Community > Posts By > Mortman

Mortman's photo
Thu 02/10/22 11:34 AM
you really have to get off the Trump card. Trump is not the President.. Biden is. In a earlier thread many posters from the right ( including me) said they would vote for someone other then Trump. So this is not a Trump rally, it is discussions about the current President. And going by the popularity ratings he is doing very poorly. The polls includes not only Republicans by Independents AND Democrates.

Sorry that Trump makes you sick, too, but since we're moving on to Hunter, it's still useful to compare the magnitude of the allegations, here. Also, even though Trump probably won't he on the ballot, The Republicans still align with him, despite his crimes. Just last week they censured Cheney and Kitzinger for participation in the panel to investigate the Jan 6th insurrection. Keep telling yourself that we need not invoke Trump, but he's still around.

Mortman's photo
Thu 02/10/22 12:37 AM
Edited by Mortman on Thu 02/10/22 12:38 AM

Hunter Bidens actions are not a one time thing. they are not a temporary loss of common sense or a temporary lapse in judgement
They are a systematic, calculated life long way of living
In any other family he would be the sleeze ball outcast because if HIS life choices.

If he were a Trump, he'd be shamed by the family for not playing along with the criminal family business, since he's merely taken high-pay jobs, and never resorted to selling Cameos or swindling investors in real estate scams.

Mortman's photo
Thu 02/10/22 12:13 AM

Biden has played golf , well he tried to but he was confused about the scoring. And he kept getting lost on the fairways.

As recently as 2018, Biden had a 6.7 handicap. Getting lost? Not likely.

Mortman's photo
Thu 01/27/22 10:56 PM

The Biden administration has ordered U.S. citizens to evacuate Ukraine… scary thoughts of the evacuation of Afghanistan come to mind. The same people in charge of that fiasco are still in charge. Hopefully they have learned from their past mistakes.

Of course they learned. There was no negotiating with the Taliban in Ukraine or excluding the local government and we voted the buffoon Trump out.

Mortman's photo
Wed 01/26/22 11:44 PM

Biden is indeed, mentally challenged.

Fact checked: True.

Forgot to note your sources or even a reason?

The guy doesn't always speak in fluid and compelling sentences, but he's a stutterer and his speech includes working around difficult words. I voted for the guy and don't enjoy listening to him speak, but he's not mentally challenged in the sense you seem to imply. He's worked with Congress to get a $1.2 trillion infrastructure law passed, so there's definitely somebody home in there. If Republicans weren't so obstructionist, we'd have a few more $trillion invested in our infrastructure by now, but Republicans checked out early, insisting there would be no bipartisanship on these. The fact that Biden is still going speaks to his sound reasoning and love of country.

You asked me for a link, I provided a link, you DIDN'T respond to the link I provided. Why not???

As for Biden's "sound reasoning" it should be obvious his "reasoning" is being questioned by even many in the MSM and internationally after his news conference after his "incursion" comment on the Russia/Ukraine question. Immediately his press secretary Jen Psaki try to deflect from what he actually said to what he meant. Biden himself and his team have tried to clean up his answers to questions....and it seems they failed with their attempted clean up on aisle five.
As far as Republicans being obstructionist both parties are guilty of using the same tactics. Democrats in the senate, including Obama, Schumer and Biden, said that the filibuster was needed for democracy. Now the Democrats, especially Schumer and Biden, are saying that the filibuster is stopping Democracy.
Yup, I know it's hard to believe.....do you need a link to prove that Democrats have said the filibuster protects and prevents democracy????

The Democrats had tried to work with Republicans, but after numerous attempts, Republicans made it clear that nothing in any bill was going to get them to pledge their votes. Democrats got the American Rescue Act passed through reconciliation and then hilariously, Republicans still took credit for it.

Otherwise, I'm not surprised by yet more gaffes during Biden's news conference. I keep saying "It wouldn't be Biden without the gaffes."

The link from VOX you posted won't open, can't be found.
Citing VOX as a source is kinda hilarious though since one of the founders, Matthew Yglesias, quit citing 'inherent tension' and his desire to be an 'independent' voice. Nice try using a biased source. SMH

There is a HUGE difference between making off the cuff inconsequential "gaffes" and giving answers to questions that were thought out which have national and global consequences. The most honest answers to questions are the ones you get immediately, not the answers that are scripted over time.

It wouldn't be Biden unless as Robert Gates, former defense secretary in the Obama administration, once put it, Biden has “been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”

Sorry for the bad link. There's a bug in Mingle2's linking code where if the URL starts with "https" then it sticks it into the link as "http://https://" so you have to strip the "s" out (which I forgot). Try this link to the VOX story. Or, just Google "Republican takes credit for bills they voted against".

I don't know about Gates' assessment, but Biden still got us out of Afghanistan, which was long overdue. It could've been good if Trump got us out, instead of having Pompeo negotiate that moronic deal with the Taliban to be out by May.

