Community > Posts By > Hurricat

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 01:09 PM
Edited by Hurricat on Sun 06/10/12 01:17 PM
Too wee for me and can see her moving out in a year or two.. just not nough space for two.. :smile: Oops, turns out she's been there 3yrs!! Well I lasted 7mths in a room in London, so anything is possible!! biggrin

I agree I need to remove items, and I'm working on that, and can see about carbon footprint, which is why I don't mind older properties, (you normally get larger rooms as well compared to new builds), though there is a great series in the UK, Grand Designs, and below is a lonk to one of the episodes where there they done a fantastic job..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lifCNwx3NS8

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 12:48 PM
I'm not trying to dictate anything, I just believe that had you posted pictures without the political details you may have received more comments. I'm just using my common sense, well I think I am, lol..

Some interesting buildings in your last photo, and in Glasgow today they pulled down some high storey flats from the 60's (see link below).. not many of them left as there once was.. :banana:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157276/Going-going--gone-Crowds-watch-iconic-tower--Europes-tallest-block-flats--demolished.html

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 12:29 PM

Then why provide the text below the images?? This is under Arts & Crafts, not history or politics!!

This is where they should have been placed, history.. as you make no referal to art, just saying and enjoy your sunday evening.. smile2

If you are referring to the statistics directly below the photographs, that is none of my doing.

True, but you could have posted ones without the statements that are political, like the one below of Sinai, Palestine, The Nile..

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 12:11 PM
oops Saying that, I now see that there is no real history section, so maybe there should be one?? :smile:

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 12:06 PM
Then why provide the text below the images?? This is under Arts & Crafts, not history or politics!!

This is where they should have been placed, history.. as you make no referal to art, just saying and enjoy your sunday evening.. smile2

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 11:36 AM
I'm pretty new here, but think it would have been nicer if you had just left the images themselves and not turn it into a political debate..

Some lovely architecture there and hope not all have been lost to war, though if so, then they won't have been the first and nor will they be the last.. sad2 smile2

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 09:38 AM
You have a grand Sunday as well Sunshine and here's hoping your knight in shining armour is less than a phone call away!! winking

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 09:36 AM
If its Moon Base Alpha from Space:1999 then it was probably built by a chap called Mat Irvine.. biggrin (yes, another useless fact of the day).. smile2

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 09:01 AM

Did he state he was local??

It certainly raises doubts, but there could still be a plausible explanation.. another option is to suggest skype in the meantime..

P.S. Many thanks for your kind words, though the weather here can be pretty miserable.. with the odd day of sunshine thrown in.. but seems to add to the atmosphere for the tourists.. grumble lol.. smile2

Hi Hurricat, "Top o' the mornin' to ya'"...LOL I know that was probably an Irish thing,,,,oh, well.

No the guy is about 900 miles north of me, I thought it would be nice to chat via phone on Sunday, (today). Not a big deal, I am not really a "phone" type person in the beginning, but when I get one of my friends on the line, look out if I had my Nespresso!

Do you have Skype? I have the google VoIP but no cam on it. Is it the same or do I have to buy something?

Yep, that's definately Irish, but no worries as we share everything with them, or better described as stolen!! lol.. It's tea-time here as well..

Well as distince is invovled then maybe they are thinking of costs, but still, if its you wishing to make the call then it does raise questions, such as are they single?? just a thought, but seems an obvious one to consider..

I think skype is similar to your google one, and using the webcam makes a big difference as well being able to talk and webchat with each other.. I find most scammers look to use yahoo and rarely here of them wanting to use skype..

Enjoy your Sunday.. smile2

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 08:33 AM
Did he state he was local??

It certainly raises doubts, but there could still be a plausible explination.. another option is to suggest skype in the meantime..

P.S. Many thanks for your kind words, though the weather here can be pretty miserable.. with the odd day of sunshine thrown in.. but seems to add to the atmosphere for the tourists.. grumble lol.. smile2

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 06:01 AM
Thought I recognised you S1.. lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCZ-6y2UEfM

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 05:55 AM

huh?

Sorry KC, but that's the King.. winking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggh9xnLAl6k

Whereas this is Whitney.. :banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3giaIzONA smile2

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 05:39 AM
I'm pretty honest, though it sometimes works against me I think, but its the way I was raised.. smile2

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 11:29 PM
Beautiful words by Streisand, (and reminds me of the film Beaches), but here are some great lyrics from Annie & Dave...

Miracle of Love

How many sorrows do you try to hide?
In a world of illusion, its covering your mind
I’ll show you something good
Oh, I’ll show you something good
When you open your mind
You’ll discover the sign that there’s something your longing to find

The miracle of love
Will take away your pain.
When the miracle of love
Comes your way again

Cruel is the night that covers up your fears
Tender is the one that wipes away your tears
There must be a bitter breeze that makes you sting so viciously
They say the greatest coward
Can hurt the most ferociously

I’ll show you something good
Oh, I’ll show you something good
If you open your heart
You can make a new start
When your crumbling world falls apart

When the miracle of love
Will take away your pain
When the miracle of love
Comes your way again
smile2

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 12:44 PM
Status Quo...

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 03:51 AM
New Order shades

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 12:00 AM
Eurythmics.. NO FEAR NO HATE NO PAIN NO BROKEN HEARTS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6wnIbdObaE

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 03:39 PM
slaphead

Sorry you are having such a hard time at present Seakolony, but try to remain positive and I'd advise writing letters to both your daughter and your son.

Write about the past, what you were feeling, why those decisions were made, and that of course, you love them both, and will continue to do so, for that is something that cannot be taken away..

Obviously show you want to be part of your new granddaughter's future, and it is great news for all, but that you want to help your daughter and son as well.

Maybe look to build up your relationship again by meeting for coffee, though try to refrain from giving advice unless its asked for, as it me be interpreted as criticism instead.

Congratulations on the good news again and be positive that you'll get to meet her in the near future..

P.S. Wolfchic, your pets inform me that they agree with your initial assessment lol.. :laughing:

PS I stopped giving her advice at 16 when she knew everything.........

Just because one does not adhere to sound advice it does not mean one does not learn fromn it.. many a time I should have listened to the words sent my way, but life is a continual learning curve, and yes, I'm all the better for it now, though my education in life is never-ending... slaphead mind you, nor are my errors lol.. smile2

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 03:23 PM
There are two that come to mind,

1. The Goonies, as it was one of the few times I saw ny dad and we had a fantastic day together...

2. Alien - Hiding with my school mates behind a couch.. we had it on pirate video back in early 80's... shades

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 03:13 PM
Not sober, but all is good in the world.. or is that another false economy, lol... drinks biggrin