Community > Posts By > William8

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:19 PM
what is suitable , for me, is what is compatible

But in regards to finding a suitable Christian partner and hoping that God will bring us together.

How can God do that if there are no suitable Christian women my age group etc?

What do we do if that's the case?

Lets say it was the case, do we seek anyone then regardless of beleif. I just need a woman who wants a strong rest of her life commitment and enjoyes romatic long walks holding hands and watching the sunset and then going home and hitting the bed springs, not a woman who wants to take a long walk off a short plank, if you know what I mean.

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:11 PM

It matters to me. No fundies of any type need apply.

That's fine with me, I would say no mentles.

So what do you believe and what power does that belief have, try and sell me your God, gods, aliens etc.

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 06:51 PM
I would think that it is also because of love and starting a family.

When 2 virgins meet they generally have the heart and mind for romance and liove. They fall in love and of all the Christian virgins I know of that have married, they are still together and happy .

Paul might be talking about 2.virgins who burn with passion to get married.

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 06:44 PM
Is it Christians spreading AIDS?

Is it Christians creating the drug and alcohol culture?

Is it Christians selling drugs on the streets to your kids?

Is it Christianity that is hiding the facts that disprove evolution?

What you got to understand that by the nature of the fall, we are inherently rebellious toward God and ultimately self seeking and full of self importance. By nature, without God we are prone to these traits.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 06:32 PM
Adam could not find a wife in his circumstances because no women existed, so God had to perform a miracle. But today in our circumstances, God cannot create a wife for us, since we are in a fallen state, and she would be sinless and immortal and would find us repulsive to name just a few problems with that.

So if there are no suitable women i.e. Christian, then Gods hands are tied.

How can he give us something that does not exist?

Any thoughts on this?

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 06:23 PM

That's a bit vague?

How are you blest and how is it working?

No it is not vague!

My trust is in God and I am right where he wants me to be.

I've met men, so I am not desperate for any man.

Well I hope it works out but I do not concider it a work of God but satistically it is much easier for a woman then a man, especially on dating sites.

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 06:17 PM
Idealy it would matter but it limits the playing field a great deal. Will God bring that ideal partner along, or is he limited by what's available?

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 02:56 AM

Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

What do you Jews tell yourselves when you see the Dome of the Rock?

Keep banging your heads against the wall cause that's as close to reality as you are going to get laugh

how close are you Christians to it?:laughing:
Lost out pretty big in the early Middle-ages,hmmm?
I mean,your Crusades were a total Bust,weren't they?rofl

Jesus Kingdom is in heaven and so there is nothing to fight for in this temporal world.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

In fact the men responsible for the crusades made the same mistake as the Jews had and still do.

You have no temple because God has forsaken you just as you have forsaken him.

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 02:48 AM
Some sects of Christianity, not all, just require you to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.

All you have to do to become a christian is to have faith in Christ and grow in christ. Since he died on the cross for our sins.

As for study by Jewish standards, which take a long time Jesus warned us about them.

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Nothing has changed noway

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 02:47 AM
Some sects of Christianity, not all, just require you to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.

All you have to do to become a christian is to have faith in Christ and grow in christ. Since he died on the cross for our sins.

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 02:39 AM
Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

What do you Jews tell yourselves when you see the Dome of the Rock?

Keep banging your heads against the wall cause that's as close to reality as you are going to get laugh

William8's photo
Sun 06/23/13 02:20 AM
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

It's important to understand that no one can come to Jesus unless drawn by the Father.

This is apparent with all who reject Him for whatever excuse or reason.

William8's photo
Sat 06/22/13 11:27 PM

As there is no secular or historical evidence for the existence of Jesus- and those that many try to use as proof, can easily be demonstrated as forgeries and falsifications, such as, the addition of references to Jesus in Flavius Joseph, which were not in the original- many Jews this story to be a retelling of the life of the Teacher of Righteousness who lived during the Maccabee era, as the stories are so similar

The writings of the New Testament which date back to the first century and the writings of the Apostolic father's and the absence of any documents denying the existence of Jesus is pretty strong evidence of His existence.

Manuscript evidence or superior New estament reliability

by Matt Slick

The New Testament is constantly under attack nd its reliability and accuracy are often ontested by critics. But, if the critics want to isregard the New Testament, then they must lso disregard other ancient writings by Plato, ristotle, and Homer. This is because the New estament documents are better-preserved and ore numerous than any other ancient ritings. Because they are so numerous, they an be cross checked for accuracy... and they re very consistent.

here are presently 5,686 Greek manuscripts in xistence today for the New Testament. If we ere to compare the number of New estament manuscripts to other ancient ritings, we find that the New Testament anuscripts far outweigh the others in uantity.

