Community > Posts By > OKCUTIE67

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 11/18/10 06:35 AM

Do you guys honestly think that any of this logic is gonna make a s**t bit of difference to the cat guy or those who don't like dogs?

The only ones who will even bother reading all this are those of us who love dogs anyway. We are all just preaching to the choir in this lame @ssed thread.

I agree totally with this ^^^^^^^

Like any prejudice in life, there is little anyone can do to change the mind of the person or persons. In most cases, they would much rather stay ignorant of the actual facts so as to maintain their prejudice view(s). Like beating your head against the wall! frustrated

My time would be better served getting unconditional love smooched and loyalty love from my viscious, mean, rabid Pit Bull that needs to be put down before he attacks! bigsmile smitten :heart:

OKCUTIE67's photo
Wed 11/17/10 07:11 AM
loving

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 09:08 AM

Yeah I do, I get frustrated and bored and sit
for half an hour and wonder whats going on with meohwell

I listen to music, or take a walk, or phone a friend.

It irritates me and if I'm like that for too long it
starts to irritate those around me.

Yeah everyone keeps asking me what is wrong. They say I am "not myself". I'm at a loss as to what the answer to their question is though so I just tell them I don't know what they are talking about and there is nothing wrong. ohwell Maybe I need a LONG vacation by myself where I can be somebody else for a while! bigsmile

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 09:05 AM
:laughing: This has been going on for weeks now...not sure if a few beers will cure it!? ohwell

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 08:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Luvs...

**chin up**chest out**head held high!!!

Always believe in yourself and your awesomeness!!! (Someone once told me that and it made me laugh...but it worked!)

You are talented and beautiful and I have no doubt you will find someone worthy of you!!!!

flowerforyou :heart:

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 08:48 AM
Sorry to hear you are ill Melody. Get well soon!!!

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 08:46 AM
No words! But sadly, this happens quite often. A lady I work with had their beloved family pet, a 3 year old Pekingnese escape their front yard while playing and ended up at the local animal shelter. They found her and showed up to get her back and the shelter said since she did not have current vaccination tags, they had to go to their vet and pay for the animal to get current on shots and bring the receipt back to the shelter before they could take her home. They told the shelter that they would do it and be back the next day to pick her up. When they showed up the next day they were informed that their family pet had mistakenly been put down in a mass euthanasia sweep ordered by the director of the shelter. It was horrible for her family! She has 4 kids and they were all very attached to their pet and it just devastated them! Luckily she is related to the mayor of the small town they live in and he is working to ensure that something like this never happens again. But that is one, small, local shelter. Who will ensure it never happens anywhere else? No one... brokenheart :cry:

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 08:40 AM
Ever have days where you just aren't "INTO" your own life? ohwell

Don't get me wrong, for the most part I am pretty happy with my world - Family and friends are a huge part of my life. Wonderful job that pays good and is stable. A boyfriend that needs some work but he is getting there! :heart: Several volunteer projects to keep me fulfilled and busy for the holidays. Three awesome dogs that bring me laughter, joy and unconditional love every day.

But......I'm just not into ANY of it right now??? I feel restless and bored! what Does anyone else ever have days like these? If so, what do you do to get back INTO your life?

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 08:20 AM

Second marriage - hands down the stupidest thing I've ever done sober!!! ohwell

Does that mean that you were drunk for the first one?

lol...nope. I just don't regret the first one like I do the second. I was young and stupid the first time. Just plain stupid the second time! lol

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 08:02 AM

there are laws to ensure dog owners are responcible for their pets. i have a problem with the neighbors who have cats. those cats jump up on my motorcycle at night and claw up my seat. why aren't owners held responsible for keeping their cats in their own yard.

^^^^^ AMEN!!! I have the SAME problem only they crawl all over my cars and truck and then leave scratch marks getting down off them! If you looked up "crazy cat lady" in the dictionary, there would be a picture of my neighbor! She must have 10 cats! Although whether or not any of them are actually hers, I don't know. But she feeds them so I call them hers! Hmmmm wonder where my viscious pit bull is that deserves to be put down because he's so mean and dangerous? He's in the back yard where he belongs!!! Not out running around getting in people's trash and scratching their vehicles!!! rant

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 07:18 AM
Second marriage - hands down the stupidest thing I've ever done sober!!! ohwell

OKCUTIE67's photo
Tue 11/16/10 07:00 AM
UGH! I did it one year and will NEVER do it again!!!

