Community > Posts By > hrdawson

hrdawson's photo
Sat 10/20/07 11:07 PM
Hmmm...The Cinderella Complex. An interesting view of how some women live their lives. Funny, i'm not sure what to make of that or where I fit in, but definitely count me in for one to participiate. I love psychology and everything to do with it. It's part of my major and just for fun i'm always trying to psycho-analyze people and life (including myself).

Me? Cinderella complex? Let's see...
I grew up in a hell on earth. Mother was a crack whore, never home, and I was left there to care for my younger brother and I. I was cinderella waiting for my "prince on a white horse". But, my prince wasn't the man I hoped to marry. My prince was my dad. I knew he'd come eventually, I just didn't know when. For 14 years, I put up with the physical, verbal, and emotional abuse of my mother and took on the responsibility of being the only "real" parent of the household. It got so bad, I was parenting my own parents.

During that time, I learned that I couldn't trust or rely on anyone but myself, because I had been let down by the people that were supposed to take care of me. That's where my independence came from. Ironically, my prince on a white horse came to my rescue (my dad) and even though I was very thankful, nothing changed. I stuck to being independent, I tried to parent him and my step-mom and their children. I wouldn't let myself be a kid. He forced me to and I fought him every step of the way. I liked having control over my life because I was so used to living day by day and trusting adults (even one's that knew what they were doing and were successful and had a happy family) didn't phase me. I thought to myself..."this is too good to be true and eventually will come crashing down like everything else." Almost 5 years later, guess who was right? They think I hate them because I still don't act like a part of the family. I tell them, I don't know how. I can't. I refuse their help. I enjoy my independence. **** a man taking care of me. I can take care of myself. I always have and always will, until I can't anymore. I'm 19 years old, a black belt in tae kwon do, getting my Bachelor's Degree. Am I not proof that I can be independent and take care of myself?

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind having a man by my side as my partner in life and eventually I might warm down to letting him have most of the control and say so. But, i'm never going to count on relying on a man because sh** happens and what if he dies or leaves me or turns out to be a raging alcoholic who beats me and the kids? Then, what the **** am I going to do if i'm dependent upon him to provide for me and the children? Drown in my misery? Sell my body for money? I don't think so.

hrdawson's photo
Sat 10/20/07 10:24 PM
Am I really??? Awesome!!! I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand those "Abercrombie Model" male types. They make me want to vomit. I like and want a real man. Someone who doesn't have the perfect body and isn't in perfect shape (that would make me feel insecure). Someone who doesn't have a smaller waste size than me (okay, that's just gross). Someone who isn't on a "diet" or is trying to lose weight -how femme is that?- (unless they actually need to). Someone who doesn't take longer to get ready than me (dude, you're a guy...put on some clothes and let's go). Somebody who doesn't have a "i'm better than everyone" complex (get over yourself). Someone who isn't so smart that I feel like I want to shoot myself everytime I talk to them (not that I can't keep up, but what's the point...get to it, already) or someone who isn't so stupid that even my brain is drizzling out of my ear...etc.

hrdawson's photo
Sat 10/20/07 10:02 PM
Hmmm...that's definitely something to ponder. But you are right and you do make a good point. When I first started looking for a "partner", I was definitely looking for someone who was essentially perfect. Once I realized perfection was a made up, unachievable, unrealistic fantasy inside my head (thanks all to the overplayed media), I looked for someone who was like me. I have now learned to appreciate people for their flaws and imperfections because, in my opinion, that's what makes them "perfect". I look for "real" men and I constitute a "real" man as someone who isn't like what you see on t.v. or in the movies or in the magazines, but someone who is just like everyone else outside of hollywood. Someone who I don't feel i'm always having to compete for or bust my ass to be good enough for, but someone who loves me for me and someone who I love for them.

hrdawson's photo
Sat 10/20/07 09:33 PM
...walks in the room...
...takes a good look around...
...grabs the popcorn...
...finds a seat...
...and sits back to enjoy the show...
...nothing like dinner and a movie on a saturday night...
...I love JSH...LoL =)

hrdawson's photo
Wed 10/17/07 08:50 PM
THAT MEANS NO!!! LOL

hrdawson's photo
Wed 10/17/07 08:49 PM
IIKK II IILLLLLLLLLLLLLLI LL LL LL LL LL LL LL
II KK II II II LL LL LL LL LL LL LL
II KK II II II
II KK II II II OO OO OO OO OO OO OO
II KKII IILLLLLLLLLLLLLLI OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

hrdawson's photo
Tue 10/16/07 06:56 PM
I really love to draw and also write songs.

hrdawson's photo
Tue 10/16/07 06:45 PM
Ummmm...I'd say to break it down plain and simple...that with lust your feelings for the other person only lie in wanting to having sex with them and nothing else...and with love your feelings for the other person lie in having a real, serious, long-term relationship with them along with sex.

