Community > Posts By > _kismet_

_kismet_'s photo
Sat 12/01/07 05:08 PM

Usually, by the time I get those emails, they've already been found out, and their accounts terminated.

HOWEVER, I did manage to correspond with one for a while - I told her my name was Richard Ramirez, and I lived in a place in California called "San Quentin". She must have caught on, because the letters suddenly stopped.

There's actually a group of people on the web doing similar, but on a much grander scale - scamming the scam artists: check out this link: www.419eater.com

_kismet_'s photo
Thu 11/29/07 07:26 PM

My daughter.

And not just to have her visit for the holidays. My Xmas wish is to see her come over not with presents, but with a suitcase.

I've got some spoiling to do :smile:

_kismet_'s photo
Wed 11/28/07 06:38 PM

You really cant judge someone from a picture. Seriously. You're better off reading the profiles,etc.

People wouldn't like it if the match screen chopped off their
face when showing their picture. But you're the first to point out that it *does* chop off part of your personality - by only printing the first few lines of the profile.

And when I click on the person's image, to go read their profile, I find that the match screen has 'issues'. Using the browser's 'back' button doesn't return you to where you were - and who knows who you've missed? I wonder if I missed 'her' - whoever she is ...

_kismet_'s photo
Tue 11/27/07 06:56 PM

Hello my name is “Payback”
They call me “Karma” for short
I’m the one we all rely on
To settle the score…

Now, you just *know* you'd be hearing from a guy like me, with a name like mine, on a subject like this.

Karma, (or kismet), isn't really a payback. It's a life lesson.
If someone should, for instance, look down on someone with a disability, the karma will have someone close to him be disabled, or he'll get disabled, or he'll end up working with someone disabled.

Why? To pay him back for the indiscretion ? No, to make him get *closer* to the disabled. A payback would push you farther away.
The kismet would end up making you closer.

I'm not splitting hairs; but maybe a lot of it *does* have to do with one's outlook, because if someone doesn't learn the life lesson, they end up staying back, and taking the class again.

When life hands you gators, make Gatorade.

_kismet_'s photo
Thu 11/22/07 05:49 PM
I've already been there. And it was eerily similar, but I made sure it never made it as far as the coffee getting poured.

Was it my business? Yes, it was - I was eating with my daughter and I felt I should protect her not just from the physical stuff, but the emotional shock.

If she had wanted to go with me to say, a Bruins game, then that would be quite another thing. But we were having breakfast.
She talked about it for a while, so I know it bugged her for a while, and it even bugged her that I didn't try to *talk* him down, but she says now it was probably the right thing to do.

_kismet_'s photo
Wed 11/21/07 03:58 PM

>>I found something in a post a while back, that a person had
>> claimed they were very honest and earnest in being truthful,
>> and yet they posted a pic off the web, that I also have and
>> know it is not this person's pic,

Well, you are holding yourself up to the same scrutiny now, Jess.
Some here could take the same issue with you , and your pic: did you really just cut a hole in your shorts for the tail to come out? Some might go as far to claim that your tail is merely *prosthetic*...

_kismet_'s photo
Tue 11/20/07 07:28 PM

>> I think I'm in love!
>> What's a way to say "I think I love you" with actually
>> using those words

I think it can happen. You might be one of those special people who it happens to that fast. Almost a 'love at first sight'.

But even the rest of us, who take a while to grow into love, find that we're finally saying it looooong after we think we know it. Waiting for the perfect moment. Terrified of the reply - or lack of it.

And when we finally do come out with it, when we feel we can hold it in no longer, we are pretty sure how our other half is going to reply. How is that? Because we are reading each other. We are both looking for the same clues from each other - in other words, we were *showing* each other that we were in love, before we actually said it.

So, maybe you do want to try another way to say it, without using the "L-word". But try showing it first. He'll notice not by you buying him a new shirt, but by noticing how your face lights up when you walk in the room. He'll notice that you're suddenly at a loss for the right words, at times. And look at his eyes, carefully. Because you may see that he's trying to say the same thing to you, and by not saying those same words.

Good luck.

_kismet_'s photo
Sun 11/18/07 07:09 PM
I'm from Haverhill. Its up near the New Hampshire border. Please tell me you don't need to look up where New hampshire is.

_kismet_'s photo
Sun 11/18/07 04:07 AM
I'm betting most places in the world know the Canadians are in the middle east. Except americans. Some of them still think of canada as an american protectorate.

But some of us, myself included, still remember what you guys did for us during the *last* Iranian hostage crisis. I say *last*, because its looking more and more like we're gonna get caught up again, and your PM will get another middle-of-the-night phone call from us ...

_kismet_'s photo
Sun 11/18/07 03:58 AM

catchme_ifucan : I don't drink because I don't like to miss all the nuance of living thats going on constantly around us. While I suppose most of us need to loosen our ties now and then, I don't need to be any more uninhibited. :tongue:

_kismet_'s photo
Fri 11/16/07 06:37 PM

I'm not going to say here what I wear.

Why? Because I want it unique. I learned long ago that your sense of smell helps you remember, or can bring back memories. It can help make you unforgettable.

But if I'm wearing what a dozen other guys are wearing, then I just might be jogging her memory about *him*, whoever he may be.

_kismet_'s photo
Fri 11/16/07 06:29 PM
I wasn't 'chewed up and spit out', but I wasn't asking for pix, either. But what happened was, when I first set my profile up, I had a third pic, of myself shirtless, which I *thought* I had set to private. oops!

I quickly received 'advice' on just how tacky it was. It was after I corrected my cybersnafu that I actually started receiving mail.

so kudos to the gal who set me straight, you know who you are.
it was a delicate mix of assertiveness, and femininity. thanx.

_kismet_'s photo
Mon 11/12/07 02:47 PM
47 here, but I only look 46 1/2 .. I promise. ;)
Just joined, so Im digging around for a pic now. Hi, all!

_kismet_'s photo
Mon 11/12/07 02:44 PM
I just joined up now, so the only people I've 'met' are you people... who, BTW, seem pretty damn friendly :p