Community > Posts By > Hurricat

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 02:58 PM
Edited by Hurricat on Fri 06/08/12 02:59 PM
Well, if truth be told, I'm jealous of being single, more so as I never envisioned my life this way, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone, and it is that that makes life all life the little more frustrating for us all.. but such is life..

All I can hope for, is that I meet my beloved and that they meet me and then life, as we know it, is complete... :banana:

Thankfully, I'm an optimist!! smile2

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 12:34 AM

Never share your BEER on the first DATE!! rofl shades

Quite right, there are far better things to share instead!! pitchfork biggrin

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 12:28 AM

:banana: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: flowers drinks

And it all kicks off tonight!! bigsmile
RIGHT... I should start a THREAD about the biggest LIE you ever told! Well I can think of
how many people have lied to me & I fell for it! slaphead

You are not alone there.. sad2 frustrated

Question - Are your pants on fire then?? surprised winking

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 12:10 AM
:banana: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: flowers drinks

And it all kicks off tonight!! bigsmile

no photo
Wed 06/06/12 02:25 PM
Lovely words and you can tell straight away that she will be dearly missed.. flowerforyou

I'd suggest only a slight change, but only if you like it.. in the fourth verse:

We knew you were special right from the start
As your expressions could melt a heart

flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 06/06/12 02:09 PM
Edited by Hurricat on Wed 06/06/12 02:09 PM
Clive Cussler - Trojan Odyssey.. read it a while ago, but its a good read, though I'm slightly biased as I like his stuff, preferably his original Dirk Pitt novels though, I've never taken to the one's with two authors invovled and found it to be the same with Tom Clancy's work..

no photo
Wed 06/06/12 12:35 PM
Great to hear and keep thinking of some questions for them and of possible scenarios they may place you in, like the wrong parts arriving and you have an irrate customer facing, etc.. Good Luck.. :thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 06/06/12 12:08 PM
Enjoy the memories, but think of the new one that will replace her.. and there is one on ebay as well.. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Kawasaki-Vulcan-EN500c-LTD-Running-parts-bike-/150825845049?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2006%7CModel%3AVulcan%7CMake%3AKawasaki%7CSubmodel%3A750&hash=item231debc139&vxp=mtr

no photo
Wed 06/06/12 11:24 AM

Looks like I've got some major changes ahead of me again with a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia to add to my Lupus. ohwell

Sorry to read this Ruth, but keep your spirits up, which you seem to be doing and here is a link to more info from the NHS in the UK, and there are comments at the bottom from people who have the same condition, but obviosuly consult your gp as well winking

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspx

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 02:34 PM

To stop collision's... just because they are alien's it does not make them any less foolish than us in the ability to reverse into bollards!! frustrated smile2

If they worry about collisions they shouldn't be using their cloaking devices.

You are soo right, and there has been many atime I wish I had my own cloaking device devil as first seen in Clash of the Titans and not Harry P.. smile2

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 02:30 PM
Cute.. Thanks for sharing.. smile2

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 01:31 PM

5 years, and all I get is a rock :(

Gibralta is hell of a rock though!! shocked biggrin

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 01:23 PM
Nice.. smile2

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 12:04 PM
Springwatch from the BBC and if you like wildlife, the link below shows part 1 of the first episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4jVqicLUDM&feature=channel&list=UL

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 08:56 AM
SeekforBride, the majority of youngster's live with their parents due to the economies of scale.

It takes them far longer to save enough for a deposit for a mortgage, even if its only 10%, and many have student fees still to consider.

In all aspects of life there are those who look to improve their lot and those that don't.. its just that bit harder these days, but many want to do so, and you cannot believe that today's woman all are gold diggers, for its just not true.

Opportunities are not as good as they once were for them, but they will improve again and as long as they apply themselves and keep busy, even if its volunteering, it will be something positive to add to both their character and their c.v. oops a bit offtopic slaphead

In terms of relationships, as long as the two are happy and it is what they want, then that's all that matters.. smile2

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 06:31 AM
Really good relaxing track Kahurangi.. :thumbsup:

One of the threads reminded me of this Paul Simon one.. scared biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTiyLuZOs1A

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 04:42 AM
To stop collision's... just because they are alien's it does not make them any less foolish than us in the ability to reverse into bollards!! frustrated smile2

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 02:35 AM
Depends if they are a sassenach or not!! :laughing:

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 02:26 AM
Sorry you are having such a hard time at present Seakolony, but try to remain positive and I'd advise writing letters to both your daughter and your son.

Write about the past, what you were feeling, why those decisions were made, and that of course, you love them both, and will continue to do so, for that is something that cannot be taken away..

Obviously show you want to be part of your new granddaughter's future, and it is great news for all, but that you want to help your daughter and son as well.

Maybe look to build up your relationship again by meeting for coffee, though try to refrain from giving advice unless its asked for, as it me be interpreted as criticism instead.

Congratulations on the good news again and be positive that you'll get to meet her in the near future.. smile2

P.S. Wolfchic, your pets inform me that they agree with your initial assessment lol.. :laughing:

no photo
Mon 06/04/12 12:05 PM
Edited by Hurricat on Mon 06/04/12 12:14 PM
Photography is art, the problem with digital is that many, (inlcuding myself), due to its convenience, never slow down and think the shot through..

With film you always had to consider the light, film type, speed and of course the lens and what it is you are trying to acheive..

I'm hopeing to use program less on the camera, manual more. Any post editing I prefer to keep to a minimum, and hopefully one day I'll get a large plate camera and do more b+w material..

Here's a shot by one of my favourite photographers, Ansel Adams..