Community > Posts By > transientmind

transientmind's photo
Thu 09/03/09 10:58 PM
Edited by transientmind on Thu 09/03/09 11:00 PM

Anyone who starts a nice guy thread. SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! Ahhh feeling better.
Seriously, why can't I get any play when I'm in the checkout line with my mother?

Edit: Oh, the double entendre.surprised

transientmind's photo
Thu 09/03/09 10:47 PM
Edited by transientmind on Thu 09/03/09 10:50 PM
I love autumn when I'm on four wheels (as current). When I'm on two, the wet leaves make the world go sideways.

transientmind's photo
Thu 09/03/09 10:44 PM

If I woke up in the morning and slapped every dumbass that got in my way or tried to ruin my day with lack of common sense and complete stupidity......I'd have carpal tunnel by 5 o'clock. SLAP!
5? Either you've got uncommonly strong wrists or you're letting some of the ladies off the hook.

transientmind's photo
Thu 09/03/09 10:03 PM
I smoke when I get an electrical connection wrong.

I smoke when I'm under the (car) hood and a carburetor malfunctions.

I smoke when someone puts an old gas jug in the bonfire without telling me.

...But I haven't lit a cigarette in years.

Well, not my own.

transientmind's photo
Wed 08/26/09 01:30 AM
Edited by transientmind on Wed 08/26/09 01:32 AM

After using a chamber pot in the woods for 2.5 years, having to break through solid ice to dig a cathole and having my behind freeze to the pot... I don't complain about putting the seat down now that I have a real toilet.

noway flowerforyou
flowerforyou waving

Worldcom aftermath.

that like, totally sucks.
All better now, and I got all my missed childhood camping out in one fell swoop.

that's good then. i've never been camping. i don't think i'd survive; me and bugs and the outdoors, yeah, not a good idea.
It's all in the time and place. There's a place called Black Balsom Bald on the NC/TN border that I've visited several times. In spring and summer, it's awesome, a little hike between blueberry bushes to a mountain view but in winter... you learn why the summit is above the tree line.

transientmind's photo
Wed 08/26/09 01:17 AM

After using a chamber pot in the woods for 2.5 years, having to break through solid ice to dig a cathole and having my behind freeze to the pot... I don't complain about putting the seat down now that I have a real toilet.

noway flowerforyou
flowerforyou waving

Worldcom aftermath.

that like, totally sucks.
All better now, and I got all my missed childhood camping out in one fell swoop.

transientmind's photo
Wed 08/26/09 01:01 AM

noway flowerforyou
flowerforyou waving

Worldcom aftermath.

transientmind's photo
Wed 08/26/09 12:56 AM

transientmind's photo
Sat 08/22/09 10:21 PM
Booyah, I'm moving (closer) to the country this week.drinker

transientmind's photo
Sat 08/22/09 10:10 PM
I grew up around these guys:

One kind of orb tends make large webs, tough enough to catch small birds in. Tough enough to catch a human in for a few, very irritating seconds.

But that was in South Carolina, I live with the tarantulas now, and haven't had a problem with them. In fact, a red one is supposed to be worth about $500 at the local zoo.

Spiders in general catch and eat bugs (or mice, in the case of tarantulas) that aren't beneficial, flies, roaches, etc. I'd rather have a "huge" wolf spider than a huge roach problem.

transientmind's photo
Sat 08/22/09 08:44 PM
Edited by transientmind on Sat 08/22/09 08:44 PM
When I went to change the pic, I noted that someone had viewed me, so the crossover theory is probably wrong.

transientmind's photo
Sat 08/22/09 08:34 PM
My "recent activity" panel says that someone messaged me 8 hours ago but my mailbox isn't showing the message.

Could that be a mixed signal between "messaged" and "viewed" or was something lost?huh

transientmind's photo
Sat 08/22/09 06:47 AM
You could take a picture of yourself holding up a sign that says "Girls Only," but there would probably still be someone who ignores it.

transientmind's photo
Sat 08/22/09 06:20 AM

And that answer son might be some of your problem. Perfect?
The lady's got a point.

transientmind's photo
Mon 08/17/09 02:44 AM
Thank you, I've been scratching my head to find a manuscript that wasn't horribly violent. Vampires, action-heroes, slashers and bombers and blah, seen it all before.

Details mon! Need details!

Like how David made a fool of himself at the gas station, which passed in a single sentence.

transientmind's photo
Sun 08/16/09 04:04 AM

That's true!!!:heart:

Have a great Sunday!!
Likewise, peaceshades

transientmind's photo
Sun 08/16/09 03:54 AM
I believe that there are many facets to the absolute truth of the universe but make no pretense of having seen them all.

transientmind's photo
Sun 08/16/09 03:50 AM

Mean people:angry:

Rude people:angry:

People who make fun of those less fortunate
:angry:

People who treat the elderly badly:angry:

Pediphiles:angry:

Oh

Im sounding a little hateful :heart:

Sounds like "righteous anger" to me. If they ceased to commit/live the dysfunction, they'd be back in your good graces, right?

transientmind's photo
Sun 08/16/09 03:46 AM

Ah, I thought you might be talking about a mind-sucking soulful smoke tent, for smokin' th' funny weed n' stuff.

I don't like the city either. I like oxygen.

My Appalachian origin automatically blocks any smart remarks about you doing your crazy relatives.

Hahaha...I forget about the 'other' connotations that 'do' word has...slaphead

It's having to attempt to play 'nice'...and suffer the indignities of it all...I am the family weirdo, I am the black sheep, I am the strange duck...

and yet, they all seem that way to me...surprised

That's why I moved 1000 miles away from most of mine.

I'm content to be strange but dangit, it comes with a lot of hot air.

transientmind's photo
Sun 08/16/09 03:20 AM
Holy mother of fuzzies, that didn't look so long on Word™surprised

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25