Community > Posts By > CleanBathroom

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 01:32 PM
Cute pic Myka. love

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 01:28 PM
The #1 team in the world, toting a 35-game win streak, goes down to the "Yanks." How the heck did that happen?

Long live soccer ... and hot soccer moms.

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 04:10 AM
Good thread Tina ...

I'm digging all the "olde school" people in here who have been around a while. Good to see your faces. Sorry I'm an absentee lately (or "you're welcome" based upon who you are. :wink:).

What I do with her (aka "the one") is something that must be decided in unison, btw, so I'm wide open I think. A good relationship is built upon the desire to accommodate the other person as mission #1.

The beach chair thingy isn't a bad start though. :banana:

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:35 AM
No!

Where?

Really? huh

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 12:00 PM
smooched flowers

You rock Fran! :thumbsup: Keep up the A-list flirting. We appreciate it. shades

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 11:48 AM

OH ... and tourism is down also. That's like 5 cents lost for every dollar NOT spent on hotel rooms and rental cars because people are travelling less without disposable income.

Wanna' split a studio apartment Fran? I'll buy the hot pockets! :tongue:

pitchfork hmmm split a studio apartment??? pitchfork

sounds delightful, I am not much of a sleeper though, you ok with that :wink:

nix hot pockets - don't like them

Fruit salad it is then. :tongue:

Can Lilith come over for a pajama party? devil bigsmile

What is this pajama you speak of rofl

laugh pitchfork

That's officially hot btw ... nice work. drinker

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 11:46 AM

It goes back into next year's budget, since we will be operating at a deficit for a while. Maybe we can buy some of that tainted Chinese drywall and renovate Ellis Island.

Better yet, who wants to see Bernie Madoff waterboarded on live television?

ok now I know you can help me, if these monies will be going into next year's budget, why is my local government increasing prices, reducing services and releasing x amt of employees?

Why am I paying taxes above and beyond what I have paid if they are getting their money back?

Your local government is primarily funded by local sales and property taxes, which have been on the decline in severe fashion for some time .... esp property taxes as home values have deflated. The Federal government is providing the state with monies for roads, etc and some stimulus money, but it is a drop in the bucket compared to the state's primary sources of revenue.

Also to consider is that Florida has taken a bath in the market ... particularly with the collapse of Lehman Brothers, where Florida had a gigantic chunk of its pension fund invested, causing budgetary shortfalls.

Obama extended Bush's tax cuts for the time being, so you shouldn't see an increase in taxes unless you are one of the highest earners. Nonetheless, state services will be cut due to decreasing revenues as I mentioned earlier. That will take some time to cycle back into the black. The key in Florida is for the housing market to rebound. Then you'll see things normalize.

The gambling accord Crist cut with The Seminole tribe to bring in gambling dollars would have helped. Hopefully, something gets done there. Also, the new taxes levied on cigarettes will add some "sin" tax cash. I was hoping they'd slam another tax on liquor also but Floridians like their booze too much and politicians are scared.

Crist is the source of my discontentment - he is raising taxes here, there, every flipping where because of the supposed tax break (payroll) wtf!!!! Tuition also going up, he approved the insurance comps to raise their rates. WTF all I receive is an extra $8-14/a wk yet with all the add ons, fees, etc., I am out approx twice the allotted "stimulus" tax break - not feeling very stimulated... rant

now back to our regularly scheduled show rant

He'll be gone soon enough anyway. He's your next Senator.

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 11:42 AM

OH ... and tourism is down also. That's like 5 cents lost for every dollar NOT spent on hotel rooms and rental cars because people are travelling less without disposable income.

pitchfork hmmm split a studio apartment??? pitchfork

sounds delightful, I am not much of a sleeper though, you ok with that :wink:

nix hot pockets - don't like them

Fruit salad it is then. :tongue:

Can Lilith come over for a pajama party? devil bigsmile

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 11:38 AM

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 11:28 AM
Edited by CleanBathroom on Tue 06/09/09 11:31 AM

It goes back into next year's budget, since we will be operating at a deficit for a while. Maybe we can buy some of that tainted Chinese drywall and renovate Ellis Island.

ok now I know you can help me, if these monies will be going into next year's budget, why is my local government increasing prices, reducing services and releasing x amt of employees?

