Community > Posts By > italian_half

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 06:25 PM

I rest my case.

( And I did read it...didn't make a dot of difference, my last post still stands..)

Your posts scream, 'Where's my doormat? sad ", to me.

I think if there was a counter arguement to be made. It would have been made. In this case, "I rest may case" only serves to show a lack of thought and ability to reason.

The premise is solid, most men and women agree. However, we accept that some people might try to avoid the truth behind this statement, and will have little evidence to back up their lack counter arguements or discussion.

However, your feedback is appreciated, even though off topic and abusive.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 06:16 PM

Looks fading?

So I may need glasses soon....BFD.

Says a lot, for a blue box, in my opinion...

You might want to read the entire post. I've addressed the no pic question, Miss icon.

"Looks" has nothing to do with your need for glasses. It's related to your lack of viable man options as YOU grow older, and MEN start to look for a younger version of you.

That's MS Iconic to you.

Pic? Sure...

<----------------here you go....

And I care if men are chasing women their daughter's ages, why?

See the difference is, I don't give a wet slap for men who create threads, with all this EXPERT knowledge, and this whole, 'superior' position.... cause truth be known, it is more than likely, the rejection you have recieved, from women, who don't want to play 'mummy' to a man, or, to play 'submissive doormat'
either.

I just love all these worldly EXPERTS.... makes me want to go out and find a younger version of me.

laugh laugh laugh

It appears that this thread was not completely read, as there is a clear lack of understanding as to what the point was.

This thread was NOT about superioriry, rejection, or about being a doormat.

However, it's not surprizing that people who don't take the time to reads threads before venturing an off topic comment, miss the mark.

This thread's premise was simple, for a person who took the time to read it:

1.) Men do not want a career minded women to take their competitve attitude home with them and try to "one up" their bf/husband, or show how little they need men, or show how much better their career is than his. Men do not find this attractive.

2.) Men do not want a woman who does manly things. It's not attractive.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 06:06 PM

but i still like teen things?
and i like do them too?
your sayin i should just ignore it and go with tha flow?
and just enjoy it?
laugh

When you say "teen things"... what exactly are we talking about here?

(secretly dials the sexual predator line)

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:59 PM

Looks fading?

So I may need glasses soon....BFD.

Says a lot, for a blue box, in my opinion...

You might want to read the entire post. I've addressed the no pic question, Miss icon.

"Looks" has nothing to do with your need for glasses. It's related to your lack of viable man options as YOU grow older, and MEN start to look for a younger version of you.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:54 PM

I am confident in my professional life and personally like being the girl in the relationship. If he spends more time in the mirror than I do then there is a problem.

My father was the dominant "figure" in our household but we all knew Mom was the boss.

You definately get it, Tulsa.

Thanks!! Now if I can just find the masculine guy for the other half of this girly/manly relationship, I'll have it made!!

I'm sure you will. You realize that men and women are different, have different needs, and are NOT equal in some ways. But, being able to adjust to the differences and sometimes doing things that are outside of our comfort zone, to please the other person, makes all the difference.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:45 PM

It was a fixed rate but only a one year term at a time on each of the three properties. They wanted to raise their rates to 16 3/4% at the next renewal. That's just getting greedy.
I wasn't so much worried about myself, as I can go to any bank and secure a loan or a mortage but for others who might not be able to do that. I chose to sell because of personal reasons, not because I couldn't get alternative financing.

You might not be aware of this but I'm in Canada and things might be a little different here than they are in the US.

Nevertheless, you did sign an agreement that allowed the bank to raise the interest, no?

The bank is just raising the interest based on the prime rate in Canada, which is about 4.5%, 6.5% to the consumer.

