Community > Posts By > Hurricat

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 10:08 AM
It's fine to be sad from time to time.. though never dwell on it too long.. as the sun will always shine again in our lives.. :banana:

Belated Birthday Wishes, and here's the cake.. with an extra to go round everyone.. :thumbsup:

And 'Brand New Day' from Eurythmics.. (though the video is not the best)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxu6wJe2ACY

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 09:26 AM
Speedy recovery to you :thumbsup: (though make full use of the male nurses attending to your every need!! biggrin )..

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 11:58 PM
I'd say its a mixture, as it depends on what we are thinking off and what we are doing at the time.. ie.. we may feel down in the dumps but the smile from a child lifts our spirits.. though I agree that if we are more content with our lives then the more happier we are likely to be.. and see the cup is half full and not half empty.. smile2 (ps good luck in the next interview winking )

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 11:48 PM
Good for you and I very much doubt you are alone in this :thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 02:57 PM
Then an internet cafe is probably your best bet and upload from a memeory stick/card.. :thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 02:00 PM

Well..Yea...so it seems some people.are very judgemental..and do not seem to want to be my friend anymore...Im OK with that.I would rather find out now..than later..I would rather have a FEW Real friends ..then a bunch of Fake ones.

I admit I am a rare breed..I like that.

One side of me feels kind of hurt...and well the other side ..is kinda thinking,I dont give give two sh!tz or a Fok.

:heart: flowerforyou flowers

Fek always sound better to me... And an oldie for you.. biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 12:59 PM

BBC because it is the BBC.. though it's not perfect, but I like the fact that it is not a business or run by the g'vmnt.. we pay a tv licence fee that pays for everything.. at times I do begrudge this fee, but the quality of the programme's and having virtually no adverts is worth it.. smile2

Isn't the BBC at war with the Murdock holding BskyB? If so, I like them laugh , but how reliable is their input?

I like PBS, but use the internet for comparison opinions before making a decision on any filtered news!

Of course I haven't turned on a TV in about 8 months so.....

Hi Sojourning Soul,

Not so much the BBC but their is a public enquiry into them as well as police investigations going into the printed press and the Murdock's, you can find out more on the following site and even watch the interviews from those have dealt with them, from celebs to PM's and so on.. its affecting a lot of people and not sure how it will affect investigative journalism, for there is a 'just' need for that.. http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 12:53 PM
Bloody hell, well if there is a difficult way, it seems you have have a habit of finding it!! laugh Glad you are home and as we say here, Lucky White Heather!! :thumbsup:

Also, if the pain still seems strong after a while, it may still be worth getting an x-ray, as you never know what is going on inside winking and I agree 100% on getting head-gear!!.. smile2

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 12:34 PM
Edited by Hurricat on Wed 06/13/12 12:35 PM
I think the study really needs to be bigger given the size of the USA.. though the press here is getting closely scrutinised, in particular the Murdoch corporation, in the Leveson enquiry, which came about from phone-hacking, (particularly sad is it came to light papers were hacking into an abducted and murdered child's phone, and this gave the parents hope they were still alive mad ).. It reaches all the way to the PM. The link to its website is below..

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 12:17 PM

Super Excited!:banana: :banana:

Gwen just told me I made the cover of the Rolling Stone!laugh

love ((((( GWEN ROCKS ))))) love

Fantastic!!! :banana: But, April 21st 2006!! spock winking

And it's been a good day.. :thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 12:00 PM
BBC because it is the BBC.. though it's not perfect, but I like the fact that it is not a business or run by the g'vmnt.. we pay a tv licence fee that pays for everything.. at times I do begrudge this fee, but the quality of the programme's and having virtually no adverts is worth it.. smile2

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 11:51 AM
:laughing: It is funny, though good to see he is okay and U hope the spider is fine, (currently got one in my bathroom scared but no glass door lol)... Also reminds me of this great poem..

