Community > Posts By > HelloHalo

no photo
Tue 12/04/07 12:08 AM
Sex Art Major? hmmmmmmmm Is that the PC term for male slut? I don't recall that being offered in University hmmmmmmmm but yheaaaaaaaaa nice EDUCATED guys all the same (choke choke cough sputter)

no photo
Tue 10/30/07 03:48 AM
just cant agree with it

and do not see myself ever agreeing to it

with out proof beyond a reasonable doubt

This is interesting thinking but not unique and so NOT new. For a moment lets assume the bible is correct K? Just humour me for a moments time.

If this is so and the bible is correct was it not thinkers like this who saw Christ to the cross and hammered those nails in while mocking him? heck they thought he was a fraud too.

Interestingly enough back then Christ performed many miracles right in front of peoples eye and yet they still killed him while calling him a sorcerer.

It's pretty safe to say that people today have not changed much from yesterday (in the literal/intrinsic sense) and if they didn't want to believe then they won't beleive today either.

God NEVER stated he would provide proof beyond any resonable doubt. God doesn't take orders from us.

John 3:16 is about as simple as it gets...theology 101 and like mastercard to belivers priceless.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Believing does not constuitute God providing scientific evidence of any sort regardless of our Christmas wish list of him!

I find it amusing and funny that a mans body such as Christ's would even be sought after by those who think he was a fake/fraud and phoney? Why bother? What is it about Christianity that has you're knickers so up in knots to even care? Why would you care if I believe if you do not? What buisness is it of mine or yours to tell anyone what to believe?

You may talk about energy, frequencies, weights and measures and any other man discovered and man practiced scientific principle/notion. We remain ignorant because we are man and not God. It has never been God's intention to spill all the beans here on earth.

There is a spiritual warfare that predates mans exsistence that has more explaination to the whys? hows? who's? that makes this clouded mystery necessary. To understand the "secrecy" and intent of God in doing so would be to understand this spiritual warfare.

The key word is "believe" and its just not as complicated as some want to make it on themselves.

To the over thinkers...hey! God said we would have to become like children to enter the kingdom of heaven. He was referring to the trust and belief a child has that a parent will meet ALL his needs. In that we can be rest assured that all our questions will be answered...just may not come on your time not in your method aka Science.

DNA and the God factor...maybe? In time some of us will know.

Spider I continue to enjoy your posts immensely but have one question for you?

When an agnostic/atheist is on their death bed whom do they cry out to?

LOL...sorry don't answer that!

no photo
Thu 10/25/07 01:05 AM
exactly lonely walker...an imperfect human mind can play all sorts of tricks on itself.

no photo
Thu 10/25/07 12:51 AM
Yes I do believe in the man generated DEVINELY INSPIRED written word of God aka The Bible (regardless of version). If he can raise the dead, heal the sick and part a sea he can most certainly write a book via men.

Emachine...very well put! I don't recall the bible talking about magic where belief and salvation is concerned nor santa at all. I too would Love to see the scripture specifically being referred to.

Studying = Brain Washing? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this seems like a bizarre unusual pairing to me?

So I guess a doctor who studies medicine is incapable of discerning if a treatment is working or not? regradless of what he is witnessing?

The experience has to be lived...

I agree also that there is also TONS of contradictions if you OVER INTELLECTUALIZE ANYTHING (isn't intellectualizing one of the coined terms ~copin mechanism~ used in psychology and listed as dysfunctional long term?). You have a perfectly imperfect brain by which to think you're out thinking God for finding error in something perfectly written and so graceously given as a gift.

no photo
Thu 10/25/07 12:29 AM
great stuff for the most part...nice to see someone doing some thinking.

no photo
Thu 10/25/07 12:25 AM
As you have mentioned there is online...not such a bad option.

There is also all the other places that us 40 year olds are hang'in such as at school functions with our kids, pay attention to your kids friends parents, there might be some single Mom of interest. At work pay attention to the people you interact with that are part of the work place venue ie the temp they hire, the woman that brings the mail etc etc..(but not working within the same company ~ big no no).Get out and about at lunch time in places where people hang out and relax for the hour. There are groups of interest and there are pubs where you can go to with friends. Pubs definetly seem more age appropriate then the clubs. Just about anywhere you go there is the oppotunity to meet someone...the real challenge is being brave enough to smile, say hello and strike the conversation...

worst case scenario your going to put lots of smiles on peoples faces as you go about being freindly and open.

Best Wishes

no photo
Thu 10/25/07 12:09 AM
What has happened?

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 12:21 PM
I do know you'll get through this girl....just slow down a bit. Maybe take on no more wreckage until you've dealt with the pre exsisting accident that has already jsut occurred.