Typically, short term fixed rate loans, with adjustable back ends, do go up 10%. These loans have a special purpose, which doesn't seem to fit the reason you signed the contract. The "value" of this loan is to pay it off in a year. You should have never gotten into the loan, if you could not pay it off in a year. This type of loan is designed for an inverstor, who has property that he's going to sell in a one year time frame, and pay off the loan. This loan was not designed to be paid off over 30 years. The rate goes up 10%, sort of, like a late payment penalty. The idea, however, is to pay off the loan off in one year. If no one told you that the loan would go up 10% after one year, that is criminal. However, if you knew it was going to go up after one year, then you needed to pay it off in one year.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:32 PM

I am confident in my professional life and personally like being the girl in the relationship. If he spends more time in the mirror than I do then there is a problem.

My father was the dominant "figure" in our household but we all knew Mom was the boss.

You definately get it, Tulsa.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:31 PM

Well Italian, have you considered the possiblity that maybe your ex was a bull dyke who just didn't want to dissapoint her family and come out of the proverbial closet? Or perhaps you ex was transgender and just kept it from you? Maybe you were dating a once beautiful man whose looks began to fade while his interest in sports center peaked?........See, I have to wonder if maybe the problem isn't with the significant other, but rather the problem is you.....drinker smokin

These kinds of comments are not contributing to the discussion and are offensive.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:29 PM
Thank God, Stacey is back!

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:27 PM

I got a Visa Platinum card, and it is only like 9% interest. I was astonished when I got such a low interest rate card considering I am only 19!

This occurs because you are first time borrower, and the banks are willing to extend small lines of credit to first time borrowers, because even if you default, the $ are relatively low compared to a 25K line.

Just keep making your payments on time, keep your debt to income ratio low, and in 5 years, you'll be looking at the lowest possible rate on a fixed interest mortgage.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:24 PM

I got cards thaT ARE 9% AND SOME HOVERING AT 11% AND TWO THAT TEASE AND WILL BOUNCE TO 23% IF i STAGNATE A CARRY OVER BALANCE.

That does not add up to all the statistical mumbo jumbo.

Credit score here is 730.

Capital One gives me 3.99% on transfers.

??????????????????????

The statistics are based on your credit score group, not your personal payment history...

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:22 PM

It was my mortage company that wanted to raise my rates when it was up for renewal, not a credit card company. They've found new and more lucrative ways of making money through lending to people who have less than stellar credit hopefully CAN'T pay their rates and default.
They then reposses the property and do a quick clean up and resell through a realty company they also own. Thus making money from every available angle at the expense of people who have a poor credit history. Some people just can't go to a bank and apply for a mortage when these "predators" want to jack their rates or take it all away from them.
It's a dirty business and I wanted away from them altogether. I could have gone to a bank but chose to sell instead. Not everyone has that option.

Kid, you're not seeing it from the bank's point of view...

The contract you entered with your mortgage company was adjustable based on the prevailing interest rates. They had every right to raise it. If you wanted a fixed rate, then it would have been prudent to obtain one. However, most people that find themselves in an ARM, are there because they are not being offered a fixed, due to their credit history. An ARM is just that, "Adjustable", so they can raise the interest, per the contract you signed.

However, it sounds like what your saying is that maybe the bank shouldn't have loaned you the money in the first place. If so, I agree. The concept of an ARM to me is insane. How can you lend someone money, to the limit of what they can afford, and then expect them to come up with more money, for more interest? I think the FDIC really missed the ball, in allowing ARM's to be offered, and we're seeing the effects of that now.

You did exactly the right thing. Sell the property out from under them. Most people are waiting for a miricle from president Bush, in the meantime, their equity is dropping. Those folks who wait are going to end up selling their place anyway, and paying off the balance on the mortgage for a property they don't even own....

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:12 PM

Great story Kidatheart! I don't blame you for not wanting to do business with them. Kinda like fair-weather friends. They give the low rates to folks who don't really need it, and gouge the rest.

Italian, it doesn't seem fair that a person could have good credit and be penalized when it comes to how they are treated individually. What SHOULD count is the ACTUAL repayment history of a person. The best indicator of future performance is past performance...... it's like you're stating the credit companies assume you are going to default and then just treat you that way. There's something wrong in that..........

The credit card companies don't assume you are going to default. They use risk models that say: given a person with credit score X, they have a Y percentage chance of default. So, if we offer card A, to people with a credit score of X, then we can assume that Y percent of the people will default. Then, the cost of paying off that Y percent of defaultors is Z, which is then passed on the consumer through interest rates, W.

