Community > Posts By > italian_half

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:07 PM

me no mam im saying in my personal life it is a partnership. I have worked for and respected many women, most were the best Project Managers I have worked for, most of the men I have worked for are intimidated at my speed to resolve issues and my communication with customers as well as our corp managers, I have also dated a woman who made lots more then I did all that did not matter what mattered was her.

Both women and men excel in the same areas.

Again, the point is: A woman that tries to compete with a man, in a relationship (i.e. tries to show him up, or boast about her career, or he lack of need for a man) is unattractive to a man. Second, a woman that takes on manly traits, like watching sports centers, or trying to be "like a man" in her interests, is unattractive to men.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:05 PM

Are you saying you don't mind competition in your professional life but prefer a more feminine partner with more traditional gender roles in your personal life?

Competition between any genders outside of a relationship is natural. People of both genders compete in Marathons, or in office politics.

In a relationship, a man, in general, likes to be with someone, who can leave the competition with men at the office, and be a feminine partner. But, more so, not compete (as many career minded women do), with her partner for status at home. Men are not attracted to a woman that competes with him at home. In a relationship, a man wants to be the man, and hopes that his partner will be feminine and not compete with him.

Eventhough a woman, in this case, defers, she is no less a person, and in fact due a great deal of admiration and respect for understanding the differences between men and women.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:55 PM

well bro before you have women thinking you speak for all men how about in my opinion or i believe or my thoughts, noticed you are not responding to my posts, Guess you may just be trying to get attention from the ladies so good luck to ya.

I think you're correctflowerforyou And, I also believe the attention he's drawing from the women isn't positive.

Anyone who thinks the point of this post was to "get attention from the ladies" is very mis-guided.

Again, the point of this post is: A woman that tries to compete with a man, in a relationship (i.e. tries to show him up, or boast about her career, or her lack of need for a man) is unattractive to a man. Second, a woman that takes on manly traits, like watching Sports Center every night, or trying to be "like a man" in her interests, is unattractive to men.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:53 PM

well bro before you have women thinking you speak for all men how about in my opinion or i believe or my thoughts, noticed you are not responding to my posts, Guess you may just be trying to get attention from the ladies so good luck to ya.

No reason to get personal, sir, your posts have gotten as much attention as any lady.

Most men will agree with basic premise of my argument. Of course, there will always be some that will not (John Mayer fans, etc). However, just because a few disagree, doesn't make the premise flawed.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:49 PM

bro i dont know where yo get your facts maybe im just the strange one here, I think the relationship is a prtnership. I dont need to prove anything so if my mate spouse girlfriend other wants to come home and tell me of her accomplishments that is good she is comfortable enough to tell me. Becuse when im on that stage and i hear that applause I want to feel comfortable enough to tell her, my advice Cowboy Up

It's not about communication, sir. Of course, people want to come home, in some cases, and talk about their day.

The type of person this thread is concerned with is a "career woman", who feels the need to show that she is better than a man, or doesn't need a man. These traits are unattractive to men. It's also, in general, unattractive for a woman to have too many manly traits.

The point is that women who try to show up a man, or have too many manly traits will find it difficult to have prodcutive relationships with men.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:41 PM

well brother thats what makes us all human being different. If a woman likes sports cool that is her thing I would not think less of her, If she makes more money then me and tells me that well that gives me a reason to work harder, if she gets older I loved her for more than her looks i loved her for her. You can try to find the woman of your dreams the one who cooks cleans and follows your every demand but how long until that gets boring, me i want a woman who knows who she is not who i want or think she should be, one who loves me who i can talk to who i can experaince new things with and her with me. So good luck on your search my friend me I will look at what is before me and trust my heart and my fate.

In one way, sir, you've kind of proven my point.

You said that if a woman makes more money than you, that gives you a reason to work harder.

Behind all the equality, there is a sense of competition for a man. A man feels like he needs to be more successful, or make more money than his wife/girlfriend. This is not a bad thing. It's just our nature. Genetically, men are wired to be the providers, and we don't like to feel that we're not able to do that. And certainly, we don't want to be with someone who makes a point of her career and income, as compared to ours.

Cowboy, you might be OK with a woman making more money than you - as many men would. But, I suspect you wouldn't stay long with someone who pointed it out on a nightly basis...

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:31 PM

Why do you feel you have to compete with a woman? If you are a couple, isn't our career suppose to make our lives better for both of us? My ex use to think of our life as a game...who could make the most money? Did it really matter? I thought it was, lets try to save and get ahead in life.
I think if a man worries about having to compete with his woman, then he isn't happy with himself. So I suggest you look deep inside and see what is missing in you!! Why do women have to give up their careers to make you feel more sufficient? How do you know that one day something might not happen to where we might have to be the sole supporter?? Don't knock our careers..they might come in handy one day!!