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 12:16 PM
Damn then I grew up...

but my ex still calls me childish, does that count?

I just know I'll get that power to fly eventually

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 12:06 PM
again...Jesus was not one to fight or prove his point by bashing anyone over the head to believe it. He went about doing his teaching and the work of his father in perfect Love for even those who hated and despised him. This hatred or disbelief did not lessen his teaching nor weaken what his purpose was while on earth.

Many of us could offer you scripture to base what we believe to be the answers for questions but like a children that has been told not to put their hand on the hot burner for about the hundredth time eventually even a loving parent will let the child burn their hand in order to prove that it was hot.You as well as myself we have all been given the choice to believe whatever we want to and a functioning mind and spirit by which to discern snake from oil (for the lack of better terms)...Still present in perfect Love and in perfect Harmony regardless of how much they do not align nor agree.

I suspect if I was to post scripture this would just fire this deep need to agrue Christian beliefs systems even more...maybe I'm wrong but I won't be bothering anytime soon. The fact remains there are many opinions on this topic and the correct one is not going to be won here on this thread.

Christ himself knew what the pharisees had to say about his teachings yet he did not waver nor was he overly concerned as it didn't change a thing on his way.

Are we really surprised that Gods People today don't have much concern over redundant arguments? Amazingly enough the only persons being confused are the confused but then again thats may be the whole argument OF purpose for some people.

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 11:32 AM
Shoot the breeze

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 11:30 AM
Rhinestones I think

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 11:24 AM
How come so bored? Not working today?

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 11:21 AM
I was gonna fly off to Hollywood and be a movie star however at the time I knew this I also knew I was going to really miss my Mommmy and my Daddy lol

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 11:15 AM
^^^ LMFAO @ longhaired biker

Now whats this about Canadain women? Doh! lol...nahhhhhh forget I asked lol

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 11:12 AM
This internet dating buisness is kinda like the real world isn't it? ~ LOL. Are you really surprised that you would go to 5, 10, 20? social events and not meet anyone that makes your heart go pitter patter? Probaby Not! Instead of focusing on not having found Ms. Perfect in high speed you might just want to focus on the journey and the good people that you meet along the way to Ms. Right.

Cheers

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 11:05 AM
Ok as well like Sin ^^^ lol...sorry I posted before seeing ALL the posts.

If you feel you have hurt this person then a carefully derived e-mail (edited by friends) explaining your feelings and actions would be Loving without having to state the actual words. I honestly don't think you know at this point if it Love or just guilt making you confuse this issue about saying , " I Love You'.

Stating such a thing without explaination of degree would most certainly be cruel and unfair to this gent. However that carefully derived letter stating I Love you as a friend or I Love you because you find good in me or where ever this feeling of closeness is being motivated from would be factual and fair.

I'd caution you though to make sure you sincerely know what your feeling before putting it into words be it e-mail or verbally. 2 months out of a marriage makes me think your not thinking at all and I say that with all kindness...your dealing with some pretty amazing hard issues of a past relationship to be bringing more confusion into a yet resolved life.

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 10:54 AM
^^^ I'm with sin on this one. If you feel it go ahead and state it.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule. Best practice would be that if that monkey (saying I Love You) means putting a gorilla on someone elses then don't do it. ie stating it to a married man/woman.

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 10:45 AM
For me I don't buy that thinking. When two people Love one another there need not be Hatred to counter balance the action because Love doesn't walk all over you in the first place and Love isn't so fearful of negative behaviors to be concerned about counter actions.

Saying Love = Hate is like equating Light = Dark...it just doesn't work nor co exsist. When the light is on there is light Darkness is no more.

Love + Forgiveness or Love + Faults now those coexsist and they are also very much worable, yet the common factor not to be forgotten is Love.

Cheers

no photo
Mon 10/22/07 10:25 AM
Hey OP

I also agree there is someone for everyone but its gotta be harder having a disability in all ways. Not knowing what kind of disability you are speaking of I can only assume you have had to deal with this factor in the work place as well as socially yet you have suceeded thus far hence no real reason to worry.

Not to get off topic but I have a dear friend who was recently diagnosed with a cyst by his heart. He is facing open heart surgery in the next couple of weeks and lo and behold his girl friend goes and flakes out on him. Needless to say I was shocked at the cold, selfishness of this womans actions when her BF most needed her.

I can see how even a temporary disability such as his own could be a stressor to her but isn't that what true love is all about? So I think when the right one comes along it will matter not wether your disabled or not. I'm most certain the right ones see more then just fingers and toes.

Best wishes for you here on JSH and in your continued successes.

Previous 1