Community > Posts By > Dict8

Dict8's photo
Wed 08/24/11 11:09 AM
Of course......this never actually happenned. Bird died way before I was born.........

:tongue:

Dict8's photo
Wed 08/24/11 07:30 AM
Hi 2KidsMom!

waving

Dict8's photo
Wed 08/24/11 07:22 AM
Did you just blush? :tongue:

Dict8's photo
Wed 08/24/11 07:17 AM
Jazz will kill you..........

Dict8's photo
Wed 08/24/11 04:35 AM
Edit
Observing Bird at the Bar (an original story of fiction....)
by Kevin Wilson on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 7:10pm

Charlie Parker and I are drinking in a bar. I ignore him even though I know who he is. I'm a big fan. Bird ignores me because he's drunk, two hours late for his gig, & desperately trying to get the bartenders attention. She's pretending to ignore him which is hard to do because it's just me, Bird, and the bartender."I need another beer" Bird loudly demands slightly slurring. He bangs the top of the bar with his hand to punctuate his request. The bartender is too busy putting matchbooks in a cognac glass. She's taking her sweet time too. She fills the glass, puts the box of matchbooks under the bar and turns to address Bird. "Don't you have a gig to do, Bird?" She's obviously accustomed to him and has probably played out this scene with him many times before. " Bird can't fly until sufficiently high". he replies reaching into his pocket for the remaining Benzedrine tablets he's saved. I'm slowly nursing my second beer staying only to watch this bittersweet scene in the life of one of my heroes, Charlie Parker. It's a reality check, an affirmation in all man's mortality. Bird is sweating profusely I notice as he washes down his remaining bennies with the fresh beer the bartender has set in front of him. She doesn't even look at him but I'm trying hard not to stare. I surmise that he couldn't score today. Charlies appetite for drugs is even bigger than his notorious appetite for food and sex. His audience is waiting unaware that Bird isn't ready to fly just yet. He drains his beer, leaves some cash on the bar, puts on his coat and walks toward the door. Before he steps outside he turns, tips his hat at me, and smiles. "your next ones on me, kid". He then disappears into the night. One month later he's dead.

Dict8's photo
Wed 08/24/11 01:52 AM
If you wanna' drink beer at 4:30 a.m........make sure you buy it ahead of time........... This is the Bible belt. Get used to it..........

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 04:14 PM
Whatever........

smokin

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 02:29 PM
Castle walls

and a moat.

A nice yard

and a goat.

Boiling oil.

The serfs will toil.

Life is shallow

.....when you step to the gallows........

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 12:58 PM
Abandon

the

ship.

Woman

and

children

first.

S.O.S

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 10:13 AM
They are buying building supplies at Home Depot........ :tongue:

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 10:03 AM
This....is very sad. They were true heroes. I just heard about this crash and it makes me sick. It is a shame.......

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 09:53 AM

Jefferson Airplane

The Other Side Of Life
Plastic Fantastic Lover
Volunteers
Won't You Try
Eskimo Blue Day
Uncle sam's Blues
Somebody To Love
White Rabbit
3/5 Of A Mile In 10 Seconds

The Other Side Of Life
http://youtu.be/Cw_15n4Zfts

Volunteers **Great Video!
http://youtu.be/6ljxpyH4dnA

Uncle Sam's Blues
http://youtu.be/R2R2mavZhu0

Somebody To Love; White Rabbit
http://youtu.be/v_gg6JNLtXI

3/5 Of A Mile In 10 Seconds ** Great!
http://youtu.be/Z_eh27wHJGw

And then they rested. I hope anyone who is following is enjoying this as much as I am laugh . I felt sorry for the people that got too high and were passed out for Jefferson Airplane. What a bummer to be there and miss them! Please feel free to comment and post Woodstock pictures at will flowerforyou .

This IS awesome. Please continue.......flowerforyou

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 03:49 AM
Bottle
Empty
Fridge

smokin

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 03:28 AM
Man
Duck
Bench
Park
Bread

smokin

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 02:54 AM

Ya.....I'm a ****en Saintohwell
No....you were honest. I respect that.
The fact you saw his hurt and learned is admirable.......

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 02:53 AM
I'm thinking about what Beachfarmer just posted. We can learn a lot from it.......

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 02:47 AM

I used "the N word" for the last time when I was 13 at La Paz Jr. High School. It was during gym and used casually. To see the hurt in Anthony's eyes is something I will NEVER forget!
This is the truest thing I've read all week. Thanks ,man. You are an honest man.........

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 02:27 AM
One day, back when I lived at home.....I was 17 or 18 I guess, I was doodling myself....and I ejaculated blood. I was totally freaked out. Turns out that this is common......but I had no idea. So.....I had to tell myu Mom so I could see a Dr., see? Now.....this is embarrasing.....cuz' I am basically telling my Mom that I jerk off, right? She was cool though....... Damn. Embarrasing for sure........

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 01:47 AM

My parents caught me playing strip poker with my babysitter when I was 10. She was buck naked when they walked in.....

that's really very funny
First time I saw a girl with hair down there. I was mesmerized........

Dict8's photo
Sat 08/06/11 01:16 AM
Edited by Dict8 on Sat 08/06/11 01:17 AM

8 words. 4 lines........