Community > Posts By > KalamazooGuy87

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 10:11 PM

and maybe there is a reason so I don't worry about it

I dont most of the time =\ but when the reason becomes apparent its always good to look back and say, i understand now. =)

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 10:10 PM
""Firstly, Satan is a creation of god. Why? Why put temptation in the way of weak humanity if it was not to punish them for taking it.
That is not the sign of a loving father.""

I wanted to answer this as well. Think about it though, TO give man a choice, life is choices from the day your born until you die. Not to punish them, to allow man to have choices. Loving father... you have children? If so do you give them choices or plan to shelter them until they die.. maybe this is just me but it seems these questions arnt thought through?

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 10:07 PM

maybe sometimes stuff just happens?

sure i believe it does, but somtimes things happen and we dont understand why and somtimes wont for years... luck of the draw i suppose

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 10:04 PM
because i live in a society where i am gratful for the abundance of food, remember what my country was founded upon, in god we trust, now that God is being taken out of all the country is founded upon, watch in yours and my lifetime watch the change in sucess that the USA has had. That is an experience in my eyes.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 10:02 PM

You just dont know why things happen is why you ask all these question.. Why did starvation start? Could it have been due to people not relying on God anymore...? Have you noticed the increase in death, MAn-Man murder theft natural disaster due to people taking God out of thier life but yet we blame God more???? how ironic...

If i take you serious

-Believers are more than happy to praise their god during the good events, yet they never blame him for the bad.--

If your serious then you live a unhappy life, instead of being greatful for what you have you are unhappy with what you dont have, that is a horrible way to live, because all 180 people could have died, you dont know why it happened they way it did but in time it all makes sence....

Ok first off ... I do not hate anyone or their religious beliefs.
If you want to believe something then Im ok with that. But when you hold it up as the only way, then I will ask questions and cite real-world examples, and expect you to justify why you believe what you believe.

I live in Egypt, in the Sinai Desert..
18 people have been kidnapped in the south near Sudan and Libya.
Bombs go off all the time, they caught three terrorists carrying bombs on a ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba last week and I am an hour from the Israeli border.

So, I am grateful for my days. Im grateful that I can sit on my rooftop and look over the Red Sea to my right and the mountains to my left in total peace and quiet, and yet know that it could all be snatched away in a millisecond if some jewish or muslim fundie decides to blow someone or something up like they did 3 years ago 2 miles from where I live now.

That being said.

Firstly, Satan is a creation of god. Why? Why put temptation in the way of weak humanity if it was not to punish them for taking it.
That is not the sign of a loving father.

Secondly, you have done the classic religious thing of changing the subject subtly that you answer my question with another question.

So, to bring it back to my original point.
Why does god allow millions of people in Africa to starve?

You said

Why did starvation start? Could it have been due to people not relying on God anymore...? Have you noticed the increase in death

Starvation starts when crops fail due to no rain and people have nothing to eat.
No rain? Surely thats a simple thing for god to do. After all he managed to create the world in 6 days.

How can babies and children who have nothing to eat, and are days from death, a painfully slow death, be accused of giving up god?

When was the last time you went a week without food or water, to find that the water you have been given is tainted?

The increase in death is due to environmental conditions. If we are to believe your stance then your god created the environmental conditions, therefore he is responsible for the starvation of millions.

Hardly a loving god, is it?

Starvation starts when crops fail due to no rain and people have nothing to eat, when in reality you are in a luxurious position of being in a society that has too much food and disposes of it as opposed to feeding your own homeless.

I dont change the subject, im not God so i cannot answer your questions, however i can say that "
Starvation starts when crops fail due to no rain and people have nothing to eat" No rain is cause from... eventually... there is a reason, eventually, we dont know why, in the end we will.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:51 PM

We are talking about putting our faith in MAN who do these types of things is what im saying here.

The Bible is no different.

When you put your faith in the Bible you're putting your faith in the men who wrote it.

Men who had agendas. They wanted to justify their wars and murdering sinners by claiming that their God told them to it!

They wanted to justify keeping women as second class citizens by claiming that this was God's will.

