Community > Posts By > CleanBathroom

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 06/25/09 09:32 PM

well I'd think at least he'd be allowed to the funeral..

MJ was the 3rd... Ed McMahon, Farrah and MJ all this week...

(((Mike)))

That will make for an eclectic escalator ride upstairs for sure.

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 06/25/09 09:30 PM
In the words of the great David Lee Roth:

"Look at all the people heeeeeere tonight!"

How is it that all the fun kids are in here all at once? We just need Myka Love.

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 06/25/09 09:28 PM

she will be missed. I saw her interview recently after her chemo and her son came to see her.

i even had the Farrah hair back in the day

I had Farrah hair in high school for a little while too.laugh

How 'bout some 80s Winx right now in her honor? devil

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 06/25/09 09:25 PM
Farrah trumps Michael every time ... WORD!

When she rolled around in body paint at 50 or so years of age, I thought I was the one who died and had gone to heaven. glasses

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 06/25/09 12:31 PM

Ole, Ole, Ole, USA, USA

Game well played, but a real gut wrencher!

Go South Africa! Beat Brazil please!!!

That red card late in the game was a crock.

Who will replace Bradley?

I wouldn't mind Eddie Pope but he's long gone. Is it too late for Alexi Lalas? drinker

That was a silly card. Bradley had a significant piece of the ball on the tackle in which he drew red. How can you be sent off for a tackle ON THE BALL in which there is clearly no motivation or intent to injure?

Today's game has been better officiated for sure.

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 06/25/09 10:53 AM
Brazil and South Africa are playing 45 minutes from now to determine who meets the US in the final - at 2:30 PM EST Thursday on ESPN (available in HD).

BTW, a salary cap in the US will never work as there isn't enough TV revenue. We (the USA) tried that in the 70s-80s with NASL. They brought in the likes of Pele, Chinaglia, Worthington, Wegerle - tons of international talent with no cap on compensation. Despite crowds in the 30,000s at times, the thing flopped miserably in the mid 80s. Those were some rather entertaining matches though - high-scoring, up-tempo games loaded with speed players. We still couldn't make it work ... ECK. :angry:

Even MLS had to retool once already since its inception around 1996.

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 02:35 PM

Hey Tina love. How are ya' darling? smooched
:tongue: I'm feeling fantasic ,how about you?flowerforyou

I'm peachy ... I'm all domesticated and well-behaved now.

I'm still allowed to hit on you though. It's in my pre-nup. laugh
shocked you're married?shocked

Lord no ... not yet ... but perhaps soon ... and for the rest of our lives. :tongue:
:tongue: Did I miss something?:tongue:

I was just rehashing an old movie quote. You didn't miss anything. She's on the site but not a forum dweller. I tried that once and it's a bad way to go. laugh The crash and burn are spectacularly wretched in that circumstance! frown

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 02:28 PM

I hope the USA does keep it up, as i'd like the sport to become properly respected over there.

That won't ever happen but it can get better at least. It'd be nice if the MLS wasn't filled with third-rate talent at least. frown

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 02:27 PM
Edited by CleanBathroom on Wed 06/24/09 02:29 PM

shocked you're married?shocked

Lord no ... not yet ... but perhaps soon ... and for the rest of our lives. :tongue:

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 02:21 PM

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 02:20 PM

The US sent notice to the world today, with the 2-nil win, but to really send a message, the US needs to go out there and do it again.

The US has a slight advantage going into the Final, since they have an extra day of rest(the other semi-final is tomorrow)

The Biggest question will be whether or not the US can keep this level of play up. I sure hope so.

I agree but Brazil is so fit and deep that I think our slight advantage is offset. The US just needs to avoid a let-down, so we can get some people pumped for the Cup next year ... also played in RSA, which may be quite useful as an advantage.

Our defense played well today. If we could get some help from the strikers and guys out wide in controlling the ball, we might be fairly hard to score upon as the defense will stay fresh.

Howard was a stud in net as well today. He needed that win for confidence for sure.

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 02:16 PM

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 02:04 PM
I think it's hot!!! flowerforyou

BTW, I think it just means they are generally hostile when they engage in the name-calling. It's often misdirected anger about a situation but it can mean they are fomenting unresolved issues with you in some cases.

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 02:01 PM
Who got married Myka?

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 01:58 PM

The #1 team in the world, toting a 35-game win streak, goes down to the "Yanks." How the heck did that happen?

Long live soccer ... and hot soccer moms.

Just a quick "fix"

35-game unbeaten streak, 15 game win streak, and Confederation Cup Scoreless Streak, all broken by the USA!

Yes .. that! drinker I mistyped ... thanks.

Also of note: The US played a man down due to Bradley's red card with about 15 minutes to go and still managed to cling to the lead. They were obviously out-classed in skill but made up for it in heart.

I just hope they don't get wiped out by Brazil in the final (assuming Brazil is there).

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 01:42 PM

No worries, I keep trying to save NT5 but it just doesn't want to stay alive frown

There's no one left I think, so I gave up. :angry: We only had like 10 people to start. laugh

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 01:41 PM
aaaaaaaaaaah .. Just what I needed ... some quality humility. :tongue:

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 01:39 PM
YW Emily dear!

I keep forgetting about the Myka pub but I just looked it up. Sorry to be lame.

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 01:38 PM
I like to hump.

"Camel me" baby! :banana: pitchfork

CleanBathroom's photo
Wed 06/24/09 01:35 PM

The #1 team in the world, toting a 35-game win streak, goes down to the "Yanks." How the heck did that happen?

Long live soccer ... and hot soccer moms.

:thumbsup:

Cute pic Emily. love happy glasses

I'm soooooo original today. drinker

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25