Community > Posts By > Shaden

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:57 AM
Edited by Shaden on Sat 04/26/08 01:04 AM
I don't share often but I'm Latter Day Saint and no we don't believe in plural marriage. That's a breakoff from the original Gospel and very different from the religion & in my eyes twisted thinking. Some think of the religion as a cult but it is not. I haven't been able to go to church in almost a year and a half and I really miss it. I think I have to work harder on not being wide open. than some...my language has slipped a bit.

I saw a forum knocking Mormons earlier and I thought to comment, then thought if I'd been taught what most are I'd be ragging on Mormons too. The difference is The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints and The Reformed Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. Being a child advocate for years, infuriates me to hear of men having sex with minors--twisted. Also some believe Mormons don't believe in Christ, but totally untrue. It's the foundation of the religion.

Yellowrose your first thoughts echoed mine. flowerforyou I too believe God is our father and we are sisters and brothers, in the spiritual sense, though I don't know how that comes into play when there is a union or marriage. I think we all have questions.

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:44 AM
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:42 AM
Sanjee, are you holding out on me? Just jk. Night all. yawn

((Actually I was hoping to find some on-line work myelf. Now that my divorce went through, taxes will bite. If anyone knows an actual valid way, online, PLEASE SHARE. If sites aren't allowed in the forums, please write. Been leery, since so many ripoff scams.)) I'm going to start taking classes for a nursing degree since my daughter will be 18 in a year and 2 months and do not want my parenting to come under question and no imposing in her life. I'll clean hotel rooms if I must (though sure would not like), but may need about $15,000, more a yr., while working towards. a nursing degree.
SUX BIG TIME!--SO PLEASE IF U KNOW.

Sweet Dreams flowerforyou

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:28 AM
To my knowledge I've only been in one and slept through it. I did hear, on a discovery show, that the smaller ones can prevent a larger one from taking place. Sounds frightening.

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:25 AM
From my experience they get worse before they get better. That is not meant to upset you. flowerforyou I thought my world had ended when I saw a picture of my, under age drinking on his myspace page, with under underage youth. Threw a great big crybaby fit. Cried for hours, told him I felt like a failure as a mom, then started thinking. I did that stuff, too, when I was a teen.

If you instill the proper principles, by example as well as in conveying - most come back to the proper way of thinking and acting. You are so right in explaining the harm, but they have to know we love them dispite their mistakes. Thinking back I should have handled that better. That was definitely one of my most melodramatic mom, times.

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:08 AM
Damn, it's late. laugh yawn yawn

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:07 AM
error

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:07 AM
resistant to antibiotics

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:06 AM
What's going on? laugh

Shaden's photo
Sat 04/26/08 12:06 AM
Yep, me too. I feel bad..my phone died on JohnCarl,new home home doesn't work and the site was down. Hope he'll understand it was not by choice. grumble noway

Shaden's photo
Fri 04/25/08 10:08 PM
Hey, Hey :smile:

Shaden's photo
Fri 04/25/08 10:07 PM
flowerforyou Sweet Dreams

Shaden's photo
Fri 04/25/08 10:06 PM
I try to be accepting of all. I do hate it when I hear someone belittling, or humilisting another, though. I have been known to say something.

Shaden's photo
Fri 04/25/08 10:02 PM

grumble I was nearly killed by a gal I met on here like thatnoway

Mirror, you're a trip. Cracked me up again. flowerforyou

Shaden's photo
Thu 04/24/08 11:30 PM
If I was dating exclusively I'd boldly put that in my profile, but keep the friends.
JSH friends are great!happy :tongue: happy
I'm hoping some will be friends for life!

Shaden's photo
Thu 04/24/08 11:17 PM

I see this question posted all of the time in the personals section, so I thought I'd take a minute to explain things to the ladies out there that haven't figured it out.

What happened to all the nice guys?

The answer is simple: you did.