Maam, I think you missed the point. Sorry.

The point was not for women to give up their careers, wander back into the kitchen, and become baby making machines.

The point is for successful women to try not to compete with a man, in their relationship (i.e. to try not to show up a man's success, or rub it in his face that she makes more money than him). This is unattractive to men. Also, secondly, if a woman takes on masculine traits, men will find this unattractive as well.

I think your whole point is crazy!! You are afraid that a woman will do better then a man. You are afraid that she might like sports...so what?? Does it mean that we become men if we watch football? Please!!! Are you just afraid that a woman might actually know a little bit more then you will?? It sounds like to me that you are not to sure about yourself!!
I think you need to grow some!! Get some confidence, I always hated when a man didn't have confidence in themselves..that is so unattracive!!!
Plus, just because we hit the age of 40~~that doesn't mean we stop dressing up and looking good. In fact, theres times that we look mighty fine. Maybe you need to venture out more!!!:wink:

Let's try to keep the comments constructive, and avoid personal attacks.

You keep missing the point dear, but I will repeat it...

The point is NOT about a woman doing anything better than a man. We all recognize that some women have achieved, or accomplished, more than some men. The point is also NOT about fear. This is a huge point that some women miss. Men are not fearful of women. We are just hard wired to be unattracted to a woman that tries to compete with us. We may ignore the competetive nature of a competetive woman, to get her into bed. But for something long lasting, we need a woman to not try to compete with us.

The point is that it is unattractive to a man, for a woman to try to show up the man she is trying to date, or brag about her success, or try to prove that she is just as good as a man. It is also unattractive to a man, for a woman to show off her manly traits.

And it's unattractive for a man to try and prove he's better then a woman.

Agreed. No one needs to prove they are better than anyone. This kind of behavior goes both ways. How attractive is it to a woman to come home every night and be shown that her career is not as good as a man's? (rhetorical) Men who try to be-little woman are just as wrong, as a woman, who tries to be-little a man.

My point is that with more women in their 30's and 40's settling into a career and, in some cases trying to compete with men in the office. This competitive nature, experienced by a man while dating and during a relationship, makes the man unattracted to this type of woman.

The difficulty is that many career minded women can't leave the office behind, and be feminine at home. They're still fighting the good fight, for equality with men, at home. Even though, a man is naturally unattracted to this kind of competition.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:20 PM

This thread is hilarious!laugh Beats the hell out of television! drinker

I'm not sure what this "manly man" crap is all about. I have no interest in sports, I can take care of all my own need like cooking, cleaning, sewing and whatever else comes along that you might be suggesting is women's work or feminine.
I honestly prefer a woman that has a job/career that she enjoys and excels at. I don't find that a threat in any way. I admire it! Some people are competitive in this way but I'm not.
If she was into watching sports, I'd have no problem with that, so long as it didn't soak up all of her free time. I'd rather be playing couch rugby than watching it.bigsmile :tongue:
I was under the impression that it was a team effort, not a competition.

Good thoughts, sir.

The point is not about what a man can do vs. a woman. We all admire people, of any gender, that are muti-talented. I think many people are missing the point when they boil this discussion down to gender roles.

The point is not about what a man can do vs. a woman, or what a man should do vs. a woman. Or, that anything a woman does is threatening to a man.

The point is this: A woman that tries to compete with a man, in a relationship (i.e. tries to show him up, or boast about her career, or he lack of need for a man) is unattractive to a man. Second, a woman that takes on manly traits, like watching sports centers, or trying to be "like a man" in her interests, is unattractive to men.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:08 PM

these are hostile and insecure and confused times i suggest. we hate ourselves. it's not ok to discuss gender or differenceslaugh or hint they exist

I'm not sure if we hate ourselves, but the lines between gender roles have definitely become confused, and it's not necesarily a good thing. Gender roles exist in nature. The male of the species has a certain role, as does the female. With more women taking on roles that are traditionally male, they can, by extention take on more male characteristics and become more competitve with men. These male characteristics are generally unattractive to men.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:04 PM

The point was not for women to give up their careers, wander back into the kitchen, and become baby making machines.

The point is for successful women to try not to compete with a man, in their relationship (i.e. to try not to show up a man's success, or rub it in his face that she makes more money than him). This is unattractive to men. Also, secondly, if a woman takes on masculine traits, men will find this unattractive as well.

