when you don't get upset cuz i fed them chocolate cake for breakfast

Then serve me chocolate cake for breakfast:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Shelley's photo
Tue 06/09/20 05:21 PM
The past is in your head, but your future is in your hands! drinker

And where is the present?

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 08:20 PM
Try give an original message when texting someone. Honestly, if a guy can't find more than one word to open a conversation or tries to nudge me, I move on quickly. It's not what I'm looking for.

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 09:27 AM
I'm sorry, I just can't think of a worldwide pandemic as a beautiful thing.
No more than thinking a war (any war) is a beautiful thing.

Focusing on my own individuality doesn't weaken the love I feel for others, it makes it stronger.
I need no pandemic to make me appreciate those I love. I always rushed home from work to be near my family. Spending time around those I love is what makes my life complete.

Sadly, many people have their priorities in life all mixed up.
Many live in a world surrounded by superficial love displays.
Trying to live a lie is difficult no matter the circumstances.
In those situations, social restrictions which force people together can cause delusions of love to crumble.
Eventually reality always wins.

There are those of us who live alone with our loved ones living elsewhere, having families of their own.
The social restrictions actually reduce the time we get to spend with those we love.
We make due with facetime or a phone call.
For some of us this...event, hurts and is anything but beautiful.

There's pros and cons to both situations. I'm fortunate that my kids are my true family and they are with me. It hurts knowing that there's people suffering but this isn't anything new. Suffering is part of being human. I chose to live in a bubble I created as time flies by. I'm carving out time for precious memories and making the most of a difficult situation. Trust me, it's not all roses, there are thorns. But it's what you make of it.

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 07:36 AM
Where were you then?
It's a selfish, self seeking, self important question,
But it crosses his mind
Time after time,
Like a chorus repeating
Line after line.

Choirs watched while he was drowning,
Fighting and gaping for air
his hand reached out for help,
But they swiped it away saying,
"It's an ocean of his own making."

Words echoed in his head as waves broke,
As bubbles of his last breath were escaping.
His lungs burned,
Filling with water
As he sank below the blue
To murky dark depths below.

It was there he found a treasure
Anchored alone in a water grave.
It was there the whole time
Waiting to be found.

When westerly winds died down
And high tide slowly turned,
He returned from the sea
Dragging a heavy chain.

Where were you then?
He feel to his knees exhausted,
Yet still tugging the rusted links.
A curious crowd gathered to watch,
Sea gulls cawed in anticipation,
Strangers stepped forward helping pull the load,
But where were you then?

After an eternity it emerged
Exposing a forgotten treasure to the world.
Finally, you stepped out of the crowd
With open arms out to embrace,
But he didn't recognize you.
It's funny what drowning does to memories,
"I don't know you." He said.

Thanks for the comments and thoughts

Genius!

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 07:33 AM

they always leave me
they think i have money. when i dont give, they leave.

Have you tried keeping them tethered
in the basement?

I've just discovered neon gaffer tape, it'll definitely help.

And no doubt so much nicer than the plain stuff :laughing:.
sure it'll glow in the dark if you decide on the basement

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 06:42 AM

they always leave me
they think i have money. when i dont give, they leave.

Have you tried keeping them tethered
in the basement?

I've just discovered neon gaffer tape, it'll definitely help.

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 06:41 AM
I'm fortunate to be a teacher. My kids love being in my classroom, around the dining room table, books scattered everywhere, going for adventures. So I'll keep them home as long as possible. A few friends have asked if their kids can join my makeshift classroom. I love the beautiful chaos of learning.

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 06:37 AM
What happened to my clothes the last time I got arrested for streaking naked at the Glasgow table tennis championships and jumping the table two years ago? :thinking::thinking:Had to wear a jumpsuit made out of cling film, when I got out on bail! Grrrr! :thumbsup::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::joy::joy:

Is streaking a sport... Isn't it normal to be naked when streaking?

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 06:36 AM

Do light sabres count as a fencing sport?

I'unno -I tend to think of a sport as something you can play again.
depends if its touch and go rules...

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 06:34 AM
I roadtripped with a friend from Joburg to Cape Town, she was relocating. The scenery was beautiful but we couldn't really leave our car to go hiking in the mountains or explore the areas we drove thro.

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 06:31 AM
It's not on my bucket list.

Plenty beautiful places that are much safer to visit!

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 06:29 AM

A man with a mask on walks into a bank and goes to the desk. He pulls out a gun and points it at the lady at the desk. He then says,"Open the vault skank?" The woman says, "Sir, this is a sperm bank. We dont have any money here". The man says, "Open the vault right now, or i'm going to blow your f*****g head off!" She opens the vault and turns back to the man and he said, "Take out one of those jars?" The woman said,"please sir, i promise you we dont have any money here. This is a sperm bank." The man said, "Take out one of those jars right now, or i'll blow your head off". The women turns, grabs the jar and looks back to the man and he said, "Take the lid off and swallow it." She looks at him in disgust and pleads to him saying, "Sir, this is sperm. Please, i'm not drinking sperm. We dont have any money here. Please leave?" The man says, "Take the lid off and drink it, or i'll blow your head off!" So the womans takes off the lid and kicks it back real quick and swallows it, with little to no problem then turns to look back at the man. To her amazment he took off the mask and it was her husband. He looked at her and said, "See! It's not that f*****g dificult is it?"

He should have made her wear latex first.
Aye, your kinky side is shining through Shelley, eh? laugh laugh laugh drinker

Takes one to know one:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 06:26 AM

Hard to get!

Have you looked under the fridge?
only dust bunnies there, no playboy bunnies, sadly

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 03:19 AM
Hard to get!

You can't get love, it's rather reciprocated

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 03:17 AM
A man with a mask on walks into a bank and goes to the desk. He pulls out a gun and points it at the lady at the desk. He then says,"Open the vault skank?" The woman says, "Sir, this is a sperm bank. We dont have any money here". The man says, "Open the vault right now, or i'm going to blow your f*****g head off!" She opens the vault and turns back to the man and he said, "Take out one of those jars?" The woman said,"please sir, i promise you we dont have any money here. This is a sperm bank." The man said, "Take out one of those jars right now, or i'll blow your head off". The women turns, grabs the jar and looks back to the man and he said, "Take the lid off and swallow it." She looks at him in disgust and pleads to him saying, "Sir, this is sperm. Please, i'm not drinking sperm. We dont have any money here. Please leave?" The man says, "Take the lid off and drink it, or i'll blow your head off!" So the womans takes off the lid and kicks it back real quick and swallows it, with little to no problem then turns to look back at the man. To her amazment he took off the mask and it was her husband. He looked at her and said, "See! It's not that f*****g dificult is it?"

He should have made her wear latex first.

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/08/20 03:16 AM
Why you're hiding your face...

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/07/20 07:34 PM
There's a lid for every pot.

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/07/20 11:26 AM
I'm originally from Zimbabwe. Would love to go back but :cry:

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/07/20 11:23 AM
Loving this post!