Mortman's photo
Sun 01/23/22 10:50 PM
Edited by Mortman on Sun 01/23/22 10:53 PM

The guy doesn't always speak in fluid and compelling sentences, but he's a stutterer and his speech includes working around difficult words. I voted for the guy and don't enjoy listening to him speak, but he's not mentally challenged in the sense you seem to imply. He's worked with Congress to get a $1.2 trillion infrastructure law passed, so there's definitely somebody home in there. If Republicans weren't so obstructionist, we'd have a few more $trillion invested in our infrastructure by now, but Republicans checked out early, insisting there would be no bipartisanship on these. The fact that Biden is still going speaks to his sound reasoning and love of country.

You forgot to cite your sources or even a reason.

Oh, sorry. RockGnome

1. I've read in a few places that Biden has a stutter. Here's one.
2. The reason that I don't enjoy listening to President Biden speak is that it's too slow and sounds overly dramatic.
3. Here's a link to Biden signing the infrastructure bill

I have never seen any credible sources for Biden being mentally challenged. Usually just bogus pieces, for example some partisan retired military officers claiming Biden isn't mentally fit, citing opinions. Biden still does his job, and he's not wasting most of his day watching TV and tweeting. So, there's that.

Mortman's photo
Sun 01/23/22 10:35 PM

You asked me for a link, I provided a link, you DIDN'T respond to the link I provided. Why not???

As for Biden's "sound reasoning" it should be obvious his "reasoning" is being questioned by even many in the MSM and internationally after his news conference after his "incursion" comment on the Russia/Ukraine question. Immediately his press secretary Jen Psaki try to deflect from what he actually said to what he meant. Biden himself and his team have tried to clean up his answers to questions....and it seems they failed with their attempted clean up on aisle five.
As far as Republicans being obstructionist both parties are guilty of using the same tactics. Democrats in the senate, including Obama, Schumer and Biden, said that the filibuster was needed for democracy. Now the Democrats, especially Schumer and Biden, are saying that the filibuster is stopping Democracy.
Yup, I know it's hard to believe.....do you need a link to prove that Democrats have said the filibuster protects and prevents democracy????

The Democrats had tried to work with Republicans, but after numerous attempts, Republicans made it clear that nothing in any bill was going to get them to pledge their votes. Democrats got the American Rescue Act passed through reconciliation and then hilariously, Republicans still took credit for it.

Otherwise, I'm not surprised by yet more gaffes during Biden's news conference. I keep saying "It wouldn't be Biden without the gaffes."

Mortman's photo
Sat 01/22/22 10:53 PM
Seems like a good profile. You left out the part about interests, and you don't really describe yourself directly, but the overall vibe of the profile is that you're a young, mysterious "player" looking for fun. You don't overdo it. The writing style is casual. Your photo selfie is clear enough. You're clearly a good-looking young man, so you'll do well. Good job! 10/10!

Mortman's photo
Sat 01/22/22 10:48 PM
It's a good profile. The main photo is clear, and the description is descriptive, yet concise. You say something about yourself and what you're looking for. It checks all the boxes I look for. I guess you could add more photos, including ones where you're actually looking in to the camera. But again, the one you've got is well-lit and focused.
You're clearly a good-looking young lady, so you should be fine. Good job! 10/10!

Mortman's photo
Sat 01/22/22 10:35 PM
Looks like a good profile. The photo is good, well-lit and clear. Maybe you could also post another photo without sunglasses.

The part where you write about yourself just says to "connect and know better", but you could have put so much more, there. That's where you can tell the reader what you like, what you're looking for, or just a little about yourself.

Lastly, your profession, saying "salaried" doesn't say what you do, which could be a big conversation starter.

Anyway, you seem to be a good-looking young man, and many people don't even read the profiles, so you'll probably do very well even if your profile was almost empty.

For the really good picture, but incomplete details, I'd rate it 9/10. Good job!

Mortman's photo
Sat 01/22/22 10:05 PM

Mortman's photo
Thu 01/13/22 12:07 AM
Good for you and your research. Maybe post some links to back up your claims? (instructions on how to add links to your posts)

The TCJA tax cuts for individuals expire in 2025, while the corporate taxes will keep going, and the "Jobs" part of it didn't workout, since Trump's administration actually ended with a net loss of employment (a first!), and most of the corporate tax savings went not to investment, but more to stock buy-backs.

https://www.policygenius.com/taxes/who-benefited-most-from-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act/

Mortman's photo
Thu 01/13/22 12:05 AM
I keep seeing a bug when I link text, that if the text points to a URL starting with "https://" the link is dead. Usually, if I change "https://" to "http://" the link works and the address directs to the secure version, anyway, but without the edit, this feature fails.

Can somebody fix that?

Mortman's photo
Wed 01/12/22 11:39 PM
Edited by Mortman on Wed 01/12/22 11:40 PM
No. Biden's approval is above 42%, and still three points higher than Trump was at the end of his first year.

