Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 06:22 PM
Sigh.. I vote for a Religious War!.. I"ll take my Nuks born from science, and you guys can have your crosses and bibles.. Fair deal don't you think?

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 06:07 PM

Afterwards, those three wouldn't be segregated, they wouldn't be looked down upon, they wouldn't be alienated. So don't know what your comment has anything to do with anything my friend.

You really sure about that? Kids can be dam mean when they are in their own little posse. Life beyond the intermanet can be extremely complex and unfair most of the time. Also.. If you want.. you can always bring a religious fanatic teacher who is 1 step away from blowing up a Muslim Temple into this picture.. Wonder what will happen.. hmmmm.. No way their professionalism will let them use favoritism and what not.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 05:58 PM

That's because in Christianities infancy they had to adopt Pagan beliefs in order to convince the Pagans to join the new religion. The old testament begins where Ragnarok ends!

True to a small extent...

While the adoption of Christianity into Roman culture did in fact create a lot of so-called "Christian" traditions and beliefs, there are still people who don't believe those lies...

As for the OT, it's common knowledge for most serious inquirers about the origins of the stories contained in the Torah. Check out PBS.org for the video and/or article about it.

In regards to Norse religion that is exactly what happened, like I said the old testament begins where Ragnarok ends. Ever see a photo of the statue of Mary holding Baby Jesus? It identical to Isis holding baby Horus! Christianity is a bastardized religion made up mostly from other systems of belief. Taking of wine and bread (Druidic), the "Christmas tree" (Druidic), Easter (Ostara, a nordic thing) the list goes on and on.

But I'm a Christian and I know and reject all of these things.
Granted, because of my beliefs, most "Christians" refuse to discuss anything scriptural while most non-Christians try to discuss Christianity assuming I believe and follow all the Pagan idolotry and customs.

Everything you have mentioned above is Pagan, of that I'm sure. The question now becomes whether you can mix Christianity and Paganism and still have Christianity.

If you say "yes", then what religion am I? If you say "no", then which religion are you describing above?

Fun Fact to think about:
Opinions:
Almost every so called Christians I've conversed with will have a differing opinion on their beliefs... some of which others of their groups will find blastamists and yet others will agree with.
Opinions on every scriptures; meaning that you would have to decipher it and put your OWN meanings into it. "Well.. to me, this scripture says this" don't tell me you haven't heard of that before.

I thought that book was supposed to be "the be all the ends all."

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 05:49 PM
Many of those similarities were not because people wanted to know the so called GOD, but rather the human mind's attempt at rationalizing things that they did not understand. Flat world, center of the universe, Comets are bad mojo.. etc.. this can go on forever.

Example: Many of the similar religious accounts depict the Northern Star due to its brightness in the sky.

And again.. It was their ill attempt at explaining things that are beyond their current understanding of the world.

Scientific discoveries has over and over again, discounted much of the mumbojumbo of the past.

If you are going to say that science doesn't know everything, or unable to discount the unexplainable, then you are correct. But again, throughout the ages as the exponinital growth of technology catches up to "Beyond its time" scientific theories, it has over and over again able to discount mumbojumbo ideologies.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 05:03 PM
Within life there is no right or wrong paths to which one may take; the Journey itself, is what defines who you are; there will be many bumps within your journey but like with any paths, it will fade into the distance. (original- Getting practice for my future career in writing Chinese Fortune cookies)

My dear Padawan, the essence of life is but a circle. The end of one's existence is of certainty, but with each flutter of its' wings will bring about eternal influence; from its' ashes will new life emerge, and in itself will spring torrents amongst the ocean. (another Original)

Mankind exists with shades of broken glass; once we are able to shed it aside, are we able to achieve a truly peaceful existence. (also by me!)

Mankind's achievements and follies are because of their own doing; use prudence when giving credence to those who it does not belong to. (written by Me)

Yall think I'll make it in that Industry?