I have absolutely no reason at all to believe that the Bible was anything other than the invention of men who had adgendas.

When I reject the Bible, I'm not rejecting God. I'm rejecting the men who wrote it as frauds!

Abra i dont put my faith in the Bible, i put all my faith in God, not the bible... Hear me out and read this 2 or 3 times.... I believe in God, and because i believe in him, not because i read the bible. I believe in him because of my experiences with him, not because the bible is in existance... But becasue i believe in God i follow the bible as guidence at times. Granted there are many points in the bible i dont understand, i realize no one in this world knows everything or much... WE want to know but some things are beyond us, space for instance..

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:48 PM

We have the strength, but do we use it? If i give you my number to call me in emergency, but you dont call me and you die? is it my fault? Simple example but gets to the point... His son could have and did have the option to have his father remove him from the cross. All he had to do was ask but he died on the cross, and you know the rest where are you comming up with these points abra?

Any God who demands blood sacrifices before he can forgive sins deserves to be nailed to a pole.

You dismiss the original stupidity of the God demanding blood sacrifices to pay for sins in the first place.

If he designed creation with these stupid rules then he has no one but himself to blame for his situation.

It's pretty simple Kalamzoo man.

Either God made up these rules arbitrary or he HAD NO CHOICE!

If he made these rules up aribitarily then he's stupid.

If he had no choice then he's not all powerful and clearly he's being restrained by something even greater than him.

Designing a creation where sin can only be forgiven via a blood sacrifice is nothing short of stupid.

Period Amen.

You expect me to believe that God is stupid?

Clearly the biblical picture of God is a fraud. It's pure and simple.

Why would you fight for such a stupid story to be true based entirely on faith?

Do you want this story to be true?

What if you discovered that it was a lie and that the real creator of this universe never had to send a son to die for your sins on a cross.

Would you be dissapointed?

Why do you want to believe in this story on FAITH?

As far as I'm concerned, if you can't give me a reason to beleive it other than faith, then there's no reason why I should want to believe it.

Why would I want to believe such a horrible story on FAITH alone?

I tell you this,...

Almost EVERY manmade myth has stories of men making blood sacrifices to their Gods. Yet they're gods all want something different so they can't posssible be all from the same God.

Now I ask you,...

What are the CHANCES that the real creator of this universe would just HAPPEN by pure accident to be appeased by blood sacrifices?

Just by a freak accident God happens to want the very same things that men are known to make up superstitions about.

I don't believe that God ever asked anyone for a blood sacrifice.

Now why would I want to have FAITH that he would?

If I'm going to have FAITH in something I'd rather have FAITH that the bible isn't true!

Woudln't you?

Wouldn't you rather know that it wasn't necessary for God to sacrifice himself for you arrogant disobedience?

Why would you want to place your FAITH in a story that says that you're guilty of such a thing?

Why do you want that to be true?

What is a BLOOD sacrifice? look into it ABRA, is eating a Dog bad? In America it is frowned upon as horrid yet is there much difference in a dog vs a cow? Societal changes, which have changed much in 2008 years Abra im disapointed in that comment, little thought there. But then again Man made up these rules lol, awful farfetched dont you think? Blood is sacred and due to society its somthing im not too comfortable with however "only the strongest survived" applied back then which generally required injured people to stay behind in a group and eventually die, would i do that to my own family no, but it happened. Society changes

You dont want to believe, in fear of actually believing, i see that just in your posts, look at them, i could answer each question, most likely not to your liking but again what does it solve? I will answer 1 part though

"What if you discovered that it was a lie and that the real creator of this universe never had to send a son to die for your sins on a cross. "

Abra this is faith, faith to the point under which no circumstance is this possible to me, without visual seeing, God is in existance to me, through my heart, and me personally, i have seen answers to my questions though time, visually there. That question is not possible, Like to you finding that you arnt real. This is faith Abra.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:37 PM

get thee behind me satan

... and who was responsible for satan and hell?

Another one of god's screw ups!