Author Date Written Earliest Copy Approxim between

Lucretius died 55 or 53 B.C. 1100 yrs

Pliny 61-113 A.D. 850 A.D. 750 yrs Plato 427-347 B.C. 900 A.D. 1200 yrs

Demosthenes 4th Cent. B.C. 1100 A.D. 800 yrs

Herodotus 480-425 B.C. 900 A.D. 1300 yrs Suetonius 75-160 A.D. 950 A.D. 800 yrs Thucydides 460-400 B.C. 900 A.D. 1300 yrs

Euripides 480-406 B.C. 1100 A.D. 1300 yrs

Aristophanes 450-385 B.C. 900 A.D. 1200 Caesar 100-44 B.C. 900 A.D. 1000 Livy 59 BC-AD 17 ---- ???

Tacitus circa 100 A.D. 1100 A.D. 1000 yrs

Aristotle 384-322 B.C. 1100 A.D. 1400

Sophocles 496-406 B.C. 1000 A.D. 1400 yrs

Homer (Iliad) 900 B.C. 400 B.C. 500 yrs

New Testament 1st Cent. A.D. (50-100 A.D.

2nd Cent. A.D. (c. 130 A.D. f.)

less than 1

s you can see, there are thousands more New estament Greek manuscripts than any other ncient writing. The internal consistency of the ew Testament documents is about 99.5% extually pure. That is an amazing accuracy. In ddition there are over 19,000 copies in the yriac, Latin, Coptic, and Aramaic languages. The total supporting New Testament anuscript base is over 24,000.

lmost all biblical scholars agree that the New estament documents were all written before he close of the First Century. If Jesus was rucified in 30 A.D., then that means that the ntire New Testament was completed within 70 ears. This is important because it means there ere plenty of people around when the New estament documents were penned who could ave contested the writings. In other words, hose who wrote the documents knew that if hey were inaccurate, plenty of people would ave pointed it out. But, we have absolutely no ncient documents contemporary with the First entury that contest the New Testament texts.

urthermore, another important aspect of this iscussion is the fact that we have a fragment f the gospel of John that dates back to around 9 years from the original writing (John Rylands apyri 125 A.D.). This is extremely close to the riginal writing date. This is simply unheard of n any other ancient writing and it emonstrates that the Gospel of John is a First entury document.

elow is a chart with some of the oldest extant ew Testament manuscripts compared to when hey were originally penned. Compare these ime spans with the next closest which is omer's Iliad where the closest copy from the riginal is 500 years later. Undoubtedly, that eriod of time allows for more textual orruption in its transmission. How much less o for the New Testament documents?

Important Manuscript Papyri

Contents

p 52 (John Rylands Fragment)

John 18:31-33,37-38

P 46 (Chester Beatty Papyrus)

Rom. 5:17-6:3,5-14; 8:15-25, 27-35; 10: 11,22,24-33,35; 16:1-23, 25-27; Heb.; 1 Cor., Eph., Gal., Phil., Col.; 1 Thess. 1:1, 2:1-3; 5:5-9, 23-28

P 66 (Bodmer Papyrus) John 1:1-6:11,35-14:26; fragment of 14:

P 67 Matt. 3:9,15; 5:20-22, 25-28

f the critics of the Bible dismiss the New estament as reliable information, then they ust also dismiss the reliability of the writings f Plato, Aristotle, Caesar, Homer, and the other uthors mentioned in the chart at the beginning f the paper. On the other hand, if the critics cknowledge the historicity and writings of hose other individuals, then they must also etain the historicity and writings of the New estament authors; after all, the evidence for he New Testament's reliability is far greater han the others. The Christian has substantially uperior criteria for affirming the New estament documents than he does for any ther ancient writing. It is good evidence on hich to base the trust in the reliability of the ew Testament.

his article is also available in: Español, 中文

Norman Geisler & Peter Bocchino, Unshakeable Foundations, (Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House Publishers, 2001) p. 256. The above chart was adapted from three sources: 1) Christian Apologetics, by Norman Geisler, 1976, p. 307; 2) the article "Archaeology and History attest to the Reliability of the Bible," by Richard M. Fales, Ph.D., in The Evidence Bible, Compiled by Ray Comfort, Bridge-Logos Publishers, Gainesville, FL, 2001, p. 163; and 3) A Ready Defense, by Josh Mcdowell, 1993, p. 45. "Deissmann was convinced that p52 was written well within the reign of Hadrian (A.D. 117-38) and perhaps even during the time of Trajan (A.D. 98-117)" (Footnote #2 found on pg. 39 of The Text of the New Testament, by Bruce M. Metzger, 2nd Ed. 1968, Oxford University Press, NY, NY). Bruce Metzger has authored more than 50 books. He holds two Masters Degrees, a Ph.D. and has been awarded several honorary doctorates. "He is past president of the Society of Biblical Literature, the International Society fo New Testament Studies, an the North American Patristic Society." -- From, The Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel, Zondervan Publishers, 1998, Grand Rapids, MI: pg. 57.

The Jews reject Jesus because he came to save us from our sins not to promote Judaism. Which is clearly evident from Isaiah.

Isaiah  53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?  53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.  53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.  53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.  53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.  53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.  53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.  53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.  53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.  53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.  53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

The Jews just blatantly ignore the singular reference to "He was" etc and claim it refers to the Jewish nation which is absurd.

