Community > Posts By > RustyKitty

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 09/01/16 03:22 PM

How did you cope with it? Mingling?!

I would do things for yourself; find something you enjoy and do it. hang out with friends, take a class, join a group of something, it will help you meet new people.
Good luck... this too shall pass.

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 09/01/16 03:19 PM

...all..I.. want to know is...
Do you help him pitch up the tent...
Wink.lol..

the tent seems self-erecting... poof, there its up! I am more helpful in taking the tent down

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/30/16 09:25 PM

Yes I know you are a new widow and yet I seem to remember several of your previous threads talking about other men. So maybe because you like him more than you are saying is where this is getting cloudy.

Best wishes in this sticky situation

I wonder if you are mixing me up with someone else? I haven't dated any other men .. well, pre-marriage yea, 35 years ago... I will have to search my comments..
I appreciate your other comments and I feel pretty much the same.
TY

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/30/16 07:49 PM
hmmmm, maybe you should patent that..

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/30/16 07:44 PM

I'm telling him that he is my friend first and if he wants her, then go..I'll set you free...and how awful that one needs to 'choose'...

So basically you gave him a preemptive "Ultimately, you're disposable. I can lose you. You really don't matter that much. Let's just be friends, or at least you're pretty much always in the friend zone and I give you special passes out of it," speech?

Good luck with that.

more like, if you love someone, set them free... if they love you, they will come back, scenario.
He knows he's not disposable - I've told him that I really, really like him..
(I'm a new widow, with new feelings... and I just can't say Love at this time, but I do got a strong case of like, for sure)..

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/30/16 05:43 PM
so, me and my old boyfriend (from 45 years ago) have been hitting it off pretty darn good.. our last get together was for 7 days, 5 days of which we camped.. this just started a couple weeks ago..and we live in different provinces (7 hour drive)..
It seems his ex-girlfriend (they broke up back in February, 6 months ago) found out about our get together(s) and has been texting him to meet up and 'talk'..He says they had an ugly breakup and hurt each other and he doesn't want to meet up with her..
They dated for about 8 months..
Old boyfriend is having angst, as he at one time had feelings for her.. I don't know what she is saying to him now..but I know he is developing feelings for me..
I am glad for his honesty in telling me about her texting him.
I'm telling him that he is my friend first and if he wants her, then go..I'll set you free...and how awful that one needs to 'choose'...
We will see what he does.. he is supposed to be driving here for the long weekend,, arriving Friday. stay tuned, lol

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 08/25/16 08:04 AM
money.. that makes happy

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 08/25/16 07:45 AM
Music brings me joy..while I don't play any instruments, I do like to sway to the music.. I always have some type of noise around me as I putter around my home...at night my ipod plays throughout the night.

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 08/21/16 09:47 AM
money, iphone, lipstick..

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 08/20/16 11:06 PM
I'm a fan of morning sex ... but its all good.

RustyKitty's photo
Wed 08/10/16 08:36 PM
fear of committment?

RustyKitty's photo
Wed 08/10/16 06:40 AM
I could do without phone, internet, tv for more than a month if I am on a holiday..sounds like bliss to me..
Unfortunately, I am still working,.and these days, working requires all of the technology..

RustyKitty's photo
Wed 08/10/16 06:20 AM

Turns out my 'long lost love'.. is shy. .. try to help him out of that a bit, bring him out of his shyness

Is that what you want? A project? What do you want out of the relationship? Short term fun, relive youth, something long term?

If you "help" him with shyness, will that change him?
If that changes him, is he still going to be the same guy that is your "long lost love?"

Does he really want you to help him? Or is he a "nice" shy guy that tells you what you want to hear because he's too shy and nice to tell you the truth?

Do you think it's possible that shyness is just another ploy?
Kinda like "nice guys?"
Where "nice guys" subconsciously adopt the facade of being a "nice guy" as a means to protect a "good" image and rationalize bad behavior? "I'm a nice guy, I'm a gentleman, I'm not like the trash that uses women, like a player, or tries to nail them on the first date, or tells them what they want to hear. I back up what I say, I am nice so I get niceness back, I wait a month until we're both 'ready,' it's just coincidence that all my relationships tend to fall apart right after we first start having sex."