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 04:55 PM
Hmmm..Christianity adopting their beliefs.. says a lot in itself.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 04:51 PM

Science vs. Religion

I personally feel that's it's an insult to science to even consider comparing it with religion.

Yeap your right; should be "Religion vs. Science"

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 04:21 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of a designated place and time either before or after school to have something like that, and those that wanted to attend could, those that didn't didn't have to.

Right.

When a congregation gathers together and instead of saying a prayer, they opt for a "moment of silence" everyone knows what's going on.

Everyone is thinking, yeh right, we can't pray out loud so we have to have a moment of awkward silence.

But if they announced that they were gathering for a moment of silence would anyone come? I doubt it. Even religious people would think that is a waste of their time.

Personally I would not mind a public prayer in school as long as it was to God and not to a specific God like Lucifer, Allah, Jehovah, Jesus, etc.

But an atheist has every right to object to that.

thats another assumption, which I dont think children make

when I was told in school that we had to be quiet , thats all I took it as

I think in modern schools, if a student chose to bow their head during those times, there might be an issue,, and I dont think THAT is just,,,

OH BULL CRAP. There might be an "issue" if a student chose to bow their head? Are you serious????

You Still don't know what the issue is about if you think that.

It is about SAYING OUT LOUD to a captive audience of mixed religious people "In Jesus name we pray..." or even praying to God in front of a captive audience of atheists.

Its not about what a person does on his own. Please tell me you understand this or I am going to start thinking it has something to do with 'intelligence."

p.s. --and if it is an issue with anyone, then that person is just plain ignorant.

its about tone, and volume, and speech,, for me

its similar to a private conversation between me and a friend, if others choose to EAVESDROP That is one thing, If I am speaking at a tone that OTHERS can hear, that is another

similarly with prayer, speaking it silently does not require anyone to be an 'audience', as people can choose to watch what they and whom they wish to wash

The issue there is, you're still making them a part of the whole exercise, whether they pray or not. They have no option to opt out of the thing entirely.

Not true. If someone kills another in the middle of a group of people. Are all those people going to be charged with murder? Cause obviously they were made part of the whole exercise, whether they killed or not. Same difference as to what you're saying here.

Oh give me a break Cowboy! How is that anywhere close to this? If you're in a situation like that, it's just because it happened, you didn't know it was gonna happen ahead of time. This is entirely different, that you'd compare that to this.......is just plain stupid.

No, it's about being somewhere something happened but not being associated with it.

But that is an extreme case, and it can't really be avoided. This however could, it doesn't have to be pushed on all of the students, and in fact shouldn't be.

But it wouldn't be, if they didn't wish to partake. They don't have to. Simple as that.

This quote best describes this discussion.
"One of us is not like the other; one of us, isn't the same"
Those little buggers may not have to partake but the quote above is a pretty good description. I'll let yall add in the context.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 04:12 PM
Please do explain completely unrelated similarity.

Every character in the bible was stolen from Pagan religions and modified to bring it into line with the current social climate at the time. The Bible is nothing more than a mish mash of stories and fable tales that have been lost in translation.

• Monotheism was stolen from Egyptian Akhenaton
• Creation was stolen from the Egyptian Creation
• The Jewish Yahweh's use of the word to create was stolen from the Egyptians (Jewish Yaweh replaces Ptah)
• "Let there be Light" was stolen from the Theban Creation epic.
• The "firmament in the midst of the waters…" was stolen from the Egyptian Creation
• Adam and Eve were stolen from the Egyptian Geb and Nut
• Eve coming from Adam's rib was stolen from the Epic of Enki and Ninhursag: "My brother what hurts thee?
"My rib hurts me"
ANET, 41.
Ninti who's name means "Lady of the Rib" cured Enki's rib
• Adam and Eve's punishment and loss of immortality were stolen from the Mesopotamian story of Adapa
• (Jewish Yaweh replaces Sumerian Enki)
• Jewish Cain, Abel and Seth were stolen from Osiris, Set and Horus
• The conflict between Cain and Abel was stolen from Set and Osiris and as the story goes on, it is later based upon the Sumerian Dumuzi and Enkimdu
• Jewish Samson was stolen from Heracles,
• The putting out of his eyes is based on Oedipus
• The pulling down of the pillars was stolen from the Egyptian tale about Re-Herakhte
• The Jewish story of Jacob and the Ladder was stolen from the Egyptian Funerary Rituals for the deceased King
• "Hail to thee, O Ladder of God, Hail to thee, O Ladder of Set. Stand up O Ladder of God, Stand up O Ladder of Set, stand up O Ladder of Horus, whereon Osiris went forth into heaven.” “The Egyptian Ladder consisting of the bodies of two Egyptian deities upon which Osiris ascends into heaven, has been replaced by a ladder with several supernatural beings, angels, climbing up and down between earth and heaven."

