Community > Posts By > Dionaa

Dionaa's photo
Tue 09/02/08 02:59 AM
Everybody has gone..so guess I better grab Mama Cat and head to bed myself!

Later Newbie!!! bigsmile

Dionaa's photo
Tue 09/02/08 02:35 AM
Cool! Kojack is another Giants fan!!

I was the ONLY fan over there...so bad that when they made their picks, they said "Donna's team". lol

But I'm sure the Super Bowl have given Giants fans a boost, and we'll be rocking again this year!!

Dionaa's photo
Tue 09/02/08 02:29 AM
I'm single (as in not married) as I prefer it that way. Seems the piece of paper changes things, and not for the better. Was married 25 yrs...so feel no need for marriage.

Have a man, lots of great friends...am happy...why ruin it??

Dionaa's photo
Tue 09/02/08 02:21 AM
Ahhh, it's great to have my Arian Vampires up with me!! Wake up Robin!! haha

Oh and pretty lil Vixen is on too!

Great to have our gang together again!

Loving it here!!!:banana:

Dionaa's photo
Tue 09/02/08 02:12 AM
And don't forget that "dead horse" thread.."Young men and older women"...bleh...

Dionaa's photo
Tue 09/02/08 01:49 AM
Wll, ths frnd lves yu...:angel:

Dionaa's photo
Tue 09/02/08 01:14 AM
Bumping this for Raven!! Here it is, hon!:wink:

Dionaa's photo
Tue 09/02/08 12:22 AM
We all miss Andy dammit!! Hope you can get your "Giant" here, Rick!! And Rich, too. Then the gang will be complete (as soon as I drag Peg out in the open, too!:wink: )

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 11:09 PM
Edited by Dionaa on Mon 09/01/08 11:14 PM
You have me thinking about my grandfather, who was I believe 1/2 Mohawk (remember, I told you my Mom just says "We're American.." when I ask her about it and he died when I was 12. But Gram told me he was 1/2 "Canadian Indian" and he always lived in the Adirondacks, so looks like he was a Mohawk, no??

The Mohawk River runs through Amsterdam, NY..not far from where I'm from. Sir William Johnson's Hall..in Johnstown, NY has the hatchet marks from all the fighting that took place there. Lots of Native American historical stuff up home, but I never connected the dots..as my family never talked about it.

I'm a "mutt"..Irish/German on Dad's side and Dutch/Irish/Mohawk? on Mom's side. Both my Mom and Gramp...jet black hair. I have my Irish Gram's red hair and green eyes. Have to contact my cousin, he had said he did our family tree.

You have piqued my interst in this, Tribo..thanks!

I found this cool link..interesting stuff!

----------
The Mohawk Nation, then known as Kanien'kehake (people of the flint) was one of the five founding Nations of the Iroquois League (or confederacy). The name Mohawk was given to the tribe by the Algonquin and was later adopted by the Europeans who had difficulty pronouncing Kanien'kehake. The other Nations in the Confederacy were the Cayuga, the Seneca, the Oneida, and the Onondaga. The sixth Nation to join were the Tuscarora.

This website is meant as a resource for those of you who seek to know more about the Mohawk tribe and the Iroquois League. We have reproduced important historical documents such as the organization of the Six Nations Confederacy, the Iroquois Constitution, the Contracts between the State of New York and different tribes of the Six Nations of Indians, specifying their several cessions and reservations of land and a profile on Theyebdabegea, a.k.a. Joseph Brant; a Mohawk leader who sided with the British during the Revolutionary War.

In addition to historical documents, you will find a retelling of the Prophecy of the Seventh Generation, an explanation of the commonly seen symbols and designs of the Haudenosaunee, and a complete online edition of James Fenimore Cooper's 1826 novel, The Last of the Mohicans. Although it is about the Mohicans, a tribe which had been conquered by the Mohawk, the novel is representative of the life of Northeastern tribes and their dealings with the Europeans, and often contains references to the Mohawk.

http://www.mohawktribe.com/

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 10:37 PM
Edited by Dionaa on Mon 09/01/08 10:37 PM
Hello Tribo! Great to see this topic still alive.

Love reading it!!

And my friend's wolf is strong, walking and going home!! Thanks for the kindness..I'm sure Raven will be very grateful, too!

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 10:34 PM
Heya Big Wolf Daddy!!!:heart:

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 10:25 PM
Edited by Dionaa on Mon 09/01/08 10:33 PM

*GASP* A politician that cheated on his wife!!

Like Clinton, FDR, JFK, etc. you mean???

I really don't care. He's married now and I care more for what he will accomplish.

Bush didn't cheat, that got HIM real far, eh?? NOT! He is hated for being a faithful husband, and Clinton is worshiped for being a male w&ore!

Bah!

You know, for some reason, I don't think the reason Bush is so hated is that he was a faithful husband. :wink:

Nope, its because he is a scapegoat for people and he doesn't have the charisma to talk his way out of things. You could put Bill Clinton and the exact same scenario, making the exact same decision, and having the exact same outcomes, but people would like him way more because he can talk his way out of a paper bag.

Good point! And for the record, just because I call it like it is, doesn't mean I'm a Republican. I have an independant mind and have voted both ways. Ashamed to say I bought the ole lie about healthcare reform and voted for Clinton! Voted for Ross Perot..wish he got in!!

I was being sarcastic..my point is that Bush is blamed for EVERYTHING..and Clinton got away with murder..quite possibly for real. (Their best friend who committed suicide over the Whitewater Scandal???!!)

ALL politicians carry baggage...I look at what they propose to DO and if it's a viable platform...and decide for myself who to vote for. I am no sheep..blindly hating or blindly trusting either side.

I just happen to think that McCain is the better choice. The prospect of Obama scares the bejesus outta me!! I have to have this article I was reading and post it here. Give me a few...

Oh, and there IS no Democratic party anymore..it's the "Liberal Party". Lieberman had to go Independent because he is still a moderate Dem...pretty pathetic, if you ask me!

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 10:22 PM
Andy threw a trout at me..whatever heck that means! lmao

Yeppers...Rich and Andy, and the nuthouse will be complete!!happy :banana:

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 10:17 PM
Black Rose - Trapt

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 10:12 PM
Well, gotta give Rick's thread a bump here..he has to catch up to Dan!!

I'll help ya, bro! lol

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 10:00 PM
Nickelback- Someday

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 09:58 PM
Hope they do!!!happy :banana:

And Phil? STOP IT!!!! laugh

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 09:53 PM
Good to see your pretty smile again, hon!

Heading over to post some tunes in the music topic. Hope we can soon post url's! That would be awesome!!:banana:

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 09:49 PM
Theory Of A Deadman- By The Way

Dionaa's photo
Mon 09/01/08 09:39 PM
Heya Ruthie!!!:heart: