Community > Posts By > jrbogie

jrbogie's photo
Tue 12/06/11 01:27 PM
diverting funds from the spreading of christianity i guess. eh, a cause is a cause i suppose.

jrbogie's photo
Sun 12/04/11 04:13 AM
ageing myself but it got a thumbs up for good dance beat on the dick clark show.

jrbogie's photo
Sun 12/04/11 04:09 AM

Honesty would be a big plus. :thumbsup:
Kindness
Respectful
Good sense of humour
integrity
Good work ethic
Intelligent
No big ego!!!!
Not self-centered!!!

and...knows the difference between intamacy and sex.

i see the word, "intelligent" often as a wanted atribute but what does the word actually mean to folks here? can't equate "intelligence" with "education" can you? is it "knowledge"? knowledge of what? i've my own idea of what i mean when i use the word but wondering what others who use it in their profile mean.

jrbogie's photo
Sun 12/04/11 03:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NF5XU-k2Vk

jrbogie's photo
Sat 12/03/11 04:46 PM
theories do not explain facts. that's why they're called theories.

jrbogie's photo
Sat 12/03/11 05:33 AM

I was the latter now I'm the former

Which is really better?

Is there even a better of these two?

Discuss

you bet there's a better option. at least two in fact. single and not lonely and obviously taken and happy. but then i guess we all see lonely differently. when i think of lonely, i think of vietnam. haven't felt lonely since. and taken? there's always just being happy and content together.

jrbogie's photo
Sat 12/03/11 05:21 AM
Edited by jrbogie on Sat 12/03/11 05:23 AM

I went on a date last week, and suggested in a round about way that we go "dutch" on the movie we decided to see...she seemed a little surprised but then was adamant about paying for the movie tickets while I paid for the pop and popcorn. Who should pay on a first date? Man? Woman? or split?....oh yeah - there hasn't been a second date :(

i can understand why the no second date. i always pay. like theas easy questions.

jrbogie's photo
Sat 12/03/11 04:42 AM

The Military actually has an abbreviation for a confirmed alien space craft but I forgot what it was. It is not "UFO."

understandable as the military has never confirmed an alien space craft.

You would have no way of knowing that.

I believe they have, or they would not have an abbreviation for it.

seems you've no way of knowing that either or you'd be able to come up with the abreviation. when you do i'll stand corrected.

jrbogie's photo
Sat 12/03/11 04:37 AM

no such animal as a new world order.

It is not an "animal."

precisely what i said.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 03:21 PM
no such animal as a new world order.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 03:18 PM

i would say your wrong there... a scientist has to start somewhere, and starting by what they believe is the way to go.

not so in the least. a scientist begins with a postulate and after thinking about it will develope a hypothesis. then he searches for evidence that can be tested using the very strict scrutiny of the scientific method and if the testing produces predictable and repeatable results he finally has a valid theory. belief has no place whatsoever in science.

if they didn't believe it, they would never try to prove it... unless they are trying to disprove it...

acutally the scientific method is all about disproving. that's precisely why it's called testing. can the theory meet the challenge of the latest test? that's the question. scientists live to one up each other. evidence is tested primarily to see if the theory will hold up. if it does, the theory stands as valid. if not, the theory must be modified or abandoned. a theory can never be proved absolutely. we never know what the next test will entail.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 03:11 PM

Dunno if its directly related to topic realy but was struck by sumting i read recently . the great Henry Ford paid his workers above average wage wen the company was just starting,he said "ur employess shud be ur best customers" , Made sense to me. Ah for a return to simpler times :)

and yet ford's workers unionized anyway. in fact no auto company fought harder to keep the uaw out.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 03:05 PM

I agree with JR on this, HOWEVER I think if the bus system allows advertising it should not really discriminate against anything like this.

there's a finite amount of ad space anywhere and most certainly on the sides of a certain number of buses. any media provider must pick and choose among numerous ad clients. would descriminating against advertising by an adult toy retailer be acceptable by a city bus system? the city REJECTED an ad campaign. had they accepted, would it not be descriminating against a u.s. corporation, say a local bmw auto dealership, where such an ad might cause a loss in sales resulting in layoffs of it's local american employees?

it really is a global economy folks and as powerful as america is it cannot change that fact. we either saavy up and deal with it or wither and die.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:47 PM

Some of my ideas are very wild.