The passage is clearly talking about a man who would be punished by God for our sins.

You see the Jews lost perspective and still have.

Through them came the law which would prove the world of sin.

Then God would send the messiah to pay for those sins because He was the only one who could live according to Gods perfect law, because He was God.

Isaiah 9:6   For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus has brought all men to him through his death on the cross.

John  3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The Jews played their role but did not want the Messiah to fulfill his.

Romans  3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.  3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;  3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:  3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;  3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past.

William8's photo
Sat 06/22/13 11:00 PM
The harmful effects of disobeying Bible based morality is not an opinion but an observable fact.

Secularism has spread the drug and alcohol culture and all the STD's, crime, violence in society.

Christianity has delivered many from these things.

Lets look at atheistic morality.

1) Sexual freedom which has lead to the spread of AIDS, increased abortion rate, STD's all of which has turned a beautiful gift that propogates life and love into the spread of death and world wide suffering.

2) Party Culture that has lead to drug problems, alcoholics , domestic violence, crime, all of which is a gauntlet of things that are designed to ruin peoples lives.

3) Science which has lead to the dependance of technology, overpopulation, climate change, global warming which will lead to the next generation to suffer more then any other in history.

William8's photo
Sat 06/22/13 10:33 PM
No the only way to know right from wrong is in what God has revealed to us, first by his prophets which were killed, then through his own Son which was killed.

I am not condeming anyone, atheism is self condemned for rejecting the existence of God, even though they have to ignore facts and they also reject Gods perfect law even though the consequences of doing so are obviously harmful.

William8's photo
Sat 06/22/13 10:26 PM
If you have the money to travel then it's a good possibility but if there is no chance of ever meeting then there can be no chance of anything other then chats online.

William8's photo
Sat 06/22/13 09:45 PM
What do you mean by miracle?

God doesn't work like that because He wants us to seek natural remedies and natural means. Like Paul said to Timothy to mix wine and water together to help his stomach troubles.

If you are depressed see a doctor.

If God did miracles all the time people would believe for the wrong reasons.

Not doing miracles gives people a choice as to whether they will follow Him or their sinful nature.

If you truly believe in God then you will understand that the universe and life is a miracle.

We are miracles.

God has established his truth and only wants us to act on that.

I once had an agonizing tooth ache, I prayed and prayed for God to heal it but finally had to go to the dentists and he fixed it.

God works through providence not miracles.

He just doesn't need to and proffers things to happen with the natural realm that He has created for that very purpose.

William8's photo
Sat 06/22/13 09:33 PM
I wasn't justifying cheating on a spouse I was giving an example from Shakespeare as to why some do cheat.

I have never cheated on anyone or with anyone in my life.

The moral argument cab be settled so easily.

If you obey the Bible there would be no AIDS, alcoholism, crime, sexually transmitted diseases, and the so many other problems that are a part of secularism.

The consequences speak for themselves.

Why people choose to disobey God speaks for itself.

Good and evil has to be measured by the consequences.

3000 babies being born with HIV a day is horrendous.

Sodomy was the perfect catalysts for spreading AIDS, since the rectum wall was not designed for sexual intercourse and blood and semen get mixed together. Whereas the vagina does not bleed and a man can even have sex with a women who has AIDS and there is a very low chance of contracting the virus. Through anal there is a 100 percent chance if the giver has AIDS.

Gods laws are the best because He knows was best, and we prove that society needs those laws, because everyone wants to do what is harmful to themselves and others.

Gods law clearly speaks for itself and all who are oppossed to it are so because of the sexual restrictions, which has spread aids world wide, for not obeying.

William8's photo
Sat 06/22/13 08:53 PM
You all just prove my point by claiming to be a law unto yourselves and so your so called moral compass will point to whatever you so please, your who morality is based on sex, as you have listed. Sexual gratification is your only moral compass.

Also God gave us everything we have including our intelligence and bodies and He will hold you into account for that.

You guys have to make up your own religious beleifs or belief in aliens to excuse not obeying God. The fact that you can only make up these things shows that in the light of Gods revealed truth, they are wrong. You cannot justify them any other way.

The clock ticks ever closer to your demise, and then the judgement.

You cannot avoid it any more then you can stop time.

God has absolute power and has set the times and seasons for your life and the account you must give for it.

The only reason why you have free will is because you cannot be juged without it.

William8's photo
Sat 06/22/13 08:40 PM
Obeying a rule or a man made law does not necessarily have anything to do with Morality.

So do you only obey man's laws out of a fear of punishment, not out of a moral obligation to not steal, for example if you can get away with it.

That's kind of the point though, when they go trying to make things illegal just because "their" religion says it's immoral. Things like birth control, sex education, same-sex marriages, etc. and that's just for starters.

You prove my point entirely.

Do you support homosexuality even though 3000 babies are born every day with HIV?

Do you support abortion but not capital punishment?