Why am I paying taxes above and beyond what I have paid if they are getting their money back?

Your local government is primarily funded by local sales and property taxes, which have been on the decline in severe fashion for some time .... esp property taxes as home values have deflated. The Federal government is providing the state with monies for roads, etc and some stimulus money, but it is a drop in the bucket compared to the state's primary sources of revenue.

Also to consider is that Florida has taken a bath in the market ... particularly with the collapse of Lehman Brothers, where Florida had a gigantic chunk of its pension fund invested, causing budgetary shortfalls.

Obama extended Bush's tax cuts for the time being, so you shouldn't see an increase in taxes unless you are one of the highest earners. Nonetheless, state services will be cut due to decreasing revenues as I mentioned earlier. That will take some time to cycle back into the black. The key in Florida is for the housing market to rebound. Then you'll see things normalize.

The gambling accord Crist cut with The Seminole tribe to bring in gambling dollars would have helped. Hopefully, something gets done there. Also, the new taxes levied on cigarettes will add some "sin" tax cash. I was hoping they'd slam another tax on liquor also but Floridians like their booze too much and politicians are scared.

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 11:21 AM

glasses ACORN did itglasses

ROCK THE VOTE! drinker

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 11:19 AM

I usually don't post to the conspiracy theory threads because I have found that many people believe what they want to believe and will ignore the facts. Many people are truly interested in the mechanics of what happened but cannot tell the difference between the "facts" presented to support the theory and the actual facts presented by someone knowledgeable. Many people are presented as experts just to make a buck, or a name, or trouble just for fun.

When the Twin Towers fell, I was watching on TV and watched as the second plane hit. Within minutes, I knew the buildings were going to fall and fall in exactly the way that happened.

Here are a few facts to consider on Flight 77.

Aircraft are made of very thin sheet metal aluminum for the most part. If you do not know what happens to aluminum in a fire, go build a charcoal fire and throw a crushed beer can into it and watch what happens. Or come back later and see how much of the can you can find. Aluminum burns and is the major component of high class fireworks.

Everyone wants to quote the melting point of steel as being so much higher than the heat of a burning jet fuel fire. The fact is that steel begins to lose it's strength rapidly over 600F and has fallen to the ground well before 1800F ever happens. Keep in mind the steel is there supporting weight and will not do that in a weakened state. No knowledgeable person has ever said the steel in any of these buildings "melted". They either don't have a clue or just misinterpreted the fact that the steel "failed" once it became softened by the heat.

There are lots of pictures of the pieces of the plane and the engines at the Pentagon. All you need to find them is the urge to look. The US Gov't has a policy to suppress information of that nature because terrorists could use the information on damage to plan a better attack next time. For this reason, among others, the cleanup of the Pentagon site happened at maximum speed. IMHO, I think part of the reason the cleanup happened so fast was to get the minds of the Pentagon workers back to their jobs ASAP to stop this type of event from reoccurring.

I don't expect most to give my words any more credence than those of anyone else. However, the friends I have made would have confidence that I know quite a bit about Metal and Wings .... and I don't need to research the net for facts on either.

Terrorists hijacked Flight 77 and flew it into the Pentagon. The real conspiracy, as I see it, is how the gov't has convinced a population steeped in the history of self defense, empowered by a Constitution to protect against excessive government authority, and provided with a superior education, to sit by idle while a couple of idiots with box cutters kill you and thousands of innocent citizens.

I think you a very knowledgable person wing as I have said before, but there are still other factors or questions.

For one, the fires were starved for oxygen as the black smoke showed so never achieved and real temperature to fatigue the steel. Not over a big enough area, or for long enough. People were standing in the impact hole shortly after the impact so there is no way the fire was jet fuel fed. It ignited on impact.....a flash burn.

The tower in Madrid burned for 18 hours or more, a red hot flame, over the entire top, but didn't fall. The towers fell in under an hour with only damage to a few certain floors. But again, this is another topic.

While the plane may be constucted of aluminum, the massive engines are not, and there are no pictures of these engines being found at the Pentagon. There is a picture of a single turbine part, but it is too small for the 757 engines by a great deal, and there was only one shown.

