xxkonstantine125xx's photo
Tue 06/15/10 09:28 AM

So sorry hon, but as posted above, you do need to distance yourself and heal. You have so much to give and do, you deserve so much better, and only you can give yourself the chance to get it. When you put out the negative and take in the positive, you'll start to feel better, which will give you more hope and faith for a brighter, healthier future. Concentrate on YOU, what YOU want and need, and go for it. Hugs and best wishes. flowerforyou

=] thank you.

HAve you thought of going on a weekend spiritual retreat of some kind to heal your soul? You don't deserve this pain and never have. Shame on your family for being so judgemental. No child should have to jump throught hoops to try to earn their parents love which should be unconditional.
HIs homophobia is HIS problem, don't make it yours. Love is love. Doesn't matter if the giver is male or female or a dog for that matter. Love heals all wounds. Get as far away from these poison people so your can heal and find true love and happiness in your life.
I am glad you didn't take your own life when he said and did those hurtful things to you. You seem like a person with a huge soul and you have a lot of gifts to share with the world. Letting go of this hurt is the only way you will be able to move on and find happiness. Let it go.
I wish you all the best and will keep you in my prayers

I'm planning on going back to therapy and finally take the test work to find out what mental disorder I have, because it really affects my emotions. but thank you. I agree...

Mon 06/14/10 09:17 PM

So sorry hon, but as posted above, you do need to distance yourself and heal. You have so much to give and do, you deserve so much better, and only you can give yourself the chance to get it. When you put out the negative and take in the positive, you'll start to feel better, which will give you more hope and faith for a brighter, healthier future. Concentrate on YOU, what YOU want and need, and go for it. Hugs and best wishes. flowerforyou

=] thank you.

Mon 06/14/10 09:16 PM

The whole family would not include my older "sister" or "brother". they don't know what family is...they can keep my dad for all i care.

I understand, but we only have one Dad , I know, I lost mine years back and my brothers had arguments with him they wish they could take back,,,,,noone is perfect,,,, I agree with the advice to spend some time healing,,,,but I still hope this family can ALL heal and move forward in love,,,

Okay like I said they aren't family. blood means nothing. She's my half sister who used me to destroy my family. I was only a kid when she did this. I was in therapy for 7 years. I wont ever forgive her, i would only allow her to come around to meet her son and see my nieces again. That is it. My dad has been no father. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm learning to not care about what he thinks or let him get to me.

Mon 06/14/10 06:12 PM
The whole family would not include my older "sister" or "brother". they don't know what family is...they can keep my dad for all i care.

Mon 06/14/10 05:56 PM
It’s funny how you have your whole future planned out and nothing ever turns out the way you hoped it would. And if it did, then **** you’re lucky. In my childhood I always envisioned my father supporting me whether I changed my career or decided to take up a cause, but I feel he silently protests my ambitions and aspirations. Sometimes I feel like I should have ended my life when I was 12 and was in that phase. I wouldn’t do it, but sometimes that’s how low I’ve felt about myself. Sometimes I still feel down, but I could never do such a thing. It’s funny dad, I live my life by your guidelines to make you happy. I pushed myself to disappoint you the least possible times. I went out of my way to push myself harder when there was no strength in my, just so you could smile. Remember how you always took me everywhere dad? Remember how it was rare for you to go somewhere without me? Remember how you told me that you would ALWAYS be my number one fan? Did these things only apply when I played soccer?

I can’t believe I gave you such power over me. You were the same man who went out of his way to help out his friends, family, even strangers. However, you make sure to beat me down or make a ****ed up remark every time I make a mistake and need your help. I guess you’ve forgotten all the times you’ve put me down, you’ve said hurtful things, or you purposely made me cry. I wonder how someone can be so cold towards their kids. Even to this day, I have done anything and everything you have asked have I not? However, all you think about are the times I’ve tripped and scrapped my knee. You’re no father to my youngest brother, but that dad, that’s a subject for another day. You belittle my gay friends because of their sexuality and assume they are all drug users. Don’t you remember that I am a lesbian? I don’t do drugs. According to you the majority gay people are drug users. That’s like saying the majority of Mexican people in the USA are illegal immigrants. That is an ignorant comment. Your other son is a pot head, and all he hangs around are criminals, nobodies, or users and you judge my friends the harshest because of their sexual preference?