Bruce and the Spider
For Scotland's and for freedom's right,
The Bruce his part has played;
In five successive fields of fight,
Been conquered and dismayed:
Once more against the English host,
His band he led, and once more lost
The meed for which he fought;
And now from battle, faint and worn,
The homeless fugitive, forlorn,
A hut's lone shelter sought.
And cheerless was that resting-place,
For him who claimed a throne;
His canopy, devoid of grace,
The rude, rough beams alone;
The heather couch his only bed -
Yet well I ween had slumber fled,
From couch of eider down!
Through darksome night till dawn of day,
Absorbed in wakeful thought he lay,
Of Scotland and her crown.

The sun rose brightly, and its gleam
Fell on that hapless bed,
And tinged with light each shapeless beam,
Which roofed the lowly shed;
When, looking up with wistful eye,
The Bruce beheld a spider try
His filmy thread to fling
From beam to beam of that rude cot -
And well the insect's toilsome lot,
Taught Scotland's future king.

Six times the gossamery thread
The wary spider threw;
In vain the filmy line was sped,
For powerless or untrue,
Each aim appeared, and back recoiled,
The patient insect, six times foiled,
And yet unconquered still;
And soon the Bruce, with eager eye,
Saw him prepare once more to try
His courage, strength, and skill.

One effort more, his seventh and last!
The hero hailed the sign!
And on the wished-for beam hung fast
That slender silken line!
Slight as it was, his spirit caught
The more than omen; for his thought
The lesson well could trace,
Which even "he who runs may read,"
That Perseverance gains its meed,
And Patience wins the race.

And this is a wee bit about the author..
Bernard Barton (1784 - 1849) was born of Quaker parentage and passed nearly all his life at Woodbridge, for the most part as a clerk in a bank. Although he has no known genealogical connection with Scotland, one of the poems he wrote concerned the story of Robert the Bruce and the motivation provided by a spider, to continue with his fight against the English who were occupying Scotland. As all Scottish schoolchildren used to know: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again."

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 10:02 AM
Edited by Hurricat on Wed 06/13/12 10:03 AM
Denmark - Portugal game, (currently 1-2 for Portugal).. but secretly waiting on the new Irn-Bru advert!! laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibuLgsVcQUY

no photo
Mon 06/11/12 02:11 PM
I've done this in the past, but forget what the solution was slaphead

However, if you go to properties, internet options, then click on the advanced tab, you can click on either restore advanced settings or restore everything, (not sure of you lose your favourites though).. and you could see if you get other replies before trying this.. smile2

no photo
Mon 06/11/12 10:56 AM
Moving words and glad they help you..

Here's a link to Annie Lennox's song 'Oh God', which has a similar feel to it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_QIsUYgTwQ

no photo
Mon 06/11/12 12:19 AM
It's just been reported that David Cameron and his wife left their 8yr old daughter in a pub for 15mins a few months ago..
What is more worrying is that security missed it as well!! shocked
Good thing, is that she was safe and well.. smile2

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157441/Dave-Sam-left-pub-drove-Chequers---leaving-daughter-Nancy-8-15-minutes.html

no photo
Mon 06/11/12 12:06 AM
I've no real experience of dogs, but maybe introduce yourself to your new neighbour as it may just be the dog has to get to know you better, though it does sound pretty territorial..

Other alternative is to get yourself a larger dog!! bigsmile

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 11:58 PM

While this is no doubt lovely to both read and see, for some the pain goes too deep for bridges to be repaired.. shades

I understand that! But it is still very sad.sad2

It is, though this is not me directly, just a family member, and I can understand their reasoning.. Life goes on though, but in a positive fashion.. :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 10:57 PM
While this is no doubt lovely to both read and see, for some the pain goes too deep for bridges to be repaired.. shades

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 10:11 PM
Hi Optomistic, I find the second image more interesting, especially with the tower and the two entrances amnd also the building on the left between two palms..

The other I only find the central building interesting due to its viewing area at the top. Thanks for sharing them :thumbsup: