Community > Posts By > navygirl

navygirl's photo
Sun 01/22/17 01:52 AM
Calgary, Alberta

navygirl's photo
Sun 01/22/17 01:50 AM
I thought dating at my age would be fun but I have found I am dealing with guys that act like 20 year old idiots. Very depressing.

navygirl's photo
Sun 01/22/17 01:42 AM

Age is just a number! It is how you feel inside and how you perceive !

I do hate that age is a number. | recall a young guy saying yep age is a number and for some of us its a big number. We aren't young but we aren't dead either; however acting like an idiot doesn't make you younger. Just wish people my age would bloody well act their age.

navygirl's photo
Sun 01/22/17 01:39 AM

Smile!
Keep your shirt on!
Complete your profile.
I for one am turned off by serious faces and (most) bare chests (save that for later honey).
Please complete your profiles so that we can get an idea of your interests. Like baseball!!! Go Jays!

Agreed but if most of these guys are looking for a one night stand; what difference does it make. LOL

navygirl's photo
Sun 01/22/17 01:33 AM
Nope, haven't found love since I hit my 50s but life is good so really what does it matter?

navygirl's photo
Sun 01/22/17 01:33 AM
Nope, haven't found love since I hit my 50s but life is good so really what does it matter?

navygirl's photo
Sun 01/22/17 01:31 AM
I feel good. I have a great job, wonderful friends, and my health is good. I feel blessed.

navygirl's photo
Tue 08/09/16 12:25 AM

is it possible to full in love with two people at the same

If you believe in the biological process of pair bonding, then no.
The naturally forming emotional associations for one would interfere with the other, and if you kept trying with the second it would interfere with the first.

natural??
There is nothing "natural" for a man and woman to be together for life.
The biological process of bonding is for reproduction purposes. In almost all species, the male has many bonding's with different females to promote the survival of the species.

Getting back to reality...We(meaning most in THIS society) are taught and conditioned(brainwashed) that it is taboo to be with more then one mate at a time and we are told that IF you love someone you will be committed only to that one.

But if you can love a wife, and two children, why not just love two women?

Your view of "love" is limited to your mind and how it has been conditioned by society.

This "interference" is only created by what you THINK is right or wrong based on your "beliefs".

Awesome reply and you are right about how we are conditioned by society.

navygirl's photo
Tue 08/09/16 12:15 AM
What makes my life special is my job, working with my cadets, and being with friends or family. Life is good.

navygirl's photo
Mon 08/08/16 11:32 AM
My life lesson is to trust no one 100%.

navygirl's photo
Fri 08/05/16 06:36 PM
Edited by navygirl on Fri 08/05/16 06:37 PM
I was in lust, infatuated, but never fell in love.

navygirl's photo
Fri 08/05/16 06:20 PM
I don't consider myself a good person or a nice person; I am just a person. I don't like labels and I wish people would just accept each other for who they are.

navygirl's photo
Fri 08/05/16 06:11 PM

I know I am not Brad Pitt. Maybe his dad. I get requests from 30 somethings from thousands of miles away. I have grandchildren almost that age. I always think "SCAM". Unfortunately most of the women I have met my age seem so much older. I want someone to be my equal and be able to keep up or push me. (not in a wheelchair)
\

Good point about scammers as they too will send phony compliments to their would be victims.

navygirl's photo
Fri 08/05/16 06:09 PM
Edited by navygirl on Fri 08/05/16 06:17 PM

So I take it you have added him as a friend? If he does hang with you long enough, he may come to understand the ways and wills of women..lol..

Nope; I didn't add him as a friend. He was asking about nice looking women. I am not nice looking.

AH! fishing for compliments!!! Already then, you dont qualify for nice looking...but you fit into the bold and beautiful category....with ease....and yup, I am not a mature type of guy anyway ....just saying..

Nope; I don't believe in compliments as I know when men give them; they are not sincere. I always tell guys to cut the crap as I am not buying into it. I am just me and if men don't like how I look; I really don't give a rat's *ss. I have a good healthy life to live and it sure as hell isn't reliant on phony compliments.

Show me a woman who does not like getting compliments, phony or real, and I can show you a guy who cannot get going even with eternal aid...And you must be the exception to the rule....just saying..

I am a Tomboy and also served in the military. Men like getting compliments too but a person would have to be totally stupid to accept a compliment that they know is not true. If I get compliments on my military drill, or my musical abilities, or my boss saying I am doing a good job training new people, that is totally different as I know in my mind that I am good at doing these things but hollow compliments about one's looks is pure crap. I have acne scars and my face is discoloured so I know when a man says I look pretty; he is lying. I am not pretty but I am intelligent enough to know when someone is lying to me.

navygirl's photo
Tue 08/02/16 09:45 AM
I think the best compliment I got was that I was intelligent and this was by another woman.

navygirl's photo
Tue 08/02/16 09:40 AM

It confuses me. Why don't men see that a long term relationship is the definition of marriage. Why the refusal to marry? OK, they don't want to lose half their stuff again in a divorce. That was then, what's now is the woman often has the same amount of monetary wealth as he does and brings that into the marriage - which is off limits for sharing (in Ontario, anyways, where I live). So what's the big deal about remarrying?

They want sex without the commitment.

navygirl's photo
Tue 08/02/16 09:32 AM
Edited by navygirl on Tue 08/02/16 09:39 AM

So I take it you have added him as a friend? If he does hang with you long enough, he may come to understand the ways and wills of women..lol..

Nope; I didn't add him as a friend. He was asking about nice looking women. I am not nice looking.

AH! fishing for compliments!!! Already then, you dont qualify for nice looking...but you fit into the bold and beautiful category....with ease....and yup, I am not a mature type of guy anyway ....just saying..

Nope; I don't believe in compliments as I know when men give them; they are not sincere. I always tell guys to cut the crap as I am not buying into it. I am just me and if men don't like how I look; I really don't give a rat's *ss. I have a good healthy life to live and it sure as hell isn't reliant on phony compliments.

navygirl's photo
Tue 08/02/16 09:27 AM

If you meet a date with some wonderful attributes eg attractiveness, intelligence, kindness etc, but neither of you feel inspired to joke and laugh when you are together, does it affect your level of attraction for the person?

In other words, you both smile, engage fully, and converse, but you seldom inspire each other to LAUGH ,how much does that affect your desire to date them?

Is "Laughter chemistry" important to YOU?

I am constantly laughing and it has pissed guys off. Oh well, what is life if you can't laugh at yourself. LOL

navygirl's photo
Mon 08/01/16 08:26 PM

Is it wrong to become a loner out of fear? Or to stay single? So you take away the fear or push it way down enough to allow yourself to be fooled into loving another to be burned again? Is it a bad to stay single bcs you do not wish any bs in your life?

Me, I am not single because I am afraid; I just like the freedom of being able to come and go as I please. Too much BS being coupled up.

navygirl's photo
Mon 08/01/16 08:24 PM
Nope; once the relationship is over; there is no second chance with me. My thought is if we couldn't work it out enough to stay together the first time; then why would it be any different the second time?

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25