This is a simple rebuttal, please understand, I don't profess to be any skilled or knowledgable person on such things, but my eyes saw something that doesn't add up, even if only by picture evidence which was very lacking for a real report of any kind to base a solid opinion on.

The engines "punched" into the building and were laying there. I have seen them in photographs. I do not understand the theory that they do not exist.

Metal "fatigue" is a different form of failure which does not apply here. Bending and shear failure in structural steel members occurs when either elastic limit is reached, or the elastic limit is changed into the region of the "plastic" limit. Changing the elastic limit (stress range where the steel will return to it's original shape) to the plastic range (where deformity does not return) is the process where steel is made into the various shapes that we see. It doesn't matter how much oxygen could get to the jet fuel. No matter what, it would still burn hot enough to heat the steel beyond it's elastic limit and cause it to fail. At 1000F steel is garbage as a structural member.

A jet crash into a building near the ground can cause "pooling". This event takes place if the ruptured fuel tanks can spill large amounts of fuel into a basement where the fuel can cause a large source of fuel for a fire but it burns slowly because most of it is not exposed to the atmosphere. Fuel vapor burns, liquid fuel does not.

Keep the questions coming. The fact that you ask is a sign of your freedom and evidence that your brain is working.:wink: Don't let the government take either of those away from you. My only suggestion is to keep your mind open to other sources of information also.

Isn't metal fatigue the scientific principle behind why Joan Rivers' face looks like that after botox?

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 11:17 AM

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 11:10 AM

The bailout may have been too large but you have to give Obama credit for the way he designed the package. All the companies involved were incentivized to clean up their act and are being forced to repay before they can pay their officers as they please.

Nice motivation to get it together I'd say. And it's starting to work ... like it or not.

No more Rick Waggoner at GM.

Ten banks paying back their loan.

Chrysler being saved via government-brokered sale to Fiat. (Save for Ginsburg sticking her nose into the fray temporarily.)

Unemployment claims dropping.

Housing market slump slowing drastically.

It's looking pretty well orchestrated to this point, despite your political leaning. I just wonder if anyone to the far right will have the kutzpah to admit a job well done, if it finishes like it's started.

We are, after all, in this together. (Everyone except Limbaugh, Gingrich and Cheney. They want America to collapse just so they can satiate their ego by being proclaimed correct.)

Despite my political leaning? Tell me, which way do I lean?

I am not blaming nor praising anyone, I am asking how it pertains to me the taxpayer.

It was a general statement Fran ... not aimed at you.

It's money returned to you the taxpayer.

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 10:56 AM
The bailout may have been too large but you have to give Obama credit for the way he designed the package. All the companies involved were incentivized to clean up their act and are being forced to repay before they can pay their officers as they please.

Nice motivation to get it together I'd say. And it's starting to work ... like it or not.

No more Rick Waggoner at GM.

Ten banks paying back their loan.

Chrysler being saved via government-brokered sale to Fiat. (Save for Ginsburg sticking her nose into the fray temporarily.)

Unemployment claims dropping.

Housing market slump slowing drastically.

It's looking pretty well orchestrated to this point, despite your political leaning. I just wonder if anyone to the far right will have the kutzpah to admit a job well done, if it finishes like it's started.

We are, after all, in this together. (Everyone except Limbaugh, Gingrich and Cheney. They want America to collapse just so they can satiate their ego by being proclaimed correct.)

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 10:47 AM

:tongue: I remember when she was on "Sex In The City":tongue:

She looks like Charlotte, acts like Carrie and rolls like Samantha.

She's the perfect female composite that Lilith.

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 10:34 AM

She's too argumentative. I've repeatedly asked her for naked pictures to no avail. :angry:

I hear ya, Larry. If only you wanted the real thing rather than just the pics. tears

I'll take the real thing ... Vegas or AC? :banana:

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 10:29 AM

She's too argumentative. I've repeatedly asked her for naked pictures to no avail. :angry:
:banana: maybe you need a cleaner bathroom.rofl be seeing you

I have my rubber gloves on as we speak.

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 10:22 AM
All this talk of burning aluminum has made me crave beer can chicken.

I'm firing up the grill later. smokin

CleanBathroom's photo
Tue 06/09/09 10:18 AM

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25