Community > Posts By > miken747

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 08:38 PM

OK. A rant is supposed to be a complaint about a bothersome person or situation. So, I will rant about . . .

. . . myself.

I keep messing up whenever I engage in private conversations with other Minglers, and it leaves me feeling depressed.

Background: I haven't said so in public before, but I am currently going through a very difficult time with my physical health. The physical pain that I experience on a daily basis is crippling, so much that I haven't worked since the week before last Christmas. I am officially on leave-of-absence from my job, but I anticipate having to resign soon, because the pain is too much for me to bear outside of my home. If I were not receiving financial assistance from relatives, then I would be destitute.

Although I experience pain while using a computer (just as I am while typing this), I keep posting things at Mingle2 because it helps me to emotionally cope with my struggle. All too often Mingle2 is my lifeline to the outside world.

Anyway, while here I have tried to befriend people who are going through their own struggles, and I converse with them through private messaging. That is when I goof up. I say too much or the wrong thing. I want nothing more than friendship, and yet I give people the wrong impression. I know that I do by the way that people respond.

For example, imagine a couple of your friends telling you that they are too tired to do anything, and then later you see them at a party. Were they really tired, or were they simply trying to get rid of you?

If I am so bad a person that another would avoid me, then what is wrong with me?

So, I am ranting about myself, because I am my own worse enemy. Sometimes I feel like giving up on socializing. Is it worth the pain?
I wish that I had a real friend who could understand my physical and emotional struggles, but I can't have such a friend if I drive people away.

Thus, in this rant I am the bothersome party, and I apologize to anyone I have alarmed or offended by my words. I try to be the cowboy who wears the white hat, but I keep dropping my hat in the mud. Who wants someone with a muddy hat?

I personally have an issue. I want to be friends with people, but when something is actually bothering me quite a bit. I usually more often then not.. close up like a clam. I usually hate talking about my bad days, and the days when like you.. it hurts even just to lay in bed and type. I'm not exactly sure what MY deal is. I mean, there is nothing in the world wrong with having someone that understands your pain and turmoil. It's nice to have someone understanding.. but I just seem to have issues.

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 08:36 PM

OK. A rant is supposed to be a complaint about a bothersome person or situation. So, I will rant about . . .

. . . myself.

I keep messing up whenever I engage in private conversations with other Minglers, and it leaves me feeling depressed.

Background: I haven't said so in public before, but I am currently going through a very difficult time with my physical health. The physical pain that I experience on a daily basis is crippling, so much that I haven't worked since the week before last Christmas. I am officially on leave-of-absence from my job, but I anticipate having to resign soon, because the pain is too much for me to bear outside of my home. If I were not receiving financial assistance from relatives, then I would be destitute.

Although I experience pain while using a computer (just as I am while typing this), I keep posting things at Mingle2 because it helps me to emotionally cope with my struggle. All too often Mingle2 is my lifeline to the outside world.

Anyway, while here I have tried to befriend people who are going through their own struggles, and I converse with them through private messaging. That is when I goof up. I say too much or the wrong thing. I want nothing more than friendship, and yet I give people the wrong impression. I know that I do by the way that people respond.

For example, imagine a couple of your friends telling you that they are too tired to do anything, and then later you see them at a party. Were they really tired, or were they simply trying to get rid of you?

If I am so bad a person that another would avoid me, then what is wrong with me?

So, I am ranting about myself, because I am my own worse enemy. Sometimes I feel like giving up on socializing. Is it worth the pain?
I wish that I had a real friend who could understand my physical and emotional struggles, but I can't have such a friend if I drive people away.

Thus, in this rant I am the bothersome party, and I apologize to anyone I have alarmed or offended by my words. I try to be the cowboy who wears the white hat, but I keep dropping my hat in the mud. Who wants someone with a muddy hat?

I personally have an issue. I want to be friends with people, but when something is actually bothering me quite a bit. I usually more often then not.. close up like a clam. I usually hate talking about my bad days, and the days when like you.. it hurts even just to lay in bed and type. I'm not exactly sure what MY deal is. I mean, there is nothing in the world wrong with having someone that understands your pain and turmoil. It's nice to have someone understanding.. but I just seem to have issues.

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 08:32 PM
DJ tiesto in search of sunrise album. He's simply amazing. And followed by clan of xymox twist of shadows album. A bit older I think 1992 or so but still a good group.

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 08:29 PM

I've never been married myself. I am very picky. If someone tries to change who I am it won't work. Don't like tattoos it wont work especially since I'm getting another.
some people will try to change u but ur right it won't work they tried that with me an well they failed lol

Only time I try to change someone is from clothed to unclothed lol
some how i had a feeling that was coming lol

From moi? Never lol
nah just in general thought lol

Cheeky thought LOL but ya got me time to (oh shiny ....runs away) danger didn't work I'm still here

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 08:25 PM

I've never been married myself. I am very picky. If someone tries to change who I am it won't work. Don't like tattoos it wont work especially since I'm getting another.
some people will try to change u but ur right it won't work they tried that with me an well they failed lol

some how i had a feeling that was coming lol

From moi? Never lol

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 08:21 PM

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 08:11 PM

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 08:07 PM

BTW vintagenerdy the big misconception about vintage is old when its really classic and classy and sexy. You don't get it any better than that and even outside vintage you rarely find classic and classy women anymore no offense to anyone here. Happy Valentine's to all and to all a goodnight! Oops got Valentine's and Christmas mixed up LOL.