hrdawson's photo
Thu 10/11/07 06:00 PM
and wipe it out with methane gas

hrdawson's photo
Thu 10/11/07 05:59 PM
to take over the world

hrdawson's photo
Thu 10/11/07 12:34 PM
Worst one I ever received: "Would you like a cat with that meow?" (WTF!) I was pulling up at a Taco Bell drive through when the guy at the window said this to me. The worst part about it though, is that he thought he was being clever (as usual) and sat there and smiled at me waiting for a response. I turned and looked at my brother who was sitting next to me and gave him this look of complete confusion trying to figure out if I'm just stupid or if I missed something. Neither of us could figure out what he meant by that, so I just said, "No, but I'd like some hot sauce."

The best one I ever received: "Somebody call God because he's missing an angel." This was a comment made by a friend of mine when I showed him a picture of my Halloween costume last year. Guess what I was?

hrdawson's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:40 AM
If you could be so kind as to tell me what this means, I would greatly appreciate it...

There's this friend whom I have that has told me that he thinks I'm perfect (i.e., the whole package and everything) yet we're only friends and he's constantly reminding me of that, but he has also said that he loves hanging out with me and he feels there's a connection with me and we'll see where it puts us in the future. What does that mean?

If I'm supposedly so perfect and the whole package to him, why hasn't he asked me out yet and why is he reminding that we're only friends?

Oh, and to add a little twist on it, I sleep over at his house all the time (although we don't have sex because I don't believe in pre-marital sex), but the things we do aren't things that "friends" typically do. And because of the "no pre-marital sex" thing, he says he doesn't want to corrupt me and I guess I can understand why that would be a reason he wouldn't go out with me.

But he also encourages me to pursue other relationships with other guys, but then talks about "our" plans together? Am I missing something? Should I just enjoy this relationship for what it is and see if it goes anywhere or what? I guess I just don't get it? I'm perfect, yet not good enough. What's up with that?

hrdawson's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:17 AM
Well, I would definitely have to say that when it comes to showing off cleavage, I am guilty, guilty, guilty. However, I don't think it's the classy way to go. You definitely do not want a guy hooking up with you just because he gets to stare at your boobs all day long.

hrdawson's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:12 AM
uhhhhhhhhhh.......maybe on the cheek, but see I'm a shy person and I don't know you all that well. Plus, I don't kiss on the first date. Maybe, on the second, though. LOL. Just playin' =)

hrdawson's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:05 AM
Hi, my name is Heather. I'm 19. I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, a full-time student getting my Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, and just getting into Latin Dance, which I love. I'm a Conservative Christian Republican looking for someone who wants me for me. Is that too much to ask for? I think not, but finding it might be another story. Hopefully, that story ends here.

hrdawson's photo
Sun 10/07/07 10:35 PM
In my opinion, thongs are sexy as hell (if you look good in them and not everyone does), but also uncomfortable as hell (unless you happen to wear them all the time and no longer notice them ridding up your ass). Every time I wear them, I have this instant urge to pick a wedgie, but then remember I'm wearing a thong and so that won't make a difference. I usually don't wear thongs unless I'm, wearing a dress or a short skirt (and don't want to have underwear lines and have my underwear be as sexy as my outfit), or if that's what I know my boyfriend likes and ladies you should try to be accommodating to the boyfriend and visa versa. - But obviously to an extent, everyone has to draw the line somewhere. If it's that uncomfortable then just don't do it. If you try to be sexy by wearing a thong, but have a look of discomfort on your face, that will totally kill the mood.

hrdawson's photo
Sun 10/07/07 10:20 PM
I never kiss on the first date, but maybe that's because I'm old fashioned or maybe it's because I'm reserved. In my opinion, kissing on the first date just opens up a whole different ball park and lets the guy know you're easy to score on. Think about it, if at the end of the first date you're kissing him, now he's probably thinking to himself..."I wonder what I can get at the end of the second date." So, a relationship that might have started out as two people getting to know each other goes straight to how far he can get before he strikes out.

hrdawson's photo
Sun 10/07/07 10:12 PM
The only thing that matters to me is that our morals, values, and beliefs match up. Rich or poor, upper or lower class doesn't make a difference, because I know from first hand experience that money nor status buys happiness and sometimes the happiest people on earth are the one's who have the least. It's all about what you do with your life and how you choose to live it and if you're happy, not what you have or don't have. Material possessions or lack of them don't make us who we are, it's what we have inside of us that makes us who we are. People are either going to except us for who we are or not except us for who we are, but if all they look at is how much money we have in the bank or what family we come from, then they're not really the type of person I want by my side 'till death do us part.