So a "shy" guy is "shy" because they are insecure and need the woman to chase them, to fix them, to be their white knight, to feel valued and loved, because they don't understand "normal" communication that expresses such things?

If he's a "shy" guy now, at the very beginning of dating and a relationship, and you don't want to change him, and he can barely handle this...how is his shyness going to handle even stronger emotions, or more rapidly changing situations reliant upon each other?

Could something else be going on that he, or you, are simply calling "shyness?"
Like he's never had a serious, deeply committed, strong communication based relationship, just kinda found someone that stuck around, so he's not really "shy" he's just out of his depth and has no idea how to handle the emotions and interaction of something meaningful and serious?
In essence dating a teenager with all these new emotions they can't process so "shy" away from them?

I've already shocked him with my forthwardness

How has that worked out for you in general, especially with online dating, when guys "shocked" you with their forwardness (forthwardness?)...did that lead to valuable relationships and continued interaction?

He is the one who has labelled himself as shy... I've only spent a couple days with him, so I'm just getting to know him.. He has said he is lonely, I've been in his home... he needs a woman in his life (it just might NOT be me).. but I am willing to start being a friend and get him out of his rut and do things with him. He is small town/rural; never travelled far from home; he's 65 years old and never had a BJ (imagine that!).
I believe he's not been in a serious COMMUNICATION based relationship, although was married over 20 years ago and has 2 grown children..
His shyness is about sex and talking about ones 'feelings'... groan.
We've got 40 years of stories to tell each other and to catch up on and query each other..I'll find out where he's been and more importantly, where he wants to go.

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/09/16 09:36 PM

One suggestion..Alcohol..JK

I think I might ply him with whisky one night..do some digging!

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/09/16 09:35 PM

ohh.. !turns out I'm really shy as well...
Maybe you can get me to open up with some of your forwardness as well... be gentle... mybe turn the lights down low might help..lol

rofl

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/09/16 08:18 PM
Turns out my 'long lost love'.. is shy.
Now I'm reading up on that.. try to help him out of that a bit, bring him out of his shyness (with me)..and I'm a believer in talking and saying what you want..so we'll see how that goes, lol..
I've already shocked him with my forthwardness..tongue2

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/09/16 05:18 PM
I had a great childhood.. The youngest of 3 and only girl ; small town values - played outdoors in the summer; joined community programs (4-H, CGIT); parents didn't fight, they showed affection; no drama growing up..
a great example to follow and make for my children..

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/09/16 05:08 PM

What is it with guys who like buying stuff for girls?
As in "spoiling" when they're just starting to date.
It's weird how generous they try to be.
Are they trying to buy me?
Is it a sexual thing?
(Because I've known guys who get off on being forced to buy things for women.)
It baffles me.
Isn't dating about things you can't buy in life?
Mayhaps I should clue them in.

?Well, if its stuff we can use together..pitchfork

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 08/07/16 11:25 AM

I'm on the Mothers side.

Maybe her reaction was a little OTT

Boobs are like train sets at Christmas, made for kids but the Dad always wants to play with them.

ha, ha.. I agree..
When done discreetly, breast-feeding a baby in public, should be a non-issue..

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 08/07/16 09:25 AM

I asked my 24 yr old neighbor, mother of two, " Do you having any writing or tablet paper?"

She tilted her head like a dog, & said, " You want what? "
So I replied, " I need to write a thank you, it is protocol ".

She adamantly shook her head & said ' No, we don't have anything like that, just send a text' & rolled her eyes & laughed.

I held my tongue. Because I was very tempted to ask, 'Do you know what a mailbox is?'

I walked away & went out & brought more ' thank you cards'.

People still appreciate being acknowledged & a personal touch.

Indeed... etiquette should never go out of style.!