Community > Posts By > LitBugi

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/27/08 02:26 PM
Funny thing, I bet if we lived in the areas where people are messaging us from, no one from that area would message us. Maybe its fun to dream and so people choose someone from afar to admire because its more likely to stay a dream than reality and in a dream you are not rejected.

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/27/08 02:20 PM
Only people that check me out are people from the midwest or south, which are fine areas, but I live in the northeast. Where are the northeast people at?

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/27/08 02:16 PM
welcome!

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/27/08 01:58 PM
Thnx Joe!

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/27/08 01:52 PM
Good luck, it sounds like you writing the letter was a good activity because it helped you to see what you want and dont want. Now the door is open for you to find something that is really worthwhile, someone you can pursue and someone who can pursue you equally. Best of luck!

LitBugi's photo
Mon 01/21/08 03:57 PM
Check out these internet warning labels, they are hilarious and true!

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2007/03/23/internet-warning-labels/

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 08:06 PM
Welcome back!

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 07:35 PM

"Then you can still be with someone for years and still not really know that person. Is there ever a guarentee with love? I think not!!"

Well said: been there....got the t-shirt.
I think a few of us been there. I heard this the other night from a friend. The question is. have you learnd anything about it...

Yes I can say I have learned....maybe not for the best...much more caution used getting close to someone now. Some call them walls build around the heart.....hard to get inside them.

Some call them walls build around the heart.....hard to get inside them. I seem to be running in to a lot of women like that. This resent one I was datting and trying to build a friendship with was not honest with herself and I asked her a question, well told her more like. I said, does it bother you that I new what I wanted and where I stood in my life as far as what I was looking for and who I am. She said yes because she always has had a preoblem being honest with herself. That aloe will lead you in all kinds of wrong directions and making wrong choices.

Very true, you have to know yourself and know what you want in order to be open to and find the right person for you. They in turn have to know themselves and what they want, but knowing what you want is half the battle. Most people don't take the time to fully think about what it is exactly they want, and also a lot of people settle for less, which is also trouble.

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 07:20 PM

I didn't see any of this and know nothing of it, but I am concerned about people under 21 who go into cyberspace and how adults treat them. There was the situation where a mom mistreated a young girl on myspace.com by pretending to be a man, and then pretended to break it off with the girl, and the girl committed suicide. Now, of course she never met the supposed man and they had only chatted through myspace, but it shows you how young people can be very sensitive to cyberworld and the way they are treated. We really ought to be careful. flowerforyou

People who commit suicide have a lot going on mentally, it normally isn't one thing that causes them to kill themselves. It was wrong what that woman did, but one cant directly say that the girl's suicide was caused by the man's/woman's rejection.

True, but you take your victim as they are. And, you don't know what state of mind people are in when they go on websites, and so why engage in conversation with children that is negative when you are fully grown?

To be one of the contributing factors in adversely affecting a child's state of mind would certainly make me feel ashamed of myself and would cause me to take a deep look inward. I carry a heavy burden for the way we engage children and I would never want to contribute to causing them to feel like they are less than. And, in the online community, the fear is greater because we have a lot of confused children (and I mean less than 21) out there, and I just think we ought to engage them with concern and due care and not communicate with them in a negative manner. What good does it serve? I agree with Chevy that under 21 should not be allowed on these sites. But, it is what it is. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Technically 18 is considered legally an adult, and while their maturity level may not yet be there, they are still allowed and should be allowed to experience adult things. How else are they to become an adult? Also the internet is a place of free speech and you should be able to talk to people however you want, now I don't condone disrespectfulness but on the internet it is not up to you to examine someone's mental state. I agree with you however in that we should positively engage with the people on the site who are confused and looking for attention no matter what the age. Online communities serve as a resource and a human outreach for us all, we should embrace it and be kind to others.

While 18 may be a legal age, it is not a legal age for alcohol consumption because of the judgment most under 21s exercise. And, many websites allow 10 and 11 or young on them. Regardless of age, we should be considerate of the way we engage children. Under 21 is still a child (doesn't apply to everyone but most, as is my experience with young adults); I don't care what the law says... but that's just my opinion. Sure, allow them to experience adult things, but a far more mature audience should be sensitive to the younger audience--this is my point.

I agree with your point lol, we just had two different ways of getting there.

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 07:18 PM
No one ever says anything to me either, so its not just you. Nor do they respond when I say something lol.

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 07:12 PM

I didn't see any of this and know nothing of it, but I am concerned about people under 21 who go into cyberspace and how adults treat them. There was the situation where a mom mistreated a young girl on myspace.com by pretending to be a man, and then pretended to break it off with the girl, and the girl committed suicide. Now, of course she never met the supposed man and they had only chatted through myspace, but it shows you how young people can be very sensitive to cyberworld and the way they are treated. We really ought to be careful. flowerforyou

People who commit suicide have a lot going on mentally, it normally isn't one thing that causes them to kill themselves. It was wrong what that woman did, but one cant directly say that the girl's suicide was caused by the man's/woman's rejection.

True, but you take your victim as they are. And, you don't know what state of mind people are in when they go on websites, and so why engage in conversation with children that is negative when you are fully grown?

To be one of the contributing factors in adversely affecting a child's state of mind would certainly make me feel ashamed of myself and would cause me to take a deep look inward. I carry a heavy burden for the way we engage children and I would never want to contribute to causing them to feel like they are less than. And, in the online community, the fear is greater because we have a lot of confused children (and I mean less than 21) out there, and I just think we ought to engage them with concern and due care and not communicate with them in a negative manner. What good does it serve? I agree with Chevy that under 21 should not be allowed on these sites. But, it is what it is. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Technically 18 is considered legally an adult, and while their maturity level may not yet be there, they are still allowed and should be allowed to experience adult things. How else are they to become an adult? Also the internet is a place of free speech and you should be able to talk to people however you want, now I don't condone disrespectfulness but on the internet it is not up to you to examine someone's mental state. I agree with you however in that we should positively engage with the people on the site who are confused and looking for attention no matter what the age. Online communities serve as a resource and a human outreach for us all, we should embrace it and be kind to others.

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 07:06 PM
I agree with you, if someone is taken they should say they are taken either in their profile or when you e-mail them. Most of us are single it is true, why else would be on this site, but for those who are not single and are still looking for friends they should be upfront about it.

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 06:52 PM

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 06:47 PM
Hi and welcome

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 06:34 PM
Welcome back and good luck!

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 06:33 PM
Very well said, hopefully he will come back to the community or find another one where he is more accepted.

LitBugi's photo
Sun 01/20/08 06:19 PM
Just be yourself and don't settle for less. Know exactly what you want and you will find it. Smile, be open, and most importantly have fun!drinker

LitBugi's photo
Fri 01/18/08 06:45 PM
Jeans are better a little broken in.

LitBugi's photo
Thu 01/17/08 06:44 PM

I had a girl say to me, what would you do if I said I was pregnant. That bothered me, true story.

She sounds crazy, definitely not something to ask on a first date. Did you go on a second date with her Patsfan?

LitBugi's photo
Thu 01/17/08 06:43 PM
A guy on the first date should open doors. Should look and smell nice, should not talk about sex, and should not attempt to have sex with the woman. A guy on the first date should also at least offer to pay, should be open to talking about himself, and also should smile a lot :smile: