Community > Posts By > SportsNut2007

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 12:32 PM

I don't agree or disagree. If they want to get married they are free to do so...If they don't, then don't...Just don't invite me to the wedding:tongue:

Why not ?

Besides...it's said that most Gay Couples earn more money then traditionals...so I have to believe there would be good eats there,,,lol.

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 12:29 PM

Here's my thoughts on it... "Marriage" is a religious term for the joining of a man and a woman. I think that gay couples should have every right that "married" couples get, as far as legalities go. Taxes, health benefits, inheritance, etc. However, I don't think they should call it a marriage. That's really what is pissing everyone off. I think the gay community would get a lot further alot quicker if they just quit calling it a marriage. Most religions do not permit "Gay Marriages". So instead of trying to change people's ideas on religion, just call it something else. Civil Union. Whatever you want to call it. I think the gay community is just fighting the wrong fight. Fight for your rights, not the term it's called.

Well....wait !

I said that I support it because, for some....it's happiness that they may not acquire thru any other means.
However doing it for tax advantages, and the rest of the nonsense is just a load of crap.

I'm sorry... you missed my point. I NEVER said they, either gay or heterosexual couples should get married because of tax advantages. What I meant was gay couples, married, union, whatever you want to call it SHOULD be entitled to all of the benefits heterosexual couples get for being married. Right now, they can't ( in most states) They are fighting to call it a "marriage" when it's not. A "marriage" started to be joined, a man and a woman, under God, Gods, Goddesses, whatever you believe. So quit trying to call it a marriage. Call it something else, but give them the SAME rights are heterosexual couples get.

Sorry, marriage is no longer a strictly religious institution. It is secular in that many laws are built around it. Giving homosexuals "everything but" the title of marriage is discrimination... separate but equal, anyone?

I think the way it is now works fine.
gays can share a life together, include each other on insurance policies, buy property together
and live as a married couple thru a domestic couples contract....what's wrong with that.
Why do they have to take it one step further...what else would they get that they are'nt already ?

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 12:26 PM

Well, in order to not start a debate about what homosexuality is or isn't, just know that "morally" I have a problem with it.

Now, do I hate gays? Do I begrudge them for being who they are? No, and I never would. I just don't agree with it. Just like some people don't agree with someone being a Christian, or not agreeing with someone who supports the NRA, etc.

I have a problem with this line of thinking. Just because we "morally" have a problem with a certain individual or group of people does not mean we should deny them basic rights. The KKK and is allowed to exist despite MANY people "morally" having a problem with their behavior and beliefs.

Yes...but you're comparing apples to oranges.
Gays have made progress despite the oppression posed against...I respect that !
However...I'm not going to like it when a gay couple sues my Church because they refused to allow them to get marriaged there.

Nor when the schools began teaching young boys that it's okay for two boys to get marriaged !

Schools shouldn't be teaching it at all. Gay and gay marriage is a religious issue. Schools shouldn't get involved in religious issues.

They already have...do your research.

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 12:21 PM

Well, in order to not start a debate about what homosexuality is or isn't, just know that "morally" I have a problem with it.

Now, do I hate gays? Do I begrudge them for being who they are? No, and I never would. I just don't agree with it. Just like some people don't agree with someone being a Christian, or not agreeing with someone who supports the NRA, etc.

I have a problem with this line of thinking. Just because we "morally" have a problem with a certain individual or group of people does not mean we should deny them basic rights. The KKK and is allowed to exist despite MANY people "morally" having a problem with their behavior and beliefs.

Yes...but you're comparing apples to oranges.
Gays have made progress despite the oppression posed against...I respect that !
However...I'm not going to like it when a gay couple sues my Church because they refused to allow them to get marriaged there.

Nor when the schools began teaching young boys that it's okay for two boys to get marriaged !

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 12:13 PM

I did'nt say I agreed with homosexuality.
And I generally have problems with those that are enablers of them.

But a moral issue...isn't necessarily a legal one.

And legally...they have the right !

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 12:10 PM

Just wondering why you're not for it.

Was this directed towards me?

Yes....bring it on...that's why I posted it.

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 12:08 PM

Here's my thoughts on it... "Marriage" is a religious term for the joining of a man and a woman. I think that gay couples should have every right that "married" couples get, as far as legalities go. Taxes, health benefits, inheritance, etc. However, I don't think they should call it a marriage. That's really what is pissing everyone off. I think the gay community would get a lot further alot quicker if they just quit calling it a marriage. Most religions do not permit "Gay Marriages". So instead of trying to change people's ideas on religion, just call it something else. Civil Union. Whatever you want to call it. I think the gay community is just fighting the wrong fight. Fight for your rights, not the term it's called.

Well....wait !

I said that I support it because, for some....it's happiness that they may not acquire thru any other means.
However doing it for tax advantages, and the rest of the nonsense is just a load of crap.

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 11:53 AM

yawn yawn yawn

I take that as a For gay marriage ?

No. I'm not for it. Simple as that. But, then again, who am I to say that they can't do it? I don't support it, but it is something that I feel will eventually come to fruition.

Fair Enough !

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 11:52 AM

Rara,!!!!!!

Hey there is more then enough to go around!

laugh laugh laugh laugh :wink:

I'll cheers that,

grabs two ice cold rolling rocks, and says,

Cheers to ya mate

(((((((CLINK CLINK)))))))))))))))))

drinker drinks drinker drinks

Rolling Roll...yum yum !

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 11:51 AM

have: a nice garden salad, steak, baked potato, butter, hot rolls,iced tea, & peach cobbler with ice cream on the side. noway noway

If I ate that I'd go straight to sleep.

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 11:49 AM

yawn yawn yawn

I take that as a For gay marriage ?

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 11:32 AM
California is dealing with this issue and it's on the ballot if Gays should be allowed to marry.

A few years ago, the voters said no, however the courts overturned it based on constitutional rights...) Per the Constitution ( A person cannot be prevented from the pursuit happiness...as long as it's legal).

I agree with that....therefore I'd have to support, Gay Marriage.

What are your thoughts ???

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 11:24 AM
I'm hungry again...I'm thinking Pizza Buffet at Shakey's.

All the Pizza, Pasta , Salad and Fried Chicken u can eat for 6.99.

What are you having for lunch ?

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 11:21 AM

well,, i think it looks gay to be ummm,, you,lol,, kidding. my legs have special issue with tattoos, and they are a part of my body that im very proud of, and its a key to my artwork. to each their own.

Right...to each his own...have fun !

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 11:15 AM
Edited by SportsNut2007 on Thu 10/16/08 11:18 AM
The truth is most men will never find what they really want because it's not available to them.

Men are if nothing else consistent....be it in the negative, or positive form.

Where as women, over the past 40 years have evolved into something that far exceeds a traditional woman.

Men learned about women from those that were around him as a child.
His mother, grandmother, aunts, teachers...etc !

These women grew up during a time when women were different....because they knew who they were.

Most Women today are more dysfunctional then ever, and have no concept of developing and maintaining a stable relationship without consulting with their loser manless girlfriends...which is always stupid...or watching a rerun friends to see what rachel would do.

But I must agree that if he does find her...it won't be online...sorry !

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 10:58 AM

Dodgers blew it like the patriots,

slaphead slaphead slaphead slaphead

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

We Woss robbed !

SportsNut2007's photo
Thu 10/16/08 10:57 AM
we'll Live !

SportsNut2007's photo
Wed 10/15/08 05:17 PM

I would want someone that can stimulate my mind, body and soul. I find myself attracted to men that are Intelligent, responsible, successful, strong, well kept, loyal, veracious, dedicated, devoted, ambitious, passionate, affectionate, funny and genuine. A fantastic smile and cute feet are always a plus :)
I am waiting for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don't need a simple-minded man. I want someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked...believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster. I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don't need a financial burden. I am hoping for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded. I am waiting for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive...he just has to be worthy. I can't help a man if he can't help himself.
I am a HUGE fan of communication...I love to keep those lines open.

Cute Feet ?

SportsNut2007's photo
Wed 10/15/08 05:15 PM

they want a woman that will shut up,cook,clean and have sex

That Works too !

SportsNut2007's photo
Wed 10/15/08 05:13 PM

Okay..I'm leaving for lunch now, will tell you later what I ate.

Will be waiting with bated breath to see what you ate for lunch.

Fish Tacos....they were good today, Tilipia grilled over mesquite with a pineapple chipotle salsa and a cup of clam chowder.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25