Ladies...When we get home from a long day at work. He wants us to wait on him...Leave the office behind, the important decisions you made over the course of the day, and serve him up some food...and never let him forget he's bossman....explode

Most likely this is facitious, but this is some truth to this.

Here are the exceptions:

1.) We don't need someone to cook for us. (that concept has gone the way of the dinosaur)

Here is the truth

1.) "The bossman syndrome" Men do like to feel they are in charge in a relationship. I know this comes as a shock and goes against the grain of what many career women experience in the office, but at home, a man likes to feel in charge of the relationship. (Sorry, we're wired that way)
2.) We don't want someone to try to compete with us. We'd love to hear about your day, but we don't want to be compared to or looked down on. Many women with successful careers think less of men who haven't acheived the same level of success (and tend to compete against any man). In relationships, as in the office, these women still feel they need to prove something to a man.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:54 PM

personally I dont believe in taking from my partner or spouse if we split up, I want them to have the things that made them comfortable and happy, I dont care for someone becuse of money I care from my heart. I allways bounce back and for me personally I allways seem to land on my feet so why worry about who gets what if it does not work out, I cowboy up take what I need to start over and my bikes and tools and re-build.

Good thoughts.

How would you feel if you were divorced more than once, and lost half each time? You could be paying so much alimony that you were just above poverty, while your ex's were enjoying the bulk of your salary.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:50 PM

if a woman takes on manly traits i'd say she's probably gonna be playing for the other team anyway, but thats not true either. but not all men think the same things are attractive. personally i can't stand short hair on a woman. that doesn't mean she's trying to compete or taking on manly traits or is any less attractive to other men. not my taste but thats just it, we all think different things are attractive and can't generalize what MEN see as attractive in women just cuz we're men. i'm sure lots of men would rile in a woman who could play basketball just as well as them and hell maybe thats a great date for them, more power to them. let it be what it is.

Some good points here.

I would add that we all do have our personal preferences, hair length, eye color, etc.

However, most men, deep down inside, are driven by a pre-historic desire to be the provider. That inane nature causes us to be unattracted to women who try to compete with us, or exhibit traits that are like other men.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:47 PM

Why do you feel you have to compete with a woman? If you are a couple, isn't our career suppose to make our lives better for both of us? My ex use to think of our life as a game...who could make the most money? Did it really matter? I thought it was, lets try to save and get ahead in life.
I think if a man worries about having to compete with his woman, then he isn't happy with himself. So I suggest you look deep inside and see what is missing in you!! Why do women have to give up their careers to make you feel more sufficient? How do you know that one day something might not happen to where we might have to be the sole supporter?? Don't knock our careers..they might come in handy one day!!

I think your whole point is crazy!! You are afraid that a woman will do better then a man. You are afraid that she might like sports...so what?? Does it mean that we become men if we watch football? Please!!! Are you just afraid that a woman might actually know a little bit more then you will?? It sounds like to me that you are not to sure about yourself!!
I think you need to grow some!! Get some confidence, I always hated when a man didn't have confidence in themselves..that is so unattracive!!!
Plus, just because we hit the age of 40~~that doesn't mean we stop dressing up and looking good. In fact, theres times that we look mighty fine. Maybe you need to venture out more!!!:wink:

Let's try to keep the comments constructive, and avoid personal attacks.

You keep missing the point dear, but I will repeat it...

The point is NOT about a woman doing anything better than a man. We all recognize that some women have achieved, or accomplished, more than some men. The point is also NOT about fear. This is a huge point that some women miss. Men are not fearful of women. We are just hard wired to be unattracted to a woman that tries to compete with us. We may ignore the competetive nature of a competetive woman, to get her into bed. But for something long lasting, we need a woman to not try to compete with us.

The point is that it is unattractive to a man, for a woman to try to show up the man she is trying to date, or brag about her success, or try to prove that she is just as good as a man. It is also unattractive to a man, for a woman to show off her manly traits.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:39 PM

this is crazy if a woman is better at something then me thats great. you sound a bit controlling to me, but hey thats me, I have seen some hot 40 and 50 year old women. And no im not gay before you try that one. Grow up bro you never know who you are missing out on.

You also missed the point, sir.

There's nothing wrong with a woman being better than a man at anything (sports, having a career, finances, etc).

The point is: It's not attractive to a man to be in a relationship with a woman who feels the need to show that she's better than him. It's also not attractive to men, when "career women" exhibit manly traits like watching Sports Center every night.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:36 PM

That's one of the other problems that men and women face. A man can make 70% of the income in a marriage, but after a divorce, walk away with 50%.

