Community > Posts By > shakes-beard

no photo
Wed 01/05/22 12:29 PM

I had a thought

How would You describe 'Now' without saying the present or vise versa?

The present or now. is a concept based on and reinforced by our own perception as fed to us by our five senses and exactly nothing more than our subjective (or individual) veiwpoint.

the past, present and future are, maybe the same outside of our own senses, and we are concievably existing indefinately in a sort of bizzarre, fantasmagorial kind of medium in which past, present or future have no meaning.

call it eternity or forever if you want.
Just a thought..
:smile:

Forever (Always) is a construct of our minds which bases in our ability to recognize the future and the past.

lol Past, present and future are a constuct of our minds. from my angle, this is much more fun as it allows for existing in a bizzarre timeless fantasmagorial state as well as thinking that a handful of senses and a bunch of neurones isn't biased in its estimation of the significance
of its own internal activity. and therefore the extent of existance.
not that i believe it. just more fun. sort of a Schrödinger's cat approach to time. exept life is the box. :smile:

it seems that no matter how much we chop up eternity in to little bits ie seconds, nano seconds etc we can always chop it further. it doesn't add wieght to the theory of a chain of instances accounting for the nature of existance. We base our standard candle of measurement on the decay of a cesium atom into its isotopes and while it is very clever and useful in the phisical world it is still only a measure (as it were) and a concept imposed on reality, as you observed. not a thing at all.
We'll have to wait until we open the box to find out.:smile:

no photo
Mon 01/03/22 12:14 PM
I had a thought

How would You describe 'Now' without saying the present or vise versa?

The present or now. is a concept based on and reinforced by our own perception as fed to us by our five senses and exactly nothing more than our subjective (or individual) veiwpoint.

the past, present and future are, maybe the same outside of our own senses, and we are concievably existing indefinately in a sort of bizzarre, fantasmagorial kind of medium in which past, present or future have no meaning.

call it eternity or forever if you want.

Just a thought..

:smile:

no photo
Sat 01/01/22 04:24 AM

Finished the last episode of the 1st seasons, released today.
Good to read that season 2 is already in the making :)
Bummer that it may take until Christmas season next year to be released.

I know :-) I wached season one as soon as it came out. But then I liked the books..

I strayed on to youtube just before it came out, this nerd made me laugh. (Lesby Nerdy )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8mwesN548g

I love braids. Oddly :-)

no photo
Fri 12/17/21 03:38 AM
Digital distopia

no photo
Sat 12/11/21 07:31 AM

on you...it's quite bad...

actually, it's worse.

It's better never to have than to have and than not to have it anymore...

Few very rough nights coming in....

You'll probably change perspectives a fair bit in the near future m8.

troubles ahead, troubles behind..

sucks don't it?

no photo
Mon 11/22/21 11:40 AM

no photo
Mon 11/22/21 10:26 AM

drinker

no photo
Sun 11/21/21 12:30 PM

It's a 'she', 5 months old now :) She's a Ragdoll mix.

I've found out you see these markings more often. As you can see in the photos her legs and body have black stripes, but indeed her belly is white with grey speckles.

I don't know if all cats with these markings have purebred blood in them, but I'd guess they do as it's too typical to not be.
Nila's father is purebred Ragdoll with all the papers, her mother is 1/2 Maine Coon 1/2 regular cat.

Some of Nila's sisters as well as her 1 brother have the long haired fur of a Maine Coon or Ragdoll.
Nila doesn't but she does have the very full fur of one and also the slightly longer body.

Ragdoll eh. Thanks :-) I didn't know.

And yea a really long body he puts his paws on the edge of the kitchen worktop to stretch.

no photo
Sun 11/21/21 10:37 AM
I have a cat with verry similar markings as thbottom cat. are his legs almost stripy and a really light, specked belly?

mine's quite big, compared with other cats.

shame I can't post pics.

no photo
Sun 11/21/21 09:53 AM

no photo
Sun 11/21/21 09:15 AM

no photo
Sun 11/21/21 09:13 AM
I'm Tetrachromatic

no photo
Sat 11/20/21 06:24 AM

Hi shakes .. so very sorry to hear about your brother . It must have been such a shock for you and your family . Hope you are all coping ok .

I have never really felt that perception was static nor do I see the discontent you describe as a phase more a process . I think your emotional resilience has taken a hit (and understandably so ). . It is common to feel disconnected when beliefs and value systems are challenged . How we analyse and evaluate (perception ) can have a profound effect on what we feel , how we think and how we react . It is central to emotional regulation and resilience . When we experience internal conflict it can leave us feeling vulnerable, distressed and lost but for many it is a transition that will evolve as we cultivate and recover resilience . There is a saying .. that life is in the transitions ... you will bounce back . Give yourself time and lots of TLC :heart: waving

Thank you Blondey. :-)

Phases occurring within a larger process? From my perspective anyway. :-)

But you're right of course. You sound a bit like my daughter, she's a health and well-being coach.

