Community > Posts By > pipahx

pipahx's photo
Wed 10/17/07 09:53 AM
I just recently started this job as a receptionist at a law firm :)

pipahx's photo
Wed 10/17/07 09:50 AM
Congratulations! I'm in the same boat, only I've been struggling with my weight for much longer than two years haha.

Best of luck with your continued success!

pipahx's photo
Wed 10/17/07 08:22 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I was just going by what I read elsewhere, so I suppose it won't hurt me to try it out and, if I don't like it, then at least I know from experience.

I start the classes this Saturday morning. I'm taking weekend classes and will be done by December 2nd. I guess the only way to know is to try.

Thanks again everyone.

pipahx's photo
Wed 10/17/07 07:37 AM
To open this up, I would like to say that an LNA is a licensed nurses assistant (LNA). In states other than NH, it is often called a CNA or, certified nurses assistant. Just incase there was any confusion.

So, this weekend the plan was to start the LNA training course. I knew what being an LNA meant. I knew that I was going to be working, most likely, in a long-term care facility. I knew that I would get getting the grunt work. I knew that I would be responsible for the personal care of the patients.

The thing that I'm now questioning is whether or not I want to subject myself to those conditions. I've done a lot of research. I've been to many websites (such as allnurses.com) and I've read up on people's doubts, their hates, and their love for their job. I read of the large amount of disrespect that LNAs receive from the rest of the staff in LTC/Hospital settings. I don't know if I can handle that. I don't know if I can do long shifts of grunt work only to find that I'm not being respected for doing it.

I thought that maybe doing this would let me know whether or not I wanted to get into nursing, but the reality of it is that being an LNA and a nurse aren't related. LNAs do the things that nurses don't want to do. Maybe, what I need to do is just take a break from trying to figure everything out right now.

Someday, I'm sure it will all come to me. Someday, I'll find the career that I'm destined to do.

I just don't know if I should go through with the LNA training as planned. Or, when the times comes that I feel ready, I should go take an LPN course instead. I'm conflicted and I don't want to take a course to be an LNA, make the same, if not less, money that I am making now and wind up being disrespected and disliking my job.

Any advice?

pipahx's photo
Wed 10/17/07 05:52 AM
That is amazing! Congratulations!

pipahx's photo
Wed 10/17/07 05:11 AM
Good morning!

Is it time to go home yet?

pipahx's photo
Tue 10/16/07 05:39 AM
you can find a penis costume at Spencers :P

pipahx's photo
Tue 10/16/07 05:35 AM
A pirate :) I'm wicked excited haha.

pipahx's photo
Tue 10/16/07 05:32 AM
Congratulations! I'm on WW too :) I'm on a perpetual diet, though. I'm the worst yo-yo dieter you'll ever meet. I'm determined to stick with it this time.

Best of luck in reaching your ultimate goal!

pipahx's photo
Mon 10/15/07 05:41 PM
Welcome :)
Sorry you're stuck here in NH haha.

pipahx's photo
Mon 10/15/07 05:31 PM
The only reason I ever say "nothing" is because a) you should know the answer, as you're the reason for how upset I am or b) I don't want to talk about it.

pipahx's photo
Mon 10/15/07 03:30 PM
I'm horrible at making the first connection, personally. Most of the time, I'm just browsing through people I see posting on the forums :)

pipahx's photo
Mon 10/15/07 03:29 PM
Well, it wasn't a big deal because we had only been dating for a month, but my ex was supposed to come see me and spend the weekend with me for his birthday (this was a couple of years ago). He told me when he was coming over and he didn't show up. I called him, about once an hour because I didn't think that that was being too persistent (afterall he was my boyfriend) and he never called me or showed up.

So, instead of waiting for him I went and hung out with a friend. When I came home early that next morning and looked at his Myspace his status was set to single and he deleted me from his friends haha.

Oh well :P

pipahx's photo
Mon 10/15/07 03:12 PM
Just look around, you'll find us ;)

pipahx's photo
Mon 10/15/07 11:00 AM
When I renewed my license (I've only done it once, but I'm assuming it's the same all the time), I only had to retake my eye exam and get my picture taken, as well as verify my information was the same.

Apparently New Hampshire doesn't care if you recognize the road signs. haha

pipahx's photo
Mon 10/15/07 03:57 AM
Is it sad that I know this song because of.. Spongebob? haha.

pipahx's photo
Sun 10/14/07 07:11 PM
Hey Cathy :)

pipahx's photo
Sun 10/14/07 07:06 PM
I'm jealous. That would be an amazing deal for around here.

pipahx's photo
Sun 10/14/07 05:25 PM
I wouldn't say it was a sham. I've had my picture taken when on the phone before. My friends love pictures, therefore they're taken at random. Why would it matter if the person's on the phone? A picture's a picture :)

pipahx's photo
Sun 10/14/07 05:22 PM
I'm still physically attracted, sure. He was good looking. I would never, in my lifetime, want to be involved with him in any way, though. Scumbags don't deserve second chances :)