Community > Posts By > lovingmom1971

lovingmom1971's photo
Mon 03/03/08 09:16 AM
I could use help with this. I have two kids, both girls, who are 12 and 9. My older one can drive me nuts and within minutes make my heart swell with pride. She can be wonderful with helping with cleaning and she can tear a room apart. She has had several diagnoses over the years, beginning with age 3 1/2. My younger one is less severe. She gets distracted easily and has a hard time finishing class work. She is in a regular public school while her older sister is in a school for children with disabilities. My grandparents pay for the tuition, thank GOD!!! Their dad, who I divorced years ago and does not make any attempt to see them or help with support, is essentially "dead" to them. Both of us have problems. I have learned to cope with mine, yet I have a horrible time when I know we will al three be together for any length of time. If the weather is ok, I can let them go outside. If not, look out. We play games, watch movies, listen to stories on tape, make crafts and etc., yet each and everyday some battle must be fought. We are all in counseling and we get help from Impact Plus. I am still at my wits ends. I want to be a good mother and am willing to do what I can, yet I still go to bed exhausted and tense. I even considered bringing in the massage team that works with kids that have disabilities. I'm afraid to add another person to their lives. I know I just unloaded, but I really needed to get some things off my chest. Any other ideas? Is there anyone close to Louisville who would like to meet up for support?

lovingmom1971's photo
Mon 03/03/08 08:53 AM
I don't know if this will help, yet here goes. Can you meet someone for lunch while your son is in school? Is there a good friend he knows and can visit while you have a couple of hours to yourself? Maybe you can trade with someone else in your boat and get some time. My kids can be by themselves in a place (where I can still see them), and I can actually talk) with someone else who is not a kid.

lovingmom1971's photo
Sun 02/17/08 03:07 PM
Thanks! It is so hard sometimes, well, most it seems! The funniest thing is, I am not sure what kind of guy I really want. I know some important factors, yet I do not have a preconceived image. I just woinder what is the one thing that attracts guys the most? I got different answers when I asked this with the people I know. What do you think?

lovingmom1971's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:53 PM
Is it better to random date, than to seek an involved relationship? I am having a hard time getting responses and I have been told by some outside people that because I have children with some special needs, guys may feel nervous about me.

I also know plenty of people who say I am very nice, enthusiastic, attractive and make people feel accepted. I know finding someone will take time and believe me, I want to move slow, yet moving would be a good thing right now.

I know I sound busy in my profile, yet I am trying to make a better life for my kids and I, a life I hope to find someone special to include in.

Advice please?

lovingmom1971's photo
Tue 02/12/08 01:34 PM
Thanks for the replies, and no, he will not ever get money from me. I guess I am seen as a softie or desperate. He's wrong on both, which is why I run checks alot! I can and will wait for the right one to come along.

lovingmom1971's photo
Tue 02/12/08 01:25 PM
I recently started emailing a guy who says he lives in Atlanta Georgia. He says he is on business in Nigeria and that it is taking him longer to get paid than he expected. he also says he is not interested in my physical size, the attraction is tehre for him. I am trying to be careful and I did a name check on him through the national white pages (online through MSN). No name match could be found no matter what I typed in, anywhere. Plus, I did a google search and someone with his exact last name (which is spelled different than most with a similar name) popped up on a different site, and the guy was from Nigeria. He keeps pushing for pictures of me even though I posted already and he seems to be beating around the bush about the money issue. He is beginning to worry me, yet I do not want to jump to conclusions. Should I go to the other site and try to feel the guy out to see if it is the same one?

lovingmom1971's photo
Mon 01/21/08 07:25 AM
Oops! Ok, I hear you. Thanks for the replies and the feedback. Any other ideas on how to show interest without desperation?

lovingmom1971's photo
Mon 01/21/08 07:17 AM
First, does IM really work for connecting to people? Second, is it better to email someone first and intro, or to take a chance without doing this and IM? Is there a better time to IM? Third, why do people just let the other person sit there, without accepting or declining?

lovingmom1971's photo
Mon 01/21/08 06:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback, and humor is definitely a plus! It feels good to know I am not alone! Now, has anyone seen where I put the winning numbers for the lottery? Anyone? No? Well, I still think you're cool!

P.S. If I ever do get the winning numbers maybe I will share!

lovingmom1971's photo
Mon 01/21/08 06:35 AM
I am new here and trying to figure out how to maximize my efforts. I am looking for a s/d/w while male, who does not smoke, and can handle dating someone with kids. These kids have special needs and almost everything I do is for them. Some of what I do is for me because I know I need to be healthy to be whole.

Yeah, I am still working on this! I really like being in the middle of nature, watching old movies, British comedies, History Detectives, and for movies I also like comedies and romances. One of my favorite things to do is see a Shakespeare play in the park during the summer. I cook up a whole meal, and yes it is good. Although my chicken is still coming along!

Other than this, I am an open minded person who believes in looking for the best in others, and overlooking a few flaws. Trying to find the same is hard! Also, trying to find someone who will actually respond back is even harder! One guy did, and then it looked like he was too far away!

What else can I do besides stay positive, check messages everyday, and the usual? Oh, and is there a rule about IM? Do I have to be a member for a certain number of days? I cannot get it to work!