Women can make 70% of in the income (though in lower percentages of married couples), but a man will be less likely to try to get the "his share" of the joint property.

Hog Wash! When I left my ex, I gave him everything including the house!

One thing about us women as we age it seems like more and more younger men want to take us out.

Sorry dear, you're one isolated case. Statistics show that men do not take their half, in the same percentages that women do.

This is part of a growing trend that erodes the desire of men to get married. Why give up half your assets?

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:18 PM

ok i'll give you that one, bragging is very unattractive and shows a low self esteem but that works both ways. nobody woman or man wants a partner who comes home and brags about how much more then made at work.

bragging in itself is unattractive, doesn't matter what sex they are. just say that instead of stating it's unattractive in women and manly men feel that way. that is just so totally untrue, almost on the verge of childish.

I respectfully disagree with you here, sir. Women, in general, are somewhat attracted to a man's success. However, the opposite is true of a man. Men do not want to be in a relationship with a woman that comes home and talks about how much money she makes or how much more succesful she is that him.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:11 PM

manly men? it's hard wired? dude where the hell are you getting this stuff? nothing says a man genetically has to win, thats called AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX. if you can't stand a women doing anything better then you, you better give up on life and just roll over and die. happens every day, no matter how good you are somebody is always better and it's a 50/50 shot that it could be a woman so get used to the idea.

The results of almost all athletic competitions suggest that men almost always win.... Perhaps being beaten by a women, in a physical contest doesn't bother some men. And perhaps, her coming home every night talking about how she is more successful than you at work wouldn't bother some men...

There's no inferiority complex here. It's just how men are wired. We don't want a women, who we are involved with sexually, to try to "one up" us.

Some men may not be wired in a manly way, sorry to hear that. For them, I have two tickets to John Mayer.

so you think that men who can accept a women who makes more money, ski better, swim better, or whatever are gay???? is that seriously it? first off john mayer is a complete idiot, and speaking of, you idolize this guy or something? i'm seriously starting to think it's not the competition with women you don't like but women in general. your awfully focused on this manly thing, and how much more men should be then women physically. ever had gay dreams? you go to the gym and look around at all the men a lot? maybe a little bi-curious? there is a huge issue here i know it, but i highly doubt it's where you say it is.

That's awfully personal, sir.

However, the point is not about men accepting a woman who is better at something than a man. Most manly men can appreciate a woman's success or talent.

The point is a woman that tries to compete with a man, in their relationship (i.e. talking about how successful she is, or how much money she makes), or exhibits manly traits, is not attractive to men.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:04 PM

It seems that you come across more "career women" these days. Women who are in their thirties and forties, with looks fading fast, that still don't quite understand what men want.

For some reason, with all the intelligence and value this group gives to themselves, this miss a fundamental truth. Men are not attracted to women who try to compete with them.

Men, for the most part, excepting for contentious objectors, peace-niks, and fans of John Mayer, tend to like women to be feminine, soft, sensitive, etc - qualities that men typically do not (except as above) possess.

Why can't these women, take off the suit, stop watching Sports Center, and just be a girl?

Wow, this thread is sure to help you find a date noway

You seem to be VERY imtimidated by independent women who have a brain and are not afraid to say what's on their mind.

You say men are not attracted to "career women" I have found that to be just the opposite. I wear business suits to work, make a good living, and I happen to love watching football with my sisters and my mother. I am also very feminine and love being a woman. I can spend the day fishing and then come home and get dressed to go to the ballet.

As for our "Looks fading looks" I'll be 48 next month, I feel younger and I am damn happy and secure within myself. By the way...why is it you don't have a picture posted?

Let's not get personal, dear. My profile explains why my pic is not posted.

This thread has nothing to do with being intimidted by successful (i.e. career) women.

The point is that many "career women" tend to try to compete with a man in their relationship (i.e. talking of how they don't need a man, or about how much money they make, etc), and take on manly traits that men find unattractive.

By not trying to compete with a man, and not being so manly, a "career woman" increases the likelihood of finding a man, with which she can have a sucessful relationship.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 12:58 PM

My point was, you are speaking for YOURSELF only. Yes, there may be men who agree with you, but there are many who won't. It is YOUR opinion and it is an opinion. And in case you are not aware, there is a great difference between opinion and fact.

I respectully disagree with you, sir. The vast majority of men are manly men. Maybe they don't wear their animal hydes on their backs anymore, but deep down inside they want a women to not try to compete with them, and not be into manly stuff (e.g. Sport Center).

Unless, of course, they are not into women, or in the John Mayer consortium.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 12:54 PM