Community > Posts By > DaySinner

DaySinner's photo
Sun 03/10/13 03:47 PM

Hummmmm......Cynical, sarcastic, snide, acrimonious...We have a winner!!bigsmile Bravo!:banana:

Often it's inspiring to watch the bands perform there. Still searching.

Jessie's Crutch!!surprised ..I don't know how I missed that Richard!laugh laugh

Yes, but tell me what you REALLY think. laugh

DaySinner's photo
Sun 03/10/13 03:31 PM
Edited by DaySinner on Sun 03/10/13 03:32 PM
makeup is essential!!!!

DaySinner's photo
Sun 03/10/13 03:12 PM

Another average night at the club for me
lol

laugh

{If i drank that is}

Yeah, I'm probably going back next week. What the hell.

DaySinner's photo
Sun 03/10/13 03:09 PM

Hummmmm......Cynical, sarcastic, snide, acrimonious...We have a winner!!bigsmile Bravo!:banana:

Often it's inspiring to watch the bands perform there. Still searching.

DaySinner's photo
Sun 03/10/13 02:49 PM
good write drinker

DaySinner's photo
Sun 03/10/13 01:55 PM
the band is loud
waves of sound that shatter
but make no sound
they take control
communication lost
please don't introduce yourself

acrid tinge of smoke
liquor obfuscates bad breath
love is in the air
a pungent reminder
of human decay

careless glances look my way
women that scan for attention
steeped in their own vanity
their men swaggering confidence
with staggering Idiocracy

I pity the roles
they have to play
while drinking their cares away
in search of conflicted pleasures
it's feeding time at the zoo

the band plays on...
"squeeze me baby, till the juice runs down leg"
overindulgence stumbles while it falls
how will I find sexual desire
gawking at rows of dirty toilets?

between sets I hear
ooooos and aaahhhs shouted at the flat screen
as one man beats another senseless
excited truths are exclaimed
"THAT'S gotta hurt!"

empty conversations to fill empty lives
as isolated as am I
there is no hiding
the deeper pain that is abiding

my shutters slowly close
I am so very tired
but comfort is no encumbrance
to pay any mind
what am I doing here?

I don't hate
I hate what they create
fear on tap with a liquor chaser
and sex handing out false promises

now the vacuum crackles
hoovering peanuts at the bar
it's time to retire
but where to go from here?
where is that love that follows?
the road home looks long
this crisp and chilly night.

DaySinner's photo
Sun 03/10/13 01:04 AM
Edited by DaySinner on Sun 03/10/13 01:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb_cF6H7CnM
Blue Oyster Cult - Fire of Unknown Origin - Full Album

This is a cool video for one of the songs on the album from the Heavy Metal animated movie...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0T8bzaxL14
Blue Oyster Cult - Vengeance (The Pact)

DaySinner's photo
Sun 03/10/13 12:31 AM
Edited by DaySinner on Sun 03/10/13 01:10 AM
Eagles yeah! Great posts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AczNk1CBTbM
Glen Frey - "You Belong to the City" from "Miami Vice"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfiKT1N670M
Don Henley - Boys Of Summer Music Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bBWBG9r2o
Don Henley - Dirty Laundry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncF6q3QeltU
The Heart Of The Matter with Lyrics

DaySinner's photo
Sat 03/09/13 08:06 PM
Edited by DaySinner on Sat 03/09/13 08:14 PM

he got a kiss from a princess that was wearing poisiness lipstick and he died the end lol

OMG

one of which was he ??? that doesn't sound good

she saunered on over
said how are ya soldier
the kiss was the last thng he saw

And he died happily believing in true love. :heart:

DaySinner's photo
Sat 03/09/13 08:04 PM
welcome to mingle drinker

DaySinner's photo
Sat 03/09/13 07:48 PM
Edited by DaySinner on Sat 03/09/13 07:49 PM
It took me this long to "get it" that's how slow I am.
It's touching. flowerforyou Actually tazzops gave me a clue.

DaySinner's photo
Sat 03/09/13 06:43 PM
I'm not a big Stevie wonder fan but I think this song is amazing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X00XdLhFLSg
Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder

Here is another one I like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwOU3bnuU0k
Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You

DaySinner's photo
Sat 03/09/13 06:32 PM
Her is a newer one. I'm feeling in a dark mood. Sorry if this gets anyone down. For me it's all about eliminating illusions from your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

DaySinner's photo
Sat 03/09/13 02:14 PM
Edited by DaySinner on Sat 03/09/13 02:17 PM

what are we supposed to think, say, and/or do if our partners/significant others makes it clear to us that they respect and will remain friends with the men and/or women that we both know are our rivals,

This statement sounds very confused to me. How can you be friends with a rival? What do you mean by rival? The moment you have a rival, there can be no friendship. I don't mean to imply that rivals can NEVER become friends. Sometimes your greatest rival turns into your greatest friend. Perhaps she becomes more important in your life than what was once your "significant other."

Please explain what you mean by loyalty. Are you talking about cheating or something else altogether?

To me a rival is someone who does not like me, and takes their dislike even further by causing me injury in some way, such as abusing me emotionally… or who will conduct themselves in such a manner as to intentionally cause me stress…

With this said… if I had a partner who was friends with a rival of mine, and even though he knew that her actions were harming me, he chooses to keep her friendship for himself, then what should I do about my relationship with him? When he is obviously more loyal to her than he would be to me in this type of scenario. I don’t fight over men who aren’t loyal to me, I leave them so they can find somebody else that they can respect honorably… After all, why would he choose another woman’s friendship over his own woman? You don’t have to answer this, this is just a question about this type of scenario that I'm curious to know the why's about.