Its called brainstorming.

They are not actually official "theories" in scientific terms.

I do a lot of speculating.

I don't just accept a lame explanation when there are too many questions to be answered.

there is nothing wrong with that, but the scientific community needs proof, and there just really isn't anything real or substantial to show...

I don't answer to the scientific community. I am free to speculate if I want.

indeed you are but your original post was concern about ridicule which such speculation invites.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:45 PM

Well humans eat cows but they have never been caught doing the mutilating.

nor has an alien been caught doing the mutilating. an alleged sighting is not a catch.

Humans also abduct people but I've never heard of any human caught dressed up like an alien in any abduction case.

nor has an alien been caught in any abduction case.

So what long history are you talking about?

the long history of human abductions and cow mutilations, obviously. there's no denying that they've happened but there's nothing but unfounded testimony that anything other than humans did the deeds. just as with the god fearing folks; testimony but no evidence whatsoever.

The Military actually has an abbreviation for a confirmed alien space craft but I forgot what it was. It is not "UFO."

understandable as the military has never confirmed an alien space craft. but that's besides the point; why do ordinary people call them "ufo's" if they identify these flying objects as alien space craft?

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:34 PM

i would say your wrong there... a scientist has to start somewhere, and starting by what they believe is the way to go.

not so in the least. a scientist begins with a postulate and after thinking about it will develope a hypothesis. then he searches for evidence that can be tested using the very strict scrutiny of the scientific method and if the testing produces predictable and repeatable results he finally has a valid theory. belief has no place whatsoever in science.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 04:23 AM

Long hand of China!
Maybe not direct,but Walmart and others would stand to lose a good Penny if Americans suddenly start to buy American Made!

yep and walmart losing enough good pennies and watch the layoffs begin. most people get it even though we often whine about it at cocktail parties and on the forums. the american consumer is no differennt than every other consumer on the planet. we want value from wherever it comes. once again this year the top five selling cars in america come from foreign manufacturers. and the bulk of those cars are built right here in america by american workers who enjoy their jobs and don't want to lose them because their "corporation" lost billions.

it IS a global market folks. we can do one of two things. we can remain in denial with this "buy amrerican" crap and get run over by a train with china as the engine pulling along boxcars from europe and finally a caboose like vietnam; or we can face reality and deal in this global market like no other country on the planet can even begin to compete with and own all the track. of course that takes smart logic and that just cannot get elected.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 04:04 AM

It is anti-globalization. Anti-capitalism.

Most of our products come from other countries, but they are American corporations giving jobs to those children that are paid a dollar a day to make Niki's.

Its all about profit.

December is the biggest profit month of the year. If people all started buying only American made products, heck we might have to create stuff here and create more American jobs at home.

That could cause the corporations to lose billions.

corporations losing billions has never created jobs. just the opposite.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 04:00 AM
i'd just as soon that the gubment, city, county, state, federal, not get involved in suggesting that i buy or don't buy anything from anywhere. this isn't a "ban" btw, as the title of the thread presupposes. the city "rejected" advertising.

jrbogie's photo
Fri 12/02/11 03:53 AM

the "u" in "ufo" is for "unidentified" meaning no clue what it is INCLUDING an object from anywhere.

That is true, and some of those "unidentified" objects are alien space ships.

then why are the referred to as "ufo's"f? why not call them alien space ships?

Some are probably just toys or weather ballons or swamp gas.:tongue:

But swamp gas does not mutilate cows or abduct people and do anal probing. scared

no, but there's a long history of humans doing those things.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25