"Doesnt look like he doing well at all in the polls this morning, Don"

"But here's the weather"

So if you blame God for Satans Actions, please say that God controls your Actions as well? OR do you not make your own decisions, please subtract the hatred from your discussion

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:36 PM

Lets assume your god exists.
Just two questions.
Why doesnt he/she/it feed the starving millions in Africa?
Why doesnt he/she/it make it rain in the places it needs water?

Lets assume your being serious...

1) ask him why, im not God

2) have people prayed onto him for rain or food? Have you done such?

Ask the source if you want a direct answer because if you are being serious and wanted a actual reply, i believe you wouldnt be asking me.

But you purport to know about god. So surely you should be asking him.
Are you saying starvation is not god's fault?

Do you thank god before a meal for the food on your table? If so, why??
He did not put it there.

If you say "Thank the lord for this food", you are stating that he had responsibility in putting it there.

Therefore, if he gives food to you, why does he withhold it from others?
If you think he does not withhold it from others, then you better not thank him for the food you have.

Another way to think of it is this way. You might say "Praise the lord that those 80 people survived that plane crash."
But you don't blame the lord for those 100 people died in the plane crash...
Believers are more than happy to praise their god during the good events, yet they never blame him for the bad.

You just dont know why things happen is why you ask all these question.. Why did starvation start? Could it have been due to people not relying on God anymore...? Have you noticed the increase in death, MAn-Man murder theft natural disaster due to people taking God out of thier life but yet we blame God more???? how ironic...

If i take you serious

-Believers are more than happy to praise their god during the good events, yet they never blame him for the bad.--

If your serious then you live a unhappy life, instead of being greatful for what you have you are unhappy with what you dont have, that is a horrible way to live, because all 180 people could have died, you dont know why it happened they way it did but in time it all makes sence....

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:31 PM
almost like parents vs the children

The parents say someday youll understand why, but the kids doesnt want to hear it, cant, its not fair. Grows up and experiences it. Understands. This is the problem with people, they have to "experience" it to believe it, they dont really care about facts, it is experiences. Every religious person has an experience, every Athesist doesnt, and the Athesists....hopefully wont be too late. Gotta love man and thier ability to be stubborn. Argue up a storm but if these people really wanted to prove it to themselves? They would make a all out attempt at the heart to find God. Fear of actually finding him?

Fear of failing in a psycologists mind is actually fear of Suceeding... =)

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:26 PM

I never understood why people who don't believe in God feel that no one else should be allowed to believe and spend so much effort trying to debunk him

Its kinda like the love-hate dilema people who used to love someone end up hating them more so then people who never liked each other. Athesists generally have a connection or had some connection with a God. A relationship went bad due to issue relating to the couple, blamed an outside source and now hate the ground religion walks on. somthing most humans commonly do =)

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:23 PM
Edited by KalamazooGuy87 on Fri 09/26/08 09:24 PM

Lets assume your god exists.
Just two questions.
Why doesnt he/she/it feed the starving millions in Africa?
Why doesnt he/she/it make it rain in the places it needs water?

Lets assume your being serious...

1) ask him why, im not God

2) have people prayed onto him for rain or food? Have you done such?

Ask the source if you want a direct answer because if you are being serious and wanted a actual reply, i believe you wouldnt be asking me.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:20 PM
Edited by KalamazooGuy87 on Fri 09/26/08 09:20 PM

Believing in the study of science which means you believe that man will continue to explore and discover has absolutely no similarity to the belief that some men who wrote stories and had them edited and some rejected and some approved for a text of stories as an absolute fact. There is no similarity there sorry.

Belief or agreement is not necessarily faith. I believe that the sun will come up tomorrow. How do I believe that? I have seen it happen for 44 years. Could I be wrong, possibly but not likely. This "belief" is not based on something someone wrote in a book that I am applying to my and others lives as a way of living or they are doomed to eternal burning. Faith is a little more than just believing something.

Your belief that the sun will come up with be wrong one day Dragoness, that is if you believe in science =) but again your just throwing in non-sence that holds no weight in the purpose of this discussion

Nonsense because you cannot debate it? As for the sun coming up or not, scientifically, not in my life time, nor my childrens, or grans or great grans, etc......