And I’ve put this type of scenario on the table for discussion, because I’m not a relationship expert. And I haven’t had enough experience to know how to handle every different thing that comes up. I also do make rash decisions at times because I’m an over emotional female that is extremely spontaneous, especially if I’m under stress. So, I’d like to know how other people with more rational minds would handle these types of things if it happens to them…

I want to learn… and I’m the first one to admit that I don’t know everything… but I do know how I feel in my heart… and if it tells me my man isn’t being loyal to me, than I follow my instincts… right or wrong…

I say don't trust in any "authority" to tell you what to do. No one has the formula for building a happier life. You have to find the truth for yourself.

If it happened to me, I would feel jealous. Jealousy is a tricky thing causing the deepest hurt leading to irrational action. I need to be ESPECIALLY careful when I have those feelings. I would want to know why my partner wants to maintain the friendship. I want to face my hurt. It's the same thing with anger. Whether or not this leads to a breakup is less important. If your mind is preoccupied with wanting a particular result, i.e. I must break up, I must not break up, I must accept, I must not accept, it won't free to find out the truth.

DaySinner's photo
Sat 03/09/13 12:46 PM
Edited by DaySinner on Sat 03/09/13 12:57 PM

Hey Richard...What do you mean by "desperately seeking various forms of escape"?...Are you saying some people feign interest as a way to ingratiate themselves to a man or woman they are trying to control, are
Not this. Many people are unhappy, and so they seek things to do to distract them from their sorrow. An alternative is to find out why there is sorrow in the first place.

are you saying some people constantly babble as a way to keep the spotlight directed on them, or are you saying
You bring up an important thought. If someone is babbling doesn't it imply that they aren't giving care to what they are saying?
And if that is the case, I can understand how it would be tiresome listen to.

some people use constant babble as a manipulation tactic?
yeah, i hate that laugh

DaySinner's photo
Sat 03/09/13 11:50 AM
Edited by DaySinner on Sat 03/09/13 12:10 PM

what are we supposed to think, say, and/or do if our partners/significant others makes it clear to us that they respect and will remain friends with the men and/or women that we both know are our rivals,

This statement sounds very confused to me. How can you be friends with a rival? What do you mean by rival? The moment you have a rival, there can be no friendship. I don't mean to imply that rivals can NEVER become friends. Sometimes your greatest rival turns into your greatest friend. Perhaps she becomes more important in your life than what was once your "significant other."

Please explain what you mean by loyalty. Are you talking about cheating or something else altogether?

DaySinner's photo
Sat 03/09/13 11:00 AM

I can't imagine being with a guy who is constantly complaining about women blabbering too much. Or about unnecessary talking.

Maybe the guy just can't communicate so that is why the girl is doing the talking. I have found through my own experiences most men simply don't know how to communicate very well.
I think it's about communication but maybe it's also tied to being well-rounded and having interests in many different areas...My husband took pride in having broad interests. So he could engage in interesting conversations with men as well as women...He actually felt that some men could be too "limited." (Limited to conversations about sports or cars or maybe their stock holdings or jobs etc.)...And some women "limit" their conversations to their kids and grandkids or maybe clothes or styles or "house stuff."...Men and women who have broad and varied interests seem to do better when it comes to conversing with the opposite sex. Don't you think?

It depends on the motive. Some people are naturally curious. Others are desperately seeking various forms of escape.
It's important to find out what your motive is.

DaySinner's photo
Fri 03/08/13 09:02 PM
Edited by DaySinner on Fri 03/08/13 09:15 PM

I can't imagine being with a guy who is constantly complaining about women blabbering too much. Or about unnecessary talking.

Maybe the guy just can't communicate so that is why the girl is doing the talking. I have found through my own experiences most men simply don't know how to communicate very well.

A lot of men seem to process internally and then only say something once they have reached a conclusion....OK.....then they tell us....and we try to discuss...and they're caught off guard because they are assuming we know that is the CONCLUSION he has stated NOT a jumping off point for further discussion

in my opinion this can be huge cuz it's either ; (her) "OK you are presenting me with a conclusion so WHY was I not part of the discussion?" or " You are telling me this idea and then NOT hearing anything I say about it!!! grrrrr...." because we are not seeing it as the conclusion ....but he is

then (he) "I'm telling you this, Why are you questioning me?" not considering that even tho he has thought it all out we don't know that and/or expect to be part of the thinking process

I lived for years in a household that was mostly male - that's kinda how things seemed looking back on itflowerforyou

Do you remember "Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus?"

If I remember correctly, one of the key concepts in the book is that women often talk to express their feelings and thoughts, while men tend focus on problem solving. While a woman may explore ideas openly, the man may be waiting for her to "get to the point" feeling he's being called upon to fix something.

DaySinner's photo
Fri 03/08/13 08:20 PM
Edited by DaySinner on Fri 03/08/13 08:30 PM
I've given up the idea of dating anyone from this site because there aren't enough active members living in my area. I'm hear to learn. There is an abundance of writers here.

I'm also here to find out whom I share similar interests with. I'm finding out who likes me based on thoughts revealed in my posts. It's so much easier to meet people here. I mean, consider the difficulty of starting conversations from scratch with complete strangers IRL. Seems like a lot of effort. Here, at least you know what is being talked about and you can express the thoughts that are relevant to a topic that you like.

I only read a profile when I want to send an email to someone.

DaySinner's photo
Fri 03/08/13 07:41 PM
Edited by DaySinner on Fri 03/08/13 07:59 PM
flowers sorry, nothing to add at this time. I just like it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25