Community > Posts By > CatsLoveMe

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 02:01 PM

any joke to me that belittles people for who or what they are is NOT funny to me, I will not judge anyone I have never met on any grounds!!!

Mikey, that's apparent, especially if someone makes a joke against you personally, but what if it's more general? Like a group of people? Like women, or little-people, or lesbians, or I don't know...Nebraskans? Would you be offended? Or would you laugh?

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:49 PM
Oh crap, I said Jews and Christians. Oh my gosh, before any of you get offended, you need to ask yourself, how strong are you in your faith? If you get offended easily, perhaps you are more fragile than you thought you were.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:46 PM
And another thing, if we can make jokes about Muslims, we can most certainly make jokes about Jews and Christians. Everything is fair game in the name of humor.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:43 PM
So Kim, I ask again: Three different environments. All have humorous situations.

The Comedy Club: You are white, you paid admission to go to a comedy club on a date, and 3 black comics are onstage and make hilarious remarks or stereotypes about white people in their jokes. Would you laugh? Would you remain silent? Or would you walk out?

At work: Same scenario, except you have a black co-worker that tells a joke about white people, all in the name of fun and joking around. Would you be offended?

On a date: You are at a restaurant, driving around, or at home, his or yours, and your date tells a joke that makes fun of another race, or even your own, keeping in mind that it is done in the name and spirit of humor, and no racist or bigotist intent is meant. Would you be offended?

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:35 PM
Okay, without using the easy answer, "cops" how would you deal with a thief or thieves that stole something that belonged to you? Remember, this is how you would handle it without police involvement. If you do, fine, but to answer the question, properly, how would you personally handle someone who stole from you? Has it ever happened to you? Have you ever dealt with it yourself? How? Any stories? New topic, have fun with it.flowerforyou

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:29 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Bachelorette #2, the one in the middle, Jim! drool drool drool

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:25 PM

I don't get offended easily either, but there are some things that are off limits to me and humor. If the person doesn't know me well, I might give them a look or politely say something. If they continue or they know me, then I'm very blunt and have my say and then walk away

As my sister used to say (By the way I got her to join Mingle, she's getting divorced) "What is inappropiate?" It's kind of our little private joke.

So Kim, what do you mean by inappropiate? Rated R? Rated X? Racial? Sexist? Sexual? Gross? All are fair game to me, I will laugh if the joke is funny, but I will not get offended. More often than not, I get offended when people are being serious, or if they bluff that are being serious. Otherwise joke away, do not let me censor you, it's all in good fun.laugh laugh laugh flowerforyou

What is inappropriate to me might be different to what is inappropriate to others. I don't like racist jokes or jokes involving molestation or rape (for example)

Those that know me personally know how I feel about these jokes. Those that don't know me, I give them the benefit of the doubt and let them know I don't find them funny.

See, there's the problem. At least for me. Racist or race-oriented jokes are fine for me, as long as they are told in the context of humor and this does also include jokes made against my own race. I have no racial pride, and I am most certainly not racist, nationality biased but not racist. None whatsoever, joke away, make fun of my race, as long as it's done in a humorous context. I've been to several comedy shows where a black or latino comic made fun of white people, and I thought they were absolutely hilarious. The other things you mentioned, molestation and rape, very not funny, unless you are using Catholic priests in your joke. Anyhow, Kim, you be who you are, don't let anyone ever tell you different.flowerforyou

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:18 PM
Amorous Prairie Dog Hideaway?

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:12 PM

I don't get offended easily either, but there are some things that are off limits to me and humor. If the person doesn't know me well, I might give them a look or politely say something. If they continue or they know me, then I'm very blunt and have my say and then walk away

As my sister used to say (By the way I got her to join Mingle, she's getting divorced) "What is inappropiate?" It's kind of our little private joke.