What exactly are classic and classy women out of curiosity?

Classic and classy women are those that are women that don't do the trends don't try to keep up but keep up with themselves and know what they want without being overly aggressive but assertive in achieving. Most important they have a mind of their own and don't need to be told. I suppose its like a Guy, Shenandoah woman wants to be kissed a Guy should know, he doesn't need to be told.

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 08:00 PM

I have nothing to rant about - I miss my family - my uncle died a few days ago. he and my aunt were married for about .........

60 years, I was close to them as a child. - she died last year. I can't imagine never seeing them again. I haven't seen them in ages because of my own personal circumstances (the distance)

and I just can't imagine never seeing them again, but that's that. A part of me still expects to go there with my mom

next year at thanksgiving - I can see my aunt sipping sherry and laughing, patting the couch cushion next to her for me to sit there. and my uncle watching her like a man in love - in their 60s....and he had known her since she was about 20

good memories - but has left me a little down today

Aw sorry to hear that. Hugs all around. I know how it feels my grandparents are celebrating their 69th anniversary this summer.

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 07:56 PM
I've traveled the globe looking for my place in life and so far I've found that with each place you have good and bad but its what the people do to did the bad to make things right again. We need to learn to do things united as one as we once did and not allow ourselves to be dictated to. Oh and I'm still looking for my place in life. I'm a Teddy bear that no one wants to buy or hug (who invented window shopping anyway?)

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 07:46 PM

Thank YOU SISTER,,,I believe I shall..

I'm tired of word bully's spreading their filthy letters joined together thinking they don't want to get ANY better.

Tired of the ones who no one knows who follow others around this net,,
and cause them HAVOC...all the time with their lies and tries,
to destroy and ruin an innorcent heart,as they tare their worlds apart.

Anger and hate can't possibly radiate, and think ANYONE would want to ask them to date.

we are a family of people and friends, and strangers are always welcomed to begin, but bad is bad, and for that i'm sad.

Thats my rant and my chant, NOW someone can come in and say I CAN'T.

Thank you for giving me a space, to speak what others keep behind their face,laugh laugh I feel beeter,,please send me my Bill,,
Thanks Doc...drinker :banana: :heart:

That will be 25 cents, and you can call me Lucy.
I've watched too much Peanuts.

I am not sure its possible to watch peanuts too much, unless you start dressing like them, but even then I've seen some who could pull off the look nicely.

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 07:43 PM
Danger birds keep pooping on my truck. Seems anytime I wash it its a guarentee within half an hour some bird come along and splat! They never hit the passenger side neither its always either drier side bed or windshield or someplace hard to get. I left my window down once and one had the audacity to get inside and poop on my seat! Argh

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 07:36 PM
My sources are net research plus one of his students I met. I also did some research from a magazine article I had read which seemed similar to an earlier article I had read. A few of his students transferee to Oxford in England where they are currently working on hydrogen power vehicles. On top of that there are a few other sources available including a photo of what his home looked like before and after.

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 03:57 PM
Sydney, Australia. Was there for 6 months

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 01:27 PM
Does the mirror count? If so yup!

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 01:20 PM
I simply wasn't here. I got up one day jumped a plane to Honolulu where I spent most of my time on the beach since I lived only 10 minutes from it. From there I went to Australia and was preparing to teach English but I came back. I think I'm going to go to Italy or Spain now lol

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 01:10 PM
Depression is psychological never pay mind to it and worse off never medicate because then your psychiatric mind fells you you can't live without which then makes you dependant. Best thing to do is do what you like and do it often. Keep in mind that you can't do what you like if you don't exist and remember that you are always #1never let anything change that. Ever

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 12:57 PM
I think that not all men are afraid of. Woman with kids, ifs more or less a fear of rejection from the kiss. I know for myself If I am dating someone with children, not only do I need to put a good foot forward with her but her family as well and to us guys that can be overwhelming. Give us Tim's to warm up first don't bombard us by having us meet the troops too soon.

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 12:47 PM
Love doessnt have to be neat
Love doesn't have to be pretty
Love doesn't have to be physical
Love doesn't have to be emotional
Love is always around, we just don't know it
Love greets us as we wake
Love awaits us as we sleep
Love is life
So my Valentine is my life as should everyone, single, dating, married.
Happy Valentine's everyone (hugs my Teddy bear)

miken747's photo
Mon 02/13/12 12:00 PM
Oh my goodness this thread needs to be placed on some sort of hall of fame or something. That's crazy funny with the cop and your grandson Hehe. I actually got out of a speeding ticket on my way to a Dre once. I was late out of work lbecause I had gotten promoted to private first class and picked up some flowers on the way off base. As the state trooper pulled me over he Sen the flowers and asked where I got them. I told him and he let me know that I reminded him that it was his anniversary and let me go. So now days I try to keep flowers handy, you never know what ill remind someone of, thy and never know if ill meet someone.