Your nonsence and little comments which to me propose that you have some sort of hatred not just toward religion but Christianity...

" that some men who wrote stories"
"This "belief" is not based on something someone wrote in a book t"

Really Dragon how do YOU know the sun will come up? or does it come up or not have you been outside of Earth to actually SEE beyond the ozone layer the Sun? Or do you take a word because you have been taught it all of your life that this is the way it is....

Is this how we play ball here?

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:16 PM
And to add abra i wasnt relating Drug Companies to science, however i was relating to the people "MAN" who run the drug companies, who would rather find temporary fixes instead of finding cures. We are talking about putting our faith in MAN who do these types of things is what im saying here.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:11 PM
Edited by KalamazooGuy87 on Fri 09/26/08 09:14 PM

Abra Scientists make money through what..... im making sence here...

The greatest scientists in history seldom got paid for doing their science. In fact, many of them risked great peril for doing it!

Most of what you are talking about are the technologists of today who call themselves 'scientists'.

Especially when you refer to the people who are working on drugs for drug companies. ohwell

wait a second, most scientist in history of which you were religious, i didnt think we were talking about such people? Im talking about people within a century, the people who are attempting to study areas which science gets a little shaky, areas where most would say "this is where God steps-in" but are we talking about the scientist who thought of Gravity? Because Scientists very much do get paid for their research.....

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:08 PM

Believing in the study of science which means you believe that man will continue to explore and discover has absolutely no similarity to the belief that some men who wrote stories and had them edited and some rejected and some approved for a text of stories as an absolute fact. There is no similarity there sorry.

Belief or agreement is not necessarily faith. I believe that the sun will come up tomorrow. How do I believe that? I have seen it happen for 44 years. Could I be wrong, possibly but not likely. This "belief" is not based on something someone wrote in a book that I am applying to my and others lives as a way of living or they are doomed to eternal burning. Faith is a little more than just believing something.

Your belief that the sun will come up with be wrong one day Dragoness, that is if you believe in science =) but again your just throwing in non-sence that holds no weight in the purpose of this discussion

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:04 PM

So where could sin have come from if not from God?

Also, if God has the ability to give men the strength to resist sin, then all this says is that God withheld that trait in the beginning.

He withheld the strength we need to resist sin just so he could have his son die on a cross and make us beg for the strength to resist sin?

Sorry, that makes no sense to me. That just sounds like a really nasty God who withholds things just to make people beg for his mercy.

We have the strength, but do we use it? If i give you my number to call me in emergency, but you dont call me and you die? is it my fault? Simple example but gets to the point... His son could have and did have the option to have his father remove him from the cross. All he had to do was ask but he died on the cross, and you know the rest where are you comming up with these points abra?

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 09:01 PM

Abra....again....it's really quite simple.

First,God Created a PERFECT WORLD.

THEN Sin entered in.

It's not simple at all MorningSong.

If God was all there was in the beginning, then how could sin have 'entered in'.

Where would sin have come from if not from God?

You can't say it came from man, because man came from God. In fact, man was even created in God's image according to this story.

sigh..... Man was in the image of God, which you dont agrue that we have the right to make choices, i do believe you read the bible or some? The tree of good and evil... in which temptation after this sin was created because man ate from the tree?

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 08:56 PM

You are quite right in your assumption. Unfortunately assumptions have created warsglasses

Actually I am pretty sure that most wars have had their roots in religion.

Acutally it is money and power.....

Something traditionally held almost exclusively be religion(s)

explain.

KalamazooGuy87's photo
Fri 09/26/08 08:56 PM

I found another cause for stoning.

For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night

If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say ... these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. ... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

Um okay, if Im understanding this cryptic wording, if this broad doesn't have a hymen, they are going to stone her to death. Not all virgins have hymens to begin with and some have them but they rupture prior to actual intercourse. So I wonder how many girls were murdered over the ages simply because they didnt bleed a little after penetration or because some stupid elder could not find evidence of an intact hymen. explode mad grumble

This is the origional quote taken from scripture.

Keep reading...

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25