Here is the simplified formula, where total credit line of the credit card population equals C.

Z = C * Y (total default $ = total credit line * percent default)

W = Z/C (consumer interest rate = total default $ / total credit line)

If credit score A, results in Y = 10%
and

If credit score B, results in Y = 20%
then

The credit card companies have to charge more interest because there are more defaultors with credit score B.

This is, of course, a simplified formula, which does not include many things like overhead.

The bottom line is, you are charged interest rates, based on the likliness of someone in your group (i.e. credit score) to default.

The offering of credit, the types of credit lines, and interest rates are all regulated by the FDIC.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:55 PM

Great story Kidatheart! I don't blame you for not wanting to do business with them. Kinda like fair-weather friends. They give the low rates to folks who don't really need it, and gouge the rest.

Italian, it doesn't seem fair that a person could have good credit and be penalized when it comes to how they are treated individually. What SHOULD count is the ACTUAL repayment history of a person. The best indicator of future performance is past performance...... it's like you're stating the credit companies assume you are going to default and then just treat you that way. There's something wrong in that..........

Rose, In theory what you are saying makes sense. However, credit card companies can't offer different rates to individual people for the same card.

Since credit card companies are regulated by the FDIC, they would have to provide all of the complex models they used to calculate each person's individual rate to the FDIC for evaluation. The overhead in doing this would be enormous. It makes most business sense to offer different interest rates to different risk groups.

The best way to decrease your interest rate is to pay your cards on time for about a year, then find another card with a lower interest rate and transfer your balance.

You can never make late payments these days, or miss a payment. The card companies now seiously penalize you for this, because you are a greater risk to default. However, to avoid getting dinged for making a late payment, call the card company in advance. Many times you can pay a week or two late, and avoid the hit to your credit report, if you call them.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:40 PM
Edited by italian_half on Sun 12/09/07 04:41 PM

It is as though the credit card companies are saying to existing debtors, " Money is more expensive at this moment and we can increase our rate of return. Pay off your account balance so we can lend our capital at a higher rate of return to others. But if you choose to maintain your account balance with us, then expect that you will meet our requirements for a higher rate of return in this present market. It is your choice. Thank you for maintaining our profitability and we look forward to your continued support of our needs."

Ridiculously ludicrous and absurd, don't you think?

It is legal theft and abuse of good will and good faith.

Wouldee, this is the EXCACT attitude the lender that held my mortage had. My mortage was up for renewal, actually three of them, all with the same outfit and they wanted to jack the percentage to credit card rates.
I decided to sell the two commercial properties I had and pay all of my debt off and tell them to go F**K themselves. bigsmile
Now they want to lend me money at a significantly lower rate again. laugh

Kid. Unfortunately, the statistical models work that way. Since you once owed money, and subsequently paid it off, your risk to default has gone down, hence the credit card companies are able to offer you a lower rate.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:33 PM

Italian, you are right about some people being irresponsible, but then, shouldn't the credit card companies tighten up on who they give cards to? I can't open my mailbox without there being some kind of credit card offer! I throw them in the trash! If the companies would quit shoving these in people's faces, it might help.
And interest rates are STILL too high, even with what you describe!

Credit card companies and banks in general should tighten up their guidelines, in terms of who they lend money to; it would be good for our economy.

However, if the guidelines where tightened, then people would say, "I've got an income to debt ratio of 30%, how come I don't qualify?".

If banks and credit card companies tightened their credit offer guidelines, and only extended offers of credit to people, who could statistically pay off the debt, with the least risk of default, then only people with very good credit would be extended a credit card offers. Once you start extending credit card offers to people with less than perfect credit, statistically your odds of that person defaulting on their credit line increase, and thus the need for an increase in interest to pay off the defaultors debts.

