Community > Posts By > Cellara

no photo
Mon 12/06/21 06:29 AM
"well it does appear some people are only willing to acknowledge medical science when it suits . :wink: Alternative medicines are of little help when it comes to treating a myocardial infarction or subarachnoid haemorrhage . Nor will they help treat the clotting disorder and systemic inflammatory damage covid is capable of inflicting . We have treatments that may help with symptom management but do not have a treatment that will eradicate covid . The mortality rate continues to climb. waving"

"Alternative medicines" treated or cured three of the four citations, for myself.

no photo
Sun 12/06/20 11:44 AM
Stalking the gnome...

no photo
Mon 12/09/19 06:14 PM
Whoop Dee Deeeee!

A true gentleman?

no photo
Sat 12/07/19 06:05 AM

Sounds like one of those Jeff FoxWorthy jokes “You might be a Redneck” which are funnylaugh .

The difference between a hillbilly and a redneck?

Hillbillies make the moonshine. Rednecks drink it. drinks

Why don't hillbillies drink their own moonshine?? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

They've learned the difference between sippin' an' drinkin'. :wink:

no photo
Sat 12/07/19 05:46 AM

Sounds like one of those Jeff FoxWorthy jokes “You might be a Redneck” which are funnylaugh .

The difference between a hillbilly and a redneck?

Hillbillies make the moonshine. Rednecks drink it. drinks

no photo
Sat 12/07/19 05:43 AM
"Hillbilly Goes Hunting"

When I read that, I thought my journey here was being highlighted...

no photo
Fri 12/06/19 03:28 AM
So much for target practice...

no photo
Thu 12/05/19 06:28 AM
Indeed.

My new friend...

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 09:21 PM
Subtly let him know he isn't...

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 09:11 PM
Ask him if he tried the beans I made last night, then throw the covers over his head.

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 08:56 PM
Forums are what made me change my mind about leaving this place.

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 08:26 PM
rofl

Yeah, I got nothin

Fold.

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 08:12 PM
..What women forget is that as they get older what they bring to the table is slowly fading away...not to mention how long do you think you are going to live....

Honey, it wasn't until now I learned to set the table... And when I go, they will still be talking about my pies.

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 07:58 PM
And yes, they are our children.

And we love them.

I can tell you will make a great dog owner.

Best.

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 07:57 PM
You are asking great questions.

Also, a puppy costs a lot more because they have to get all their shots and yes, spay or neuter is not even really a choice. A female in heat is uncontrollable and you will never want to experience that more than once. A male, will do anything to get to a female in heat. You cannot control him either. It is a duty of the owner to spay or neuter. If you plan to breed, of course that is the exception. They will then need only booster shots and maintenance.

Out here in the sticks, they come from miles around when I shelter an unfixed female. Many at once. I had one bull male bust in the door. Literally.

Another cost saving, sheltered dogs are mandatory fixed prior to adoption. Here, it's just over $150.00 to adopt a dog. A lot are fixed by the prior owner. A puppy will inevitably cost more. Not counting the wires they chew. Haha

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 07:46 PM
And...There's that...

...There goes my reputationsurprised

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 07:22 PM
There are many reasons to weigh the puppy issue.
They chew everything. Especially things you use most. Remotes, cell phones, your favorite shoes, underwear, curtains, clothes, doors, furniture, pillows... They will learn, but not before you learn patience losing a few things.
They have many, many accidents. They can be trained, but that also takes time and effort.
If you are at work. They are alone. They are pack animals, so being young and alone is not ideal. The puppy will cry relentlessly. Apartments and neighbors need considered. Also consider that they are like children, whom are never left alone.
For six months, you will both be in training. And then some. Perhaps that will be a stronger bond. However, most pre owned dogs will also bond quickly. Feed them and they obey. A Jack Russell, however is loyal to one owner, but they too, will eventually bond.
The crate is because when humans leave their dogs alone, they get anxious, lonely, bored and without direction, they do their own thing. Which usually always results in disappointment and loss by the time you get home. A very well trained, fit and loved dog will eventually not need one. If there is no one there to let them outside, they will eliminate, but they will not eliminate where they sleep or eat. Hence, the crate. And the playpen. Very rarely will a dog soil its crate.
The shelters are full. They need you. You can save a life. They will know it. You will know it.

Of course, we wouldn't have dogs without puppies and vice versa. Personally, I would avoid the struggle of training a puppy and prefer to rehabilitate injured and abused dogs that otherwise would be put down. That likely shows in my bias. I have also raised a few puppies.

If you get a puppy, I would support you. It is a personal choice and I thank you for letting me share my doggess.

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 06:53 PM
laugh

Wait...What?...sad

Gonna hafta let the dog loose...

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 06:47 PM
oops How utterly accountable.

:thumbsup:

Hope you didn't mind the taze. All in good fun.

And lots of laughs.

I'm also fairly new. Think I'll be known as that chick with the taser... I blame RockGnome. He whipped his out first...

bigsmile

no photo
Tue 12/03/19 06:05 PM
Taser time... devil

What?! I'm new here. Stranger danger!

waving

Previous 1 3