Community > Posts By > 90was

90was's photo
Fri 04/27/18 08:12 AM
There are nice people online, it all takes time.

90was's photo
Wed 04/18/18 12:32 AM
For a first meet and greet, I think it's nice to have a drink in the downtown food court. Certain times of day it isn't busy and then you can figure out if you want to go out to get a sub, show and drinks at a movie or what have you. That is why it's important to have someone more locally. More planning and trust is involved with a longer distance connection. People tend to be in a big hurry to connect for whatever reason, if you're not on the same page to begin with, there just won't be a meet-up.

90was's photo
Sun 04/15/18 11:09 PM
I think the dating sites will have to evolve as time goes by. It is true that only the attractive will really get quick results. I find that everybody is cautious about meeting anyone. I don't really blame them. Where is that one in a million person who isn't a scoundrel and sees past that shell? On a recent trip out of town I spotted 2 guys who were from another site and they did not try to get to know me or ask anything first. They took one look and took off...and they did not ask for money or anything online.

Perhaps it's best to live your life the best you can and participate socially on forums like this and hope for the best. It takes a long time to get that one-in-a-million. I wish I knew about the Mingle forums 10-15 yrs ago, would have at least met a few guys by now.

As society evolves, it either becomes more complicated, degenerates or in some parts of the world, becomes a bit of both.

It is not a waste of time to learn new ideas on the forums, it's not a waste of time or money to look up the different types of shady procedures and laundering schemes. Builds character.

It's difficult finding that needle in a haystack--if it's not out there and time is running out live out your days the best way you can and that is all you can do. The dating site may well become the social site and that is why people return to the forums.

90was's photo
Sun 04/15/18 10:38 PM
Wrapping up the night with Smooth FM from Sydney Australia via Streema. It has a good mix of classic pop.
flowerforyou waving

90was's photo
Thu 04/12/18 05:16 PM
Privacy to me is respecting boundaries. Never force anything on anyone.

90was's photo
Tue 04/10/18 06:42 PM
Going through the pain builds character. When it stops, you find what you seek. When it doesn't it wasn't meant to be I guess. Find something else to give you time and effort to.

90was's photo
Tue 04/10/18 05:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJggjRvJ-1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=257wV-AbKaE

Always think twice.

spock sad2

Doing odd jobs may be small change, but better than the alternative above.

90was's photo
Fri 04/06/18 09:19 PM
Telling someone I love them is hard since it takes a very special person for it to mean anything significant.

90was's photo
Tue 04/03/18 03:18 PM
Went to a gardening meeting today, planted seedling trays with herb seeds and enjoyed some nice cake. Cooked a turkey last night and will be saving some meat and storing some and hope to make some soup from the carcass. Have another meeting tomorrow and a trip out of town on Sat.

90was's photo
Sun 04/01/18 04:58 PM
Peace Be With You this Easter! How long did it take before you found your partner online and how long did it take before you had your first meeting?

90was's photo
Sun 03/25/18 08:51 AM
Intimacy leads to attachments and expectations. I agree people need their space as I do myself. And to a certain degree privacy. Just have to use common sense.

90was's photo
Sat 03/24/18 04:04 PM
Good consumer humor too. Looking for anyone who is a good fit for me personally is not easy. The lady from the Bay area would have men really looking her way in Westman because she is self-sufficient and that supersedes being average in looks. Being healthy and being self sufficient is important with men when they want a serious relationship.

I'm using the theory of assumption in concluding that being self sufficient and capable and having a positive attitude is a major turn-on for men wanting something serious.

Serious relationships can cause serious stress so I prefer a loving friendship to a serious committed entanglement which is what it could well become---something very complicated or something quite relaxed, depending on the partners-in-crime involved.

I depends what anyone is ready to settle for in the end.

90was's photo
Fri 03/23/18 02:14 PM
Definitely companionship with cooperation and understanding. Anytime.

90was's photo
Fri 03/23/18 05:14 AM
Agreed 200%. frustrated brokenheart what

90was's photo
Thu 03/22/18 03:33 AM
I believe in hindsight that I have never had a really good relationship with someone. The best example of a great guy was someone my age who unfortunately was not available, but who knew how to show compassion, caring and love for humankind in general.
I don't miss having to be a caretaker for a boyfriend or having to do EVERYTHING in private.
What I have always missed in life is that acceptance for what and who I am at the moment, in and out of struggles. There is only one person so far I have met who was capable of showing that. One day there may be another. At the moment I am still hopeful of that.

90was's photo
Thu 03/22/18 02:08 AM
I see a profile of a person who wants a socially-conscious, proactive, confident person. I hope you find that, just be patient. Best Wishes on your search.

90was's photo
Wed 03/21/18 06:31 AM
Edited by 90was on Wed 03/21/18 06:34 AM
slaphead Hope that makes sense.

90was's photo
Wed 03/21/18 06:30 AM
To get to know and accept the person as they are now, then work the H2IK sequence or (hell if I know) from there. That takes time and most people are too impatient to get something without going through the sequence. Everyone is different, so don't assume the same line will work with each person. Take every person on their own individual flaws and merits. May be clear as mud, but that's how I see it.

90was's photo
Wed 03/21/18 02:25 AM
:laughing: Thank you Beachfarmer.

90was's photo
Sun 03/18/18 08:25 PM
Sunday at 10:23 pm it's 27F or -3C with some cloud. may snow at 7AM Monday morning. (Weather Network)

Previous 1 3 4