Community > Posts By > KalamazooGuy87

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 08:53 PM

You WANT ME? to believe that they are telling the truth, when people on a daily basis get paid off from drug companies to hide certain information?

You're confusing science with tecnnology and business.

How do scientists get paid, theyre not volunteers remember this!!!!!!!

THERES NO MONEY IN A CURE =)

You're confusing scientists with technologists, but it's no wonder since people abuse these terms all the time even in industry. So you're not alone in that.

But just so you know, you're pointing fingers in the wrong directions.

Abra Scientists make money through what..... im making sence here...

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 08:48 PM

You are quite right in your assumption. Unfortunately assumptions have created warsglasses

Actually I am pretty sure that most wars have had their roots in religion.

Acutally it is money and power.....

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 08:47 PM

lol OK then, some other infection. Are you saying that you have not needed medicine once in your life?

i have yes.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 08:45 PM
which its also known that most astronauts get saved after traveling out in space.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 08:41 PM

You WANT ME? to believe that they are telling the truth, when people on a daily basis get paid off from drug companies to hide certain information?

Remember this the next time that you have syphilis and need antibiotics or need some surgery after an accident. Seems to me you have a lot of faith in men and science then. Or you could just pray to God to cure you and see how far that gets you.

its gotten me quite far actually, to the point where i wont ever need antibiotics for that use =)

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:56 PM

Yes and you are attempting to assert here that evangelical Christians are absolutely corruption free? Of course none of them are involved with narcotic sales, prostitution, adultery, racism, theft or whatever else. Isnt their something in your book of fables there about "not throwing rocks in a glass house" ?

You are getting me wrong then, im saying it is entirly possible that "Christians" are capable of being more evil than the "Athesists" after all the most evil was an Angel himself... You do get me wrong, what i am saying is dont think that those "Christians" are really Christians, they are wolves in sheeps clothing, this is my point, MAN have the ability to do evil things

Well most any atheist I have met has at least been straight forward about who he or she is. They dont attempt to put on a cloak of piousness because they dont require that bologna. What you see is what you get.

maybe some people over exter themselves on becoming the perfect christian, they lead themselves to hate, failure since perfection is impossible. No ones perfect dont blame God because people are capable of being such

No one is blaming god. This is the second time I have had to say this. I dont personally believe in this "god" character. I have already told you it is an invented premise created by a bunch of agenda driven men. I blame people for their own mistakes. Of course no one is perfect. It does not require perfection to be able to disseminate between right and wrong. Stoning young women to death because they are not virgins is indeed listed in the bible as just cause for murder. That is not about being perfect. That is about creating monsters.

quote where this is then we will discuss it =)

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:51 PM
We as people try to hid our sins, even though it is apparent that no one is perfect, we are afraid of being judged so we lie hide and decieve others into believing we are somthing we are not... God is the only one who will judge us, because judgement should never be a equal judgement since every story is different (exceptions). We allow this into our lives, this evil and eventually becomes us.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:46 PM

Yes and you are attempting to assert here that evangelical Christians are absolutely corruption free? Of course none of them are involved with narcotic sales, prostitution, adultery, racism, theft or whatever else. Isnt their something in your book of fables there about "not throwing rocks in a glass house" ?

You are getting me wrong then, im saying it is entirly possible that "Christians" are capable of being more evil than the "Athesists" after all the most evil was an Angel himself... You do get me wrong, what i am saying is dont think that those "Christians" are really Christians, they are wolves in sheeps clothing, this is my point, MAN have the ability to do evil things

Well most any atheist I have met has at least been straight forward about who he or she is. They dont attempt to put on a cloak of piousness because they dont require that bologna. What you see is what you get.

maybe some people over exter themselves on becoming the perfect christian, they lead themselves to hate, failure since perfection is impossible. No ones perfect dont blame God because people are capable of being such

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:42 PM
We like to have things our way, i think Burger King is the partner in crime in this case.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:40 PM

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:36 PM

You see what im getting at though? In all honesty who is doing that acts, God or People? You may claim that these people did these acts in Gods name but thats not even a credible arguement in a real world dicsussion. Reading the bible it will state that many people who do evil will do evil in his name yet are not of him....

Yeah I see exactly what you are getting at. You are attempting to not take any responsibility for the hatred espoused in this bible who was supposedly written by men who were "divinely inspired" in some capacity. People threw the actual stones and committed these unthinkable crimes because they felt obliged to based on the scripture. What I quoted a couple pages back was a direct cause for stoning detailed in the bible. If you look over this thread I think I posted about 4-5 others. Some of them were comical I will admit but not this one. Im sorry sir but I think my argument is pretty dam credible. These followers of Christendom felt justified in committing these atrocities.

