DumbestUsernameEvr's photo
Fri 11/02/12 07:49 PM
Black Sabbath! (Best band that ever existed. Was hoping I'd get 'B'.)

Fri 11/02/12 07:40 PM
Edited by DumbestUsernameEvr on Fri 11/02/12 07:42 PM

Was told once that I look like Jonathan Davis from Korn. I don't see it myself.

Good look-a-like!

If you dyed your hair black, you would be a dead ringer.surprised

Nicely done Jeannie!:thumbsup:

My hair was black years ago. I should post one of those pictures. By the way you do look like Cher.

Fri 11/02/12 07:33 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/jersey-town-ala-volunteer-utility-crew-don-t-053500307.html

New Jersey town to Ala. volunteer utility crew: Don’t help with Sandy unless you’re unionized

Utility crews from several states East of the Mississippi River hit the road this week to volunteer their time and talents in Northeastern states hit hard by Hurricane Sandy. But crews from Alabama got the shock of their lives when other workers in a coastal New Jersey town told them they couldn’t lend a hand without a union card.

Derrick Moore, who works for Decatur Utilities in Decatur, Ala., told WAFF-TV in Huntsville that crews in Seaside Heights, N.J. turned him and his crewmates away, saying they couldn’t do any work there because they’re not union employees.

As a result, crews from Decatur and Huntsville left the Jersey shore and headed to Long Island to pitch in.

WAFF’s Mark Thornton reported that Moore and his coworkers “are frustrated being told, in essence, ‘thanks, but no thanks.’”

Another nonunion Decatur Utilities crew is idling in Roanoke, Va., waiting for instructions from Seaside Heights. The town asked them days ago for help, but later told the workers to stand down.

A rejected crew from the Joe Wheeler Electric Membership Co-op in Trinity, Ala. has already turned around and headed back to Dixie.

Electric repair work for public utilities in New Jersey is dominated by the International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers, a unit of the politically powerful AFL-CIO.

Many parts of coastal New Jersey are projected to be without electric power for at least seven to 10 more days.

Disgusting!sick

That keyword volunteer makes all the difference. Now this looks more like a case of union bullying. In that case I agree, especially since they turned away numerous crews, that they should've accepted the help and just tried to get things cleaned up. In fact since this is a union that serves the public interest in this area (even though they are a trade union) that there should be an article in the agreement that pertains to natural catastrophe. Since this apparently isn't the case the city has to abide by the contract or face numerous grievances later on. Maybe they will take this situation into consideration at the next contract negotiation. However, as an ex union member, if I was in the shoes of one of the workers there I would have had no problem with the outside volunteer help. This is completely different than my first impression that the city was purposely exploiting the situation and using it to cut corners and circumvent the agreement.

Fri 11/02/12 07:05 PM
Zappa Plays Zappa

Fri 11/02/12 06:39 PM
I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

-Mitch Hedburg

Fri 11/02/12 06:26 PM
Widespread Panic

Fri 11/02/12 06:21 PM
interesting

Fri 11/02/12 06:13 PM
job well done

Fri 11/02/12 06:00 PM
U.F.O.

Fri 11/02/12 05:53 PM
Town Wizard

Fri 11/02/12 05:49 PM
Slayer!

Fri 11/02/12 05:46 PM
pubes are curly

Fri 11/02/12 05:43 PM
-Think I broke the rules. That's a solo artist.

Queens of the Stoneage

Fri 11/02/12 05:41 PM
Q Tip

Fri 11/02/12 05:33 PM
O.A.R.

Fri 11/02/12 05:31 PM
Edited by DumbestUsernameEvr on Fri 11/02/12 05:31 PM
Dictionary Author