I am really good, Joy.

How's you?

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:41 PM
b]Well let's liven things up then....lol

Hiya {{{Joy}}}

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:34 PM

I have been happily single for a long time and Although i have dated and met some great guys over here in the UK I really haven,t felt that real connection with anyone,
So i joined here too chat too some nice people and just meet new friends, but i haven,t allowed myself too connect too any of these lovely guys on here on a deeper level, as i always felt long distance relationships just didn,t work.
What do you all think can thay work?

The lady in the picture with me is 380 miles from where I live.

We're making it work.

I give it 6 months!tongue2 :laughing: :laughing:

Might wanna extend that a bit, Goof. :tongue:

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:25 PM

I have been happily single for a long time and Although i have dated and met some great guys over here in the UK I really haven,t felt that real connection with anyone,
So i joined here too chat too some nice people and just meet new friends, but i haven,t allowed myself too connect too any of these lovely guys on here on a deeper level, as i always felt long distance relationships just didn,t work.
What do you all think can thay work?

The lady in the picture with me is 380 miles from where I live.

We're making it work.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:20 PM
Not at 21 years old there aren't. Most of them are still too busy being led around by their nether regions.

It's hard to give you a " rating " because there isn't much of anything in your profile.

You say that you are shy but will talk if a guy finds the right subject...but you give no indication at all of what those subjects would be.

You say nothing about what drives you....what you are passionate about...

There just isn't much in your profile for a " normal, well rounded...etc... " guy to see and get interested in.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:33 PM
Gotta hate those voodoo curses.

LOL

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:23 PM

"I live half way around the world."

From who? You really need to specify a reference point.

Well...according to your calculations...EVERY woman lives halfway around the world...lmao

Oh wait.

Your calculations actually say that all women live halfway around the Solar System...

Never mind.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:14 PM

In what ways are today's youngins different than when you were young?

What has not changed?

When I was young...there was this odd little thing called going OUTSIDE to play.

These days, half of the kids would probably burst into flames if they were exposed to sunlight.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:07 PM
Redy...

Considering what I have seen in Michigan after having lived here for nearly my entire life, the points that I brought up were, indeed, relevant to the topic and the title of this thread.

It's Democrat tax policies and lack of economic responsibility ( the Republicans are guilty as well but it's been Democrats here in Michigan for the last 8 years ) that have led this state into the spiral it's been in.

The fact that she ( the Governor ) decided THIS year, to start making noise about cutting taxes when for the last 8 years we have been hearing about tax RAISING attempts, brings me and nearly everyone I know to believe that it is nothing more than a political ploy and not indicative of the policies we would see IF another Democrat gets elected to lead this state.

When Obama was getting ready to name a Supreme Court nominee...Granholm's name came up and the people here were basically BEGGING for her to be his choice.

Either way, Republican or Democrat, I am not going to be staying in this state for very much longer anyway.

There is just nothing here.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 12:56 PM
While I do appreciate the restaurant recommendations....that really isn't what I am looking for.

For those of you who have posted your ultimate burger...I thank you.

Keep 'em coming.

I am always looking for new ways to make a burger.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 07/09/10 12:39 AM

Ahhh, i love my own bbq patties (from ground steak, top sirloin is good)
seasoned with salt, and pepper, soy sauce & onions,,
cooked medium
on a bun w/mustard ketchup and thousand Isle dressing, mmmm
put sliced cheddar cheese on there

Now that sounds like a simple, yet darn tasty, burger.

:thumbsup:

JustAGuy2112's photo
Thu 07/08/10 10:59 PM
So what is your " ultimate " burger?

Any particular kind of beef??

What condiments??

I'm not looking for restaurant recommendations.

I want to know how YOU would make your " ultimate " burger.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Thu 07/08/10 10:37 PM
You know me D.

I'm not gonna try to change anyone's mind.

And I'll respect their thoughts and opinions. They usually return the favor.

With certain exceptions of course.

But those that can't do so usually have nothing to contribute anyway.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Thu 07/08/10 09:59 PM
A woman and a man are involved in a car accident on a snowy, cold Monday morning; it's a bad one. Both of their cars are totally demolished, but amazingly neither of them is hurt. God works in mysterious ways. After they crawl out of their cars, the man is yelling about women drivers.

The woman says, 'So, you're a man. That's interesting. I'm a woman. Wow, just look at our cars! There's nothing left, but we're unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we should be friends and live in peace for the rest of our days.'

Flattered, the man replies, 'Oh yes, I agree completely, this must be a sign from God! But you're still at fault...women shouldn't be allowed to drive.'

The woman continues, 'And look at this, here's another miracle. My car is completely demolished but this bottle of wine didn't break. Surely God wants us to drink this wine and celebrate our good fortune. She hands the bottle to the man.

The man nods his head in agreement, opens it and drinks half the bottle and then hands it back to the woman.

The woman takes the bottle, puts the cap back on and hands it back to the man.

The man asks, 'Aren't you having any?'

The woman replies, 'No. I think I'll just wait for the police...'

MORAL OF THE STORY: Women are clever, evil *******. Don't mess with them.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Thu 07/08/10 09:45 PM
“The logic behind that statement” was in reference to your phrase “lower the tax burden on the small business owner”. There is nothing logical that backs up the statement. Making a statement without any kind of support is simply an opinion and what it’s based on is anyone’s guess. That was why I asked you to elaborate. I was looking for something – well like Michigan Governor Granholm has suggested:

Simple economic principles PROVIDE all the logic that is needed.

And lemme tell ya something. Our fabulous governor is making these " suggestions " now...after how many years of us seeing her policies drive this state into the ground.

Ms. Granholm is making these suggestions so that a Democrat has SOMETHING to run on.

SHE can't run again, so SHE is providing " ideas " on how to " lower " taxes.

Lemme tell ya something here. Since you don't live here, I suppose I can forgive you for actually buying into that crap.

Why, exactly, did she not " suggest " these things a few years ago??? Because cutting taxes, or even " restructuring " them is NOT on their agenda.

I read the Free Press AND Detroit News every day. One leans left ( The Free Press ) and one leans right ( The News ) . I figure between the two, I can figure out the truth for myself.

Over the last couple of years, there were several stories in BOTH papers about the governor and lawmakers wanting to RAISE the taxes because there was less revenue coming in because people were leaving the state. Especially the small businesses and young wage earners.

You, having not lived here for the last 8 years, have not heard all the crap that has been promised, and seen the actual ACTIONS.

But, of course, because you AGREE with it, you'll use that story as a shining example of Democrat " leadership ".

15th out of 50 states is still not very good. Especially considering that everything POSSIBLE should be done to draw businesses TO this state after the collapse of the auto industry. The job losses in the auto industry have been going on for quite a while under her watch. Why is it that, just now, as she is about to LEAVE OFFICE, she is suddenly coming up with this idea when it could have been done YEARS ago?

Like I stated before, there have been several stories over the last couple of years about the governor and her Democrat friends in the capital wanting to raise everyone's taxes. I think it's a damn good thing that Republicans DO have the majority or the taxes here would be even higher than they are and even MORE people would have left the state.

So let me ask you this.

Why is it that to lower the taxes on small businesses, it has to be " offset "??? Why can't they just cut spending for their pet projects??

It's always, " We CAN'T cut spending!!! We would have to cut EDUCATION spending!!! * insert hand wringing here * ".

Oh wait. Dems think spending is the way to go. Hasn't worked out real well here in Michigan but that's just because we haven't had the " right " people in charge.

So we can just leave out the >>”Lefties and the Obama apologists”<< in any future discussion of STATE matters and especially those states with a Republican majority……

I'll be happy to. As soon as the Federal Government lowers the FICO tax and stops penalizing businesses for hiring people. I'll also stop as soon as we get someone in the Presidential office who DOESN'T think that people who make more than 250K a year " make too much money " and should hand over half of it to be spent as someone else see fit.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 07/07/10 10:04 PM
Edited by JustAGuy2112 on Wed 07/07/10 10:07 PM
Ok. First thing...yes. The link I tried to post didn't show up for some odd reason and I didn't realize it.

Here's the link. And yes, I do agree with the definition.

Definition of a small business

Next up.

[If you think there is a significant and even unfair tax burden on small businesses, then you must have some idea of what the average small business costs to run, how much an average small business profits annually, and of course what percentage of that profit is expended in taxes. Thus some kind of ration.
I’m not looking to discuss some one elses opinion. You have made many comments to the effect that you think small business is over taxed. You have an opinion, you’re entitled to it and I’m interested in it, but only if it’s YOUR opinion. If you are voicing someone elses opinion say so, but to voice an opinion of your own requires some kind of critical thought process which includes having done some research and not just repeating what you’ve heard someone else say.

Three words. Michigan Business Tax. It's a tax that hits small businesses particularly hard. You want research, look it up.

What tax would you have decreased, or eliminated? What incentives would you like to see implemented to appeal to new small business ventures? On what definition of ‘small business’ should those changes come under?

See the previous two answers. Small businesses are the ones that employ the majority of employed people in this country. There are quite a few large employers like the auto companies and other manufacturers...but it's small business that drives the United States.

You are becoming evangelical here, repeating the same phrase (lower the burden the small business owner) suggests there is no idea what burden there might be to be discussed. It sounds like a regurgitation of something you read and agree with for the sole purpose of showing disagreement with the current administration

Nice try. But I agreed with the idea throughout EVERY administration I have been alive and cognizant to actually understand the concepts. It has nothing to do with this particular administration.

There is no logic – yet. But if you actually answer the questions I’ve posed I might concede that logic is yet possible. Beware – if you choose to cut ‘n paste or simply regurgitate something you’ve read, be sure to have a thorough understanding, because I may ask more questions.

If you cannot, or refuse to recognize the logic behind that statement, then there really isn't much to discuss with you because it would appear that you are far to the other side of the fence and there wouldn't be much chance for middle ground. Are you one of those that feel that successful business is inherently greedy and evil?

The definition of success can be an individual concept. For example why do multimillionaires or billionaires continue to work? What makes a great leader ‘great’? What makes a person out of work and struggling to pay their rent – start up a non-profit business that will benefit others? For some people success is eeking a meager existence on the charity of others?

Wow.

While it's true that success is an " individual " idea, the thought that someone feeling it's ok to " succeed " on the sweat and effort of others, without actually putting in any effort of their own is a concept that I just can't grasp.

Incentive to succeed comes from within – NOTHING will stop a person with the drive to succeed from putting forth their best effort – not taxes, not opinion, and not even lack of funds.
People who need incentive to come from outside the self to pursue success will never have it.

That's not entirely true. People who have the drive to succeed will also look for the best ways to do so. If they know that a certain path is going to get them " punished " and wind up being told that they make " too much money ", then they will choose some other path. Some other way to consider themselves successful.

Half of all earnings is still half - the glass half full, and it represents an opportunity to strive to make it fuller. On the other hand some people see only what has been taken and a half empty glass in its place. Part of the ‘empty’ is simply redistributed in the service of the tax payer. You never know when that one catastrophic event will find you with hands held out for help – and all that tax you paid will have seemed worth it.

Lemme tell ya something. When YOU are the one busting your *** every single day, putting in 18 hour days in an effort to become successful, someone telling you that you " make too much " isn't gonna make you a " glass half full " kind of person. Not when you have to work TWICE as hard to make half as much.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Tue 07/06/10 09:40 PM
If you have some logic pertaining to the following I would like to hear it.

I would like to see greater incentive for small business owners, I think we need to promote more of this spirit. How would you structure these incentives for small businesses? How would you determine the definition of the small business that would get the tax incentives?(what would be the restrictions)

The definition of a small business can be found here.

How much incentive does a small business need, in other words, if we are discussing specific tax incentives - what kind of ratio would exist between the tax savings with and without the incentive?

I don't know if there IS a specific ratio.

The logic behind my ideas is that, if you lower the tax burden on smaller businesses...not only can they actually afford to HIRE workers, but they can also afford to keep their prices more competitive. Where do you think the taxes companies pay are directed?? Straight to the consumer in the form of higher prices. It's always been that way. It always WILL be that way.

Lower the burden on the small business owner, watch them hire people, and watch the people they hire start buying the goods and services the small businesses provide because they'll be ABLE to. That, in turn, will make the small businesses more profitable and will allow them to expand or hire MORE workers. More workers will be able to buy more goods and services.

See the logic??

The direction we are being led in at the moment is a direction of reliance on the government rather than SELF reliance.

Of all the MAJOR issues YOU would attribute to the this country, which ones should the government be involved in and which ones do you think are taking away individual self reliance?

Health Care for one. What real incentive does anyone have now to get a job that pays enough to pay for health insurance when they know the government is just gonna GIVE it to them, at the expense of those who HAVE a job that pays enough to provide it?

The " Incentive to succeed " is being removed in this country.

Why should anyone WANT to succeed when the government, in it's infinite wisdom, is simply going to take HALF of every dollar you earn because they think ( the prevailing thought as seen in other threads in these forums ) you make " too much money " and don't really NEED that much so they ( the government ) can just take it from you and hand it to someone else who hasn't gone through the process of EARNING it.

What incentive is there for someone to work their butts off in school to get straight A's...get scholarships to college....spend 4 years or more getting the degree or degrees of your choice....and then being told by the government that you make " too much money "...money that you WORKED a lot of years to EARN and they are now going to take at least half of it ( and even more than that if you add in all the little bullspit taxes we are hit with daily ) away from you?

JustAGuy2112's photo
Tue 07/06/10 12:13 AM
" Renegotiate " is NOT a threat to turn off the power.

It was basically nothing more than calling the Los Angeles City Council and the Mayor a bunch of cowards who's principles are only strong when it's convenient for them.

I appreciate the article bored.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25