Also

• Krishna: Born in India 1000yrs before Christ, carpenter, born of a virgin, baptized in a river.

• Mithra: Persian God 600yrs before Christ, performed miracles, resurrected on the 3rd day, born December 25th, known as the lamb, the way, the truth, the light, the savior, the messiah.

• Horus: Written in 1280 BC, the Egyptian Book of the Dead describes him as the son of the god Osiris, born to a virgin mother, baptized in a river by Anup the Baptizer...who was later beheaded. Like Jesus, Horus was tempted while in the desert, healed the sick, the blind, cast out demons, and walked on water. He also resurrected Asar from the dead...."Asar" translates to "Lazarus". He also had 12 disciples, was crucified, and after 3 days 2 women announced that Horus the savior had been resurrected.

Epic of Gilgamesh: It is an epic Babylonian / Sumerian poem written around 2500-2000 BC about the hero-king mentioned above. In the poem, there is a man called Ut-Napishtim who is commanded to build a wooden ark because the Gods are going to flood the world. If you decide to read the poem, you will find many parallels with the Biblical story of Noah.
One of the most interesting ones is the story of Sargon of Akkad, a great Mesopotamian king, which is almost exactly the same as the Moses story...but about 2000 years earlier. Or the Mesopotamian legend of Utnapishtim, who is basically Noah.

Many of these accounts can be traced back thousands of years before Christianity... There are so much more similarities but I'm not writing a book here. I'm just bored after exams.

Any input into these matters would be greatly welcomed.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 04:07 PM
Please do explain this to me.

Every character in the bible was stolen from Pagan religions and modified to bring it into line with the current social climate at the time. The Bible is nothing more than a mish mash of stories and fable tales that have been lost in translation.

• Monotheism was stolen from Egyptian Akhenaton
• Creation was stolen from the Egyptian Creation
• The Jewish Yahweh's use of the word to create was stolen from the Egyptians (Jewish Yaweh replaces Ptah)
• "Let there be Light" was stolen from the Theban Creation epic.
• The "firmament in the midst of the waters…" was stolen from the Egyptian Creation
• Adam and Eve were stolen from the Egyptian Geb and Nut
• Eve coming from Adam's rib was stolen from the Epic of Enki and Ninhursag: "My brother what hurts thee?
o "My rib hurts me"
o ANET, 41.
o Ninti who's name means "Lady of the Rib" cured Enki's rib
• Adam and Eve's punishment and loss of immortality were stolen from the Mesopotamian story of Adapa
• (Jewish Yaweh replaces Sumerian Enki)
• Jewish Cain, Abel and Seth were stolen from Osiris, Set and Horus
• The conflict between Cain and Abel was stolen from Set and Osiris and as the story goes on, it is later based upon the Sumerian Dumuzi and Enkimdu
• Jewish Samson was stolen from Heracles,
• The putting out of his eyes is based on Oedipus
• The pulling down of the pillars was stolen from the Egyptian tale about Re-Herakhte
• The Jewish story of Jacob and the Ladder was stolen from the Egyptian Funerary Rituals for the deceased King
• "Hail to thee, O Ladder of God, Hail to thee, O Ladder of Set. Stand up O Ladder of God, Stand up O Ladder of Set, stand up O Ladder of Horus, whereon Osiris went forth into heaven.” “The Egyptian Ladder consisting of the bodies of two Egyptian deities upon which Osiris ascends into heaven, has been replaced by a ladder with several supernatural beings, angels, climbing up and down between earth and heaven."

