Community > Posts By > Shelley

Shelley's photo
Thu 07/09/20 08:23 AM
Home is where the heart is. It's not based on brick and mortar but something more eternal.

Shelley's photo
Mon 07/06/20 04:49 AM
Because they are no longer useful:no_good:

Shelley's photo
Sat 07/04/20 09:59 AM
'Dear' is just a term that guys address women, with nothing intended. I couldn't understand why British guys kept calling me 'girl' when clearly I'm a grown women... Last time I checked:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:️ it depends on where they're from, it's like respect.

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/29/20 10:06 AM
I prefer to see myself as a magical :unicorn: :innocent:

Shelley's photo
Sat 06/27/20 08:20 AM
Excellent imagery!

Shelley's photo
Sat 06/27/20 08:18 AM
That's a great question! It depends on what type of person you are wanting to attract. For example, I'm more of an intellectual, so when I see that someone can actually punctuate a sentence and spell correctly, it gets my attention.

Shelley's photo
Thu 06/25/20 10:01 PM
How can you reach your destiny while asleep... Beautiful start!

Shelley's photo
Thu 06/25/20 10:57 AM
Gin and tonic on the beach, who needs food

Shelley's photo
Thu 06/25/20 10:56 AM
Interesting to note that no matter how many likes you have, your popularity remains low:joy:

Shelley's photo
Wed 06/24/20 03:07 AM
Looking good, like the humour, then I reached 'get up' and 'sucks'... At least you're putting it out there what you looking for:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Shelley's photo
Tue 06/23/20 09:15 PM
You make some interesting points and is generalised. However, I think that women do have the choice to become pawns of society or to do what is best for their family. You can either build up your home or tear it down.

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/22/20 11:24 AM
Love at first Sight...

Love is something that is felt within.
You don't 'catch' it, 'find' it, 'give' it or 'take' it.
Love is an emotion-based feeling or sensation that is felt inside.

There are people who are sensitive to feeling love.
They are very aware of their feelings of love.
Their sensations are sensory based.
People who fall in love at first sight with a person also tend to love other things at first sight as well.

There are also people who are 'in love with' the idea of being in love.
They tend to seek out people and things where they feel the sensations of love within.
They tend to 'run with' the feeling and ignore reason based on experiences they have learned.

My gf told me in the first few days that she loves me.
She constantly tells me she loves me.
She is 'wired' to love easily.
I on the other hand, feel love for her sometimes but not so overwhelming as she expresses to me.
I accept she loves me.
She accepts that I am reserved about sharing that emotional state.
She tells me, I show her.

In my experience, claiming love tends to ruin a relationship, eventually.
I tend to not give undue power to any of my emotions.
Having control over my own emotional states allows me to make more rational decisions in life.
Since love is an emotional state, it is included.

I have a preference to a body type, yes.
More importantly I have a preference to personality type and emotional maturity.
The appearance may open an idea that I 'could' love her but I can't know if I actually love her till I learn the type of person she actually is.
I've been wrong too many times to ignore it.

Yes, there are people who do not have emotional maturity.
They 'run' with their initial feelings and build fantasies to support them.
Sometimes, it works for them.

Then there are people who have some control over their emotional states.
They tread slowly until they have enough information to make a rational decision.
Sometimes, it works for them.

Plus, there are shades of grey between because people can't be classified into little boxes.
Life is much too diverse.

Its also important to realize "Love At First Sight" means love at first sight.
Love at first sight does not mean I am attracted to how you look and after meeting you and learning something about you we have many things in common.
First Sight means "First Sight". Love based on appearance only.
You can love many things at first sight, a picture of a puppy or a kitty or a person, etc...
Its not the same as how people infer the term "Love At First Sight".
What is inferred is better defined by the term "Love At First Meet" or "Love At First Sharing Of Personality", certainly not love at first Sight.

You're amazing! I really enjoy your insight and knowledge, with sound examples. I might not agree to everything but it makes me think. Thanks:two_hearts:

Shelley's photo
Mon 06/22/20 11:17 AM
Looks like a great profile, wishing you the best.
Know your worth and don't settle for less.

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/21/20 12:26 AM
:joy::joy:️ it's what he puts out there...
Not necessarily what I'm into.

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/21/20 12:20 AM
I've got a son that's 28 years old and one that's 5 years old. My youngest ones mum died last year. I've also got a grandson, who is 6. Brought my oldest one up myself for years, but that was different circumstances, as his mum is still alive and I won custody of him through the Courts. My youngest one is only now starting to realise that his mother isn't coming back. Breaks my heart when he used to ask me where she was, as she's loved and missed by both of us. A diamond of a lassie. Slowly, but surely he realises now, that she's never coming back, but I know the wee man is hurting inside, even though he tries to put a brave face on it. A brilliant gift, from an amazing woman. I' m just glad that I was lucky enough to have had her in my life, even for the time we had together, it was the happiest of my life!

You are really lucky to have those happy memories! Why not create a book about the time you had with your wife, include photos, how you met and all the special memories. Then your boy can read it whenever he misses his mom.

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/21/20 12:17 AM
Mmmm Well as I agree with parents needing to be involved in their child's education.
I often wonder when they have he time to do so, as both parents working full time to pay bills that seem to never stop. Seems now days it takes 3 incomes to manage a house hold. Rents, mortgages way out there. I never imagined a house payment of 2k or more a month. But me being poor well,, mmm,,, I can't even fathom being able to do a $600 a month payment. So as they should be involved I don't see where they have time.
Back in the day Dad worked Mom stayed home, Not really possible now days. ??

My own opinion only.

Then don't have children if your focus is on your work and you're to busy.

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/21/20 12:12 AM
Yup, WordPress is a great and easy to use platform. It also offers a supportive community where you might be able to get the stories you're looking for.

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/21/20 12:10 AM
Peaceful and melodic.

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/21/20 12:08 AM
I'll admit it.
I've cheated.

Why did i cheat?

Because, I_will_not_lose_at_Scrabble. rant

You play Scrabble! Set up a board and let's play:fire:

Shelley's photo
Sun 06/21/20 12:05 AM
I've never cheated, but have been cheated on. So, why do women cheat?

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could cheat with you as a partner. They probably weren't meant for you.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7