Community > Posts By > Thorb

Thorb's photo
Sat 12/11/10 12:31 PM
their photos are put there because they're the way they see themselves.

its a battle between narcisism and self loathing with a bit of pity me for my lack of talent in the image department.

You ladies are needed to help with the social public image us guys have when we go out into mixed company .... but when we are alone or with the guys ... all bets are off.

Thorb's photo
Fri 12/10/10 03:48 PM
neither in general .... now specific individuals ... that's a different story.

depends what the topic is and how loud the room is.
in a loud room the guys will shout and the girls will whisper

Thorb's photo
Fri 12/03/10 06:54 PM
seen a few over the years .... but as the saying goes .... they are unidentified ... [not extraterrestial space ships]

Thorb's photo
Fri 12/03/10 06:42 PM
All cellphone transmissions are recorded .... its fcc regulation to record everything broadcast through the air. Only land lines are secure. hard wired phones need warrants to be recorded legally.
Anything broadcast through the air is free to be recorded by anyone with capable equipment.

Thorb's photo
Fri 12/03/10 06:36 PM
not the point ... and neither is the OP's statement very sensible anyway ... so ... why try to use any logic ... its wasted.

and if you or I think its likely or not means squat to the facts.

there is soooooooo much more space than material in every atom... it is actually very likely ....

especially when you have to take the time to measure that straight line .... and time itself is another problem in this scenario.

if everything is stopped in that one moment in time ... the line is only straight because you think it is.... there is actually no such thing as a straight line.

Thorb's photo
Fri 12/03/10 05:25 PM
haven't met anyone close enough to meet in person on here ... have on the big Canadian site ... but not here.

still single though

Thorb's photo
Fri 12/03/10 05:14 PM
the only lazer wars he will experience will be with lazer pens in the classroom at his prep school

Thorb's photo
Fri 12/03/10 05:06 PM
Edited by Thorb on Fri 12/03/10 05:08 PM
well ....

if you take into account that every atom is more space [hole] than matter ....

there is a continuous hole through the earth at the center and at every other spot you pick.

Oh ... and nothing unusual is happing because of it.

Thorb's photo
Fri 12/03/10 03:02 PM
drugs aren't illegal ....

only some drugs are illegal

smoke two asperin and go to bed.

Thorb's photo
Thu 12/02/10 09:00 AM
Ah ... but like all great medical / pharma. discoveries.

it will be very expensive treatment .

So only the rich or lottery winners will get it. For some potential problems of living forever .... I recommend watching an old Sean Connery movie ....

Zardoz ....

Thorb's photo
Wed 12/01/10 06:38 PM
the report i saw said it would be years before any possibility of human testing ... but it looked promising.

and its now just feeling younger ... it actually allowed cells to regenerate the way they did when the mice were younger. So you would start to look younger as your sking got back its youthfulness.

It doesn't seem to extend life expectancy but makes for a better quality for old age and most likely a much less expensive old age since they figure it will decrease a lot of age related medical problems and let things heal much better.

I say bravo.

Thorb's photo
Wed 12/01/10 06:23 PM
to me .... dreams are mostly cheap entertainment.

Thorb's photo
Wed 12/01/10 05:29 PM
mostly true ... just the time duration can be drasticly different in each individual case.

Thorb's photo
Wed 12/01/10 05:09 PM
Edited by Thorb on Wed 12/01/10 05:12 PM

hi i just recently joined plentyoffish and even poured in some money to upgrade and be a "serious" member but it's been going on almost 5 days now and no luck. have you had any luck on that site? any suggestions?

Plentyoffish.com=Local pub.

Mingle2.com=Pool hall with bar.

Sorry, but PoF has a serious lack of any decent people there.

can't not comment on this one.....
I've found much more intelligence in the PoF forums ... just more nazi mods ...

PoF is more Canadian. that's the big difference
so ... for Canadians ... its way better ... more people closer to home ... so there is actually a good chance of meeting them face to face and not just cyber chat/crap.

I tried POF and have to disagree about the intelligence there. To each their own, though.

true enough ... but I'm wondering if you even found the PoF forums ... lol ....

that idiot Marcus hid them earlier this year ... I'm not talking about the average guy that might email you.

all sites are the same as far as that goes.

I find this site never has anyone interesting that is close enough to meet in person ... datehookup is the same ....

i primarily only use these places to entertain myself in the forums and PoF science forum has a bit of intelligence in it so I'll stick up for it. ... and the Poetry forums in Pof are vastly superior to any of these other sites ... though it has been going down hill the last couple of years. [yet that is just a personal opinion]

Thorb's photo
Tue 11/30/10 10:44 AM
come on over .... and check out the doors around my house ....

my knockers are visible to anyone who cares to look .... and you can even touch them if you feel a need.

Thorb's photo
Tue 11/30/10 10:41 AM
if you never embrace the superficial you will porobably have a hard time having fun with other people.

as for your story ..... I need both sides to comment on it and even then I may not.

Thorb's photo
Tue 11/30/10 10:36 AM
Life is what happens while you are making plans to do something else.

Thorb's photo
Tue 11/30/10 10:20 AM
Edited by Thorb on Tue 11/30/10 10:28 AM
thickness does matter ... in relation to height.

reinforcing steel also makes a difference for strength as you go higher.

a single layer is not sufficient for a garden wall ... you need to interlock and double brick for a decent height and you need to cap it.

every 6 courses or so should have steel bonding grid

if you want thicker taller ... stronger ... use cement blocks and brick face them. ... just realize the size of the bricks and don't be making it necessary to be cutting all the end bricks because you picked the wrong thickness.

Thorb's photo
Tue 11/30/10 10:13 AM
must remember to flush

Thorb's photo
Tue 11/30/10 10:07 AM
don't worry as much as just momiter ....

your weight fluxuation is a good indication of your health and your health is the most important thing in your life.

so I watch its changes regularly

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25