Community > Posts By > NotConanObrien

NotConanObrien's photo
Sat 02/16/08 04:24 PM
What would improve my profile?

NotConanObrien's photo
Sat 02/16/08 01:25 PM
I heard they were going to make a movie out of Alfred Bester's The Stars My Destination, but that's kind of hard to picture. Maybe they decided to make Jumper instead.

There's a Harlan Ellison story called "Jeffty Was Five", about this kid who, when he goes to the movies, he magically sees movies that SHOULD have been made instead of the ones that really got made in real life. One was The Stars My Destination, with Humphrey Bogart as Gully Foyle.

NotConanObrien's photo
Thu 02/14/08 10:28 PM
Led Zepplin and Black Sabbath are about the only really neccesary heavy metal bands, IMHO. CCR's good. Pretty much anything from the 60s is good, and probably almost anything from the 70s.

NotConanObrien's photo
Wed 02/13/08 02:35 PM
Me want play.

NotConanObrien's photo
Mon 02/11/08 07:51 PM
There's me. I just haven't been in the forums much yet.

NotConanObrien's photo
Mon 02/11/08 07:44 PM
Are there a lot of red haired women on this site? It seems like I see more of them here than in the general population. Is that just something to do with my search terms or something?

NotConanObrien's photo
Mon 02/11/08 07:30 PM
Elyse Sewel. Google her, and despair.

NotConanObrien's photo
Mon 02/11/08 07:09 PM
I don't think I've ever messaged anyone OUTSIDE of my area. Of course, I haven't been doing this very long. My messages might seem a little weird too, because I have no idea what to say in the first one.

I think some people set up a profile and kind of forget about it, so they don't even end up reading your message for a couple of months, if at all.

NotConanObrien's photo
Mon 02/11/08 07:04 PM
I'm out. So what's the deal with the "friends" thing, do I get people here to friend me like in MySpace, or is it just for IRL friends?

NotConanObrien's photo
Mon 02/11/08 06:51 PM
Gain some weight and stop shaving. This crap always happens to beautiful women. It's like dating someone who looks like that makes the guy all cocky or something. A couple of weeks is way too short a probationary period though. If you're calling it a relationship, then when he screws up, you've got to have a fight about it, then make up. You can't just break it off like a medieval Queen having a juggler executed when he drops a ball.

NotConanObrien's photo
Sat 02/09/08 03:31 PM
In one year, I will think that you're too prejudiced. Right now, I think that's a good age range for all the ladies to go for.

NotConanObrien's photo
Thu 01/31/08 10:02 PM
The deal with Hillary is, her voice is pretty unpleasant. Dosen't the President have to have a moderately pleasant speaking voice?

NotConanObrien's photo
Thu 01/31/08 09:59 PM
Well, since you're asking, you might be a LITTLE bit un-American if you're only outraged that the guy you voted for didn't win. As if the CIA never roughed people up in previous administrations, there were no economic cycles, and recessions could seriously be considered the result of tax cuts.

NotConanObrien's photo
Thu 01/31/08 09:49 PM
Favorite episodes: Bad Blood (vampire pizza boy), Clive Bruckman's Final Repose (Peter Boyle's a psychic), and Jose Chung's From Outer Space (Charles Nelson Riley interviews people, the old wacky Rashomon plotline).

NotConanObrien's photo
Thu 01/31/08 09:41 PM
Me too. I'm thinking of getting one of those fake girlfriends like in romantic comedies, I'm pretty sure that brings it back.

I thought I got it back awhile ago, because I went to AM PM for a corn dog, and this cute girl just started talking to me, saying I was handsome and we should date. Seriously, we talked for about 15 minutes, I gave her the address of my blog, she gave me the address of her web site, so then when I get home I check out her site and it's one of those websites that's all adds for hoooers. Man. She didn't look all scrawny like I thought hooers did.

NotConanObrien's photo
Thu 01/31/08 07:39 PM
Hugs
Not drugs

Hope
Not dope

Have some fun
Not opium

Socialize
Don't tranquilize

Love your kids
Not sedatives