Anyway I haven't bounced so much as gone " splat "waving

no photo
Sat 11/20/21 06:12 AM

so My question is, why do we assume people are always the same as our immediate perception of them?

And can we really assume that our perception of ourselves at any given time is little more than a snapshot of our own internal narrative and as such a product of an ever changing form of self justification?

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. My deepest condolences.

You are deep; and very eloquent smile2 . Great questions. I think we assume people are always the same because it makes us comfortable. When they start morphing into other beings in front of our eyes, we'll make excuses, blink our eyes and try to get it to focus on something else (preferable what we'd like them to be).

As they continue to change, rather than be ourselves, we also change to fit the "new" person they've become. All the while telling ourselves that this is actually who we want to be. 90% of the time that is incorrect.

Thank you Tech. :-)
Sadly I'll have to disillusion you on the deep bit. I'm more sort of murky at a certain level, giving the illusion of depth. Dive in and you'll hit you head on the bottom pretty quickly.:-)

But your quite right. It seems that first/or early impressions color our future perceptions in a way that is often misleading or incorrect. A person may be a miserable sod most of the time but creates such a favorable first or early impression that we can sometimes feel that we are responsible for them being a miserable old sod.

We tend to forget ourselves for a while. Then something causes you to think of how you fit in the grand scheme of things, and you wake up to something that no matter how hard you try to be sensitive about, gets misconstrued. After that the whole thing just gets tiresome. :-)

Best wake up sooner rather than later.
Another smart Mingler woman :-) waving

no photo
Thu 11/18/21 06:36 AM
I sleep on a bed of nails

no photo
Thu 11/18/21 06:14 AM

waving Just trying to help. Please do not isolate.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

John Donne

Thanks LW. It takes people in different ways. I painted the outside of the house, put a new loft hatch in, decorated. changed job for something more sociable. discovered dark milk chocolate. :-) moved most of the gaden from one side to the other. sort of wanting to change everything about life.
not melancholly as much as discontent.

just a phase, probably.

no photo
Wed 11/17/21 04:14 PM

Here is my take, and I am probably wrong....
Grief and trauma,(divorce) shatters everything we know, mostly our stability in the belief we are living life right.
Bad things happen to good people, it makes us self reflect on everything, from the choices we have made to our own mortality. Most find their way out of that 'Rabbit hole' eventually, but are never the same person.

As for other people, we do not need to understand/perceive anything about them, just let them be. Everyone is trying to do their best, life is about learning.
Sometimes we get stuck in our heads with no clear answers, that is when we ought to see a counsellor or talk to friends, to help us become unstuck.

Your takes prety good actually LW

sort of changes to self going on.

I aint got everything sown up tight. I'm ok not in the pits or anything.

Just not so sure of my own perspectives atm. waving

no photo
Wed 11/17/21 03:52 PM

I also don't really know what you mean...
I've never been through the phases you mention. Sure, I've been hurt, badly too. When I tell professionals what I've been through in life (incl childhood) they're always deeply shocked.

I think the most difficult time was 10 years with a narcissist and loads of abuse, daily, all version of abuse in existence. That was the toughest chit and don't think anyone could imagine what that is like.
But I'm always focused on the positive, on learning, growing, and even after I got out with my sanity still intact I was looking at what I could learn from that situation.

Bitter cynical depressed etc. isn't me really but I guess they can be phases to go through.

Looking back on life I just see growth, in spite of all the difficulties I've encountered. Always things to course-correct of course, more things to learn & do.

Again, I may misunderstand your intention with the topic. If so ignore what I said :)

thanks for your post Crystal, and that's how i usually think. but theres nothing to be learned and nothing positive for some experiences.

I seem to be having problems expressing myself properly atm. probably best not socializing for a while. :-)

no photo
Wed 11/17/21 02:34 PM

I have no clue about what your rant was all about , in fact , now I am more confused than ever

But my deepest sympathies on the loss of your brother ...

Thanks Slim. You going with bat sh 1 t crazy?

You welcome ... hope all is well with you now !!!

yea I'm fine m8. just sort of questioning my own existance, you know?

of an evening..

no photo
Wed 11/17/21 02:01 PM

I have no clue about what your rant was all about , in fact , now I am more confused than ever

But my deepest sympathies on the loss of your brother ...

Thanks Slim. You going with bat sh 1 t crazy?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25