Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 07:11 AM
most of them at may not consider it fact, but try asking any cross toting believers that and see how upset they get when you argue that the world is older than 2000 years old

Uselessknowledge's photo
Wed 06/01/11 12:20 AM
It is a privilege to be able be faithless! In the past if a person were to be caught by the Churches many followers who would blindly and gladly stab you in the back if you were to reveal any disagreements towards the Churches practices. One of which may be.. lets say... Buying your way into Heaven? this is where the rich would pay the Church to exsolve them of any and all of their crimes by just waving their little magical hands around and what not. I guess it was a good scam in order to get money to build a new crib.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Tue 05/31/11 11:15 PM
heh.. thanks..
Staying true to my username.
Useless Knowledge #1: With increasing access to proven and accurate information presented by our ever expanding virtual world; people are now able to have access to these unfiltered information. With this, many people are now starting to be able to think for themselves, rather than being told what to think. Because of this, the actual number of people who are questioning if there is actually a god is increasing within countries who are religiously somewhat tolerant and have access to the internet.

Yeap... if you want people to convert; you're going to have to build your own "Great Golden Gate," to control freedom of information. Or you can always go "Old School" (on us non-believers, heathens, or spawn of satan" as one of my elemtary teachers called me after I suggested that she shoved her believes down her beep beep) and go with the basics of Torture, Kill, or imprison those that don't believe.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Tue 05/31/11 10:54 PM
With the elapse of time; the truth often gets lost under the bodies of those who seek to shed light upon it. Would you agree this as being the general rule for those in power?

Uselessknowledge's photo
Tue 05/31/11 10:51 PM
MR. KRABS from Sponge Bob sure is tasty! I believe he's a lobster even though his name is Krabs. I'm not so sure if the universe is in itself intelligent; always possible because we do not fully understand its' entirety. I do however agree that we are all made from the stuff of the stars!

Uselessknowledge's photo
Tue 05/31/11 10:31 PM
I greatly welcome anyone's opinion on this matter and would like to express my own opinion on this.

Here it goes:
The Bible has be translated many times; with every translations and rewrites; the names, meanings, and sentence structures will change. Humans as we all may know, are very very prone to interpretations, exaggerations, personal interest, greed; connecting dots that are not there just so it follows what we believe to be true.

Example: You can take a work by any famous Greek Literatures for instance. Look at all the translations of it and you will be able to see noticeable differences between them.

Imagine what will happen if you translated it a bunch more times, and from one language to another, to another.. and then back to the original again. It may and will most likely become unrecognizable to the person who created it! Sections added, names changed, change of plots.. etc..

With the Bible:
Certain periods in the past, the Church was more powerful than all the kings and queens. Who do you think had more to loose when the first predicted end of the world didn't happen? They had the power to make up anything they wanted to put in the book; most of the population at the time were not even able to read the bible..
Think I typed way too much.. Opinions anyone?

Uselessknowledge's photo
Tue 05/31/11 10:08 PM
Many religions actually started off as a cult/sect type of organization. It only evolves into the so called Religion when there are enough people who practices it. Many times in the past this was easily done by force, obligation to one's family, clan.. etc.. When you got enough people who believes in it, then you are able to gain power over them and punish those the stray from the beliefs.

Religion has been used as a successful form of psychological control over the uneducated masses. Examples of which can be seen in the ancient Hindu religions; with the concept of "predestination," people just accept their so called fates. They were led to believe that if they lived their lives according to their belief systems (which often meant being loyal to those mistreating you and do not fight against the system, Stay in your social class until you die) then when they do die, they will have a better chance of being reborn into a higher class in society.

Any input; whether it be for or against this post will be greatly welcomed.

Uselessknowledge's photo
Tue 05/31/11 09:49 PM
Mankind's achievements and follies are because of their own doing; use prudence when giving credence to those who it does not belong to. (written by Me)

People give too little credit to themselves when they have worked and have given up so much in order to achieve their goals. I've encountered this sooo many times that I've lost count; I really need not give examples because I'm sure most of you are able to see the point I put in this matter. FYI.. Family, friends, brothers and sisters in arms have suffered, died, and scarred for life in order to help those they care for to achieve their goals, and the first thing that comes out of people's lips is "Thank _-_ for giving him the strength, will, Luck, etc to be able to achieve it!"

I would like to hear people's opinions on this. This is one of many things that has made me non-religious.

1 2 4 Next