See, if you think back really hard, you might vaguely remember a platonic guy pal who always seemed to want to spend time with you. He'd tag along with you when you went shopping, stop by your place for a movie when you were lonely but didn't feel like going out, or even sit there and hold you while you sobbed and told him about how horribly the other guy that you were screwing treated you.

At the time, you probably joked with your girlfriends about how he was a little puppy dog, always following you around, trying to do things to get you to pay attention to him. They probably teased you because they thought he had a crush on you. Given that his behavior was, admittedly, a little pathetic, you denied having any romantic feelings for him, and told everyone that you were "just friends." Besides, he absolutely was not your type. I mean, he was a little too short, or too bald, or too fat, or too poor, or didn't know how to dress himself, or basically be or do any of the things that your tall, good-looking, fit, rich, stylish boyfriend at the time pulled off with such ease.

Eventually, your platonic buddy drifted away, as your relationship with the boyfriend got more serious and spending time with this other guy was, admittedly, a little weird, if you weren't dating him. More time passed, and the boyfriend eventually cheated on you, or became boring, or you realized that the things that attracted you to him weren't the kinds of things that make for a good, long-term relationship. So, now, you're single again, and after having tried the bar scene for several months having only encountered players and douche bags, you wonder, "What happened to all the nice guys?"

Well, once again, you did.

You ignored the nice guy. You used him for emotional intimacy without reciprocating with physical intimacy. You laughed at his consideration and resented his devotion. You valued the aloof boyfriend more than the attentive platonic friend. Eventually, he took the hint and moved on with his life. He probably came to realize, one day, that women aren't really attracted to guys who hold doors open, or make dinners just because, or buy you a Christmas gift that you mentioned, in passing, that you really wanted five months ago; or listen when you're upset, or hold you when you cry. He came to realize that, if he wanted a woman like you, he'd have to act more like the boyfriend that you had. He probably cleaned up his look, started making some money, and generally acted like more of an asshole than he ever wanted to be.

The fact is, now, he's probably getting laid, and in a way, your ultimate rejection of him is to thank for that. And I'm sorry that it took the complete absence of "nice guys" in your life for you to realize that you missed them and wanted them. Most women will only have a handful of nice guys stumble into their lives, and only if they are lucky.

So, if you're looking for a nice guy, here's what you do:

1.) Build a time machine.
2.) Go back a few years and pull your head out of your ass.
3.) Take a look at what's right in front of you and grab a hold of it.

I suppose the other possibility is that you STILL don't really want a nice guy, but you feel the social pressure to at least appear to have matured beyond your infantile taste in men. In which case, you might be in luck, because the nice guy you claim to want has, in reality, shed his nice guy mantle and is out there looking to unleash his cynicism and resentment onto someone just like you.

If you were five years younger.

So please, either stop misrepresenting what you want, or own up to the fact that you've really screwed up. You're getting older, after all. It's time to excise the bull**** and deal with reality. You didn't want a nice guy then, and he certainly doesn't want you, at least not now.

Sincerely,

Jimmy F

An Actual Nice Guy

Nice try, but it can't all be summed up this way, too many variables...better luck next time...I guess you see yourself as a nice guy...nice guys can be a@@holes too...flowerforyou

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with this. I went for the "nice guy." He didn't end up being so nice. Stayed with him for 26 years. Realized...other than my beautiful :heart: children :heart: nothing was nice, at all.
I never had my head up my a@@. I think I hid my brain for a while. The nicer I was, the meaner he became. --His Loss! Divorce papers coming in the mail, maybe today. --My Gain!

Shaden's photo
Thu 04/24/08 11:10 PM
Eww, tis the season. laugh

Shaden's photo
Thu 04/24/08 11:09 PM
Best of Luckflowerforyou

Shaden's photo
Thu 04/24/08 01:48 AM
Edited by Shaden on Thu 04/24/08 01:49 AM
Bebe Buelle

Shaden's photo
Thu 04/24/08 01:47 AM