The interest rates a credit card company offers you can never be bound by your individual credit report. They have to look at the entire population of people they offer a given card to, and assess risk and interest rates based on that population. So, regardless of your individual credit history, your interest rates will be tied to the population of people offered the same card, under the same qualification criteria.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:20 PM

Italian, you are right about some people being irresponsible, but then, shouldn't the credit card companies tighten up on who they give cards to? I can't open my mailbox without there being some kind of credit card offer! I throw them in the trash! If the companies would quit shoving these in people's faces, it might help.
And interest rates are STILL too high, even with what you describe!

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:31 PM

The point is this: A woman that tries to compete with a man, in a relationship (i.e. tries to show him up, or boast about her career, or he lack of need for a man) is unattractive to a man. Second, a woman that takes on manly traits, like watching sports centers, or trying to be "like a man" in her interests, is unattractive to men.

Ok, enough of this "manly traits" garbage...who says watching sports is trying to be "like a man"? I grew up in a family where we all watched sports together. The men I know love the fact that I can talk sports with them and be able to know what I am talking about. At work during breaks we women sit together and discuss sports, the men join us and we all have a blast together.

As for the "lack of needing a man in my life", I would love to meet someone and be in a relationship but if it doesn't happen I will be fine. I want to have someone in my life but I don't need someone in order to be happy with my life.

Good luck to you in your search for what ever you are hoping to find in life.

The male friends may enjoy a woman's knowledge of sports, but they definately don't want to get into a relationship with her. Who wants a woman that owns more cleats than they do?

Women can certainly have a blast talking sports, drinking beer, and high fiving their guy pals, but the point is men don't want a beer chugging, sports center watching girl for long - unless she's hot. Then they might have sex during Monday Night Football and call it over.

It's perfectly fine not to need anyone. That's probably a good quality to have, given the uncertainy of life. But, the point is, getting into a relationship with a man - if you are a career minded woman - means not competeting with the man. That doesn't mean you can't expect to be treated very well in return. (That goes without saying.) But in order for the relationship to have a decent chance of success, a career minded woman should not try to compete in the relationship.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:20 PM

italian_half, I don't see how one belittleing another has anything to do with gender. It's wrong no matter who does it. Whether it's in a relationship or a parent or at work from a coworker or an employer. I won't stand for it from anyone, male or female. This has nothing to do with competitveness or the ability to earn money. That's called being an a$$hole!laugh

Please re-read my post, sir, on "be-littling", I shared your sentiments.

italian_half's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:17 PM

Here is the truth

1.) "The bossman syndrome" Men do like to feel they are in charge in a relationship. I know this comes as a shock and goes against the grain of what many career women experience in the office, but at home, a man likes to feel in charge of the relationship. (Sorry, we're wired that way)

2.) We don't want someone to try to compete with us. We'd love to hear about your day, but we don't want to be compared to or looked down on. Many women with successful careers think less of men who haven't acheived the same level of success (and tend to compete against any man). In relationships, as in the office, these women still feel they need to prove something to a man.

Truth sheesh! is this yours?

What about the women that do work long hours to help provide for the family? We are still expected to come home and cook dinner for our family now how is that for a double standard.

I do NOT feel the need to have to prove myself to anyone. I'm blessed to have the job I do, I earned my postion the hard way...putting my time in and doing a good job.

Interesting, you say many successful women look down on men. My sisters are quite successful in their careers also and the men in our lives encourage and compliment us.

I'm not sure if the point can be made any clearer...

This discussion is NOT about who does the cooking. Some women are obsessed with 1950's thinking, and their radar goes off, if a man suggests that a woman not boast about her career, or lack of need for a man. The suggestion is that a career minded woman not try to compete with her partner. NOT that a woman should be in the kitchen, making babies...

Regarding the compliments your sisters have received from their spouses, that makes sense, given they are not boasting about their career, or comparing their careers to their husbands on a nightly basis. A woman can be more sucessful than a man and make the relationship work, but the point is...

A woman that tries to compete with a man, in a relationship (i.e. tries to show him up, or boast about her career, or he lack of need for a man) is unattractive to a man. Second, a woman that takes on manly traits, like watching sports centers, or trying to be "like a man" in her interests, is unattractive to men.