Community > Posts By > tophat8

no photo
Fri 10/07/11 02:59 AM
Music is.... A vehicle that can take you anywhere in this universe....

no photo
Thu 10/06/11 09:03 PM
Welcome to mingle Leah.
Have fun here and best of luck to you.

no photo
Thu 10/06/11 01:51 AM
Unrealistic demands....
In the last decade we have witnessed the US government bail out major auto manufacturers, banks, insurers and wall street executives in excess of the trillions of dollars being asked for by common people. I am not an American citizen but can see the "common" peoples point.
What I do find concerning is the very people who created the last economic melt down, were hired by both Bush and Obama after they left their Wall Street posts with multi million dollar severance packages. Their packages were compliments of the taxpayers.
The tax payers rallying now are requesting what is rightfully theirs. Infrastructure, their gift to the greedy to be returned and redistributed appropriately so all Americans benefit.
What is or who is unrealistic depends on which side of the fence the question is asked.
The real picture here is that less than 1% of the US public benefitted in both meltdowns while the remaining 99% struggled, lost jobs and homes.
There is a good documentary out there trying to hold those accountable for the bank melt down. "Inside Job"

no photo
Wed 08/11/10 09:04 AM
History repeats itself in the most horrible way if nothing is learned from the past.
Hitler was a straw man, Osama was a straw man, Hussein was a straw man....
All individual men who reaked hell on their people.
The strawmen I guess I'm referring to, (as you say) and there were many, were a shining light on humanitarianism.
It takes just one.... ONE.... To creat GOOD or EVIL....

no photo
Wed 08/11/10 08:50 AM
There is a book titled Mesa by Gershman. You will also see some history of this on U-tube too.
I'll agree that leaders in religion have taken the wrong side.
The Catholic church was involved with the nazis while catholic American and other Nations soldiers were fighting the Nazi's.
Many had just seen "this stuff" in the movies but what is written in history is scarier than hell.
Another point to ponder.

no photo
Wed 08/11/10 08:25 AM
There are few books out. But just google Muslim involvement WWII. There is lots of infor there. I wrote a paper on religious fights/wars a few years back and was quite surprised what I found.
On another note.... Leaders feared Hitler.... Right across Europe...
If you didn't shake hands with the man you were a dead man!

no photo
Wed 08/11/10 08:08 AM
Just a note in history worth mentioning....
10's of thousands of those with the Muslim faith were signed up on the eve of WWII.
Athough Muslims and Jews have not had the greatest history.... Many Jews were saved by Muslims from the Nazi's death camps.
Just a point to ponder in all fairness....

no photo
Sat 07/10/10 01:58 AM
Welcome to Mingle. I hope you enjoy our company. There is always room for more good friends in the forums!

no photo
Sat 07/10/10 01:37 AM

That was the worst story ever tophat

Its a guy thing... They do make good trout bait as they float on water... Maybe I shouldn't have brought this up too.

no photo
Sat 07/10/10 01:25 AM
We have Wolf spiders up here that could carry a small child away... Okay, a slight exaguration....
I showed my son how to pick them off their web and place it on another wolf spiders web...
We then watched as they fought to the death!
You do not want to be bit by one as they litterly will bite a chunk of flesh off you...

no photo
Fri 07/09/10 11:18 PM
I'm a night hawk. I only sleep 4 hours a day.

no photo
Thu 07/08/10 02:05 AM
My thoughts exactly... Well back to the piano to figure this perplexing situation out..

no photo
Thu 07/08/10 01:47 AM
It is not about the health issue. It's the lack of bringing it to the table when the issue of health was discussed.

no photo
Thu 07/08/10 01:24 AM
You have met a wonderful person on this site....
E-mail back and forth then begin to chat...
In two weeks, you find that you are communicating with each other and no other...
You exchange email addys and phone numbers.... 4 more weeks go by and both of you have shared openly through the 128 hours of telephone calls....
You make very clear with the utmost honesty that you have always been faithful and was never sexually promiscuous...
You then find out another two weeks down the road that the person you have communicated with was promiscuous and has a life long disease because of a poor choice in their early life.
The person called it (the relationship deal breaker)....
When is it the right time to take the skeletons out and share????

no photo
Thu 07/08/10 01:03 AM
Welcome aboard. It's to hot to sleep here!happy

no photo
Thu 07/08/10 12:57 AM
This site has people of all types... You can choose to communicate with some and not communicate with others.
Make clear what you deem acceptable in your profile. If someone crosses the line, you can always block or ignore them all together.
Life is full of choices... On line or face to face....

no photo
Thu 06/24/10 01:24 AM
Young lady, if his threats of self injury are serious call the suicide help line or police to protect him!
One may want to be judgemental when it comes to ex's. And I ask members of this site on situations such as this to guardedly give advice.....
I do not know of your relationship and obviously you have moved forward....
Report your ex as a risk of life to himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Wed 06/23/10 12:46 AM
Edited by tophat8 on Wed 06/23/10 01:04 AM
Congratulations are in order!!!
Seems like you have found someone incredible.
Carpe Diem! Seize the day!

no photo
Sat 06/19/10 02:26 AM
Prince Rupert is on an Island of the Pacific. Its not Hawaii. We have more bald Ealges in Rupert than the entire USA.
I had a fawn born in my yard this year. My community is utopia when it comes to life....
Black bears, wovles, majestic mountains.....
The Skeena River.... The highest producing river for salmon in North America....
We have a university here.... A full Rec center.... The museum of Northern BC.... The outdoors....
My community has more than a community of 100000 has to offer....
We celebrate our community's citizens across Canada. Yes we have what they call Rupert nights...
Does your community celebrate your good people annually. We do.
The sun may not shine here all the time....
Where you do see the sunshine is from the welcoming attitute of my fiends and neighbours through their smiles and hospitality.

no photo
Sat 06/19/10 02:07 AM
Congratualions to you Young Lady!
It took so many emails and communications with so many here!
Nice ladies over all but it boiled down to very simple basic idea...
I was looking for Mrs Right For Me....
She was looking a Right For Us.....
She was RIGHT!!!!!