Community > Posts By > Kat1974

Kat1974's photo
Mon 01/23/12 10:05 AM
I would like to say nope, I give only me that power but I have an ex that has that power. She can make me rethink my stance on things when with others I hold strong and am quite stubborn. No one else challenges me that way.

Kat1974's photo
Mon 01/23/12 10:01 AM
I think it is important to accept someone for who they are.Respect the individual, plus you fell inlove or start to develop feelings for someone why ask them to change? What i am fumbling trying to say is this... You fall for someone, you fall for the person that they are and if you take that step further and think about a relationship..you need to accept the flaws with the perks. But at the sametime. A person is always growing, learning and that can change the person they are, shift beliefs, shift standards of living..

Kat1974's photo
Mon 01/23/12 09:54 AM

Judy Blume- (1938- ) Children's author who deals with real life issuer-Elizabeth, NJ

Josh Brolin- (1968) Actor "No Country for Old Men"-Los Angeles, CA

Joe Garagiola- (1926- ) MLB catcher and sportscaster for St. Louis Cardinals-St. Louis, MO

Steve Hackett- (1950- ) Guitarist for the group Genesis-London, England

Arsenio Hall- (1955- ) Former Talk Show Host and Actor-Cleveland, OH

Naseen Hamed- (1972- ) One of the greatest British boxers of all time-Sheffield, England

Michael Ironside- (1950- ) Actor who played in Top Gun and Starship Troopers-Ontario, Canada

Joanna Kerns- (1953- ) Maggie Seaver on the television sitcom Growing Pains-San Francisco, CA

Sarah Lancaster- (1980- ) Saved by the Bell: The New Class-Actress-Overland Park, KS

Ray Manzarek- (1939- ) Co-founder and Keyboardist for The Doors-Chicago, IL

Chynna Phillips- (1968- ) Singer for the rock group Wilson Phillips-Los Angeles, CA

Christina Ricci (1980- ) Actress who also played on Addams Family Movie-Santa Monica, CA

Bill Russell- (1934- ) Boston Celtic five time MVP who won 11 NBA Championships, owns an Olympic Gold Medal and inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame-Monroe, LA

Jesse Spencer- (1979- ) plays a doctor on the television series House-Melbourne, Australia

Jennifer Stone- (1993- ) Best known as Harper Finkle on 'Wizards of Waverly Place'-Arlington, TX

Tara Strong- (1973- ) Voice of Bubbles on Powerpuff Girls and other children's shows and movies as a character voice-Ontario, Canada

And lets not forget Abraham Lincoln

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/22/12 07:34 PM

Hey! I am new here but I am posting...I do need help..you know dont laugh but I actually was thinking about looking into a matchmaking service. I also find the community here just fun, enjoyable group of people.

Give it some time. You just got here. Keep having fun in the forums and you really never know who will join tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day.... Before you know it you will be an ol timer like me. LOL Just kidding ya.

The forums are a blast! I dont mind at all trying to join in all the reindeer fun with you all. As I said from what I have read and seen..great group of people.

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/22/12 07:33 PM

I am new...but I still want to be matched up with someone...I am so failing on the matching on my own...

*already heads to the corner just because*

actually girl, this thread was started so that anyone who noticed two people posting in the threads who seemed to get along could post them. thus the "this could work" title. if you haven't posted much, than it is hard to see who is posting similar thoughts. somehow lex got this turned into a "hey ese match me" thread and it took on a life of it's own. i don't read every thread, and some subjects i rarely pop into. some threads i post on almost daily, so i see a lot of the same people on those threads. i may see you around or if you would like to message me with a suggestion, feel free

Hello! Jumping up and down and waiving my hands.waving
I post in the forums. LOL

"Hey ESE...."

*jumps up and down from the corner waving cause it looks like fun*

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/22/12 07:22 PM

I am new...but I still want to be matched up with someone...I am so failing on the matching on my own...

actually girl, this thread was started so that anyone who noticed two people posting in the threads who seemed to get along could post them. thus the "this could work" title. if you haven't posted much, than it is hard to see who is posting similar thoughts. somehow lex got this turned into a "hey ese match me" thread and it took on a life of it's own. i don't read every thread, and some subjects i rarely pop into. some threads i post on almost daily, so i see a lot of the same people on those threads. i may see you around or if you would like to message me with a suggestion, feel free

It's hard for me to just leave things alone....!!