Also

• Krishna: Born in India 1000yrs before Christ, carpenter, born of a virgin, baptized in a river.

• Mithra: Persian God 600yrs before Christ, performed miracles, resurrected on the 3rd day, born December 25th, known as the lamb, the way, the truth, the light, the savior, the messiah.

• Horus: Written in 1280 BC, the Egyptian Book of the Dead describes him as the son of the god Osiris, born to a virgin mother, baptized in a river by Anup the Baptizer...who was later beheaded. Like Jesus, Horus was tempted while in the desert, healed the sick, the blind, cast out demons, and walked on water. He also resurrected Asar from the dead...."Asar" translates to "Lazarus". He also had 12 disciples, was crucified, and after 3 days 2 women announced that Horus the savior had been resurrected.

Epic of Gilgamesh: It is an epic Babylonian / Sumerian poem written around 2500-2000 BC about the hero-king mentioned above. In the poem, there is a man called Ut-Napishtim who is commanded to build a wooden ark because the Gods are going to flood the world. If you decide to read the poem, you will find many parallels with the Biblical story of Noah.
One of the most interesting ones is the story of Sargon of Akkad, a great Mesopotamian king, which is almost exactly the same as the Moses story...but about 2000 years earlier. Or the Mesopotamian legend of Utnapishtim, who is basically Noah.

Many of these accounts can be traced back thousands of years before Christianity...

Any input into these matters would be greatly welcomed.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 03:16 PM
Science vs. Religion
Science: Normally starts off as a theory to how something functions. This can be also paired with mathematical formulas and equations that shows that a theory is possible. The little thing with science is.. for it be considered factual... they like to do a little thing like proving it beyond a reasonable doubt. The only way this can happen is that they have of proof which are quantitative, observable, especially Repeatable! Theories are just logical concepts which are not yet prove; unlike with the Religious Ideology, there are many within the science fields who work hard to prove those theories which many many times have lead to the improvement of future generations.
I do believe that there are many theories out there, but your misconception that factual knowledge is not the basis of the field of science is completely misguided. Take a good look around you sometime, everything that is in your house and even those in your bodies, are derived from the field of science. People generally overlook, and disregard the work and science that had taken place in order for the development of their belongings.
Example: Your Door! Mathematical measurements are required for the obvious reasons; choice of materials depends on "studies" of what the most profitable and readily available resources in the production area.
oo yea... EVOLUTION! as technological improvements come about, it may be profitable to implement it into the production of the door. Which requires "studies"
location, humidity levels, crime rates, paint choices, chemicals for the paint, the bonding process... etc... requires studies to be made; this requires ideas, theories of course.. what's after a theory? hum? that's right... it has to be PROVEN and Repeated! ... moving on..

Religious Beliefs:
Bla... science... who needs it right?
Steps taken:
Old Fart from thousands of years ago comes up with an Ideas or story.. or in many cases, steals it from someone else.
Next Step: Passed along mouth to mouth for a long time before finding someone who can take advantage of it by writing it down.
Next Step: Translated a Crap load of times and as such.. the word Night becomes Door or whatever.
Last Step: Bam! You got yourself an official "FACT" and is accredited by the Church of Whatever

Think I like the second one better.. short, sweet, and to the fact! even though there's no way in hell it can be proven or duplicated.. still a FACT though.. because THEY said soo.. Alridy.. lets go kill some non-believers.. If they can die then the Almighty GOD has granted us divine rights to take their sorry lives and send them to hell. If they live then they are Zombies.. and no one likes zombies

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 03:04 PM
heh I just wanted to see how many will read this =P

If you've read this, then there is no way in hell I'm giving you the Big Red Button that will blow up the world... Speaking of which.. Where's Bush at?

