Community > Posts By > static28

static28's photo
Mon 12/06/10 11:52 PM
i do like the obsession people have with greek gods and what not. they are awesome to read about. entertaining, creative, all that jazz. i just wonder how people don't figure out that they were no more real than the gods of today. as far as a billboard would go, im tired of attracting attention and telling people they are completely wrong. and honestly, i hope i am wrong. i hope there is some fantastic afterlife that i get to go to. but i know there isnt. and if there is and i get denied because i actually thought things through, then i will galdly burn in hell, because god is a jackass.

static28's photo
Mon 12/06/10 11:41 PM
did i just get in trouble? ah well. im actually a really nice guy. one person just happens to be pushing my online buttons

static28's photo
Sun 12/05/10 06:57 PM
well i guess my daughter is "poisoned" because her father doesn't believe in god. at the very least she will actually be open minded though. she will learn that just because our family isn't religious, doesnt mean we can't be accepting of those who are. she will learn to love every day of her life because its all she will ever get. you should feel lucky, when you die, you won't ever have to deal with the fact that your religion was a big waste of time. you will just be dead. meh, i dont even know why im still arguing. people like you drive me up the wall. religion makes absolutely no sense to me, but i can deal with anyone who feels that way.

static28's photo
Sun 12/05/10 06:38 PM
you can't force people to believe. no matter what you say, the idea of god will never make sense to me. we are not "trolls", but you are trying to force this issue down our throats. it wont work, just like anything we say you will just ignore, we will do the same. i am an open minded person, and i really don't care what people believe or don't believe, but i'm not going to say "I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG" thats what being open minded is about, accepting the fact that others believe something else

static28's photo
Sun 12/05/10 06:23 PM
did you read the page at all? im confused as to why you are happy

static28's photo
Sun 12/05/10 06:16 PM
Edited by static28 on Sun 12/05/10 06:22 PM
http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

somehow a story about einstein seems like it would more likely be made up for the internet as opposed to someone actually doing research to prove the story wrong. its just an internet story, as real as unicorns, the loch ness monster, and god

static28's photo
Tue 11/30/10 12:58 AM

your picture disturbs me greatly.
just thought i'd let you know.

its just a baby bird. do you hate babies? or birds?

static28's photo
Tue 11/30/10 12:42 AM
i know i'm still knew, and i did stumble upon this site hoping to find a partner on this website (which i haven't) but anyways, i have found some people to talk to. it is nice having some people who are around constantly. i am not good at making new friends or asking women out on dates. i am in a fairly new place and feel somewhat alone. but yeah, just a thank you to the people on these forums. its not as close of a connection as i would like, but its something. i really hope everyone finds the person they are looking for.

static28's photo
Mon 11/29/10 01:24 AM
me, i miss a lot of things. but really, the most important thing was having someone to just spill your heart out to . i miss getting a back rub while i talked about things i had never spoken about before. i miss that feeling of being there for one another. yes i miss sex, but whatever. thats not what made my relationship. i just want a good friend, a person to talk to. a person to make me feel good. what do you miss?

static28's photo
Mon 11/29/10 01:21 AM
because thats whats expected nowadays. i prefer to take things slow, and im prolly weird because of it. i dunno, its hard to date nowadays. you have to be afraid of herpes and child support if you do get busy. who knows? i don't know how to date. prolly never will

static28's photo
Sun 11/28/10 12:52 AM
what do you get if you cross an elephant with a rhino?
elephino (hell if i know) meh. ive heard hundreds. thats all i could remember

static28's photo
Sun 11/28/10 12:38 AM
i dont know that i have favorites but some that make very little sense to me are " get you're ducks in a row" "eat your heart out" and "beat around the bush"

static28's photo
Sun 11/28/10 12:25 AM
i really wouldn't mind if i'm wrong about the whole god is about as real as any story book character. i would love to say hey, look we're dead and thats it, theres nothing else. i suppose the good thing about being religious is that once you die, you never really know that you were completely wrong the whole time. people can argue this, bring up that, talk about whatever, but we never really find out. i don't care if someone genuinely feels that they have a connection to "god" but i dont. i do not care. if it makes you feel good about your life, then go ahead and keep on believing. but don't press it on me. i am here enjoying the few years i have being alive, not an eternity. thats what makes me happy. people are believing things from thousands of years ago. this whole faith thing is a joke. i hardly trust my bank when i deposit money, and i can go talk to them. meh, im rambling. gods not real. neither is the easter bunny, but at least he seems to be friendly

static28's photo
Fri 11/26/10 11:27 PM
i do not think that knowing you will die gives your life any less meaning. in fact, i believe that the fact we will die is the only thing that drives many people to greatness. in high school i wrote a poem called "the sunny side of death" which focuses on this very thing. living forever would eventually get boring, and it would be way too easy to say "ill do it tomorrow". i dont think that immortality in any sense would be a good thing. in my opinion, the key to life is enjoying what you have, and what it has brought you. i also believe that some people are in so much pain or have been through so much pain, that they can no longer enjoy just being alive. death is a motivator. in my original post, what i was trying to say is that eventually human kind will be no more. some of us will end up as fossils in the ground for some other creature to find in the future. and even after that, our sun will not last forever. this galaxy may not lost forever. when you look at time as a whole, we are a microscopic dot on an infinite timeline. it doesn't mean that we can't enjoy what we have, but in the long run, in the entire history of everything that has been and will be done, we are nothing.

static28's photo
Fri 11/26/10 11:04 PM
i'm 25, my ex was a couple years older than me. i've never really dated anyone younger than i am, which is a little different for a guy i suppose. i think between the ages of 18 and early thirties would be my ideal age group. it just has to be the right person. but yeah, how do you all feel about age differences? do you have a limitations, or are you fine with anyone of any age?

static28's photo
Fri 11/26/10 10:47 PM
every recipe post i see of yours seems to involve tater tots. interesting idea though

static28's photo
Fri 11/26/10 10:40 PM
i don't believe this is a total attack on atheism. i am an atheist and some of what was said is true to an extent. of course, i disagree, or at least feel some of what was said needs some defending. for example, "your life has no meaning or purpose" on a large scale has some truth to it. eventually humans will no longer exist, this planet will no longer exist, and everything we ever did will be just a blip in time. however, in the time i have alive, i am here to do everything i can to make my daughter enjoy her life, to do everything i can to enjoy my life. to appreciate that i do have a life. i don't worry about an ultimate purpose because in the end, there isn't one. and as far morals go, i believe in doing things that i believe are right. i am a good person because i want to be a good person. i do not need a creator slapping my wrist every time i do something bad. what do i consider moral? i consider the actions i am taking and how they affect people around me. when you think about how youre actions might affect people around you, its not hard to figure out what is right and what is wrong. i don't feel like arguing about this post to the death. i dont think this post was an attack, just an argument for religious people to feel more confident in what they believe in. the religious/non religious arguments should really try to avoid personal attacks, and stick to a healthy debate.

static28's photo
Fri 11/26/10 10:23 PM
as opposed to "Receptive to new and different ideas or the opinions of others" like a dictionary might say. i might have to try this whole using my own definition of a word. in my profile i can say im a "billionaire" and "Perfect"

static28's photo
Thu 11/25/10 10:44 PM
and why does your profile say open minded to the extreme?

static28's photo
Thu 11/25/10 10:43 PM
a documentary does not prove anything. i'll watch it sometime, not tonight though. and if being religious means you don't accept the different beliefs of others that in no way hurt other human beings and you feel the need to call them ignorant pricks, then i'll pass on it, even if there is actual proof of a higher power

Previous 1 3 4 5 6