Community > Posts By > RicJL

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 06:52 PM

*Sees Caracatus enter the inn in a fowl mood*

"Another one that could be easily persuaded to cause some trouble."

"If by that you mean to knock some sense and manners into those noisy....revelers..." he turns and spits on the floor. "then you can count me in. Uncouth, drunken, mumble, mumble"

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 06:45 PM
Edited by RicJL on Wed 05/21/08 06:46 PM
Caracatus the Druid walks into the Inn, his face is ashen. Looking around, he spies Rathil serving some customers at the bar. He rushes over.

"Rathil, some brew I beg of you." As Rathil serves him, Caracatus downs in all at once, spilling a good deal of it in his beard. He slams the tankard onto the bar. "Another."
He is more conservative with this one.

"Why Caracatus, my friend," says Rathil, "What is wrong?"

"Too many people, too much noise." says the Druid, "In my solitary wanderings, I am afraid that I have lost my taste for crowds." he says, heaving a heavy sigh.
He looks around with a scowl as the others laugh. His lips draw into a tight line and he turns to stare furiously into his brew.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 06:27 PM
OMG! That perfectly describes my Boss!
Hi Hiker!

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 11:57 AM

Make-A-Wish

Don't forget good ole St. Judes.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 11:44 AM

ive never heard of it but its a great thought.thanks

I'm pretty sure that if you Google the name it'll come up with something, in case I didn't get it right. And you're welcome.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 11:41 AM
Aren't there already sites like that? A friend told me she belonged to Sober Circle, or something like that. Went on and on about how great it was and all of the resources it had...

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 09:13 AM

Ahhhh but what if your nofail system was overwritten by the little mutated varmits!?!?!?glasses bigsmile

That's what an off-world nanomite attractor to the sun would be for. Or you could have an orbiting device that rained hell from above...use your imagination.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 08:47 AM
Get dressed up in a belly dancer's outfit, lead him to the couch and prop him up with pillows like a reclining Sultan, then feed him morsels of his favorite food, y'know steak or whatever, so long as it's not something humdrum and "everyday", with your fingers. After you've eaten, well...just lean in and give him a long, lingering kiss. The rest I leave to your imagination.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 08:19 AM
Hey, it's not too late! I can teach you...laugh

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:54 AM
Edited by RicJL on Wed 05/21/08 08:14 AM

you have been watching to much TV

Most breakthroughs in science seeded in the imaginary world of science fiction movies and books drinker

Jules Verne inspired rockets to the moon and modern submarines. I think it was Asimov who inspired the Laser, among other things. Many famous science fiction writers, who were known as "Hard" science fiction writers (Asimov, Clark, D1ck, Heinlein, et al) because they really researched the science behind their ideas and even the physics behind the feasibility of some of their space voyages are today credited as visionaries who inspired our scientists to make the author's work come to life for real, in one way or another.

(Welcome to the Science Channel thread :wink: laugh )

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:46 AM

The idea of building a habital planet from the atomic level up utilizing minute machines that have the ability to adapt and replicate themselves is truly amazing...me thinks!

But, what happens if these machines mutate and take over...the universe could actually experience a volcanic type explosion that causes it to collapse upon itself into one massive orgasmic implosive black hole!!! sick sick sick Or not???

Ponder this drinker

In creating the nanomites, scientists would be incredibly remiss not to build in some sort of failsafe that would enable someone in authority to either stop them or destroy them outright, in the event that they replicated and/or mutated in an undesirous manner.
It's almost a given that if you create something that has the potential to turn on you, that you equip either it or yourself with something that enables you to stop it unfailingly. While I will concede that there is always the potential that nanomites could conceivably mutate away from any built-in self destruct mechanism, I would suggest that such an scenario would be taken into consideration by the scientists involved in their creation and that an alternative control method would be designed.

Like a giant nanomite attractor that then plunged itself into the Sun, for example. (Tongue firmly planted in cheek here)

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 06:32 AM
If life were fair, everyone who wanted to work would have a suitable job.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 05:31 AM
Oh you DOG, you!
laugh :wink:

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 05:23 AM
Edited by RicJL on Wed 05/21/08 05:25 AM
Movie weekend with buddies...Iron Man, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, maybe a couple of others. Been jonesing for popcorn and soft pretzel all week at the thought of it.
:wink: laugh

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 05:20 AM
"If you can imagine it, you can make it happen"

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 05:16 AM
Glücklicher Buckel-Tag
:wink: laugh

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 05:03 AM

if life was fair, kids wouldn't have to be raised by a single mother who's on cokegrumble

Amen to that one!

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 04:57 AM
If life were fair, Microsoft wouldn't exist!

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 04:52 AM
If life were fair, everyone would have enough to eat and a safe, warm place to sleep.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 04:25 AM
If life were fair, we wouldn't need Lawyers...ever.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25