Can they claim like it says in the bible to be men of God? Can men lie? People who hate God will claim to follow in his footsteps and actually be evil people... Charles Manson a man of God eh?

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:33 PM

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:28 PM
moreless they explain what is out there, dont think though that I disagree with science or scientists, but dont tell me im crazy for believing in God when those same people believe in man....

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:21 PM

Having "faith" in science is an oxymoron. Faith is believing something which cannot be proven. Science is the art of proving and testing and proving again and testing and adjusting and testing somemore, etc and so on to get to a solid "theory". Which after all of that testing "theory" is a stretch but that is the great thing about science they do not claim that their answer is eternal, nor does it lead to eternal damnation if you do not "believe" it.:wink: laugh

Faith is believing, period

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:15 PM
Edited by KalamazooGuy87 on Fri 09/26/08 06:16 PM

You clearly don't know the difference between science, technology, and business.

However, just to make a point.

If you believe in the Bible you are putting your faith in the MEN who wrote it.

You can only put your faith in man.

Who told you that the Bible was the word of God?

Did God tell you that?

Highly unlikely.

If God could talk to you directly he'd hardly need to write a book!

Putting your faith in the Bible is putting you faith in MEN!

Absolutely. You trust them not to lie to you!

But my friend, I'm afriad they have!

Im explaining man has the ability to so such, regarless of thier professions

As the Textsbooks in the fields of science get re-written the Bible does not, The word of the God is written by men that God himself the words to write, what ever you may believe is up to you, So to bring myself to your level on this point, yes i do believe in such men.

Abra again you agrue the same point, So lets leave the Bible alone and concentrate for a minute the reason i do believe in God, The bible is only the evidence, God is much deeper than the bible.... Abra

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 05:49 PM
Edited by KalamazooGuy87 on Fri 09/26/08 05:52 PM
You see what im getting at though? In all honesty who is doing that acts, God or People? You may claim that these people did these acts in Gods name but thats not even a credible arguement in a real world dicsussion. Reading the bible it will state that many people who do evil will do evil in his name yet are not of him....

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 05:45 PM
keep up the good work!

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 05:45 PM
The Topic have faith in Science, sure but faith is all or nothing is it not. Put all your faith in somthing that is known "factual" that is not entirely true, but mostly theories and enducated guesses. There is truth in science yes as we uncover more, God has already laid it out. Why believe in man/science when most of here dont even have faith in our own families much less people who claim to be a credible person? Why should we have faith in man when we all here know that we as humans are capable of being deception and have our opinions turned and manipulated for monetary gains? You WANT ME? to believe that they are telling the truth, when people on a daily basis get paid off from drug companies to hide certain information? I have no Faith in Man or in evidence found by man that we call science. We are very capable of lying and do so in most instances, are we not watching the news?

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 05:43 PM
The Topic have faith in Science, sure but faith is all or nothing is it not. Put all your faith in somthing that is known "factual" that is not entirely true, but mostly theories and enducated guesses. There is truth in science yes as we uncover more, God has already laid it out. Why believe in man/science when most of here dont even have faith in our own families much less people who claim to be a credible person? Why should we have faith in man when we all here know that we as humans are capable of being deception and have our opinions turned and manipulated for monetary gains? You WANT ME? to believe that they are telling the truth, when people on a daily basis get paid off from drug companies to hide certain information? I have no Faith in Man or in evidence found by man that we call science.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 05:36 PM

Plus these would have been GIRLS. Women were betrothed probably in their teen years. So they were in effect stoning girls probably as young as 14 years old. Basically they would stone to death a suspected non virgin OR a woman who had been raped. To me it is unfathomable. This god was a misogynist.

Exactly.

People often say to me. How can you suggest that God is an idiot?

I'm not suggesting that God is an idiot.

All I'm saying is that the biblical picture portarys a God that is an idiot.

Therefore the Bible MUST BE WRONG!

Because it's unfathamable to believe that God is an idiot!

This is what I'm talking about Eljay.

You can't just sit back and say, "I blieve that Jesus die for my sins", and leave it at that.

It's not that easy.

You must believe in the entire bibilcal story!

It's absolutely necessary!

Otherwise you're just kidding yourself.

The bible must be wrong because in you opinion it portrays God as an idiot????????? alot of grey areas there =)

There are things in the Bible which God even says there are things we cannot comprehend, things of which you speak of. Same discussion different day, Really why arnt we talking about Space and how scientists have figured that out =), you mean its somthing so vast they cannot comprehend it? Wait, your saying they throw ideas in the air and come up with somthing that may be feasable, and you rely on this for your faith =)

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25