So Kim, what do you mean by inappropiate? Rated R? Rated X? Racial? Sexist? Sexual? Gross? All are fair game to me, I will laugh if the joke is funny, but I will not get offended. More often than not, I get offended when people are being serious, or if they bluff that are being serious. Otherwise joke away, do not let me censor you, it's all in good fun.laugh laugh laugh flowerforyou

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:06 PM
Feels like a Dave afternoon, and I just purchased new Logitech speakers with subwoofer for my computer. Great sound. Good to break them in with Dave Matthews, he would be happy.:banana:

CatsLoveMe's photo
Wed 05/05/10 01:04 PM
Don't Drink the Water (Live) - Dave Matthews Band

http:/www.pandora.com

CatsLoveMe's photo
Tue 05/04/10 10:29 PM
WJR AM 760. Ernie was a legend. I used to be a Tigers fan for many years and listened to the games in Detroit on the radio, and even when I lived in Syracuse, NY. My dad put a super-antenna in the backyard and I could still pick-up WJR Detroit even in Syracuse, and I listened to so many Tigers games with Ernie broadcasting. He was a great man, and he will be missed. Rest In Peace, Ernie.sad

CatsLoveMe's photo
Tue 05/04/10 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46p2NtvuVdY

"Son you better be ready for love
On this glory day
This is your chance to believe
What I've got to say
Keep your eyes on the sky
Put a dollar in the kitty
Don't the moon look pretty

Tonight when I chase the dragon
The water will change to cherry wine
And the silver will turn to gold
Time out of mind"

Steely Dan

CatsLoveMe's photo
Tue 05/04/10 02:36 PM
PDT, unless you already forgot about the time change.:tongue:

CatsLoveMe's photo
Tue 05/04/10 08:54 AM
She had a shiny little Beemer with the rag top down
Sittin' in the drive but she wouldn't get out
The dogs were all barkin' and waggin' around
And I just laughed and said y'all get in

She had on a new dress and she curled her hair
She was looking too good not to go somewhere
Said "what you want to do, baby, I don't care
We can go to the show, we can stay out here"

And I can take you for a ride on my big green tractor
We can go slow or make it go faster
Down through the woods and out to the pasture
'Long as I'm with you it really don't matter

Climb up in my lap and drive if you want to
Girl, you know you got me to hold on to
We can go to town, but baby if you'd rather
I'll take you for a ride on my big green tractor

Said we can fire it up and I can show you around
Sit up on the hill and watch the sun go down
When the fireflies are dancing and the moon comes out
We can turn on the lights and head back to the house

Or we can take another ride on my big green tractor
We can go slow or make it go faster
Down through the woods and out to the pasture
'Long as I'm with you it really don't matter

Climb up in my lap and drive if you want to

Just let me dust off the seat
Mmm, put your pretty little arms around me
Hell yeah

You can climb up in my lap and drive if you want to

Oh yeah, yeah
We can go to town
We can go another round
On my big green tractor:wink: happy :tongue:

CatsLoveMe's photo
Sun 05/02/10 05:19 PM
ha, you thought this thread was dead, well I've got news for you, joyboy, it isn't. You own hats and you have a reason why you do. I happen to think that every hat tells a story and the hats you have and the hats you want tells a little bit more about the person you are. So yes, your hat or hats tells a little bit about who you really are. So tell us your hat stories. Why do you have the hats you have? Not exactly a mask, but both serve the same purpose.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Sun 05/02/10 05:13 PM

scared paradox fear

yeah..what he said

So you would never tamper with the past or the future? I would have oh so much fun changing the past. But the future would be just too weird and unbelievable to me.

If I knew what the future was going to bring, and I didn't like it, I would do everything I could to prevent it from happening.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Sun 05/02/10 05:07 PM

scared paradox fear

yeah..what he said

So you would never tamper with the past or the future? I would have oh so much fun changing the past. But the future would be just too weird and unbelievable to me.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Sun 05/02/10 04:59 PM
Which would you choose, if you could? In the future or in the past? One or the other and why? How would you make a difference in your life, or someone else's? Knowing what you know now, here in the present.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Sun 05/02/10 04:49 PM

I missed my first ex-wife.
Lucky to, cuz I'da prolly got life!pitchfork

I don't. Sad to say, Margo, my ex of 20 years only wanted me for sex, nothing else. For me, it's so much more than that. I want it all, which includes spiritual and emotional, not just physical. Give to me fully, and you shall recieve the same from me. I need to be stimulated on so many levels, and I don't have alot of patience for those that can't.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25