ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 12:04 PM
Clowns are creepy awesome - be proud!

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 11:59 AM
Short answer, yes :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 11:30 AM
I do, too - so I'm the elected storyteller whenever the kiddos are around :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 11:25 AM
My daughter has two - Where the Wild Things Are, and Dinosaur Roar. She loves the voices/sound effects I make, lol.

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 09:55 AM

the only other problem that i've seen is that some women don't want a stepdad having input into the upbringing of the children. i'm not going to have some children living with me that i'm not allowed to be part of their lives and such.
not all women are like that, but i've talked to some that say "my kids have a father and don't need another one."

. . .

That is unfair to you, though, especially in a serious relationship where you're living together. I've only ever dated one person where it was a matter of co-habitation, and I was ok with him participating in discipline until he raised a hand to hit my daughter. That was when his behind was out in the streets.

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 08:55 AM
My ex husband had a similar problem - the man couldn't gain weight to save his life. He started on a weight gain diet, however, and it did work. I dug into my favorites archive and had a couple of links, hope they help.

http://build-muscle-gain-weight.com/weight-gain-recipes/index.php

http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/food/2gain.html

http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_250/267_low-cost-weight-gain-shake-recipes.html

http://www.enjoyhealthyeating.com/recipes-for-weight-gain.html

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 08:50 AM
Morning/afternoon all. Dreary weather today, thank goodness I had the option of working from home!

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 08:47 AM
I have a child, and while I've had some lose interest when they find out, I don't chalk it up to not being able to find love. I just dismiss them as not having been a viable candidate and leave it at that. Eventually the right one will come along, and it will be an asset rather than a detractor :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 08:45 AM

This is true.. the couples decision... but if you are asking for opinions my situation was similar & his son is almost 18 & did ask him to wait... he has waited this long & in his own words the relationship is mental not physical hurt so MY opinion is wait till your son is 18 but it is HIS decision & only he knows what is best to do for him & his son.

Didn't mean to imply that the advice given wouldn't be reasonable or good advice. Just meant that we can't possibly know everything that's going on, especially since we only have one side. Additionally, mental is just as harmful as physical hurt. I was not suggesting either course of action for him.

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 08:42 AM

Agree with Ladywolf. It really is up to you. The only thing I'll say again is don't open another door til you close this one.

I absolutely agree with the not opening another door. Personally, I refuse to date anyone who is just "separated". Made that mistake once and only once, and it didn't end well. Too much fresh baggage, transferred emotions, and all sorts of drama. Blech.

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 08:41 AM
Hello and welcome :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 08:40 AM
Hmmmm.

I'm a morning person, and have been since I was a child. I don't make it a point to get up at the crack of dawn, I just find myself waking early. I can work all day and well into the late night, sleep for a couple hours, and be back at it again the next morning. There are just some days I need more coffee than usual ;)

I won't argue against researcher logic, because it may be the general rule. *shrug* I'll just chalk it up to my being an oddity of nature, lol.

ladywolf9653's photo
Tue 04/28/09 08:29 AM
To leave or not leave for the "sake of the children" is always an interesting debate. My parents divorced when I was very young, but it was in the best interests of us kids...the fights were getting so brutal that it was a terrifying environment. My best friend's parents stayed together "for the kids", and her environment was just as bad, in a different way. It was sterile, hostile, and taught her nothing about maintaining a healthy relationship.

My ex and I decided to divorce when our daughter begged us to please stop fighting because it hurt her heart. We realized that we were doing her more harm than good, especially since 2 years of marriage counseling wasn't making a difference. He is now happily remarried, and both homes are tranquil environments (aside from the usual chaos of family life).

No one can make the decision but you. No one other than the couple truly knows what's going on inside the marriage, so only you and your wife have the whole story. We can provide all the input and advice in the world, but each poster will be basing their perspective on their individual experiences and opinions....what is right for us may not be right for the two of you.

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 04/27/09 08:08 PM
Has been my experience that desperate people make bad decisions when it comes to relationships, and end up hurting themselves far worse than they would have if they had just waited for the right one to come along. Personally, I'd rather be reasonably content on my own than miserable (and making someone else miserable) in a relationship that I know isn't right for me.

And the others are right - desperation is not an attractive quality in anyone.

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 04/27/09 07:11 PM
There are phases, I think, not just one age where they are "terrible". Someone once told me that boys cut their teeth on their fathers, girls on their mothers.

Hope things get better for you soon!

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 04/27/09 06:43 PM
Welcome back - glad you had a good time!

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 04/27/09 06:42 PM
When I've gotten to the point of saying those words, I'm not uncomfortable saying them around anyone. If I love them, don't care who knows/hears it :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Mon 04/27/09 06:29 PM
I have had people leave for others, but like many have said in this thread, humans aren't property and therefore cannot be stolen. They made the choice to leave, for reasons of their own. It hurt, but I didn't regard it as them having been stolen.