You throw the word fag around freely. Anything not “macho” is to be called a fag or must be a fag. A man showing emotion must take it in the *** in your eyes. You call your youngest son a fag after you say ****ed up **** and get him teary eyed. He’s not a man because he shows emotion. He’s better than your other son, but because he shows affection he’s a fag. I can’t even think of a single reason as to why I ever looked up to you. I can’t believe you were once my hero. I cannot believe I thought you loved me. Hey dad, remember that father’s day that my mom was in Mexico and I saved up to take you out and enjoy your day…and you knew that? Yet, for whatever reason you blew me off and went to go drink with your nephews even though we had talked about father’s day for a few weeks beforehand. That ****ing hurt more than you could ever imagine. Why? Because you said you wanted to go out, and obviously you did, you just didn’t want to spend it with your kids.

When have you EVER told me you loved me? When have you ever given me a legit hug? When have you EVER given me an appraisal aside from soccer? My job isn’t a job and school, well it’s school. You offer to pay for my books, but I refuse and you can’t give me credit for trying to take care of my own things.

Yesterday Hilda called you. FINALLY after almost 8 years (it would’ve been 8 years November 10th) she actually wants to talk to you or wants something. Your eldest daughter, who walked out and didn’t think twice when it came to hurting you or your current wife and children gave you a ****ing phone call. I could tell you were happy. Your tone with her is gentle and your face lit up. This is the same daughter who took you for granted, was a ***** to my mother, and who is responsible for me being so angry, mistrusting, and was suicidal when I was 12. This is the same girl who wished I were gay so it would break your heart. The same girl who said you were physically abusive and an alcoholic. The girl who you bought everything for and turned your eldest son against you as well. Her phone call probably made your year. You gave her our address and even though you weren’t verbally affectionate I could pick it up in your tone. I’ve never heard that tone before, actually you talk to my pet chicken that way.

I hated myself because of her. I wanted to die because of the way she stated how she wanted me to hurt you by being gay. I don’t know if you are aware of this stuff, but I could never forget what Hilda did. I could never forgive her for using me and walking out of my life so many times and breaking my heart and promises.

Maybe now that’s she’s back, you’ll feel like a human being. Because to be honest I can finally say that I can give a **** less of what you think of me.

Mon 03/22/10 07:37 AM

Konstantine - Saw Iron-Jawed Angels last night! Thoroughly enjoyed it!

:) I thought you might! Hilary Swank is amazing.

Thu 03/18/10 07:38 AM

I agree with KO on the fact that women had to do a lot of things to get there rights and that they should have the same rights as men. This is my one complaint about this speech what is it you are fighting for now cause if you just want to talk about the past please listen to this those women did go threw a lot, but did not go threw the same hardship that blacks our Jewish people went threw. They did not get taken from there home lands and forced to work someone’s land cause they were a different race. They were also not thrown into Nazi prison camps and put to death because they were a different race and religion. They fought for what they believed in and were granted what they wanted, and I respect that. You are also right that there will never be peace because people are selfish by nature we want and want, and when we get what we want we want more our move on to something else. That is great that you are a fighting for what you believe. I respect that from all of you. Can you really say that what these women went threw was as bad or worse then what Jews and Blacks went through. I am not opposed to listening to what you have to say because I think you are right we should learn more about a lot of aspects of history but we don’t and there are a lot of blanks in what we do learn. I agree with you I really do. I think it is great that you stand up for what you believe in everyone should. I like the post and can’t wait to read the next one. You really are a good writer and what you are doing is great. I am not trying to be mean our anything was just curious of what you think. I do not no exactly what those women went through but I do believe in equal rights I really do.

I am sorry to say this but are you serious? Women have been oppressed worse and more than anyone else. Blacks and Jews haven't been the only ones going through things. If you could list better examples I might give you some credit. However, this is a patriarchal world. Women must conform to their "norm role" in society or they're seen as deviant. If a woman doesn't want to settle down and have kids, there must be something wrong with her according to society. I'm still learning about all the phases of feminism waves, but these women have gone through a lot. A woman is raised to want to get married and have a family, and to take care hand and foot when it comes to her man. He is the bread winner so he makes the decision. Believe me men deal with it too, I'm not saying women should be treated better because of what we have dealt with. This is the longest form of oppression in history. Until this is an equal partnership in EVERY relationship (which unfortunately I don't see us even taking a step towards it anytime soon) women will NOT have their OWN value for who they are, but instead will be valued by their "family" contributions.

Oh I'm working on my next piece :) thanks

Wed 03/17/10 11:10 PM

my only gripe about this thread is it seems being a Feminist seems to be perfectly fine with the majority of people in todays world but if you're just the opposite and talk about hating women,everyone wants to put you on the gallows.

now i don't support either side BUT if one is going to be fine,why can't the other side be alright to?

huh

in my world.... a woman who believes herself to be equal...... socially, emotionally, politically, medically, financially and spiritually.....with men.... and won't accept anything less.....is a feminist.

Where are men negated in that philosophical belief?

AMEN.

Thu 03/11/10 12:01 AM

I Accept the title of humanist,,,,I LOVE ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE HUMAN.

Now just to be asking something here?
If YOU are calling YOURSELF a Feminist, then WHY would you WANT TO
LOOK the part of a MALE,,as to this photo here,,it SEEMS to reflect that you are MAKING A STATEMENT to the fact that YOU might be more a male-its as a feminist?
TO me a Feminist woman is one who portrays her self in her ALL,
as a lady who personifies the over-all beauty and elegance of that gender?
I have a strong feminist side to me ,,yet I don't FEEL any desires to SHOW THAT by wearing THAT LOOK,,or trying to ACT through actions as to portray that I am able to have many traits to my personality as MORE the softer relaxed MALE who can be a women's close friend LIKE her GIRLS can be with her,,just as THAT, a friend and nothing more between us.

And PLEASE I would NOT TRY and hurt your feelings here as to your gender likes or dis-likes I have ALWAYS wondered WHY any lady who likes ladies,,would WANT to try and copy that ROLL of MALE in and through their shared relationships with?

And YES,,that SAME ROLL PLAY LOOK AND ACT DOES ALSO go into MANY MALE relationships?
And my question was only THOUGHT here,,to YOU,,because of your statements verses what appears to be your more of the THOUGHTS through YOUR LOOK as wanting to play the MALE ROLL in a relationship with another woman,,,,? YET calling YOUR SELF a feminist? AND THAT,,,loses me a bit?
I am JUST ASKING,,what I DON'T KNOW ?

Typical to assume who or what I try to be by a picture. I don't portray a male or wish to be close to a male. I am happy to be a woman and can guarantee you that emotionally I am more woman than many feminine women. Simply because I wear loose clothing doesn't mean a thing. I've never been comfortable in fitting clothes, but I have never desired to have a penis in any point in my life. I am not making a statement and it is very shallow and stupid to judge based on a cover.

By the way the "roll" word you are trying to use is ROLE.

Simply because I wear men's clothing it doesn't mean anything. Not every lesbian out there plays the male role. Dominance isn't simply a man thing. When a man does it, he's protective. When a woman does it she is made out to be possessive or controlling.

Some of your statements/ questions make no sense. I suggest taking a few classes on construction sentences and properly using punctuation if you are trying to make a clear point. Because matters like these I rather address appropriately.
My LACK of education as to knowing how to properly construct sentences and spell correctly WAS NOT THE OP's QUESTION , now was it?
But YOUR POINT was MADE as to YOU SEEING ME AS POSSIBLY STUPID??
YOU SUGGESTED THAT IN YOUR WORDS HERE,,More or less, CORRECT? Yes.

So, NOW,,,THAT MEANS my dear sweet lady who I have never met or spoke to before here,,,,that YOU JUST JUDGED ME, SENTENCED ME and ALL of THAT through WHAT??
YES,,,BEHOLD,,,,MY WAYS OF TYPING and ,,or
"HOW I LOOK IN YOUR EYES",,,,,CORRECT?,,YES!
YET,,I am not the ONE who is in THIS position as an OP SAYING I HAVE A GIFTED ART OF COMMUNICATION AND ENGLISH QUALITIES FEW OTHER
HAVE.. So IF I was? Then YOUR words of insult would be WARRANTED HERE.

Yet YOUR post here that YOU MADE and ASKED us to VIEW YOU?
WAS MY ONLY QUESTIONS TO ASK YOU ABOUT,,yet YOU INSULT ME?

These WORDS here of yours,,
Simply because I wear men's clothing it doesn't mean anything. Not every lesbian out there plays the male role. Dominance isn't simply a man thing. When a man does it, he's protective. When a woman does it she is made out to be possessive or controlling.

Still lead me back to a RIDDLE as to why YOU feel the need to ,
(watch these words here) TO BE IN MALE CLOTHES as to YOUR REASONING.
If your a Feminist, Yet do as YOU SAY YOU DO ABOVE,,,male clothes and THAT LOOK...oh,,sorry ROLE,,wink,,better now?

I SAID NOR THOUGHT ANY IDEAS OF YOU AND ANYTHING TO DO WITH A PENIS
as you TOLD me I WAS THINKING?
I AM NOT PUTTING YOU DOWN ,like YOU just did ME,,I was ONLY wanting to know why you felt to do this?
And I also DID NOT say YOU or ANYONE who DONE THAT WAS WRONG in ANYWAY,,,Just the questions as to THEIR REASONS for WANTING TO?

You see, I just had a real question for you and even though my honesty of THAT was to NOT HURT your feelings or in any matter of attack mode,,YOU still took THAT and tried to make me out to be like SOME OTHERS who MIGHT DO THAT,,,
See, in my mind if two women love each other,,cool good for them!
If two dudes love each other ,,cool good for them also.
But what I didn't know and still don;t understand,
Is WHY SOME FEEL a NEED to """DO THAT" ROLE PLAY?

Thats it? Thats all I TRIED to ask here!

Hey,,sorry I offended you with my real questions, SORRY THEY UP-SET YOU and I'll step-aside,,, and say goodnight..
Oh,,and Welcome to the site..

I didn't assume, you are the one who threw out the word roles. Maybe if your word phrasing was comprehensible I would be able to understand what you are trying to say.

There isn't always a gender role.

I see nothing wrong with what I stated. If you do not understand homosexuality then let me know, but don't believe that every single gay person out there is trying to be or role play the opposite sex.

Trust me I am not offended easily. I've heard it all. I get annoyed, but it's a part of life, is it not?

Sorry if I came across as aggressive, that was not my intention at all.

Wed 03/10/10 11:31 PM

Actually I did a presentation today on Betty Friedan and "The Feminine Mystique".. Have you seen the movie Iron Jawed Angels? I loved it.

Haven't seen the movie yet, hear good things about it, and can never remember to look it up.

Enjoyed the book, and others. Have you read Jessica Valiente's books? Very good.

Jessica Valenti's FULL FRONTAL FEMINISM? I am reading it currently. My sociology teacher is using it in class, but to be honest I'm already half way done with it. I love her Ideas and how she expresses them. It's great to read an author who knows where many women are coming from. Any other suggestions?

Her other book He's a Stud, She's a Slut and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know.

The War Against Women - Marilyn French

Are Women Human? and Other International Dialogues - Catherine MacKinnon (A bit redundant and dry, but good info)

****: A Declaration of Independence - Inga Muscio

I will check these out thanks!

In the land of god and man: a latin womans journey isnt a feminism book, but its a good eye opener about what women in south american countries deal with.

Will look into it, thanks. Sex in History by Reay Tannahill is a good overview, literally of sex in history, with a strong emphasis on the crap women had to deal with. A friend recommended O: The Intimate History of the Orgasm by Jonathon Margolis as a similar book and he sent high reviews over it. Havn't grabbed it yet, but I've agreed with him on other books, so I feel safe in passing it along.

great! let me know if you come across any other ones. I'm really getting into this topic.

Wed 03/10/10 11:25 PM

Actually I did a presentation today on Betty Friedan and "The Feminine Mystique".. Have you seen the movie Iron Jawed Angels? I loved it.

Haven't seen the movie yet, hear good things about it, and can never remember to look it up.

Enjoyed the book, and others. Have you read Jessica Valiente's books? Very good.

Jessica Valenti's FULL FRONTAL FEMINISM? I am reading it currently. My sociology teacher is using it in class, but to be honest I'm already half way done with it. I love her Ideas and how she expresses them. It's great to read an author who knows where many women are coming from. Any other suggestions?

Her other book He's a Stud, She's a Slut and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know.

The War Against Women - Marilyn French

Are Women Human? and Other International Dialogues - Catherine MacKinnon (A bit redundant and dry, but good info)

****: A Declaration of Independence - Inga Muscio

I will check these out thanks!

In the land of god and man: a latin womans journey isnt a feminism book, but its a good eye opener about what women in south american countries deal with.

Wed 03/10/10 11:13 PM

Wed 03/10/10 11:10 PM
Edited by xxkonstantine125xx on Wed 03/10/10 11:15 PM

I Accept the title of humanist,,,,I LOVE ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE HUMAN.

Now just to be asking something here?
If YOU are calling YOURSELF a Feminist, then WHY would you WANT TO
LOOK the part of a MALE,,as to this photo here,,it SEEMS to reflect that you are MAKING A STATEMENT to the fact that YOU might be more a male-its as a feminist?
TO me a Feminist woman is one who portrays her self in her ALL,
as a lady who personifies the over-all beauty and elegance of that gender?
I have a strong feminist side to me ,,yet I don't FEEL any desires to SHOW THAT by wearing THAT LOOK,,or trying to ACT through actions as to portray that I am able to have many traits to my personality as MORE the softer relaxed MALE who can be a women's close friend LIKE her GIRLS can be with her,,just as THAT, a friend and nothing more between us.

And PLEASE I would NOT TRY and hurt your feelings here as to your gender likes or dis-likes I have ALWAYS wondered WHY any lady who likes ladies,,would WANT to try and copy that ROLL of MALE in and through their shared relationships with?

And YES,,that SAME ROLL PLAY LOOK AND ACT DOES ALSO go into MANY MALE relationships?
And my question was only THOUGHT here,,to YOU,,because of your statements verses what appears to be your more of the THOUGHTS through YOUR LOOK as wanting to play the MALE ROLL in a relationship with another woman,,,,? YET calling YOUR SELF a feminist? AND THAT,,,loses me a bit?
I am JUST ASKING,,what I DON'T KNOW ?

Typical to assume who or what I try to be by a picture. I don't portray a male or wish to be close to a male. I am happy to be a woman and can guarantee you that emotionally I am more woman than many feminine women. Simply because I wear loose clothing doesn't mean a thing. I've never been comfortable in fitting clothes, but I have never desired to have a penis in any point in my life. I am not making a statement and it is very shallow and stupid to judge based on a cover.

By the way the "roll" word you are trying to use is ROLE.

Some of your statements/ questions make no sense. I suggest taking a few classes on constructing sentences and properly using punctuation if you are trying to make a point clear. Because matters like these, I rather address appropriately and intellectually.

Wed 03/10/10 10:09 PM

Wed 03/10/10 10:08 PM

I am woman...

Hear me roar baby....

Sometimes

if your real nice....

I'll rub against your legs....

And meow!!!!!! Lol:heart:

Lol..this made me laugh.

Tue 03/09/10 11:54 PM

*standing ovation*
Damn girl. Your speech is one that i would proudly recite in ANY of my HERstory classes ;D you are so well spoken and i agree with EVERY word written. You def. educated me some :) Loved every word.

Haha thanks honey! It took me a while to process what I wanted to write. I plan to write many more pieces on this issue. What's your major?

Tue 03/09/10 11:36 PM

I am burning my bra as we speak............smokin

You are aware that bra burning never actually happened during the suffrage movement right? lol

I have no idea what you are talking about. I just happened have one left behind from my crazy azz wife I thought I might torch.......smokin

lol makes sense.

Tue 03/09/10 11:29 PM

I am burning my bra as we speak............smokin

You are aware that bra burning never actually happened during the suffrage movement right? lol

Tue 03/09/10 11:22 PM
So this will be my first attempt in writing anything which I clearly identify myself as a feminist. I never knew I was a feminist until recently. The more I think about it, the prouder I am of being a feminist. I'm not a feminist because I am a lesbian, I am not a feminist because I am a minority, I am not a feminist because I believe there will be equality, I am not a feminist because I believe women are better than men, and I am not a feminist because I feel it necessary to be deviant.
I am a feminist because I refuse to sit back and deal with being knocked down. A feminist is a feminist, doesn't matter what her call is. In the end we all want the same thing. Sure, we may not share a common ground but women rights, are women rights. I refuse to believe that we all deal with one type of discrimination. However, it is not okay to be selfish and fight for one cause. We should fight for all women right issues.
Instead of holding one another down like lobsters in a pot filled with boiling water, we should help one another find a way out of the pot which is filled with discrimination, hatred, and mistreatment towards women. The suffrage movement made a huge impact in society, but not many people know what it is. Men tell our story, not women. I'm not going to call HIStory, HERstory, because I believe that's absurd and stupid.
We all know that the 19th amendment was granted in 1920, but you have no idea the struggle, sacrifices, and bruises the women involved with this movement dealt with. From being prisoners to hunger strikes, from protesting in the snow to leaving their children at home in order to give them a better future.
All these women are heroes and it amazes me that we do not learn about them. We are led to believe that some how it was just granted. Woodrow Wilson, strongly opposed granting these women their right to vote. They took quotes directly from him and threw them back at him. The older I become, the more I realize how naïve I've been my whole life. I cannot depend on people to open my eyes, I need to go out there and uncover what the real world is.
I wish I could say that I hope we all will live in a world that grants everyone the same rights, treatment, and respect. To be honest, I doubt that will ever happen. People feel hatred for that which they do not understand. Intolerance is the worst form of selfishness.
There will be equality in the world when people can actually express their ideas, emotions, beliefs, and values without someone shaking their head at them. The day we can sit peacefully and talk about what we believe in and why we believe in it, not only will we accomplish something extraordinary, but we will be able to grow as individuals. Critical thinking goes a long way.
Intolerance breeds hate, make a difference and allow yourself to go in the deep end. Who knows, you may discover new things in life that will help you contribute to a better future.

Thu 12/24/09 12:14 AM

I think you'd do well to read the constitution and the bill of rights before they were amended to appease the rich, and maybe you'd also gain some knowledge reading the annotated codes written prior to our democracy being over ridden by surbanites who forgot the blood that was spilled to allow them to live there......as to the rights to bear arms, granted, so open the military instead of the prisons for petty *** crimes, like they used to do in the sixties, many of those wayward souls died for your habitat and many still went on to lead very productive lives as good citizens.....apples and oranges, we could debate it all day, but it seems useless when you are stuck in a world of black and white, the law is the law right, but who makes them, surely not the majority.

Unfortunately people are used to the dichotomous thinking method.

What is that suppose to mean? I quoted that because it has the date 1795, the constitution was written 4 years earlier. That shows that in that time period the term bare arms meant to serve in a military/ milita. There is even a Supreme Court case in the 1800s that stated a man may carry a rifle every day to hunt for food and would not have been said to bare arms. I guess you just don't think highly of people having the intelligence and forethought to try to interpret laws for how they were written, and then show evidence of this. (this was my idea, but I wanted to show factual data to support it.. but I guess that isn't good in your book either) I guess people should just see them for how they want them to be.

(you called the other lady out for not citing her source, and when I cite one you just insult... what a good debater)

I wasn't insulting you. I was saying people not you lol. I wasn't calling you dichotomous, I meant people who you pointed out as only think in black and white. I was agreeing with you.

Oh, my bad. Then my remarks about bad debating are unfounded and I appologize, but you can see how my citing a dictionary could cause confusion in that instance. drinker there is your appology beer.

lol thanks

Previous 1 3 4 5 6