Community > Posts By > Britty

Britty's photo
Mon 12/01/08 09:55 AM

Have to agree with Ruth, religion has nothing to do with it really

I've known some really nice people that didn't believe, or weren't sure, and I've known some that were supposed to be Christian but it only applied on Sunday.

Nice is Nice and Mean is Mean, it comes in all persuasions, beliefs and such.

Well put Sharp.

I have found that the warmest, caring people that I have met are those who have real faith rather than simply being 'religious'.

Britty's photo
Mon 12/01/08 04:05 AM

What Child is This? - Josh Groban

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ULS8_4lizY

Britty's photo
Mon 12/01/08 04:02 AM

Good morning everyone.

http://mingle2.com/topic/show/184966 - Christian Meeting Place - Stop in and introduce yourself

I hope you all have a blessed day.

flowers

Britty's photo
Mon 12/01/08 03:55 AM

Thank you Marty and Rainbow for sharing.

Yes, sometimes it takes us a while to see what is right there beside us all along.

QS - thanks for stopping by. This could be a meeting place/chat room if you wish for sharing whatever is on one's heart to worship and praise the Lord.

Enjoy your day everyone.

God bless.

flowers

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 07:38 PM

Hi Marty, thank you for your honesty.

I liked the poem on your profile.

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 07:21 PM

GOD

WANTS

RELATIONSHIP

WITH

US.....

NOT

RELIGION!!!!

Relationship with God

ALONE.....

CHANGES

a STONY Heart

into a

Heart of LOVE !!!

It is GOD and GOD ALONE,

Who

CHANGES

the heart of man

from

WITHIN.

Religion on the other hand,

only "attempts"

to bring about a change

from within....

but only brings change

from

WITHOUT ONLY!!

Just RELIGION alone

(without a heart change from within)

will NEVER

change a stony heart

into

a heart of FLESH(LOVE).

EVER......

:heart::heart::heart:

flowers

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 06:35 PM

I would like this to be a place where Christians can meet and get to know one another a little.

Please feel free to introduce yourself and share something of your faith in God.

I will start by saying I have had a faith in God since childhood, but it was later as an adult that I really understood the difference that Jesus makes in the heart of a believer.

I am thankful for the difference He has made in my life and the wonderful friends that He has given me.

Every day I get to experience His wonderful creation is truly a blessing.

flowers :heart:

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 06:03 PM

Thank you Marty, now I understand.

No offence, just puzzled at first.

flowers waving :thumbsup:

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 05:26 PM

Marty,

" sure hope you don't miss out on salvation cause someone decide to take away from some words of the bible....the rest of this verse states..."whosoever beleiveth in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life"

-- I wasn't sure what you were saying here

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 02:05 PM

"For God so loved the whole world that He gave His only Son..." John 3:16, paraphrased
oops, sorry any one who is not familier with John 3:16. sure hope you don't miss out on salvation cause someone decide to take away from some words of the bible....the rest of this verse states..."whosoever beleiveth in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life"

??

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 11:45 AM
Thank you for posting QS.

flowers

King James Bible
Mathew 5.13

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 05:18 AM

The true essence of Christmas is not about the colorfull box that we expect to recieve,its not about the colorfull light outside and inside,that we see, ITS THE HEART THAT BEATS TO OTHERS, lIKE THE HEART OF JESUS THAT BEAST FOR US..i love you all! feel the true essence of Christmas!

Well put, GG. Welcome here.

God bless,

flowers

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 05:15 AM

but being NAUGHTY devil is more FUN than being NON-naughty!:angel:
for a while maybe, but just like the best dessert in the world, it has limits and concequences!

flowerforyou

All sin and fall short of the glory of God, but as Christians we strive to be more like Jesus.

"For there will be no mercy for you if you have not been merciful to others. But if you have been merciful, then God's mercy toward you will win out over His judgement against you." James 2:13 NLT

flowers

Britty's photo
Sun 11/30/08 05:06 AM
Good morning all. flowers

Advent All Year
Marybeth Whalen
(Proerbs 31 ministries)

“Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.” Revelation 19:7 (NIV)

Devotion:

The word “advent” means “to come.” So the advent season we are entering is a time of preparing for Christ to come. This season becomes a time to turn our hearts towards the practice of seeking Him. And indeed, during this festive time on the calendar, many hearts are turned, and many intentions renewed.

In the gospels, Jesus refers to the Church as His bride. He speaks of a day when He will come for the Church and there will be a wedding ceremony like no one has ever seen! In the midst of a struggling economy, failing marriages, and brokenness everywhere I look, that is a vision that motivates me beyond my circumstances. And yet, is it a vision that is kept within the confines of Christmas? Or can we look for Jesus to come all year?

When Jesus used the marriage analogy to describe His relationship with His people, He knew that His listeners would attach certain cultural perceptions about marriage to this word picture. In Biblical times, it was common for an engaged couple to spend a year apart. The bride would spend time with her mother and other women she respected, learning to run a household and getting prepared, becoming a student of the desires and expectations of her groom. She took this time very seriously as she readied her heart and life for what was to come. The groom also spent time preparing. He would spend his time making a home for them to live in, the place he would bring his bride to with pride. Both parties had a pivotal role to play.

What a beautiful picture this is for the Church and her Bridegroom! Christ has, as promised, gone to prepare a place for us. While we are apart, we can trust that He is working to build something beautiful. But we have an equally important role to play. While we are apart, we must learn what it takes to be His bride. We must study Him, learning how to keep His house in a way that pleases Him. This is not merely a suggestion, but an expectation. We can’t lose that expectation in the shuffle of changing times and cultures!

Though traditionally the season of advent is hemmed in between the dates of Thanksgiving and New Year’s, let’s not leave it there. Let’s make this season merely the beginning of our preparation for what is to come. We can commit this time that we are apart from our Bridegroom to prepare for Him, to anticipate His return, and to focus not only on when He came, but when He is coming again.

flowers

Britty's photo
Sat 11/29/08 07:11 PM

Oh yeah, and sorry about the typo on the scripture reference above. That is Matthew 19, not 9, in my first post.:heart:

I believe you explained that pretty well Laura.

flowers

Britty's photo
Fri 11/28/08 04:26 AM

I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving.

It was lovely here, the weather was sunny and mild and good for travelling.

flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/26/08 09:54 AM

What Child is this? - Josh Groban

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9yiUQEGuc

flowers

Britty's photo
Wed 11/26/08 09:51 AM

After the age of 50?

The simple answer: No.

Britty's photo
Wed 11/26/08 09:41 AM