Community > Posts By > 90was

90was's photo
Sun 03/18/18 03:32 AM
I would like to more often. Growing up in the countryside, sang along with the radio all the time and loved it. Nearest neighbor was 1/2 mile away. I think the neighbors would throw snowballs at me if I did it more at home now. It would disturb the peace.

Once I was at the Expressions Gala and the co-chair and I were testing out the mikes--we ran through "Can't Help Falling In Love" a couple of times. When there was hardly anyone around, I had no problem with that. But then the co-chair roped me into doing it as people were coming into the hall as a form of background noise. She wasn't sure she could carry it alone. I can carry a tune, but can't memorize words.

So we're doing the background noise and I feel uncomfortable because there's someone out there I'm infatuated with and he is a married man. We did the song and he was out there watching it. I was embarrassed. I seldom feel comfortable singing in public--in fact I really don't. I tend to joke that if someone wants to have a jam session and clear the room, I'll be happy to join in.

By the way, I always liked Corey Hart's version on tape and YouTube.

90was's photo
Fri 03/16/18 04:27 PM
I would sing with the radio or a video sometimes. A bit croaky at the moment, the walls of the building are not properly soundproofed so I don't want to freak out the neighbours.

90was's photo
Thu 03/15/18 11:14 PM
Long distance relationships work if people don't have high expectations. That includes family and friends.

90was's photo
Thu 03/15/18 08:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Fzf8CLg1s

Theory on how two branches of evolution developed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHb6n8nICck

Animal Planet theory debunked later. It's like the continuous search for the missing links. If these animals exist, they are just that---wild animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVgrOXVJ77M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txgmudo9LMo

what whoa

90was's photo
Thu 03/15/18 04:54 AM
Picture is good, fill out the interest section, take out the gmail address from the profile. Give people an idea of what you expect friendship to be with you. Best of luck to you.

90was's photo
Thu 03/15/18 02:38 AM
Caring

90was's photo
Wed 03/14/18 07:23 PM
It's important to take it on a case by case basis. In some cases, people have a background where public displays of affection are common. In other cases it means they are ready to have you spend the night. Use common sense and know your person well before assuming the latter. If in doubt, even ask her if she wants you to spend the night. If she says, no, but I really enjoyed spending time with you, back off. If she says yes, or if this has happened more than once, be prepared and have a great night.

90was's photo
Wed 03/14/18 06:09 PM
I am associated with someone who has COPD which exaggerates some aspects of his character which are very annoying. He will deny it, but I know he's dying, so there are days I hold my piece and other times I go so far and then stop.

I think sometimes a person has to give somebody space and you need to give yourself space, then reason with each other when you cool off. Each situation is different. If things get too unclear and confusing, it's time to evaluate and think about how important that relationship is.

There was one theory I heard of once which said every contact you have constitutes a relationship, whether it be for business, association, friendship, family, platonic, intimate, or whatever. Sometimes you have to draw the line and say, "that's it". That is a boundary and sometimes you have to cut someone some slack when you have to associate with them in a group in order to get things done. They should do the same for you. Sometimes it's important to think of the bigger picture and that is what compromise means to me personally.

If the situation is not worth pursuing and I meet up with a stranger downtown who asks something I don't think is any of their business, I change the subject. If you think that you won't meet that person again, there is no point in arguing about it. No harm done.

90was's photo
Wed 03/14/18 04:47 PM
This is an example of what the previous generation of Ukrainians might have enjoyed. This is closer to traditional with a modern twist and it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w_LLGdPdms

It is music performed for a modern talent show using the cymbala or dulcimer.