Mortman's photo
Tue 01/11/22 10:55 PM

I year under their belt and the Biden administration is still blaming a former president .
The left has to stop blaming others for their own actions and mistakes because it is blatantly obvious.
We have a supposingly " the buck stops here" President who points the finger to someone else...not good

So you think Biden should take the blame for the January 6 insurrection?

Why?

Mortman's photo
Fri 01/07/22 12:15 AM
Edited by Mortman on Fri 01/07/22 12:16 AM

What else could anybody expect. That’s the way she rolls. At Pearl Harbor an enemy tried to kill as many Americans as they could, with bombs and bullets, on 9/11 an enemy flew flying bombs in to buildings trying to kill as many Americans as possible, on j6 a bunch of pissed off American's decided to protest the highly suspicious election results. Nobody came armed, none of the protesters killed anybody. Armed with flags they proceeded to enter the Capitol and take selfies. If she’s looking for a dark day in our recent history, look no farther than the months of antifa and BLM riots . People le died at the hands of these thugs and she wants to sweep that under the rug. How can anybody take her seriously.

Wrong. Some of the protesters carried firearms. Even if they fired no shots, they used plenty of other weapons, including bear spray, baseball bats, hockey sticks, lengths of rebar, flagpoles fire extinguishers, and then riot shields, stolen from Capitol Police officers they beat up, to break windows.

We don't know if BLM protesters killed anybody, as there were lots of people running around fighting and looting without affiliation to BLM or Antifa. Sure, Trumpsters claim they were all BLM, just like they claim that most of the rioters on 1/6 were Antifa. Never mind the fact that all the people identified and arrested are known to be Trump supporters.

Mortman's photo
Wed 01/05/22 07:26 AM
Edited by Mortman on Wed 01/05/22 07:30 AM

LMAO, I’m not sure how to respond to such misguided info. Up is down, in is out, what a bizzaro twist on reality. Her JD must stand for junior dumbass, and now she’s getting in the job training from Biden and will soon be getting her SD. senior dumbass… We don’t care how many degrees she has, her current job performance is what affects our lives not her school records. And her performance so far has been way below satisfactory. She like Joe are setting records for poor performance in the white house. Dereliction of duty. Mis-information of science , and their blind ignorance of fixing any basic problems. Say what you want about Trump. He had this country firing on all cylinders. With Biden it’s like a 4 cylinder firing on 3. No matter how long you liberals dump on Trump you’ll never change the FACT that Trump was the one that was making America great again after the obama administration made us into “ just another country”. China dealt Trump a bad hand with there release of Covid-19. Thanks to Trump he didn’t slow down and got us vaccines in record time. Than joe stepped in and it’s gone to hell ever since. But please keep telling us all how great joe is for this country. Still LMAO.

JD stands for Juris Doctor. It's the top law degree. The only dumbasses are the people who think Trump did a good job. Whether Covid was released accidentally or intentionally, Trump made sure the US was not prepared for it. He disbanded the pandemic task force in 2018, and while he called for accelerated vaccine development, he made sure to sabotage the widespread distribution of it, even after he got his shot. Never made an effort to get enough PPE for the country, much less first responders, and His staff slowed down their pandemic response when they thought it'd help them, politically (back when NY was the hardest-hit). Trump was never clear on Covid-19. No, trump was a disaster, and any sober look at the record shows it.

But go ahead and tell me what Trump got right.

Mortman's photo
Wed 01/05/22 12:26 AM
Edited by Mortman on Wed 01/05/22 12:27 AM

Bozo the Clown meets the requirements to be president too. But that doesn’t mean he would be a good choice for president…unless he’s running against any one of these progressive democrats that spew their ideology racism on a daily basis. It has nothing to do with republican or democrat it a lot to do with common sense and integrity which she has neither. She is a real bozo no no.

The guy who played Bozo died many years back, so no. Not qualified.

Veep Harris, on the other hand, is alive, holds a J.D. from U.C. Hastings, and won numerous elected offices. Compare that to the last guy: 4-year degree from a business school where he got his daddy to bribe the school to help him pass, then got his daddy to prop up his businesses. Probably only let them go bankrupt because his dad passed away. But I digress. Veep Harris is still better-than-average qualified, and Republicans are grasping for anything to discredit her. Shows they're scared. :D

Mortman's photo
Wed 01/05/22 12:18 AM
Meh. Biden's been making gaffs his whole career. Still got a trillion-dollar infrastructure law passed. The last guy kept lying and misspeaking and only got tax cuts for the rich. But, sure. Biden's the mentally-challenged one.

Mortman's photo
Sun 01/02/22 12:20 PM

Exactly right! A perfect example is our Vice President she’s is obviously not fit for that position but because she identifies as a black women joe decided that would be his best choice for his running mate. What a horrible mistake that was.

Kamala Harris meets all the requirements of the office. She's US-born and exceeds age and residency requirements. She's accomplishing as much or more than Mike Pence or Dan Quayle. I'm sure she's not Republican enough for you, but that's a feature; not a problem.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next