Community > Posts By > Sir_Galahad

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 02:41 PM
Just looking at the map, I like the first one better. Looks like it is WITHIN the park, whereas the second maps from OUTSIDE the park.

Odd that they're considered to be in the same place.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 02:34 PM
Cohabitation is illegal in Florida too BUT it usually isn't enforced. Now, for tax purposes, if you cohabit and the laws PERMIT it, you CAN claim that person as a dependent, if they meet the other qualifications. Here in Florida, you can't.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 02:19 PM

and they outlaw people making private vows and living with each other? How do they track it?

I don't know, but a South Carolina woman, where they bar cohabitation and don't permit common law marriage, was fired from her job last year AND charged for cohabitation.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 01:56 PM

if th marrrage is meaningless,,,why in th heck th divorce so expensive,,,,,,,why can't u just pack up an split

technically, I'm NOT divorced...but I haven't seen her in over five years either.

two more years, and one or both of us is legally dead.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 01:50 PM
Sounds good to me. Of course, I'd have to make sure WHICH of the two addresses is the right one. Not sure they describe the same place. Still need some confirmation on that.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 12:09 PM
I pay taxes...but that comes out of my check automatically...so I don't have anything to do with that.

What other "contact" do you suppose I have with the government? I don't. I don't own any property...so I pay no property taxes, no car registration fees, etc.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 12:07 PM
Gives me something to do at work, when they kick us out of the building for lunch.

I usually only smoke when I have nothing better to do....because I'm BORED. So, keep me entertained, and I won't smoke.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 12:04 PM
I do not "consent" to be governed, I have nothing to do with the current system. I didn't vote for anyone in the system, and I'm not GOING to vote for anyone in the system.

I do not recognize the government as an authority in MY life. Now, if they want to FORCE the issue, I suppose they could kill me...but they haven't done it yet.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 12:01 PM
My "allegiance" is reserved for ME. My country doesn't have any loyalty for me, and would flip for me quicker than anything...so why should I have loyalty to it?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 11:59 AM
Alderman's Ford. 9625 Canoe Launch Road. Lithia, FL 33547

Alderman's Ford Preserve (PDF, 197KB)
Activities: Canoeing, Fishing, Hiking, Nature Study, Parking, Picnicking, Public Access

Must be one of these, both referenced CR-39.

But I also found THIS:...never mind, it was re-opened three days later.You still might want to bring your own water and other drinks though.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 03:42 AM
The fact is...I just don't trust YOU with a gun. I'm not putting MY life in YOUR hands--because MY life is meaningless to you.

And that applies to any "you" out there.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 03:39 AM
Someone else can wave guns...I don't believe in them.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 03:36 AM
Edited by Sir_Galahad on Tue 06/17/08 03:37 AM
EDIT: (The way I heard it, she wasn't even ASKED.)

Hmm. Usually the jobs I've had have wanted me during the same hours. Except doing overnights, I have more leeway.

I've APPLIED to a local hardware store, and a few people that sell paint and paint products, and on hearing what they wanted to offer for salary? KNEW that I was going to have to continue working for Home Depot as well.

I wouldn't have a problem working for Lowe's and Home Depot...as long as my scheduling worked out so that I could be at both jobs. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 03:32 AM
Karma, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE it, if no one ever came to Florida.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 03:31 AM

Words only have power if you LET them have power.

Otherwise they don't really "mean" anything.

That's why you are saying that it doesn't matter if children hear cuss words?

Children are little sponges and absorb everything they hear and see. They don't "let" words have power. They observe and absorb and absorb and absorb.

We are their role models and should be doing right by them.

And if they do? Are we DIMINISHED by using curse words? They're just words. Like I said, they will hear them sometime, and it is a shame to try to "shield" them from reality, keeping them naive and in the dark.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Tue 06/17/08 03:29 AM

Well, Fanta, Americans shouldn't be ALLOWED in Canada, and Canadians shouldn't be ALLOWED in the U.S. Closed borders works for me.

I disagree!
Why would you say that?
As long as Americans obey Canadian law when in Canada and visa versa where's the harm?

Because we don't need people coming here from other countries, and vice versa. If you LOVE America, why would you WANT to leave it? I would have preferred to stay stateside the whole time I was in the military, but such was not to be.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 04:50 PM
Well, Fanta, Americans shouldn't be ALLOWED in Canada, and Canadians shouldn't be ALLOWED in the U.S. Closed borders works for me.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 04:22 PM

to a public place like a museum as one of your first dates, then tried to "do you" on one top of one of the displays during business hours, would you let him? Would you ever go out with him again?

Sheesh, just wrecked my plans for the weekend! Thanks a lot, now she's going to think I just want to bone her in public!

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 04:18 PM
Edited by Sir_Galahad on Mon 06/16/08 04:19 PM
Hope there's bbq's at this park...or would we have to bring in our own grills?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:35 PM
WHite Room

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25