This link displays a positive group a relative belongs to (Len is the bald guy on the far right). An accapella presentation by Perpetual Emotion Quartet. Keeps my cousin out of trouble. :o)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4JQb6ZYLb4

90was's photo
Wed 03/14/18 04:16 PM
Culture is diverse all over the world. There is no right or wrong. I found the Commonwealth Day quite cultural in scope. For example, the downtown art gallery has been leaning towards having a few exhibits geared towards native culture over maybe the last 6 months. The annual Winter Festival has presentations from a few different groups like English, Irish, Ukrainian, Metis, Filipino, etc. This year's displays for the Winter Gardens were considered cultural/creative as well. What you have given looks fine to me. Just go with your gut.

90was's photo
Wed 03/14/18 04:02 PM
Frienship.

90was's photo
Tue 03/13/18 07:05 PM
From different reaches of the net, please share what sort of videos or articles you would file under this heading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIwucLbMoVU

Commonwealth Day celebrated in church by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and her family featuring cultural presentations.
waving

90was's photo
Tue 03/13/18 12:01 AM
If I had a soulmate on Earth, what would I say?

I've waited a lifetime for you. I have been hoping for someone who would be good enough for anyone, especially me. With my better half, I could be proud of everything about him. He could be among my peer group and go out in a public place and there would be no problems whatsoever. Nature would make it so, marriage licence unnecessary.

What worries me is that you will never find this and you're waiting on the other side. Or we missed each other somewhere and you are already too tied down to do anything about it.

Good night, day or morning sweetheart. Wherever you may be.waving flowerforyou brokenheart

90was's photo
Mon 03/12/18 10:31 PM
Slowly getting over a cold I've had for over a week. Slowly getting outside with the snow and the ice. Still coughing a bit, but the legs are slowly getting stronger and I shovel for a few minutes, rest, then repeat. Best thing for generally unhealthy people is not to do too much at once, ever.
Rewarded myself with some comfort food: Mediterranean pizza, Greek salad and Brisk ice tea.
Slowly but surely moving around, thankfully the temperature is not bad for winter during the day and the sun was shining the last couple of days without a bad amount of wind.
Past midnight on the icy Prairies right now, though, cruisin' through the forums.

90was's photo
Mon 03/12/18 09:51 PM
In layman's terms here is a short quote from:
https://kimberlysnyder.com/blog/2014/03/21/can-tell-difference-good-stress-bad-stress/

"What’s the Difference Between Good Stress and Bad Stress?
In general, good stress is short-term and pushes you to accomplish greater things. In these situations, you tend to have a lot of control over the outcome and the stress can motivate you. Bad stress can be short-term or long-term. Bad stress is often accompanied by feelings of helplessness because you don’t have a lot of control over what’s happening and you may begin to feel compressed or trapped."

As an ordinary person, this makes sense to me, and it is a daily struggle to balance between good and bad.

90was's photo
Mon 03/12/18 09:33 PM
The other two guys are far more experienced in such matters than you or I and they make sound points. The description is good maybe one more picture with the eyes not looking like a deer staring into the headlights of a oncoming car or truck.
But with time and experience we can all learn through proper mentorship and of course, the notorious trial and error process. Best Wishes and Best of Luck on here.

90was's photo
Mon 03/12/18 09:17 PM
laugh :smile: Being half way across the world I wouldn't worry too much about that. Enjoy your week.

90was's photo
Mon 03/12/18 01:42 AM
The world's greatest treasure,
Contains the sustenance,
Of the mind--

Easing of the essence of the soul,
The thirst for enlightenment.

May the weight of my burdens be lifted,
Through the kindness of your good heart.

Such a rare treasure as this--
In this maze of virtual reality,
Is such a celebratory treat.

90was's photo
Mon 03/12/18 01:29 AM
waving flowerforyou

90was's photo
Sun 03/11/18 08:32 PM
Major learning curve. To give the Nigerians credit, they sure work hard for their money, they don't give up easily. If I was a sly as they were, I wouldn't have to be here and it wouldn't matter if I looked good as long as I was well-groomed and clean.

Anyway, I am going to slow down and maybe there will be a new batch coming in eventually. Too soon to totally give up the ship.brokenheart