DumbestUsernameEvr's photo
Fri 11/02/12 04:58 PM
Iron Butterfly

Fri 11/02/12 04:49 PM
whatever I'm out of

Fri 11/02/12 04:46 PM

Was told once that I look like Jonathan Davis from Korn. I don't see it myself.

Dude, you totally look like him :tongue:

Well that makes two so maybe I do. Now if only I could sing...

Fri 11/02/12 01:16 PM
Yeah I know; hurricane, death, destruction, all around bad situation. I get it and I believe I've already addressed this. Apparently nobody is really reading what I wrote so I'm not sure what else to say. Again, I'm sure this isn't the only help that could've been available and I'm sure that they weren't there for any moral, humane purpose. They were there to bend the rules knowing that people would just look at the surface story and say, "You won't let them help, that's despicable." And again I could be wrong. If anyone has further details to support me being wrong or right please provide them, keeping in mind that I'm already aware of the fact that people on the east coast are in bad shape and need help.

Fri 11/02/12 12:48 PM
Driving.

Fri 11/02/12 12:07 PM

If this was volunteer work then that's one thing. If it was paid labor then I see nothing wrong with this. Natural catastrophe or not, union agreements need to be honored. The union I used to be in had an article in their agreement which stated that any work that can be done in house must remain in house and be performed by members of the bargaining unit. This was for good cause because if not for this the union would have no bargaining power knowing that the corrupt-*** company could just lay us off and bring in outside guys or use their own corporate employees to do our work. It's not even completely a matter of money. Agreements are highly detailed documents which outline the working conditions, how employees are to be treated, what the company and the workers can and can not do, etc. This document is reviewed, revised, and voted on by both sides before it is signed and once signed must be abided by. If the company is allowed to get away with violating any part of the agreement then it is a worthless piece of paper and there might as well not even be a union.

So you'd rather see people homeless and without food and water for a PO her period of time?
Good looking out.

PO her? Not sure what you were trying to type. Anyway, as I said, if this was volunteer help then due to the circumstances the union should've dropped the red tape and let them help. However if these were paid contractors trying to work on union soil then it's just a matter of the city or the company trying to capitalize on the situation and bring in cheap labor and I'm glad they didn't get away with it. You mean to tell me that the nearest outfit they could get to come up and work was from Alabama? I find that hard to believe, more likely they were specifically chosen. Of course I don't know all of the specifics and could be wrong. If I'm reading into this correctly though then I stand by everything I said above.

Fri 11/02/12 11:54 AM
Was told once that I look like Jonathan Davis from Korn. I don't see it myself.

Fri 11/02/12 11:35 AM
Yes, then I wasn't sure I should've wished for it.

What would you do if you found a wallet full of money that included an address?

Fri 11/02/12 11:24 AM
If this was volunteer work then that's one thing. If it was paid labor then I see nothing wrong with this. Natural catastrophe or not, union agreements need to be honored. The union I used to be in had an article in their agreement which stated that any work that can be done in house must remain in house and be performed by members of the bargaining unit. This was for good cause because if not for this the union would have no bargaining power knowing that the corrupt-*** company could just lay us off and bring in outside guys or use their own corporate employees to do our work. It's not even completely a matter of money. Agreements are highly detailed documents which outline the working conditions, how employees are to be treated, what the company and the workers can and can not do, etc. This document is reviewed, revised, and voted on by both sides before it is signed and once signed must be abided by. If the company is allowed to get away with violating any part of the agreement then it is a worthless piece of paper and there might as well not even be a union.

1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next