But you can see how much we need some matchmakers around here....!!

(Not for me, God knows that's hopeless, but there are a lot of others here who seem to really like the idea....!)

Hey! I am new here but I am posting...I do need help..you know dont laugh but I actually was thinking about looking into a matchmaking service. I also find the community here just fun, enjoyable group of people.

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/22/12 07:19 PM

Best date ever for me...

It was when I was in DC. I made a picnic dinner, we sat on the Thomas Jefferson memorial..ate, fed the ducks...watched the sun go down and then went to the park where they had outdoor movies. They were Disney movies..but still it was nice.

I love outdoor movies :heart:

Me too! I go a lot to them even when it is just me and I love that most major even some small scale cities have them

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/22/12 07:05 PM

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/22/12 06:40 PM
Best date ever for me...

It was when I was in DC. I made a picnic dinner, we sat on the Thomas Jefferson memorial..ate, fed the ducks...watched the sun go down and then went to the park where they had outdoor movies. They were Disney movies..but still it was nice.

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/22/12 02:37 PM
To me sex is important in a relationship. You need the physical connection as well as the emotional intimate connection.

I personally wouldn't waste your time on those that aren't concerned with your wants. You deserve to have all your needs recognized and if they are threatened the "wanting more than sex" Huge waste of your time.

Does that make sense?

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/22/12 02:33 PM
I had to do it..the worst date questions had me curious about the dates we have been on. Plus well it is fun to trade war stories ;)

Okay, so mine was..well one of them....

I took this woman out to a very nice fine dining restaurant. It was quiet, had a romantic atmosphere, then afterwards I had tickets for Wicked because she was said how bad she was dying to see it. I am dressed appropriately. When I made arrangements with her she was very excited about the plans. So she shows up at the restaurant in shorts and a T-shirt, sandals. I was a bit surprised at her attire but rolled with it. I lost track of how many times she had burped out loud and made a joke about it. I lost track of how many times she started talking down to the wait staff. I remember I just wanted to slide under the table and hide. I kept thinking where the heck was the woman I spoke with that had some semblence of class. Now dont get me wrong...I am not a snob. I have nothing against burping or such but dear god..time and a place and that place was not it. Plus she treated those around her with loud..disdain like she was better than them. I rushed dinner, and then paid the check (tipped the waitress the amount of the check for just having to deal with her). So we went to theatre and we had some decent seats. Not the best but you all know Wicked gets sold out super fast. I had to owe so many favours to get those seats. They were not good enough for her and let me know. I had enough at that point and I told her well if she didn't like the seats, she can leave. I said it with the sweetest smile and then turned my attention to the stage. She stayed..loved it. But then at the end had the nerve to think that I was going to get physically intimate with her. She leaned close to my ear, tucked herself against my side and whispered "The next stop is your place." I turned to her and whispered back "Not in a million years" Then I flagged down a cab, paid him to take her to her car and then walked to my car.

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/22/12 02:18 PM

The one I used to get was "so do you date a lot? or " I bet you date a lot of men" which I read somewhere is mancode for trying to see if you "get around" or plainly put fluck around.When I was asked that I would think WTF? why are you asking me that? but since reading what they REALLY want to know I decided next time I am asked that I'm going to say oh yeah I "date" so much that I don't even have to make an appointment with my dr. for STD tests I just walk in and get tested right away.laugh laugh laugh

Okay that made me almost spit my drink on my keyboard. So not nice. Is it wrong now that I want that question so I can borrow your answer. LOL

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/21/12 07:46 PM
For me romance is an essential part of life. We all want to be romanced, treated special. I agree that it is more of putting thought and effort in getting to know someone and putting their interests above yours. Maybe it will be reciprocated but don't do it for that.