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:49 PM

did anybody check his facebook status?

Yea I checked it.. it changed from Single to it's complicated
You think it posted it on his alternate Facebook account that he uses to play Farmsville on?

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:44 PM
Was answering to the post above my last post =D

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:40 PM
Alridy.. Done with my exam.

Science vs. Religion
Science: Normally starts off as a theory to how something functions. This can be also paired with mathematical formulas and equations that shows that a theory is possible. The little thing with science is.. for it be considered factual... they like to do a little thing like proving it beyond a reasonable doubt. The only way this can happen is that they have of proof which are quantitative, observable, especially Repeatable! Theories are just logical concepts which are not yet prove; unlike with the Religious Ideology, there are many within the science fields who work hard to prove those theories which many many times have lead to the improvement of future generations.
I do believe that there are many theories out there, but your misconception that factual knowledge is not the basis of the field of science is completely misguided. Take a good look around you sometime, everything that is in your house and even those in your bodies, are derived from the field of science. People generally overlook, and disregard the work and science that had taken place in order for the development of their belongings.
Example: Your Door! Mathematical measurements are required for the obvious reasons; choice of materials depends on "studies" of what the most profitable and readily available resources in the production area.
oo yea... EVOLUTION! as technological improvements come about, it may be profitable to implement it into the production of the door. Which requires "studies"
location, humidity levels, crime rates, paint choices, chemicals for the paint, the bonding process... etc... requires studies to be made; this requires ideas, theories of course.. what's after a theory? hum? that's right... it has to be PROVEN and Repeated! ... moving on..

Religious Beliefs:
Bla... science... who needs it right?
Steps taken:
Old Fart from thousands of years ago comes up with an Ideas or story.. or in many cases, steals it from someone else.
Next Step: Passed along mouth to mouth for a long time before finding someone who can take advantage of it by writing it down.
Next Step: Translated a Crap load of times and as such.. the word Night becomes Door or whatever.
Last Step: Bam! You got yourself an official "FACT" and is accredited by the Church of Whatever

Think I like the second one better.. short, sweet, and to the fact! even though there's no way in hell it can be proven or duplicated.. still a FACT though.. because THEY said soo.. Alridy.. lets go kill some non-believers.. If they can die then the Almighty GOD has granted us divine rights to take their sorry lives and send them to hell. If they live then they are Zombies.. and no one likes zombies

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 08:06 AM
It was meant in the context of religious faith; leaving it up to god to bla bla bla..

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 08:03 AM

They call me a Christian and then proceed to tell me how terrible I am for being a Christian. I try to correct that perception.

They call me a Devil Worshiper but I'm just an Atheist or you can say a Anti-theist

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 07:56 AM
I really like that.. I should add, "never forget the bad because it defines the good, keep it in your mind but never let it guide you"

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 07:49 AM
Because its' use has been overplayed, but I guess you can use that context in such cases as when Hitler almost wiped out a religious group. Guess he must have been thanking God for helping him to do that.i.e. it can be seen as the problem.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 07:39 AM
It's only rebellious to have a faith that is not ruled by the majority. In the US, there is no way in hell that you will ever find a Atheist, or Devil Worshiper getting voted into the presidential seat without having to lie about it. Religious choices may come down to personal choices, but with that choice, the person will have to accept the consequences depending on their social standings. For religion to die, the world may or may not become a more peaceful place; we might even already have our own personal flying cars if it wasn't for the Dark ages which was brought on by religious fanatics.

For those that believe that without religion, our morals will not exist, you are completely misguided. Throughout history, lands, and religious beliefs, the thing that we all believe is wrong are similar; cheating, killing, lying are bad. You can look at it as more of a survival of the species deal; no way in hell we would go around kill everyone just for the heck of it if there is no existence religion.