I usually go later in the afternoon on Black Friday. You miss some of the big ticket items that were bargains, but for the most part they always still have some pretty good deals left over.

I have the added bonus of being at my mom's that day though and my stepdad works for Wal Mart. He usually has to work overnight on Thanksgiving so he's just getting off work when those big sales start. So we just give him a list! bigsmile

OKCUTIE67's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:22 PM

Hummm so guess we need to start putting the owners down instead....

I like this idea!!! drinker

OKCUTIE67's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:10 PM

you're a mean individual.
i hope a pitbull kills you.
since apparently that's all they go around doing.

The court of public opinion, sucks when someone doesn't agree with you, huh?

I know I'm offtopic but

When an American writes "HUH"....Is that the same as a Canadian "EH"? :tongue:

Sorry... Carry on!

:laughing: Yes...same same!

OKCUTIE67's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:01 PM
While I do not feel I am qualified to answer in detail since I am a fairly recent Pit Bull owner/lover, I will impart my own experiences with my beautiful, loveable, SWEET adopted Pit Bull, Merlin. This dog was found wandering around my place of employment a month or so ago, starving and sorely neglected. And of course, being that he was a Pit Bull, most everyone ignored him and were afraid of him. I couldn't do that to him. I walked right up to him, offered him the back of my hand to smell me and get to know me and he's been my baby boy every since. While I'm sure this dog was meant to be someone's guard dog and from the looks of him was probably abused and beaten, at the very least, starved half to death, he is the sweetest, most loving dog!!! Now, I was a little concerned about taking him home since I have a 2 year old, male Bull Mastiff already and neither of them had been fixed. Aside from a couple of skirmishes in establishing dominance over the back yard (which my 2 year old Mastiff won and currently holds the title), this dog has been such a joy to our house!!! He is such a love hound and wants nothing more than to sit with his head in your lap and have you rub his head. My boyfriend has had 4 Pit Bulls in his lifetime and says this one is by far the sweetest and best natured but that all of them were friendly and only became mean when he or a member of his family were directly threatened by someone or something. Now I'm sorry but to me that is the definition of a "guard dog" and I get the same behaviour from my 9 year old, 11 pound Peek-a-poo too! She is more likely to bite someone than either of my huge male dogs!!!

So while I understand people's hesitation in owning a Pit Bull, I think it is totally unfair to the breed what has become of their reputation. Like any pet, you must first research and understand the breed and their personalities. Weigh the pros and cons of each breed and how they will fit into your household and family. As with any "guard dog", maintain control of his environment and be cautious of allowing strangers or children around without them being properly introduced to him. ALL dogs will react violently if they feel threatened or are put into a situation they are unfamiliar with and which may frighten them. Don't assume anything about a pet simply by their breed or looks. It's no different (to me) than judging people by looks or nationality.

drinker

OKCUTIE67's photo
Mon 11/15/10 01:12 PM

CNT UPLOAD

My favourite hobby

rofl rofl rofl

OKCUTIE67's photo
Mon 11/15/10 12:30 PM

Actually there is not many foods that I don't like.....But...........my down fall is Mexican food...... regardless at least once or twice a week gotta have my Mexican food fix....bigsmile

blushing

:laughing: Mexican FOOD fix hun...not a MEXICAN fix! bigsmile

OKCUTIE67's photo
Mon 11/15/10 11:46 AM

Just give me a big 'ole hunk of steak! bigsmile

Also LOVE Mexican food...chips, salsa, queso are my favs! drool

waving

flowerforyou

OKCUTIE67's photo
Mon 11/15/10 08:51 AM
3 fur babies -

9 year old, 11 pound Peek-a-poo named Princess Jasmine. AKA Jazzy, Jazmeanie, Jazebel and The "J". Even though her name says princess she is most definitely the QUEEN of our house! lol

Her loyal subjects (other than myself and my boyfriend...lol):

2 year old, 90 pound Bull Mastiff named Maximus and.....

Our newest edition...a 1 1/2 year old, 75 pound Pit Bull named Merlin.

Love ALL my babies!!! smitten

OKCUTIE67's photo
Mon 11/15/10 06:55 AM
I am having difficulty getting into my life the last couple of weeks. Not sure what is up? Just have a general "don't wanna" attitude lately and it applies to everything! what yawn

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25