For example. I went on this one date..which really wasn't a date but I met this woman on this site actually. I work a lot and she actually drove a hour to meet with me during my dinner break. That to me was romantic because I had only a hour break. The action meant so much to me. In return I created a special dish for her, got her a drink and brought her to one of the most romantic spots at where I worked. It was overlooking the water on the beach. It was in a pinch but I knew what foods she enjoyed made it for her (prayed she liked it). She thought it was really romantic as well.

Romance isn't dead...you just have to find the right people that enjoy that quality of life.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/21/12 07:21 PM
Ha! So I thought I had some bad questions asked. Nice to see I am not the only one. Makes me think about the next topic..worst date ever...

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/21/12 03:07 PM
So I thought this topic would be interesting and maybe helpful for those going on a date on questions not to ask.

I will start it off...

For me the worst date question is: Are you bi? Lesbian? Butch? Femme?
*insert scrunched nose face here*

One? I hate labels. Yes, I am gay but that is just a small small small portion of what makes me me.

Two, I think that there are so many more interesting things to talk about on a date, ways to get to know someone without inserting labels into the mix.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/21/12 03:00 PM

This is in reply to Sweetestgirl11..I don't know how to do the quotey box thing. I am very much technically challenged. *sheepish grin*

Caution is over-rated. Somethings are worth risking falling on your face or looking like a fool. I have concerns but if I met someone that made me think "hrmmmmmm could she be the one?" I would so throw caution to the wind. The worst that would happen..you hit the floor, get bruised up and look silly.

On the bottom right of the statement box, click "quote" to have the person you wish to address statement appear

I have fallen on my face many times, and I do not recommend it

Score! Yay! Thanks! *happily looks at the quote box*
I too have ended up faceplanted after taking a leap of faith. I took all those experiences as learning experiences and really laughed at myself, called myself a dork, picked myself up, dusted myself off and continued on my merry way. Still worth it to me.

Kat1974's photo
Wed 01/18/12 09:13 PM
I haven't read Curve in ages...like years but when I did read it, I enjoyed it. Now I work way to much and when I am reading it is now to learn new techniques for my trade. Got to keep on top of it. :wink:

I have been so freaking focused on my career that I haven't been looking at my personal life..just professional. My new years resolution is to change that. To get personal...well try to. I am a dork though and when I try to look smooth and approach a woman I am attracted to, to use that very awesome introduction line of "hi" I do something or something always happens..like for example..the last time I was at a club (love to dance) I saw this one woman who had the most amazing eyes and a unique laugh. It kinda drew me..which is strange I know but anyway..So I slide off the bar stool, take a deep breath and then run into this fabulous gay guy who squealed and exclaimed loudly and a bit drunk "OMG! You are the cutest lesbian ever!!" (he was really drunk.His breath made my eyes water..but I still appreciated the drunken compliment) Then picked me up and spun me around, lost his footing and dropped me..Me still in the OMG a drunk guy has me in the air and spinning mode..didn't quite catch myself and landed on my tush. (yes I said tush..stop laughing). Needless to say I got up, blushed, dipped my head and didnt dare look her way cause what do you say after that? Yup, thats me smooth..

Now I know that this is a long post but I just didnt want to say just "hi"...so yeah

Kat1974's photo
Wed 01/18/12 08:49 PM
This is in reply to Sweetestgirl11..I don't know how to do the quotey box thing. I am very much technically challenged. *sheepish grin*

Caution is over-rated. Somethings are worth risking falling on your face or looking like a fool. I have concerns but if I met someone that made me think "hrmmmmmm could she be the one?" I would so throw caution to the wind. The worst that would happen..you hit the floor, get bruised up and look silly.

Kat1974's photo
Tue 01/17/12 07:52 PM
When I am not working, running around with my dog, and looking for the best darn (yes, I said darn...stop laughing) bleach out there to get my chef whites perfectly clean, I play WoW. I use to play eq2. I use to be big on gaming but not as much now. I might get on it once a week. I find doing BGs (battlegrounds for those that don't know)a nice stress relief. Does that count?

Kat1974's photo
Tue 01/17/12 07:44 PM
1000 years- Christina Perri

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt

Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer